Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
They blew up the moon, what the gently caress are you talking about?

They even upgraded burning so that it can pull blow-up-the-moon level attacks AT WILL.

Build strike just punched things super hard and fenice was just a fancy wing gundam piloted well; the power escalation in this compared to the first season is insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Artum posted:

They blew up the moon, what the gently caress are you talking about?

They even upgraded burning so that it can pull blow-up-the-moon level attacks AT WILL.

Build strike just punched things super hard and fenice was just a fancy wing gundam piloted well; the power escalation in this compared to the first season is insane.

There's a huge skill difference. Having the ability to blow up a moon doesn't matter if you can't land a hit.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

everythingWasBees posted:

I thought it had something to do with the fact it hadn't been tuned up or even repaired since Sekai found it. Even at damage level B it's still gonna take a beating.

That would have been a thing if they actually drew attention to it and now one that actually saw the previous Burning at worlds comments on any apparent degradation of performance, they just went "Oh thats a world class suit how awesome"

The burning at most had something hooked to its back before and that thing could be what made it stronger, but in actual performance the show made it clear that it couldn't keep anymore after being fixed and even tuned.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Has it ever been explained why Yuuma dies his hair blue

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Its like how some kids have platinum blonde hair when they're young, except anime.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Artum posted:

Its like how some kids have platinum blonde hair when they're young, except anime.

Nah, we saw young Yuuma and his hair was blue in a flashback.

Yuuma just weird,

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ka0 posted:

His hair is still brown, we just see it blue because :anime:

vvv
She was in a flashback, she looked exactly the same as she did in the OVA.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jan 29, 2015

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Have we actually seen Try China yet? She might have blue hair now.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I see. So it's China who dies her hair brown

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
The blue is from a spray booth accident when he was 8 years old. It also ruined Yuuma's vision.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Are we sure that's even the same kid?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Level Slide posted:

Have we actually seen Try China yet? She might have blue hair now.

She's in the OP.

Pureauthor posted:

Are we sure that's even the same kid?

Unless China has another brother of the same age who nobody ever mentioned...

The real answer is that once you become a protagonist you get a protagonist design. It's a natural part of anime puberty.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

ImpAtom posted:

As opposed to the brother she did mention, what, once or twice in the original show?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

tsob posted:

As opposed to the brother she did mention, what, once or twice in the original show?

... yes? Like, as people showed, he literally showed up onscreen in the original show. v:shobon:v

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
So what's the deal with Lady Meijin's pant leg and why would you ride a motorcycle like that?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Muffinlord posted:

So what's the deal with Lady Meijin's pant leg and why would you ride a motorcycle like that?

She lost her pantsleg in a tragic gunpla accident. That is why she needs a successor who can wear full pants.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

She's in the OP.

The brown haired kid eventually decided that Transformers are cooler than Gundams and Yuuma quietly decided to never acknowledge his existence again.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Muffinlord posted:

Her stupid half-pants wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't also wearing clown shoes. She's otherwise fine but drat those are some awful pants and shoes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Muffinlord posted:

The missing pant let thing seems to be weirdly common in anime and anime-y things. The first time I remember seeing it was, uh, one of the lady characters in Fighting Vipers on the Saturn.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

ImpAtom posted:

... yes? Like, as people showed, he literally showed up onscreen in the original show. v:shobon:v

I know, my point is he barely exists in the original and Yuuma being a different brother isn't really all that large a leap or changing anything super important if taken to be true. So she had another brother that wasn't interested at the time but became interested? Big whoop.

KoB
May 1, 2009

The Muffinlord posted:

Shes trying to be cool like Ryuune but cant because shes not 80s enough.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

The Muffinlord posted:

It's to distract people from noticing that she's secretly Lili from Tekken with Meijin sunglasses. Kinda like how nobody notices that Clark Kent is Superman with glasses and slightly different hair.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

tsob posted:

I know, my point is he barely exists in the original and Yuuma being a different brother isn't really all that large a leap or changing anything super important if taken to be true. So she had another brother that wasn't interested at the time but became interested? Big whoop.

I have to say "China has two brothers of the same age, they just never appear onscreen together and she never mentions one of them" feels a bit more of a stretch than "they redesigned the character when they decided to make him a protagonist."

