Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Who's the woman in the background casually punching people out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benito Cereno
Jan 20, 2006

ALLEZ-OUP!
Diamondback.

Actually an LMD of Diamondback, who is later transformed into a suit of armor by an alternate universe Tony Stark.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I don't think right field is the right place for someone to try and escape in Yankee Stadium. See YankeeFans.gif for an example.

He can't be at Shea/Citi Field, since there are no fans at Mets games.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Benito Cereno posted:

Diamondback.

Actually an LMD of Diamondback, who is later transformed into a suit of armor by an alternate universe Tony Stark.

Wait what. That sounds incredibly :stonk:-worthy if you mean what I think you mean.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Well, if DOOM could do it, then gently caress, why not Stark?

But yea, gonna need some more info on that cause it sounds wonderfully hosed up.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I dimly recall it, and I think it might've been in Kirkman's Marvel Team-Up.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

C. Everett Koop posted:

I don't think right field is the right place for someone to try and escape in Yankee Stadium. See YankeeFans.gif for an example.

He can't be at Shea/Citi Field, since there are no fans at Mets games.

Liar Spidey Super Stories #8

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Well, if DOOM could do it, then gently caress, why not Stark?

But yea, gonna need some more info on that cause it sounds wonderfully hosed up.

Diamondback had been replaced by an LMD that actually thought it was the real Diamondback. She was immobilized and a few years later an evil Tony Stark used her as the basis to form a new suit of armor. He took the name Iron Maniac.

Written by one Robert Kirkman.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

You're saying he just copied her and didn't hollow her out and use her corpse as a suit of armor. Right? Right?! :stonklol: It says something about comics that I have to actually be concerned about this happening.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dont be silly.

You have to be dead to leave a corpse.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

You're saying he just copied her and didn't hollow her out and use her corpse as a suit of armor. Right? Right?! :stonklol: It says something about comics that I have to actually be concerned about this happening.

The evil Tony Stark took the robot copy of Diamondback and turned it into a suit of armor. LMDs are robots.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

He's saying she's a machine, the concept doesn't even apply. He used her scrap metal.

The Doom analogy is pretty apt since Iron Maniac took over his universe's Latveria to oppose his universe's Mr Fantastic.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

He's saying she's a machine, the concept doesn't even apply. He used her scrap metal.

The Doom analogy is pretty apt since Iron Maniac took over his universe's Latveria to oppose his universe's Mr Fantastic.

Ah, okay; I don't know the storyline, so I wasn't sure if her software was still running in the armor or something like that.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

:saddowns: See, I had no idea what an LMD is, but that's still kinda horrifying.
Yes I should have taken ten seconds to google it and I have no idea why I didn't.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

To answer the question being asked, yes it was horrific. I'm going off memory here and I'd have to look it up, but I seem to recall that evil Stark hacks her processors and she morphs over her body like a Symbiot. But I'd have to look it up.

It was in Kirkman's Marvel Team Up series which was part of an overall effort to wrap up all of his ongoing plots from all his books. (so the Diamondback LMD from his Cap run ended up in Marvel Team Up, as did the Jubilee's Robot Grandma too. Don't ask, it was all very silly.)

Bottomline, I really didn't like Kirkman's Marvel stuff. By and large it was fairly meanspirited somehow.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The Question IRL posted:

Bottomline, I really didn't like Kirkman's Marvel stuff. By and large it was fairly meanspirited somehow.

What's mean-spirited about a story where a horrible decaying monster wears Arana's arm that's the only thing left of her body after it gets disintegrated by mercenaries from the future who kill every superhero ever, including melting Luke Cage? It's all in good fuuuuuun!

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

WHAT THE gently caress :catstare: :staredog:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

:stonk::hf::stonk: I'm sorry I asked. Jesus christ.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

For some reason I thought this was the chat thread, so please accept these palate cleansers. (also the previous source is Marvel Team Up #22)

[Deadpool #19]

Thor is the god of all kinds of thunder in [Journey Into Mystery #85]

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
Funniest panel for me this week comes from Spider-Man & The X-Men #2

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

goldenoreos posted:

Fair enough the dude knows what he likes.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

goldenoreos posted:

Gotta admire a man who won't brook any distractions.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

goldenoreos posted:

First good thing Sauron's ever done or said.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

goldenoreos posted:

Wait.. is Sauron really.. DOCTOR DINOSAUR?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

goldenoreos posted:

Weird that's the exact same reason that Reed Richard gives.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I doubt Sauron's patented that technology. Couldn't Peter just, y'know, copy it and have his company cure cancer?

Also, Sauron as Dr Dinosaur is pretty much perfect characterisation.

The Question IRL posted:

So, it's a Robert Kirkman book, is what you're saying? I've always felt he's like that one kid that was so hyped when Azrael became Batman and finally started icing the bad-guys, and NOW MOM WILL SEE THAT COMICS ARE FOR ADULTS!

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

zoux posted:

Weird that's the exact same reason that Reed Richard gives.

No Cyclops showed up whining about cancer being a mutation and how it had a right to exist.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

goldenoreos posted:

Elliott Kalan is amazing

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

SirDan3k posted:

No Cyclops showed up whining about cancer being a mutation and how it had a right to exist.

I loving love Cyclops.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

goldenoreos posted:

Sauron played by Doctor Dinosaur.

E: fuuuuuuck

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

goldenoreos posted:

I saw this somewhere else and just assumed it was an edit, that's the actual panel? Is the rest of it good?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

goldenoreos posted:

You are not even a dinosaur but a Pterosaur!!!

But hey being turned into a horrible dinosaur abomination wouldn't be that bad, at least breathing would be more efficient. :haw:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is Sauron one of the Sinister Six? I want him in that movie and I want him to say that.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Do the dinosaurs still have cancer, though?

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

robziel posted:

I saw this somewhere else and just assumed it was an edit, that's the actual panel? Is the rest of it good?

Glob Herman turns into a dinosaur. It's good.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Pierson posted:

Is Sauron one of the Sinister Six? I want him in that movie and I want him to say that.

He's an X-men villain so I think the wrong studio has him. :v:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Random Stranger posted:

He's an X-men villain so I think the wrong studio has him. :v:

If only we'd get an X-Men movie that used the Savage Land.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is that book an ongoing? I keep seeing it on Comixology and assuming it's a mini, but there's no "#x of Y".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gaz-L posted:

Is that book an ongoing? I keep seeing it on Comixology and assuming it's a mini, but there's no "#x of Y".

Its an ongoing as its replacing Wolverine and the X-men.