Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Those grenades aren't addressed enough in general.

The League is very low tech, where the hell are they supposed to be from?

The crazy Doctor dude who get Sladed? She did work for him for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Just shoot bad guys with a gun for fock's sake.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Okay, I guess Oliver didn't die, he just somehow survived the massive bone-shattering fall (which they could easily have written to be a shorter fall into snow and not only rocks). But I guess that's still better than herbs bringing him back from the dead.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Okay, I guess Oliver didn't die, he just somehow survived the massive bone-shattering fall (which they could easily have written to be a shorter fall into snow and not only rocks). But I guess that's still better than herbs bringing him back from the dead.

People survive falling out of planes, physics is weird.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

evenworse username posted:

Would also be a valid explanation. For outdoor use only.

It would also have worked if Laurel just didn't have the device(s) since we only (I think) saw Sara use it once. But since they established she has some (looked like more than one?) I think they should explain why she isn't using the kickass stun thy enemies tech very much.

It would be valid other than the first time Sarah used it, which was inside a police station. Probably just don't have any more and don't know how to make them. Or they didn't want to waste the budget on all that safety glass.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Hypothesis: Major "ridge lift."

(I WANT TO BELIEVE)

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

The angle of the landing coupled with the surprisingly rock shaped snow that was so loosely packed it softened the fall. Just run with it. In fact, gently caress it - the intense cold stopped the sword wound from killing him and trace amounts of the magic herb grew on the mountain, sustaining him until Maseo showed up.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MrFlibble posted:

The angle of the landing coupled with the surprisingly rock shaped snow that was so loosely packed it softened the fall. Just run with it. In fact, gently caress it - the intense cold stopped the sword wound from killing him and trace amounts of the magic herb grew on the mountain, sustaining him until Maseo showed up.

He pre-treated himself with magic herbs

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

seaborgium posted:

It would be valid other than the first time Sarah used it, which was inside a police station. Probably just don't have any more and don't know how to make them. Or they didn't want to waste the budget on all that safety glass.

That was a big open space though.

Like right now we're just guessing but if the show came out next episode and said it's too dangerous to use in that small room that's fine as an excuse.

Maybe they don't have the required ear protection for more than one person.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Azhais posted:

I bet he mainlines the stuff. And Freebases it. They're gonna do the drug thing but with Roy and Ollie switched "My mentor is a junkie!"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Azhais posted:

:350:

No wonder he fought so poorly

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Jesus Christ Laurel, this is some despicable poo poo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Canary-Cry devices have actual canaries inside of them which die every time one is used. Felicity refuses to make more because it's mean and cruel and it would make her cry.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
From way back but:

DarklyDreaming posted:

Calling it now, the DJ is a League plant to get access to Merlyn.

This is just the kind of show for that to make sense

Motherfucker I was joking when I posted that :stare:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Explains why his taste in music is so poo poo. Beatport doesn't take credit cards from Nanda Parbat.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Or Star Labs just goes , yeah we can make you one of those here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What the gently caress did you do to earn that?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

Just shoot bad guys with a gun for fock's sake.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Rhyno posted:

What the gently caress did you do to earn that?

I had a difference of opinion on a game involving small plastic dolls.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Diggle needs more manly guns.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

Rocksicles posted:

Doesn't matter how manly they are if he's aiming one at your head and the other at your dick.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rocksicles posted:

Maybe he just needs more guns

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Brick has gun immunity. So shoot most bad guys with a gun.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

Diggle needs a mask :(

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
John Stewart Diggle needs a Green Lantern Ring.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Azhais posted:

People survive falling out of planes, physics is weird.

I suppose we have no real reason to assume he fell down that whole height in one drop. That's what would have been organ-crushing. If he sorta tumbled/slid/rolled down the cliffs, onto a snowbank, that would have helped significantly.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Oh yeah I like how Laurel now has insta-appearing black lipstick like how Oliver and Roy have insta-appearing black eyeliner.