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

ImpAtom posted:

I have to say "China has two brothers of the same age, they just never appear onscreen together and she never mentions one of them" feels a bit more of a stretch than "they redesigned the character when they decided to make him a protagonist."

Fair enough. I disagree. I don't see that it's beyond plausible that someone can only mention one of their siblings if only one of them is relevant to a given conversation or situation, regardless of whether they have another sibling. So China only mentioning one of them because only one of them cares about Gunpla at the time makes sense to me, regardless of how close in age another sibling might be. Especially given that even that sibling only made mention or appeared a couple of times for a few seconds total in the entire show. If you're going to posit that they retconned his appearance, why find it strange that they may just have retconned her family tree to include a whole new brother? Whether he appeared in the original makes no difference to his character after all.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

tsob posted:

Fair enough. I disagree. I don't see that it's beyond plausible that someone can only mention one of their siblings if only one of them is relevant to a given conversation or situation, regardless of whether they have another sibling. So China only mentioning one of them because only one of them cares about Gunpla at the time makes sense to me, regardless of how close in age another sibling might be. Especially given that even that sibling only made mention or appeared a couple of times for a few seconds total in the entire show. If you're going to posit that they retconned his appearance, why find it strange that they may just have retconned her family tree to include a whole new brother? Whether he appeared in the original makes no difference to his character after all.

Because when they were promoting the character when the show came out they specifically mentioned he had already appeared in the original BF.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Might have actually helped to actually mention that straight off. If they say it's him, then yea, it's him, obviously.

DookieSandwich
Nov 14, 2012
Of course the ninja team lucks out and get a medieval Japan stage.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

DookieSandwich posted:

Of course the ninja team lucks out and get a medieval Japan stage.

To be fair, luck didn't favor Team Free and they got a lot more build up, so it doesn't always go people's way.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Well they got the medieval japan stage and still got their asses kicked, so.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
At least White Wolf actually got to look like a National-tier team for once instead of punching bags.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The two girls with the Lacus/Meer hair decorations in the audience after the Tryon 3 fight were a nice cameo. There were a bunch of others in that crowd shot but they were the ones that jumped out at me.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

At least White Wolf actually got to look like a National-tier team for once instead of punching bags.

I was really quite happy about that. With how they've been chumped so far, I'm really glad to see them get a chance to absolutely wreck poo poo.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Not that everybody didn't already know this but the boxart for the Star Winning confirms that it has a 1/144 transformation.

The V-Fin is hilarious.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

DigitalRaven posted:

I was really quite happy about that. With how they've been chumped so far, I'm really glad to see them get a chance to absolutely wreck poo poo.

I loved how the guy in the custom Zaku II got that brutal kill crushing the enemy with his shields.

Also I'm loving how much this show and Build Fighters are using the new 1/144 Crossbone as an excuse to give us pirate Gundams.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jan 30, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Ka0 posted:

Maybe in anime land, you hair can change from brown to blue as you grow up, so you fit into a gundam team?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Finally got around to watching the episode. Holy poo poo. This is why I started watching this show.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Not that everybody didn't already know this but the boxart for the Star Winning confirms that it has a 1/144 transformation.

The V-Fin is hilarious.

It looks so loving massive when on a regular head and not on an SD.

I hope it doesn't show up in the next episode but I'm expecting it to since there isn't a good place to pop it up unless they subvert a lot of expectations. If it doesn't show up in next episode then we can assume that its being used on the finals or something unexpected is going to happen in either Junya's or Sakai/Lucas match.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It looks so loving massive when on a regular head and not on an SD.

I hope it doesn't show up in the next episode but I'm expecting it to since there isn't a good place to pop it up unless they subvert a lot of expectations. If it doesn't show up in next episode then we can assume that its being used on the finals or something unexpected is going to happen in either Junya's or Sakai/Lucas match.

My guess is that the Star Winning 1/144 Mode will be the reveal when Fumina and Shia finally throw down.

For Fumina to become Lady Kawaguchi II she will have to first learn how to invoke Ham.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gearhead posted:

My guess is that the Star Winning 1/144 Mode will be the reveal when Fumina and Shia finally throw down.

For Fumina to become Lady Kawaguchi II she will have to first learn how to invoke Ham.

Nah, they won't save a gimmick like that for last. She'll get it earlier on so it isn't an Instant Win when she invokes it in the Shia fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Really not digging the new thread title.

• Locked thread