Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Eonwe posted:

Agreed

have clothes, scrap metal, etc everywhere

change up the recipes if you have to, no reason not to

why would every armoire in multiple cities just have literally no clothes

I just ran around for 30 minutes on Requiem. I only saw one other person and I found over 75 scrap metal and shredded 30+ backpacks/shirts/jeans/caps

Edit:

Also around 70 .45 rounds and 30 .308. 3 1911s but no other guns. Lots of knives/hammers etc.

D-Pad fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jan 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forge
Feb 26, 2006
So I take the temper tantrum post as we still didn't fix the actual dupe and instead will attempt to ban you with our secret logs(tm).

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why would people play an early access that bans you? Like, if I find a duping bug and I do it to confirm it and report it, I'll still get banned by whatever system is in place. Hell 7daystodie has a duping bug that can happen on accident, so why would I want to play and help test?

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I think that's the misunderstanding on your part. Alpha has already gone by. This is actually Beta 3-4 where in this case the money grab has already happened so now they give no fucks. This way if they ban you, you'll have to give them another $20. This poo poo should basically be illegal, but really who's going to regulate the lovely rear end software industry.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

forge posted:

I think that's the misunderstanding on your part. Alpha has already gone by. This is actually Beta 3-4 where in this case the money grab has already happened so now they give no fucks. This way if they ban you, you'll have to give them another $20. This poo poo should basically be illegal, but really who's going to regulate the lovely rear end software industry.

I don't think a community where you have to pay :10bux: to rejoin after a ban could survive

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow

Turtlicious posted:

Why would people play an early access that bans you? Like, if I find a duping bug and I do it to confirm it and report it, I'll still get banned by whatever system is in place. Hell 7daystodie has a duping bug that can happen on accident, so why would I want to play and help test?

You aren't going to get banned for accidentally doing it every once in a while, they outright said you'd be banned in you abused it. Meaning if they see in the logs that you're repeatedly performing the bug in order to gain an advantage. There's no situation that should happen where you 'accidentally' CTD over and over after dropping your poo poo after all.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Evilreaver posted:

I don't think a community where you have to pay :10bux: to rejoin after a ban could survive

Pretty sure there have been hackers in some other EA games like Rust that spent several hundred dollars on accounts as they got banned.

EDIT: I just realized what you did there, you clever bastard.

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

Eonwe posted:

Agreed

have clothes, scrap metal, etc everywhere

change up the recipes if you have to, no reason not to

why would every armoire in multiple cities just have literally no clothes

The problem is that a lot of the advanced recipes need simple tools. Build a deck with nails, logs and planks? Just need an axe, wood and scrap! Large shelter? 16 scrap and 4 logs please!

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

BlueGrot posted:

The problem is that a lot of the advanced recipes need simple tools. Build a deck with nails, logs and planks? Just need an axe, wood and scrap! Large shelter? 16 scrap and 4 logs please!

Considering how vulnerable they are even if you disregard exploits I'm fine with buildings not being super-hard to make.

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

I feel like this is the world's best squirrel simulator. I spent all day hoovering up supplies and digging holes all over the map with caches of nuts food/ammo/weapons and I think I'm prepared to last out the winter now. :tbear:

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Anyone else crashing the launcher after the zombie animation? Weird.. verifying didn't fix it.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Went from never finding a gun (Started last weekend) to having three 1911's. Yeah, maybe gun spawn could be taken down a bit.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

DOOMocrat posted:

Went from never finding a gun (Started last weekend) to having three 1911's. Yeah, maybe gun spawn could be taken down a bit.

I dunno, I played for 4 hours yesterday and I found one (lovely) AR15 (no bullets) and a bunch of M1911's of varying quality with tons of .45 ammo. I think the ammo should be reduced a bit (I had somewhere around 220 rounds for the pistol), but guns I think are ok (at least based on that singular experience). I was killing people and taking their ammo, but really the majority of bullets I found in random houses, and sometimes I'd find 20-30 rounds in a single batch.

