Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

I mean just in general. I've seen the empty shelves other places, but Walmart looks like normal.

The action figure aisles at my local Targets and Wal-marts are pretty barren. Target condensed a lot to make it look better but the WMs are just empty pegs everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Ah, did not know there was a strike going on. Haven't been paying much attention to the news but you think something like that would get mentioned a bit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

The action figure aisles at my local Targets and Wal-marts are pretty barren. Target condensed a lot to make it look better but the WMs are just empty pegs everywhere.

It's probably because all the Walmarts here don't actually have action figure aisles.

It's like 1/4 of one.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rhyno posted:

Sounds like my Walmarts and targets.

Well I mean my stores have some stuff, just nothing I care about. If you want TMNT, How To Train Your Dragon, or WWE stuff, that poo poo is overflowing. Marvel, Star Wars, or Transformers? Empty pegs.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I think there's a reset of shelves going out soon, at least in my Midwestern region.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fishylungs posted:

I think there's a reset of shelves going out soon, at least in my Midwestern region.

They've reset here, there's just nothing to fill them with.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

This is awesome. I hope they go against the norm and do this in color

When does this come out?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PaganGoatPants posted:

When does this come out?

September.

Edit: Decided to bust some boxes open, built this MFer

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 26, 2015

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I got Figma Samus Aran for my birthday, and the balljoint on her right arm doesn't seem to want to pop into place no matter how hard I push it in. I even tried putting some dish soap on it to make it slide into place. It will barely hold in place being sunk around 51% into its socket, while the left arm is 100% in. Has anyone else had similar issues, and what can be done? Do I have to drill?

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Soak the socket in hot, not boiling water. That should let it stretch. You may have been making the fit worse by folding the edge inward as you pushed, effectively making the hole even smaller.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
So I went to the Target here in Springfield, Oregon to check for a Thomas train my daughter wants (speaking of, I'll buy any engines any of you have if you don't want them) and I was surprised to see the whole set of the Marvel Legends Avengers wave sitting on the shelf, every figure accounted for. I grabbed Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch since those were the only two I wanted. I don't want or need the BAF pieces for Odin if anybody's interested in them. SW comes with Odin's head, spear and cape and Hawkeye comes with his main body.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Louisgod posted:

So I went to the Target here in Springfield, Oregon to check for a Thomas train my daughter wants (speaking of, I'll buy any engines any of you have if you don't want them) and I was surprised to see the whole set of the Marvel Legends Avengers wave sitting on the shelf, every figure accounted for. I grabbed Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch since those were the only two I wanted. I don't want or need the BAF pieces for Odin if anybody's interested in them. SW comes with Odin's head, spear and cape and Hawkeye comes with his main body.

What are you looking to get for the body piece?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Hoping they hit Washington then soon!

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

:swoon: How's the Scarlet Witch figure look in person? That's the one I'm most interested in, honestly. Haven't seen hide nor hair of any shipments here as of this weekend, but maybe soon ...!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hit up your local Meijer's, they have 50% off clearance. I scored the ML Winter Soldier series Red Skull for $7.49. For some reason nobody has started marking down the Spider-man series yet.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

A Tin Of Beans posted:

:swoon: How's the Scarlet Witch figure look in person? That's the one I'm most interested in, honestly. Haven't seen hide nor hair of any shipments here as of this weekend, but maybe soon ...!

Excellent, clean paint and fantastic face sculpt. The hex are a pain to get on but Hasbro has made nothing but great female figures.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is there any real reason for me to save my ML boxes? I don't anticipate selling anything any time soon but for some reason I've bee clinging to all my packaging.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Toss them, they aren't even reusable.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Louisgod posted:

Excellent, clean paint and fantastic face sculpt. The hex are a pain to get on but Hasbro has made nothing but great female figures.

This only makes me angrier that Valkyrie is supposedly Walgreens-only.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Red posted:

Oh is that confirmed? I know the Walgreens buyer tweeted some stuff but I haven't seen any actual confirmation yet.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Red posted:

Agent Venom proved that won't be a problem in the slightest as long as you don't spaz out and buy one for $75 the first week they're in stores.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Well she's also showing up in the Barnes and Noble computers as well so who the hell knows where all these Legends will be this year.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
We finally have a release date for this rad Play Arts Predator

June.

And we also have price

120 bucks

Ouch.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

therealjon_ posted:

Toss them, they aren't even reusable.

The new packaging is totally reusable though?

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

June.

