Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

djfooboo posted:

Hope you don't expect LEGO clutch quality :downs:

It's a toy car, it doesn't have a clutch. But the bricks are like 98% if Lego is 100%. The dudes are awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
The pic isn't mine, but yesterday I finally picked up my 2015 Subaru Outback.

I say "finally" because I had to custom order it. There wasn't a single 6 cylinder model in the entire Southeast US. Why someone would get what is basically a mid sized SUV in a 4 banger is beyond me.

Traded in my 11 year old Impreza WRX for it.

I'm pretty much a Subaru driver for life now. :)

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

HaB posted:

The pic isn't mine, but yesterday I finally picked up my 2015 Subaru Outback.

I say "finally" because I had to custom order it. There wasn't a single 6 cylinder model in the entire Southeast US. Why someone would get what is basically a mid sized SUV in a 4 banger is beyond me.

Traded in my 11 year old Impreza WRX for it.

I'm pretty much a Subaru driver for life now. :)

I hear they've really fixed up the new Outback - handles less like a big SUV and more like a Subaru. Hope you enjoy it. Also kudos for getting the 3.6.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
Picked up this sexy lady today.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Bought "Goodnight my friend" from the Galavant soundtrack, and picked up the new Louis CK standup special off his website.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

MaliciousOnion posted:

I hear they've really fixed up the new Outback - handles less like a big SUV and more like a Subaru. Hope you enjoy it. Also kudos for getting the 3.6.

After test driving the 4 cylinder - I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't think the hamster attempting to power the engine has asthma.

But yeah - aside from sitting up WAY higher, I'm surprised at its nimbleness. It's certainly not the WRX, but the gap is much smaller than I thought it was going to be.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I dunno how I ever lived without a 4th mouse button. I do all my go-back-doin' on the internet with it.

whatshesaid
May 6, 2007
:spooky:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

picked up the new Louis CK standup special off his website.

I just saw the email today from the Mister C. K., and I cannot wait to buy and watch it tonight!

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Captain Lavender posted:

I dunno how I ever lived without a 4th mouse button. I do all my go-back-doin' on the internet with it.

So hard to kick that habit when going from computer to computer. I was p happy to see Logitech was having a sale on Amazon yesterday.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Is the guy on the back of the car doing blackface?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Flaggy posted:

Is the guy on the back of the car doing blackface?

No he's just black.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I'm late to Shoe Chat, but I bought a pair of those stupid boots Goons are always recommending.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

whatshesaid posted:

I just saw the email today from the Mister C. K., and I cannot wait to buy and watch it tonight!

It had been so long since the Beacon Theater special I had forgotten my password. I enjoyed the password reset email.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Jmcrofts posted:

I'm late to Shoe Chat, but I bought a pair of those stupid boots Goons are always recommending.

I have the same boots. Treat them with some leather oil treatment and they will last/age much longer (and be more water resistant). They're great though.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I saw Louis CK a few months ago at the Oddball Comedy Fest and it was a lot of the same material. You could tell he was still working on some of his jokes with that tour. As always a well spent $5. I suggest you take a look at the Todd Barry crowd work tour on his site as well.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Finally found the light pair in my size :getin:

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Entrance ticket to visit a castle.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Benchmade mini-presidio to replace my pocket knife I stupidly had confiscated on a trip to Denver.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Scarf posted:

Benchmade mini-presidio to replace my pocket knife I stupidly had confiscated on a trip to Denver.

They didn't let you mail it home :(

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

djfooboo posted:

They didn't let you mail it home :(

Nah, it wasn't the airport, it was at an NHL game (what do you mean I can't bring this weapon into a sporting event where fights usually break out!?)

I was dumb, didn't think about it. Security asked if I wanted to put it back in my car, but we took an Uber there. She then asked if I wanted to hide it outside... Figured that'd be pretty irresponsible, I'd feel even worse if I went back and it was gone. So now a cop in Denver has my knife.

Luckily it wasn't an expensive one, but I really liked it. And it's a discontinued model. Ah well, this new one is def an upgrade.

