Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

DelphiAegis posted:

The Barkness
I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner:

barkSector

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Denzine posted:

That is almost exactly what Nekros is now. None of those skills are more valuable than 90% more loot, and it's easy to argue that they are the worst powers in their field. Terrify, for example, makes enemies run away.

Ember. Hydroid can actually kill some pretty heavy poo poo with Tentacle Swarm(or even Barrage!) if they're built right, since TS is Finisher damage and as such ignores armor/shields.

And Hydroid can turn into a puddle. Ember will be better than Hydroid if she can turn into a puddle of fire.

As for Nekros, Desecrate (I think), needs to go the way of a passive. Having a Nekros in your group gives enemies a +20% chance to drop extra loot or something. As amazing and necessary as Desecrate is, its not... compelling gameplay.

At least with the changes though, Shadows of the Dead might be able to kill something. And your army of dogs will be moderately more effective than a novelty!

(Watch them gently caress of SoD though. They'll make it into a WoF toggle)

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

I have no idea how to fix soul punch except make it not use energy (which would be ridiculous but whatever) + the changes they're already making.

Soul punch was a perfectly serviceable 1 as it was. With the changes a desecrate focused Nekros can keep anything near him from standing, ever.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I have a dog named Bark Ruffalo, he's the best

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm boring and name all of mine after mythological or Tolkien things :( I am a huge nerd. I may start expanding into stealing the names from Space Mutiny though.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot
I haven't played in a while and got a hankering for more latex robutt spaceninjas with guns. Re-applied via the form again as Nejura ingame for more goonclaning.

My internet hasn't improved much since last time though. I hate the networking shenanigans.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Wuffington, Doggington, Dog-Dog the Dog

ZiggyXX
Jan 15, 2010

Played this a while back had some fun even bought some in-game poo poo but got old real fast.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Name them after chip brands.

"C'mere Frito Lays! SIC 'EM! Good boooooy!"

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Well the way i reason it is you use terrify to make enemies easy targets, then kill a few and use Desecrate to drop some extra orbs/kill the rest, Then Shadows to have a personal meat shield army. Maybe it would be OP, but it certainly would be way cooler than what Nekros is now.

I have no idea how to fix soul punch except make it not use energy (which would be ridiculous but whatever) + the changes they're already making.
I have a bazillion ways to make Soul Punch better but not overpowered. Start by making it closer to Bone Spear from D2 - maybe even make a cone AoE or something too. Any enemy hit by a Soul Punch is preserved on the kill list for Shadows of the Dead to use (how to CANCEL those enemies is another matter). Enemies killed by Soul Punch either explode or fly backwards like from Boltor and bows. Oh, and increase the goddamn damage, if not, make Soul Punch remove armor directly. This will help Nekros possibly survive against tougher enemies and make it easier for your shadow army to take down.

I played both a necromancer in D2 and warlock in WoW, it's tough to balance a character like this with summons and actual abilities without making them superpowered.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
give me skeletons god damnit

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
Making it so your summons that have effects don't murder the poo poo out of your team with them would help too, I think

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
I would drop 1k plat for a You're pretty good emote :ocelot:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Hey, for anyone who is interested, I just got my 29th 75% off coupon and I'm not planning to use it.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Azran posted:

Hey, for anyone who is interested, I just got my 29th 75% off coupon and I'm not planning to use it.

Having played since CBT, I have never gotten one. What is your secret? How many goats have you sacrificed that I haven't? :negative:

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Azran posted:

If I didn't know you'd get hosed over, I'd say you could advertize that to come pubbie whales and make some money.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Azran posted:

What a coincidence, I've gotten my 29th 20% off coupon in a row where I've explicitly damned you in God's name

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
i made a spacedog a while ago and never bothered to make any more

sometimes it digs up some credits and bullets for me, that's neat

i dunno if that's better or worse than what other dogs do

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

DoombatINC posted:

What a coincidence, I've gotten my 29th 20% off coupon in a row where I've explicitly damned you in God's name
What a coincidence! Same

Jibs Monteef
Dec 13, 2009
Is there much of an Oceanic goon presence in this one? Much as I'm enjoying the game, playing with folks from the clan has so far been like pulling teeth. Most of the time I can't even trade with people. Warframe's netcode is weirdly bad enough without also having to deal with trying to connect to the US from our horrible, remote corner of Australia.

Will the Strict NAT thing they're working on help with P2P connections to the 'states? I'm pretty clueless when it comes to networking... is it just :dealwithit:?