And did the show just forget that Ted Grant exists or what

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Huh, apparently the guy who plays Maseo is the younger brother of the guy who played the villain with diamonds stuck in his face in "Die Another Day"

The more you know!

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

She's due for a training montage over the S3 to S4 break to bring her up to par.

Or keep comically failing. Either one is fine.

Being comically inept at everything she does definitely seems like the direction they are going with for the character.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

She'll probably be uncannily good in the finale and exchange a knowing nod with Ollie because of it.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I actually like Laurel's plot right now and I'm looking forward to seeing it play out but man the actual dialogue they're writing for her is just...really stilted at best. I just don't get it. It's like they take the most innocuous phrases that humans should say and scramble them into clunky-sounding fake TV dialogue. A completely simple and straightforward concept like "I tried to be a hero and it just made things worse" turns into the utterly weird-sounding "I thought being Sara would make it hurt less but instead it caused more pain."

Like, gosh, I know she's trying to uphold Sara's legacy but that doesn't mean she needs to uphold Sara's cringeworthy dialogue too.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

DarklyDreaming posted:

From way back but:

Motherfucker I was joking when I posted that :stare:

Calling it now his league code name is The Musician. Also did anyone scope out that low-tech as gently caress cell phone Maseo was using???

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Scyantific posted:

Calling it now his league code name is The Musician. Also did anyone scope out that low-tech as gently caress cell phone Maseo was using???

It was a sat phone, they basically look like old chunky cell phones with a big rear end antenna.

BrianWilly posted:

Oh yeah I like how Laurel now has insta-appearing black lipstick like how Oliver and Roy have insta-appearing black eyeliner.

And did the show just forget that Ted Grant exists or what

I think Laurel will probably go back to him for training after Oliver returns. This whole thing has had an undercurrent of she's not actually ready yet to be doing this.

At least she realized that she shouldn't be using a weapon she hasn't trained with and in the final action sequence just took to beating up guys with a nightstick.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I was wondering why Detective Lance couldn't tell the difference in height between Sara and Laurel, but it turns out that they are roughly the same height. Katie Cassidy just looks like she is 5'10.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Xtanstic posted:

Diggle needs a mask :(

I actually kind of love that Roy, Oliver and now Laurel need these outlandish outfits with hoods and masks and lipstick to go fight the bad guys but Diggle just puts on his jacket.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

I actually kind of love that Roy, Oliver and now Laurel need these outlandish outfits with hoods and masks and lipstick to go fight the bad guys but Diggle just puts on his jacket.

Diggle doesn't give a gently caress. He should just start leaving behind 8x10 glossies of himself with "Bring it" scribbled on the front in marker.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

TyrantWD posted:

I was wondering why Detective Lance couldn't tell the difference in height between Sara and Laurel, but it turns out that they are roughly the same height. Katie Cassidy just looks like she is 5'10.

Though, as you point out, she's a radically different body type, in an outfit that's very form-fitting. I'm pretty sure if I wore tight clothing, my own parents could distinguish me from my brother, even from a distance.

Det. Lance is just dumb. Or legally blind. People need to stop giving him the benefit of the doubt about Ollie...he doesn't know poo poo about poo poo. Dinah Sr. figured out Sara was dead in 3 minutes.

Joe West is the only competent detective in the Arrowverse.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Xealot posted:

Det. Lance is just dumb. Or legally blind. People need to stop giving him the benefit of the doubt about Ollie...he doesn't know poo poo about poo poo. Dinah Sr. figured out Sara was dead in 3 minutes.

Joe West is the only competent detective in the Arrowverse.

This man speaks the truth.

I am waiting until Diggle has to cover for Laurel and pretend to be Sarah.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

White people fight crime like this...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe Lance is just trying to avoid looking at his daughter in her dominatrix outfit and averting his gaze.

• Locked thread