Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Okay, I laughed at Merkel's face for "Angry Bird."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

forbidden lesbian posted:

mewtwo sipping tea guy is a racist

I'm only racist against Something Awful posters

lurker1981
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Selachian posted:

Okay, I laughed at Merkel's face for "Angry Bird."

How dare you?!

Merkel is a symbol of democracy and freedom all over the world!

How dare you desecrate her name with such insults! I should report you to the police!

...and perhaps they will reward me with several kilos of lard. :)

Acropolis
Feb 21, 2014

Wait... hold on. I'm pretty sure Wormbama showed up to this one. Checking the video, she literally asked him questions and he responded. What the gently caress is Ramirez trying to say here?

Also, I doubt she's ashamed of a comedy video of her eating cereal in a bath tub from 4 years ago with almost 10 million views. It'd be like making fun of Hank Green for posting a video of him humping the Google street sign. It's a thing they did, and shared because they thought it was funny. It's not an attack to bring it back up just because it offends the sensibilities of the right wing shill.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

majormonotone posted:

This comic is pretty gross.

So is this post.

drat, gently caress! It sure is gross. It's incredibly gross -- and highly loving problematic. Please cease with the problematic posts.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Acropolis posted:

Wait... hold on. I'm pretty sure Wormbama showed up to this one. Checking the video, she literally asked him questions and he responded. What the gently caress is Ramirez trying to say here?

Also, I doubt she's ashamed of a comedy video of her eating cereal in a bath tub from 4 years ago with almost 10 million views. It'd be like making fun of Hank Green for posting a video of him humping the Google street sign. It's a thing they did, and shared because they thought it was funny. It's not an attack to bring it back up just because it offends the sensibilities of the right wing shill.

I was thinking about how completely baffling this cartoon must be for people who not only do not keep up with current talking points but also are not well versed in talking points from 2012 that everyone else thought was laughable and sad (and allegedly, for one Romney adviser, vomit-inducing) but that conservatives are somehow proud enough to keep putting forward as some kind of significant commentary.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Hey does anyone have the original page from Ted Rall's Year of Loving Dangerously that Rorus Raz photoshopped to make the face in my avatar? I'm on my phone and all I can find is the photoshopped one.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Acropolis posted:

Obama is an ineffectual president, essentially an empty chair. It is a common conservative attack.

Similarly common is Obama being a tyrannical monarchic despot who is imposing his will on America.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Mellow Seas posted:

So, Bors posted on twitter a comparison of this Ramirez from 2007 and a Jim Borgman (haven't seen him in this thread, but he's the man behind slightly less awful version of "Dustin", "Zits") that he is pretty sure came first.

You know, I'm actually less surprised by the possible (probable) plagiarism than I am by:

1. Ramirez actually telling a joke
2. Ramirez, or any conservative, mocking someone for buying a car that isn't fuel efficient, and
3. Ramirez drawing two people in dense foliage without putting halos around them.

Obama has really broken his already-lovely brain, huh?

If Ramirez did steal the joke, he tried to obfuscate it by changing it to be completely incoherent. Adam and Eve already bought an SUV and are being tempted by a gas pump to...?

I think he wanted to make the opposite point as the original (per #2 on your list) but in classic Ramirez fashion didn't think through the visual metaphor at all. You'd think it might have occurred to him at some point when he was meticulously inking all that foliage.

lurker1981
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Stereotype posted:

Obama is an ineffectual president, essentially an empty chair.

I should report you to the CIA, FBI, the Department of Homeland Security, and every other organization that would kidnap, torture, and kill you for saying such things.

This is America, dammit! This is not the USSR!!

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Mellow Seas posted:

So, Bors posted on twitter a comparison of this Ramirez from 2007 and a Jim Borgman (haven't seen him in this thread, but he's the man behind slightly less awful version of "Dustin", "Zits") that he is pretty sure came first.

You know, I'm actually less surprised by the possible (probable) plagiarism than I am by:

1. Ramirez actually telling a joke
2. Ramirez, or any conservative, mocking someone for buying a car that isn't fuel efficient, and
3. Ramirez drawing two people in dense foliage without putting halos around them.

Obama has really broken his already-lovely brain, huh?

Jim Borgman is also a Pulitzer winner. He retired from editorial cartooning in 2008 to focus on "Zits" full-time.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Stereotype posted:

Obama is an ineffectual president, essentially an empty chair. It is a common conservative attack.

I thought it was yet another reference to Eastwood doing that awkward and embarrassing empty chair routine at the RNC way back in 2012. Is the empty chair thing a meme that dates back before that event?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Muir is this close to writing an actual rape scene.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

I typed "FBI anti-Muslim hate crimes" into google and got this article. I guess 160 recorded crimes and a probable 3,000 crimes aren't "mass" enough to meet Tinsley's definition? I mean it's sad that at least one person was beaten to death in America for their Muslim faith, but is it really that sad? Bruce Tinsley doesn't think so.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

So uh is there a specific article I'm supposed to read on the FBI's website? Because I typed "anti-muslim backlash" into the search bar on FBI.gov and got more than 100 incidents

EDIT: beaten.

Van Kraken
Feb 13, 2012

From the FBI's hate crime statistics, 2001:

hatecrime01.pdf posted:

Another noticeable increase in 2001 was among religious-bias incidents. Anti-Islamic religion incidents were previously the second least reported, but in 2001, they became the second highest reported among religious-bias incidents (anti-Jewish religion incidents were the highest), growing by more than 1,600 percent over the 2000 volume. In 2001, reported data showed there were 481 incidents made up of 546 offenses having 554 victims of crimes motivated by bias toward the Islamic religion.