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
Extremely late to Prisma gorgon party, looks like they're going for between 150-300 plat atleast according to WTFtrading. I probably should've atleast put my IGN (Pacena) before since no one really knew if there was anything left or who was selling them at non retarded prices. Also I'm trying to remember who I owe an infested Alad V run to. I think MaleMan, except there was that whole thing with the dyes. :v:

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I can't speak for others but I got no sympathy for you, lazybones. You were there. You should have bought them for 50p from tradechat.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

Jibs Monteef posted:

Is there much of an Oceanic goon presence in this one? Much as I'm enjoying the game, playing with folks from the clan has so far been like pulling teeth. Most of the time I can't even trade with people. Warframe's netcode is weirdly bad enough without also having to deal with trying to connect to the US from our horrible, remote corner of Australia.

Will the Strict NAT thing they're working on help with P2P connections to the 'states? I'm pretty clueless when it comes to networking... is it just :dealwithit:?

I live in the US on the east coast and when I played a few months back I had a horrible time connecting to certain goons and I still have little clue what exactly the problem is hardware/software wise. I opened up everything until I was a sieve, talked to my ISP to see if they were blocking incoming/outgoing ports for some reason and couldn't get anything done about it.

I'm hoping to change modems and hopefully that will do the trick but we will see.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

QQmore posted:

Extremely late to Prisma gorgon party, looks like they're going for between 150-300 plat atleast according to WTFtrading. I probably should've atleast put my IGN (Pacena) before since no one really knew if there was anything left or who was selling them at non retarded prices. Also I'm trying to remember who I owe an infested Alad V run to. I think MaleMan, except there was that whole thing with the dyes. :v:

See 75p was a bargain! Not much point leaving your name around for a prisma unless you're to pay some markup :shrug:.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

Denzine posted:

I can't speak for others but I got no sympathy for you, lazybones. You were there. You should have bought them for 50p from tradechat.

Would've preferred the plat go to a goon rather than pubbies, plus there's the whole "I got a higher offer" scam going on. I'll be willing to pay the low end as the price for my laziness.

QQmore fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jan 29, 2015

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Jibs Monteef posted:

I live on the east coast of the US and have played with an aus host no problem. The only things that suck are switching weapons, which you shouldn't really be doing during a battle anyway, and opening doors which doesn't happen in endless missions.

Their netcode is pretty decent overall for latency to have so little effect on things.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Jibs Monteef posted:

My wife and I live in Southeast Asia so add our IGN: JalakBali and xiaodenden
I mostly play off work hours while she can login any time our kids are not bothering her. We can even host pretty well, unless my nephews and niece show up and watch youtube while downloading Minecraft mods.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
My Kubrow were
Holland Oates
Carrier Prime
Uh Oh Omar Comin

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Mine's named Dave.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

QQmore posted:

:drat: Anyone know what primed heated chamber is going for already?

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I called mine Taco. Then I froze him.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Naturally Selected posted:

The prime mods are tough to trade, thanks to the million credit trade tax.

QQmore posted:

History will absolve me.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

QQmore posted:

300 sounds unlikely, but it's hard to say. I just know that when goons were grabbing them for 40-60p (While the trader was in town) you STILL saw people even then trying to sell them in trade chat for 150p

I bet you could snag one for 150p or less if you were patient. For comparison, I know when I was trying to get the arcane vanguard people were sending PMs and stuff for 300-400 often. I passed on 150, then started to wonder if that was dumb since didn't see any more that low. One guy didn't take my offer but later admitted HE had gotten it for 150 (despite saying how unlikely I'd be to find something like that or cheaper). I think I finally paid ...120 and a r5 fusion or something like that?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Naturally Selected posted:

Seen it low as 35p on tradechat.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
For newer people, I've found this guy's channel really helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcoNzaDkrh2bL0u8YiUuwoQ

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Dahbadu posted:

For newer people, I've found this guy's channel really helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcoNzaDkrh2bL0u8YiUuwoQ

"Doo-cats"? C'mon man, learn to pronounce ducats. Watch a good production of Romeo & Juliet or something.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

So for those of you who scam pubbies with trade chat arbitrage, what are the best things to buy and sell?

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Baby Babbeh posted:

So for those of you who scam pubbies with trade chat arbitrage, what are the best things to buy and sell?

Now that both overextended and heavy caliber have returned to somewhat sane prices and Synoids are getting too saturated to move, I've been grinding out a decent profit buying Jolt for 80--120p and reselling at 200. All in all it's really not that hard to keep glancing at trade chat over the course of a day or so to see the things people keep looking to buy. Then spam WTB followed by a (short, so people actually read it) list of poo poo you're looking to flip.

The important thing is just to keep at it and remember that virtually everyone in trade is looking to get something for nothing. I'm not great at this by any stretch of the imagination, but logging in a couple times a day for a week or two let my turn 100p into 1200p, which solves all my slot and potato needs for the foreseeable future.

Russian Remoulade fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 29, 2015

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Sprecherscrow posted:

"Doo-cats"? C'mon man, learn to pronounce ducats. Watch a good production of Romeo & Juliet or something.

Dukkets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Is zerobarkthirty an option?

Sounds perfect for a stealth dog