And we also have price

120 bucks

Ouch.

drat. Well I was gonna get it, but not for $120 + shipping.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

The new packaging is totally reusable though?

Haha I totally forgot they kind of are.

Toss them anyway.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

June.

And we also have price

120 bucks

Ouch.

Those things started at 50 bucks and they've been going up by ten dollar increments at an increasing pace.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That's a close price to how much the original HT Predator was.

:negative:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Rhyno posted:

Hit up your local Meijer's, they have 50% off clearance. I scored the ML Winter Soldier series Red Skull for $7.49. For some reason nobody has started marking down the Spider-man series yet.

Bah the one by my house still has them at $15.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

New HT Cap from Avengers 2. Looks pretty cool. Kinda not digging the costume though, it's just... busy.

Still, since it's a mix of the stealth suit and the cap suit from the first movie, it's still pretty badass.

Apparently he will also have magnetic hands and a metal shield!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

New HT Cap from Avengers 2. Looks pretty cool. Kinda not digging the costume though, it's just... busy.

Whedon is terrible at costumes.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

boom boom boom posted:

Those things started at 50 bucks and they've been going up by ten dollar increments at an increasing pace.

I'm just gonna ask: why are some posts greyed out like this?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Duke Igthorn posted:

I'm just gonna ask: why are some posts greyed out like this?

forums cancer from SAclopedia -

"People who post in the forums in the Retarded Forum for Assholes (Laissez's Faire, Your Console Sucks, and BYOB) are now infected with forums cancer. Symptoms of forums cancer include:

-A disturbing avatar that informs the user that they are infected
-Light text that darkens when you put the cursor over the post
-Redirection to a Ponyta flash video if you try and post outside of RFA

Someone infected with forums cancer can buy chemo for $6.95. This does not give immunity from future infections; the only way to stay cancer-free is to post outside of RFA."

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Red posted:

Speaking of Valkyrie, I watched a bunch of video reviews of the new Marvel Universe 3.75"-scale Valkyrie and decided it was a cool looking figure and the risk of getting a dud with goofy paint apps was pretty low (all the ones in the photos/reviews I saw online looked fine), so I ordered one from hasbrotoyshop.com

And of course the one they sent me had seriously bad lazy/crossed eyes. Of course. :doh:

Edit-- when is ML Valkyrie supposed to hit Walgreens? My local Walgreens are overflowing with Agent Venoms so I'm not particularly worried about not being able to find one.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Speaking of Valkyrie, I watched a bunch of video reviews of the new Marvel Universe 3.75"-scale Valkyrie and decided it was a cool looking figure and the risk of getting a dud with goofy paint apps was pretty low (all the ones in the photos/reviews I saw online looked fine), so I ordered one from hasbrotoyshop.com

And of course the one they sent me had seriously bad lazy/crossed eyes. Of course. :doh:

Edit-- when is ML Valkyrie supposed to hit Walgreens? My local Walgreens are overflowing with Agent Venoms so I'm not particularly worried about not being able to find one.

Shes still a rumor at this point, nobody has confirmation that Walgreens is getting that wave

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

The Rage posted:

Shes still a rumor at this point, nobody has confirmation that Walgreens is getting that wave

I was reading somewhere yesterday that the upc codes for that wave showed up on Barnes & Noble's website and the speculation was that they'd gotten the exclusive.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Xenomrph posted:

Those little guys really aren't bad. I'd like to get the Ares, and my local Target has had a Grim Reaper sitting on a peg for months. Hmm.

The Rage posted:

Maybe I read that rumor somewhere and took it as fact for some reason. I'm fine with it, I just don't live conveniently close to one. I do work near one, but it's an odd city Walgreens store that carries zero toys.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Apparently he will also have magnetic hands and a metal shield!

This is awesome to hear. I had those on my Amazing Spider-Man 2 and it's so much better than fiddling with hands and ripping them off. I know I almost hosed up my Joker 89 when changing hands and some of the cloth got hosed. There is some gaps that im sure might be more visible with skin but from a distance it'll be fine.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Hot Toy's Thanos is up for pre-order. It's....not cheap.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...aign=012915news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

RevKrule posted:

Hot Toy's Thanos is up for pre-order. It's....not cheap.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...aign=012915news

I was plotting some way to get my hands on this, but then I realized there's no gauntlet hand. I'll wait for the (hopefully) inevitable gauntlet-wielding Thanos. Hopefully he'll come with a delightfully evil grinning face as well.