Everything was great until I ran out from behind cover and tried to shoot someone like an idiot, only for them to cap me and then scream over chat that they're a Counter-Strike pro and call me a fag.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I would be more inclined to believe he was a CS player if he included a homosexual epithet.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Don't you know his team almost qualified in ESEA one year? Jeez, show some respect.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Hatred and CAL-I-gnorance are destroying this society.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I've found joy in playing a pacifist in Battle Royale mode. I run around with my hands up blasting "Why can't we be friends" over virtual audio cable.

I die every single time, but it's usually good for a laugh and a free hat skin.

Regarding loot: I feel like it's alright for right now. Once Alpha is over and done with maybe tone down the gun/ammo spawns a bit, but I'm actually finding enough food/cloth/metal to not be playing Blackberry Eating Simulator 2K15 anymore.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Overdrift posted:

I feel like this is the world's best squirrel simulator. I spent all day hoovering up supplies and digging holes all over the map with caches of nuts food/ammo/weapons and I think I'm prepared to last out the winter now. :tbear:

There was a screenshot on Reddit the other day where some program was drawing neon pink wireframes over player-built objects, I've definitely lost some well-hidden loot in well-hidden locations, some people have a way of finding your secret holes. Basically be prepared to lose anything that isn't on your character!

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Rage is the only freedom left me.
SOE just needs to decide what kind of game do they want this to be and let everyone know. Right now they're trying to walk in two worlds and it just seems like a mess.

Do they want it to be a Zombie survival MMO? If so then they need to tone down the levels of everything as it is right now. Ammo should be rare and only come a few rounds at a time. Food and Water should mainly be handled via hunting and purifying. Most importantly Zombies have to actually mean something. In this scenario creating a character and having it survive and slowly build power up over time could be fun and challenging.

Do they want it to be a Murder simulator? Is so then the current rate of spawning is probably fine. You and every person you meet will have a gun and essentially unlimited ammo. You then play a scaled down version of deathmatch to see who wins. If you lose and die you can respawn and gear back up quickly to deathmatch again. Zombie are a mini-game designed to kill time between killing the next person you find instead of being a real threat. This scenario can be fun for quick bursts of game play and not putting any real stake into your character. Log on kill some mans, die then logoff for the night content.

Neither type of game is right or wrong in my opinion and both have merits. I do not however think that they can make a game that tries to straddle both of these scenarios. I personally would prefer a more survival based game, since if I want a murder simulator you have DayZ and Rust. I just don't see the need to have another one of those games in an already flooded market.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Rylek posted:

Neither type of game is right or wrong in my opinion and both have merits. I do not however think that they can make a game that tries to straddle both of these scenarios. I personally would prefer a more survival based game, since if I want a murder simulator you have DayZ and Rust. I just don't see the need to have another one of those games in an already flooded market.

Why couldn't they? Isn't that the entire point of servers with different rule sets?

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

Knightmare posted:

There was a screenshot on Reddit the other day where some program was drawing neon pink wireframes over player-built objects, I've definitely lost some well-hidden loot in well-hidden locations, some people have a way of finding your secret holes. Basically be prepared to lose anything that isn't on your character!

Yea this occured to me after building them, so I made a few alts and parked them outside of my holes loaded up with the rarer/more valuable stuff, and left the bulky things like backpacks/food/etc in the holes. I don't know if I'll ever actually use all this stuff, but it scratches some sort of spergy itch to stash it all away for later.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
I dont understand the lack of minimap -- do they want us to be reliant on copying and pasting into a 3rd party map? If so, why?

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

There is a map screen ingame, I think you press M to open it. But it's not done. I don't know if they intend for us to find maps in the world which are then placed on that screen or if it will be filled in as you explore though.

Rylek
Feb 13, 2009

Rage is the only freedom left me.

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

There is a map screen ingame, I think you press M to open it. But it's not done. I don't know if they intend for us to find maps in the world which are then placed on that screen or if it will be filled in as you explore though.

I like both of these options.

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

I think it'd be neat if you had to click the information signs scattered throughout the map to get that chunk of the map added, along with requiring a compass to pinpoint your position.

Does anyone know if they have any more maps planned, or if the existing one will be extended at all?

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Overdrift posted:

I think it'd be neat if you had to click the information signs scattered throughout the map to get that chunk of the map added, along with requiring a compass to pinpoint your position.