Scarf has a new favorite as of 01:17 on Jan 29, 2015

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Bottom Liner posted:

I have the same boots. Treat them with some leather oil treatment and they will last/age much longer (and be more water resistant). They're great though.

Oil on suede boots is not a good idea. Maybe wax, or I just put the water resistant spray on mine.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Scarf posted:

Benchmade mini-presidio

Excellent choice. Benchmade for life. I just bought a 707 and 710.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Got these at half-price at a store closing sale"

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Coffee And Pie posted:

Got these at half-price at a store closing sale"

You chose correctly :c00lbert:

Related: It popped into my head this morning at work that Spring Breakers will be 2 years old in a couple of months and Jesus, it does not feel like that long ago that I saw it for the first time in theaters :stare:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Scarf posted:

Nah, it wasn't the airport, it was at an NHL game (what do you mean I can't bring this weapon into a sporting event where fights usually break out!?)

I was dumb, didn't think about it. Security asked if I wanted to put it back in my car, but we took an Uber there. She then asked if I wanted to hide it outside... Figured that'd be pretty irresponsible, I'd feel even worse if I went back and it was gone. So now a cop in Denver has my knife.

Luckily it wasn't an expensive one, but I really liked it. And it's a discontinued model. Ah well, this new one is def an upgrade.

Put it down your boot next time, sheesh.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

PCOS Bill posted:

Put it down your boot next time, sheesh.

I usually don't even think about it till I am at the gate. Not to mention the metal detector will still pick it up. I have lost a couple knives/multi tools this way. Always for the best though as the blades are pretty beat up when I loose them so forced upgrades.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Mu Zeta posted:

Oil on suede boots is not a good idea. Maybe wax, or I just put the water resistant spray on mine.

Yeah, didn't notice his were the suede. Mine aren't the same. Either way, treat them and they'll be good to you.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Continuing footwear chat, I recently snagged this pair (gently used for a fraction of retail) for a after a few months of consideration and saving:

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

Continuing footwear chat, I recently snagged this pair (gently used for a fraction of retail) for a after a few months of consideration and saving:

Those are some fine boots, and I'm in the market for something similar. Got a link?

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
the 13" Retina one of these, refurb:

And tickets to see this man:

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

McKilligan posted:

Those are some fine boots, and I'm in the market for something similar. Got a link?

I'm getting them from the original owner on Grailed, I'm afraid, so there are no other pairs.

SuperS
Oct 28, 2007
i'm not that super, really

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

beefnoodle posted:

the 13" Retina one of these, refurb:

Rollins is an amazing show.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Went on another Kickstarter spree:

Also a 2TB external hard drive, since I didn't have anything to backup my files.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
A printer:

It's a very highly rated printer (with wifi printing, which was a must for me), and Best Buy had a Hell of a deal.

Normally $180, but on sale for $110 (so about what Amazon charges.) But if you bought it with a toner cartridge (which was also on sale at the same price as Amazon, and I'd need new toner eventually anyway,) it was another $20 off, AND it came with a $30 BB gift card.

So in the end, I paid $133 out of pocket after taxes, and got the printer, another toner cartridge, and a $30 gift card...so functionally just over $100 for the printer and toner.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I'm not a huge fan of black flag or his music, but I could listen to Rollins talk all day :allears: I've seen him 3, 4 times doing spoken word over the years. It's fantastic every time.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

beefnoodle posted:

I don't see any tour dates on his site. Where are you seeing him, and when?

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Sappo569 posted:

Shoes for work

Usually not crazy about brown Derby shoes because I prefer a little more detail, but the burnish on the toe of those is lovely. Good choice.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

MaliciousOnion posted:

Went on another Kickstarter spree:

Oh poo poo, didn't even know this was happening. Loved the other two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
After nearly killing myself on the hiking trails of Zermatt after making a wrong turn and finding a completely iced over trail that resulted in enormous bruises all over my hips and legs a few weeks ago, naturally I've raced to book my next trip over there. I got 3 nights at

right near the city center. Maybe this time I will not cripple myself and actually be able to try and ski this time.

To continue shoe chat, i've also bought the following in an attempt to prevent what happened last time where even the tiniest spot of ice caused me to fall flat on my back: