Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Mange Mite posted:

If someone links you to the aus version of the gw site it remembers this for the next time you visit the site. That's what they're talking about

I see what you are saying, though this has happened to me many times without ever clicking on a link to the non-US GW site.

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

mr dwarf, tear down this aegis defence line

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

GW getting on the cutting edge of this iOS app craze.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
You may take Black Barry as the commander of your space marine force. He is a WS10 BS1 gun drone that shoots cookies at your Australians.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
Gotta say, using self-destructing cookies, GW's site is less obnoxious than steam: "where you from?" vs "OH HI IT LOOKS LIKE THIS IS A NEW COMPUTER, WE'LL EMAIL YOU"

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

petrol blue posted:

Gotta say, using self-destructing cookies, GW's site is less obnoxious than steam: "where you from?" vs "OH HI IT LOOKS LIKE THIS IS A NEW COMPUTER, WE'LL EMAIL YOU"

It's annoying, but that's legit good safety policy for a service that will have the poo poo hacked out of it over and over. GW doesn't really need 2-step verification for its accounts.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

serious gaylord posted:

What scale were they?

No, they were straight up sports cars. This really happened. It was like, "Much like you enjoy collecting Games Workshop brand miniatures, we enjoy collecting sports cars. Check out Andy C in this sweet Ferrari we let him drive!" It was either in a WD or some kind of fluff piece in a financial magazine back when GW was the undisputed king of all miniature games everywhere.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

GW cookies are precious jewels of bits.

GW sells you a full chocolate chip cookie and enough chocolate chips to make three more cookies for $49.99.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Business Gorillas posted:

GW sells you a full chocolate chip cookie and enough chocolate chips to make three more cookies for $49.99.

Can you mix your chocolate chip group with raisin or oatmeal cookies?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Sure! Just make a batch of unbound cookies, bake a narrative!

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
*May contain allergens, GW cannot be held responsible for adverse reactions to unbound
[Please enter your location: COOKIES/biscuits]

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

BlackIronHeart posted:

Sure! Just make a batch of unbound cookies, bake a narrative!

I tried to use red velvet but it was expired and the new one doesn't taste as good. :(

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Chill la Chill posted:

Can you mix your chocolate chip group with raisin or oatmeal cookies?

Unfortunately thousands of dollars of research has been invested so its incredibly difficult to do that.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Chill la Chill posted:

I tried to use red velvet but it was expired and the new one doesn't taste as good. :(

Oh my god, expired red velvet is still a completely valid flavor, stop bitching that it doesn't taste exactly the same as it used to.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
General Kitchen Assistant

Recruiter Games Workshop Limited
Location Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Salary Depending on experience
Posted 27 Jan 2015
Closes 10 Feb 2015
Sector Hotel & Catering
Email this job
Add to shortlist
Apply
Do you want to be responsible for maintaining a clean, hygienic working environment?

Are you excited by being busy all of the time, working in a fast paced environment and always being able to put the customer first?

You will be responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness within the kitchen, washing and putting pots away, delivering hospitality services for meetings around site and afternoon sales of ice cream and confectionary.

We know what makes this job hard are the physical demands of working on the pot wash all day and the need to keep your area organised all of the time.

Working at Games Workshop

At Games Workshop we are looking for people who will do their best to understand the needs of the company and to put those needs first when they are at work. Because of this we believe that what you are like, hence the attitude you show to work and the way you choose to behave is even more important than your skills or experience.

Other Essential Information

Closing date: Applications must be received by midnight, UK time, on Sunday 8th February 2015.

How to Apply

If you wish to apply you must send us a letter telling us why you want this job. We select candidates for interview on the content of their letters. This is a great opportunity for you to let us know that you understand what we are looking for.

No letter, no interview.

It may also help to include an up-to-date CV.

When you have gathered this information, you can click on the ‘apply’ button to visit our application page.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
:golfclap: Nicely done.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
What's nicely done ? that's a real job advertised in the Nottingham Post

(edit)
Although the closing date is now 8th Feb

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Renfield posted:

What's nicely done ? that's a real job advertised in the Nottingham Post

(edit)
Although the closing date is now 8th Feb

http://jobs.nottinghampost.com/job/500417790/general-kitchen-assistant/

Truth is stranger than fiction.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

They want you to send in a loving cover letter to describe how much you like washing dishes.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

They want you to send in a loving cover letter to describe how much you like washing dishes.

"the small, jewel-like objects of magic and wonder that we call the bits of food caked onto the GW canteen's dishes" :v:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

More importantly why does a company that small have a staffed kitchen, instead of a self serve kitchen or just having a lunch van visit the car park?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Well, that's egg on my face. I thought it was a continuation of the baking gag and the real advert was for a store manager position! :v:

Never change, GW!

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
It's probably for the Bar in Warhammer World, rather than just for staff

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

NTRabbit posted:

More importantly why does a company that small have a staffed kitchen, instead of a self serve kitchen or just having a lunch van visit the car park?

Bugman's Bar in Warhammer World most likely

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
"I see here that you have several years of experience as a busboy, which is great, so this interview will boil down to this: do you know the difference between an ork and an orc?"

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

NTRabbit posted:

Theres over 500 people working at their head office. Plus they do food for the bar.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Bugman's Bar was some seriously overcosted crap when I went there 8 years ago. The Old World map-printed-on-skin thing was nice though.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Soon that map will be taken down and replaced with a bubble machine

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

serious gaylord posted:

Theres over 500 people working at their head office. Plus they do food for the bar.

:captainpop:

How in the hell do they find enough work for 500 people to do each week? I was expecting 60-100 people at the head office at the absolute maximum, with the rest of the employees belonging to the store chain.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jan 29, 2015

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

NTRabbit posted:

How in the hell do they find enough work for 500 people to do each week? I was expecting 60-100 people at the head office at the absolute maximum, with the rest of the employees belonging to the store chain.

The CEO isn't the only person with a wife.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

NTRabbit posted:

Most of the staff are part of the manufacturing and distribution chains. Its all done at head office.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Now I'm imagining assembly lines manned by older British housewives.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

First Bass posted:

Now I'm imagining assembly lines manned by older British housewives.

Well, the post war foundries had to be used for something - Betty Cromton has been working there since the war! No one has the heart to ask her to retire. She still thinks she's making parts for top secret weaponry.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

"Oh I'm quite sure the Hun won't stand a chance against the britannia's mighty meltaguns, only why must they be so small?"

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Tekopo posted:

Bugman's Bar was some seriously overcosted crap when I went there 8 years ago.

I wonder if to boost sales they rushed a new copy of their menu (that you have to pay to look at).

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Business Gorillas posted:

I wonder if to boost sales they rushed a new copy of their menu (that you have to pay to look at).

This has me laughing because I'm one of those folks who often likes to find something they enjoy at restaurant X and then just order it every time, and now I'm imagining a restaurant "nerfing" popular dishes by making them taste worse so people will be compelled to order the newest ones.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
if loving pains me that so many idiots adopted 7th edition so fast

ITS THE SAME GOD drat BOOK PEOPLE! BLUE STEEL?! MAGNUM?! 7TH EDITION?!

I FEEL LIKE IM TAKING CRAZY PILLS!!!

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

they keep reducing the amount of chips

e: they seem to be filling the pint glasses less and less but the price is the same

Phoon fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jan 29, 2015

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Mold lines on hot dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
"Just checking, you're not from Australia areyou? We have to charge extra for that."

• Locked thread