You hack. gently caress you.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
All I can really say is that I'm glad my paper doesn't carry Mallard Fillmore or I'd be writing a frothing letter to them about this comic right now. What a steaming pile of poo poo.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Wasn't there a crazy who shot up a Sikh temple in the midwest cause he thought they were muslims?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Wasn't there a crazy who shot up a Sikh temple in the midwest cause he thought they were muslims?

Sounds like no Muslims were hurt, therefore there was no backlash.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Ah, but that one was one singular lone-wolf attack, not indicative of a mass backlash at all :tinsley:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

haha that's pretty beyond the pale even for Tinsley. I'm half-tempted to send the link to CAIR or something.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Wait. Wait. Hold up a moment here.

Let me just figure out the rules.

So the talking duck reporter interviews the unicorn and the unicorn says that he's often mistaken for [thing which the comic says does not exist]. The joke is that [thing which does not exist] looks like [thing which the comic says does not exist].

But.

But!

The unicorn is right there. He's saying the things.

He's THERE. He EXISTS. He is IN THE SAME UNIVERSE.

HE'S RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE DUCK. THE UNICORN IS REAL. THE DUCK IS INTERVIEWING HIM. The unicorn MUST be real- to the duck- because the only way the comic works is if the duck reporter is also real.

So the punchline isn't [thing doesn't exist], it's [deny thing exists even if it is right in front of you and it is obvious].

The only way that the duck reporter's comic makes any sense is if the duck is counting on everyone being exactly as deep in the denial of reality as he is.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

XyloJW posted:

Hey does anyone have the original page from Ted Rall's Year of Loving Dangerously that Rorus Raz photoshopped to make the face in my avatar? I'm on my phone and all I can find is the photoshopped one.
I feel very hesitant to give you this but...OK!

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lol what a dumb bitch

loving broads should be kept out of politics am I right?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

So Ukinojoe does comics now I guess.
(So much butthurt over this on tumblr - including gamergaters having the gall to say that this is the first time vivian was sexualized)

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

All I can remember is his "knockout game" cartoons and it makes me genuinely angry. I always thought Tinsley was bad but it just seems like lately he's become absolutely intolerable.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

WitchFetish posted:

lol what a dumb bitch

loving broads should be kept out of politics am I right?

Have you listened to or read the transcript of Palin's latest speech? It's insane and it's getting the same level of ridicule as Rick Perry's "Oops" moment, or the poo poo Dan Quayle said, or any of the stuff Biden did or did not do, it has nothing to do with her gender. Are there any markers you can point to that indicate Luckovich is bringing her gender into this, or is it your unique brand of lovely contrarianism?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

lovely contrarianism?

It's WitchFetish.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Have you listened to or read the transcript of Palin's latest speech? It's insane and it's getting the same level of ridicule as Rick Perry's "Oops" moment, or the poo poo Dan Quayle said, or any of the stuff Biden did or did not do, it has nothing to do with her gender. Are there any markers you can point to that indicate Luckovich is bringing her gender into this, or is it your unique brand of lovely contrarianism?

Seriously, her speech fell into Muirese word-salad territory after her teleprompter broke, and after the fact she brought up some other speech from 2004(?) where she claims the teleprompter broke (it didn't, as other people can still see the many,many prompters she was looking at and read her speech) as proof of....something. Also, Palin is an idiot.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Acropolis posted:

A thing happened + a thing happened [in 2012]

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Rorus Raz posted:

Such an enabler . . .

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Such an enabler . . .

XyloJW's latest avatar is a masterpiece, enabling more of it is a good thing.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

In Tinsley's defense, he may not remember much from the early 2000s. :tinsley:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Cloud Potato posted:

Yesterday's Mail:

'Got the drill? ONE we're slashing your benefits. TWO so go and get a job, you lazy gits, and THREE we do hope we can count on your support'
:ohdear: The Poors!!!!! :supaburn:

I thought the Daily Mail was primarily read by working class people that very likely have no money themselves. I know Mac is a fucker but why are the readers of this garbage newspaper putting up with being caricatured like this? Or do they just assume that the Conservatives don't consider the readers of the Daily Mail as worthless, degenerate untermenschen until the moment they start on benefits?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Gilganixon posted:

I thought the Daily Mail was primarily read by working class people that very likely have no money themselves. I know Mac is a fucker but why are the readers of this garbage newspaper putting up with being caricatured like this? Or do they just assume that the Conservatives don't consider the readers of the Daily Mail as worthless, degenerate untermenschen until the moment they start on benefits?

"The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country." Its readers typically skew right wing, old, mean and selfish. Mac's in his element there.

On the subject of British comix, the Rowsons have been getting pretty table-breaking recently. Any chance they could be resized or timg'ed?

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Rorus Raz posted:

So I realize Rall didn't draw it, but goddamn, the third panel on the second page is bad. Breaks left-right for no reason, and requires a bathroom layout that is larger than the bedroom they were banging in that's shown in the next panel.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

NRVNQSR posted:

"The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country." Its readers typically skew right wing, old, mean and selfish. Mac's in his element there.

That cartoon is a) totally accurate and b) in no way right wing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Gilganixon posted:

During the TPC invasion, one of the more depressing things that goons learned was how many teabaggers and freepers are on welfare. However they only ever revealed this in private messages to deep cover accounts that "befriended" them. :smith:

• Locked thread