Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!
One of the clever things about this latest episode that I noticed, is that there are a few establishing shots of the crowd each "day". On the third day, after a shot of three women laughing and smiling it switches to a shot of who they are listening to.

Surprise! It's three of the old, bar regulars all cleaned up.

El Diablo Bob O fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jan 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DakkaUT
Sep 27, 2004
Mystery ruined. The waitress revealed her name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK0MqlJz3zI

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
You could have pieced that together yourself.

Hard Clumping
Mar 19, 2008

Y'ALL BREADY
FOR THIS

The Dennis System posted:

I think the worst episode ever was Who Pooped the Bed

You're a monster. Artemis is the best drat thing

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Psycho Pete looks like he's had a few rough years. (Spoilered in case some people don't want to see him until the episode airs.)

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
our cargo is pain

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
My favorite part of the wedding episode is when Charlie crashes Dee's car, gets out, and says "I forgot I don't know how to drive."

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

The Dennis System posted:

I think the worst episode ever was Who Pooped the Bed

I want to like it, but I hate it too.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

My favorite part of the wedding episode is when Charlie crashes Dee's car, gets out, and says "I forgot I don't know how to drive."

I thought it was that he forgot how to drive, not that he didnt know in the first place...

How are they supposed to resurrect psycho pete? Wasn't he in jail for killing and then eating his family? I feel like that's going a little far, even for its always sunny

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

The Fresh Prince posted:

I thought it was that he forgot how to drive, not that he didnt know in the first place...

How are they supposed to resurrect psycho pete? Wasn't he in jail for killing and then eating his family? I feel like that's going a little far, even for its always sunny

He got out of prison using the insanity plea. Which is what I would have done if I was his attorney although, really I specialize in bird law.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

This is gonna be dark.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Rickety Cricket: still has his dignity.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Frank's gonna have a flashback.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Brock Samson posted:

Frank's gonna have a flashback.

A young Frank that isn't just Danny Devito in a wig? I'm not buying it :colbert:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

AH YA UNZIPPED HIM

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

You haven't thought of the smell YOU BITCH!

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

:stare: Maybe Frankie Donkey Brains really did have donkey brains :stare:

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

FadingChord posted:

:stare: Maybe Frankie Donkey Brains really did have donkey brains :stare:

Uh have you seen his certificate??

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

VE HAF TO CATCH DIE FROGGY!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

So... psycho Pete wasn't psycho Pete after all?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

drat, Cricket's straight gruesome nowadays.

Kinda surprised he didn't lose a body part this episode.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The brief exchange between Dennis and Dee about shutting down mental institutions and raising taxes was done perfectly. It's was like watching a debate on Fox News.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Was that last bit a throwaway joke or were those characters from some other show?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Was that last bit a throwaway joke or were those characters from some other show?

That was what Dee and Dennis are going to do in 10-20 years to get rid of Frank.

Exploder
Nov 15, 2005

Just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick

pentyne posted:

That was what Dee and Dennis are going to do in 10-20 years to get rid of Frank.

That's what I thought, but I wasn't entirely sure. I was hoping it was some obscure reference I didn't get or something, because it just didn't land for me. Other than that, between Dennis being psychotic and Frank being... well, psychotic, it was a good episode overall. Frank's flashbacks were great. But so far, I just feel like this season is missing something. It just isn't living up to the greatness that was season 9.

"It's okay Froggy, I'll keep you moist."

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

I'm not sure how to feel about this episode. There were funny moments, but it felt like all the joints were taped together. Then the ending happened.

E: Not even just the weird last seconds. Them realizing they made up the story of him killing his family then in a split second sending him on a train.. idk. I felt like they could've done a lot more with that idea but what do I know.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
You haven't thought of the smell you bitch!

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica

Waltzing Along posted:

He's the real Froggy, it was the doctor who was crazy.

Edit: I mean, who has a giant net in their room.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Its probably a salt/snail thing. Do you know what kind of person makes another person catch them with a giant net!?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Glad we finally have an official diagnosis for Dennis!

You are a nerd
Apr 9, 2003

See?
I thought the Dennis/Dee/Frank B-plot was a little too on-the-nose to be all that funny, but Mac's instant explosion when Cricket equated goblins and demons saved the episode.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

goldblums eyes posted:

E: Not even just the weird last seconds. Them realizing they made up the story of him killing his family then in a split second sending him on a train.. idk. I felt like they could've done a lot more with that idea but what do I know.

Eh, that's pretty much the standard gang way of dealing with problems... if they're not particularly interesting, just get rid of them conscious free. I laughed at the snap take to them just pushing him away.

Enjoyed the ep, for some reason felt like it belonged a few seasons ago compared to the kind of eps we've had the last few years. A fun throwback.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Loved Dennis's rant, Mac's explosion, the glory hole confessional booth and the gruesomeness of Cricket, but I can't say that I really enjoyed that episode in total. Maybe I'll change my mind after a rewatch, but I thought it was kind of weak.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

suboptimal posted:

Loved Dennis's rant, Mac's explosion, the glory hole confessional booth and the gruesomeness of Cricket, but I can't say that I really enjoyed that episode in total. Maybe I'll change my mind after a rewatch, but I thought it was kind of weak.

This is my take. Good parts but as a whole it was kind of meh.

Tom P. Baxter
Apr 26, 2005
How do you know my language!?!?!
I thought this episode was amazing, best of the season so far. It was so dark but of course everything the gang did was completely in line with their character. I'll have to watch again to have more to say about my general impression but it seemed like they really jerked people around with funny parts, awkwardly funny parts, some feel good parts, and a LOT of dark poo poo.

I laughed so hard I couldn't breath for a minute or two when cricket insisted on getting $6 if he ends up getting penetrated. The line was pretty good but his delivery was great.

I felt like the end was a kind of social commentary on how people just toss those who are hard to deal with to the gutter, even when it's a parent as it looked like. Then again I try to read to much into things a lot.

Tom P. Baxter fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jan 29, 2015

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Tom P. Baxter posted:

I thought this episode was amazing, best of the season so far. It was so dark but of course everything the gang did was completely in line with their character. I'll have to watch again to have more to say about my general impression but it seemed like they really jerked people around with funny parts, awkwardly funny parts, some feel good parts, and a LOT of dark poo poo.

I laughed so hard I couldn't breath for a minute or two when cricket insisted on getting $6 if he ends up getting penetrated. The line was pretty good but his delivery was great.

I felt like the end was a kind of social commentary on how people just toss those who are hard to deal with to the gutter, even when it's a parent as it looked like. Then again I try to read to much into things a lot.

I thought he wanted a six pack of beer, not $6.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Burning_Monk posted:

I thought he wanted a six pack of beer, not $6.

Correct, a sixer of beer

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

suboptimal posted:

For me the best part was the quick mention by Mac of his urges and compulsions that he has to go talk to a priest and get them out and then he's fine.

Mac is gay.

Tom P. Baxter
Apr 26, 2005
How do you know my language!?!?!

LobsterMobster posted:

Correct, a sixer of beer

Oh... still funny and about the same price anyway. I thought $6 seemed an oddly specific number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Holy gently caress Cricket is messed up. :(

THE SMELL BITCH!

Super Aggro Crag fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jan 29, 2015