Does anyone know if they have any more maps planned, or if the existing one will be extended at all?

There was an interview with Smedley I believe where he said that the cookie cutters are basically done and they can extend the map as much as they want. I'm pretty sure the map will be enlarged before the F2P launch for sure, I don't know if we'll see anything in alpha (probably beta). This is kind of enforced with the way the roads end in the current map.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

So it seems that the whole PVPD gimmick has caught on. I got mugged by four guys by the fire station, who told me to get on the ground and empty out my pockets. I told them they were mugging a dude for a bow and arrow (truth) and while they were distracted in looting a zombie who was getting close, I decided to get up and take one of them out. Got filled with shotgun rounds immediately thereafter.

Also, ESP and one-shot AR-15 kills seem to be a thing now.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Map with drawing tools as an item. Pick up murdered players' maps, see their marks.

Nothing but dongs.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Man, this game is a hoot sometimes. Snuck up on some dudes building a fortress, took out 2 of the 3, grabbed their hunting rifle and bullets, camped up on a nearby apartment building rooftop and killed another 2 before their gang could take me out.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Whats up with Battle Royale? I played some this morning but now the option is grayed out.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Im trying to find a good h1z1 stream because for some reason i wanna watch it. the top person is a loving dudebro the second top person is a homophobic dudebro the third person is some chick crying on stream for some reason and the fourth is a guy who doesnt know whathe’s doing. everyone else is speaking some kinda language i dont understand either somebody please help me i want to be entertained this lovely evening

Ark
Aug 20, 2000

Akion posted:

Whats up with Battle Royale? I played some this morning but now the option is grayed out.

It'll turn white automatically when there is room to queue you for a server. Click it then wait 30 minutes to hopefully get in if the client doesn't poo poo itself.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Anime Curator posted:

Im trying to find a good h1z1 stream because for some reason i wanna watch it. the top person is a loving dudebro the second top person is a homophobic dudebro the third person is some chick crying on stream for some reason and the fourth is a guy who doesnt know whathe’s doing. everyone else is speaking some kinda language i dont understand either somebody please help me i want to be entertained this lovely evening

You've discovered the secret of a 'hot' new game release, everyone wants to stream it and they all usually are horrible people. You'll notice that's why its always near the top of the viewer list a lot, because bearded dude streamer #50694 will stream it with his 30,000 viewers

http://www.twitch.tv/anthony_kongphan : this guy is pretty good for entertainment, he used to stream DayZ alot and has since switched to H1Z1.

Shadefyre
Jan 6, 2010
Kidnapping a pubbie with a few goons instead of just murdering him was pretty neat, even if the server was a bit too underpopulated to make the most of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gOntoPoaRA

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Anime Curator posted:

Lirik is an ok streamer but he plays whatever he wants in his own schedule but it usually includes a few hours of h1z1. Summit bounces between csgo and h1z1 and is pretty decent too. Summit usually plays with a large group while lirik is either alone or with one buddy.

You can find their vods but again, they play more than one game so you have to search the spots where they are playing it.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Lirik is the best. I watched him and his buddy wreck shop in PV for like 45 min yesterday. They played awesome storming holed up opponents and poo poo. Won a few gunfights and killed tons of fresh spawns.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
After the update the loot feels much better. I went from spending 3 hours finding nothing at all to a game session today where I played for an hour and had found decent assortments of food and even a handgun with some bullets.

Still don't know how I feel about the game overall though. I was hoping for a more survival horror game and less rear end in a top hat players killing you for no reason all the time. They really need to up the zombie count.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

After the update the loot feels much better. I went from spending 3 hours finding nothing at all to a game session today where I played for an hour and had found decent assortments of food and even a handgun with some bullets.

Still don't know how I feel about the game overall though. I was hoping for a more survival horror game and less rear end in a top hat players killing you for no reason all the time. They really need to up the zombie count.

i agree, this game should be more about surviving hordes of killer zombies. either more zombies or more lethal zombies.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
we should sound the horn of goondor for tomorow night and get back into the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
maybe eon, but i probably won't be there. i got into planetside beta for ps4 and so did a buncha console friends of mine. it's really fun.

• Locked thread