Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Death Vomit Wizard
May 8, 2006
Bottom Feeder

Death Vomit Wizard fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jan 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Vomit Wizard
May 8, 2006
Bottom Feeder

Death Vomit Wizard posted:

Sonarr question: I'm sure I'm just being blind, but how do you set a series to unmonitorer when adding it from your library?

Diviance posted:

Unless I miss my guess, setting the Starting Season to None should do that.

I think it is doing it in practice, because all the shows I selected "Season: none" for are labeled as "All episodes downloaded". There's just a "27 Monitored 0 Unmonitored" at the bottom of the page that threw me off.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Are you looking for a way to do it in batch? The icon that looks like a bookmark in the show view screen in the top left toggles between watched and not. Don't know if you can change it on import though.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.

Death Vomit Wizard posted:

I think it is doing it in practice, because all the shows I selected "Season: none" for are labeled as "All episodes downloaded". There's just a "27 Monitored 0 Unmonitored" at the bottom of the page that threw me off.

Yeah, I tested it just now. All of the existing seasons aren't monitored when you do that, but I guess it retains monitoring the show itself in case new series are made?

That is what it looks like.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
I'm pretty much on the verge of cancelling my cable service but there are a couple of shows that I just can't seem to track down through the various options (usenet, kodi addons, etc.).

The two I would miss the most are Jeopardy and Kimmel Live. I'm not exactly sure how to get a hold of this on a consistent basis without a cable box. I should note that I have no clean way of using an HD antenna or I would totally do that. Coax cables and poo poo would be all over the place.

UndyingShadow
May 15, 2006
You're looking ESPECIALLY shadowy this evening, Sir

visuvius posted:

I'm pretty much on the verge of cancelling my cable service but there are a couple of shows that I just can't seem to track down through the various options (usenet, kodi addons, etc.).

The two I would miss the most are Jeopardy and Kimmel Live. I'm not exactly sure how to get a hold of this on a consistent basis without a cable box. I should note that I have no clean way of using an HD antenna or I would totally do that. Coax cables and poo poo would be all over the place.

What do you mean "no clean way?"

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

UndyingShadow posted:

HD is hilariously line of sight, and depending on things, you might be unable to route the cable in a way that isn't ugly as gently caress.

UndyingShadow
May 15, 2006
You're looking ESPECIALLY shadowy this evening, Sir

UndyingShadow posted:

Get a hdhomerun dual and you can put the tuner near the antenna anywhere you've got a network connection. Then use Media Center.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
After some time and more troubleshooting, I believe I've pinned down my troubles with Sonarr to Bitdefender Free Edition antivirus for Windows.

On a hunch, I uninstalled it and have not had issues with Sonarr since then. My hunch is that Bitdefender was aggressively locking and scanning files that SabNBZd had finished downloading at around the same time that Sonarr was attempting to rename and move the files.

The question is - does anyone else run Sonarr and Bitdefender together, problem-free?

porksmash
Sep 30, 2008
Can you ignore the SabNZBd download folder with Bitdefender and just scan the folders where items are moved to?

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

bobfather posted:

After some time and more troubleshooting, I believe I've pinned down my troubles with Sonarr to Bitdefender Free Edition antivirus for Windows.

On a hunch, I uninstalled it and have not had issues with Sonarr since then. My hunch is that Bitdefender was aggressively locking and scanning files that SabNBZd had finished downloading at around the same time that Sonarr was attempting to rename and move the files.

The question is - does anyone else run Sonarr and Bitdefender together, problem-free?

I'm running those together, and haven't had any issues.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Anyone had an issue with Sonarr not bringing in the listings for Specials? I've not noticed a problem until adding some old Brit shows, and two have come in with only the season lists. Xmas specials take up 2/3rd of the episodes for some shows here, argh!

Weirdly, 2 other Brit shows added in with their specials listed as normal. Have tried refreshing.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

Anyone had an issue with Sonarr not bringing in the listings for Specials? I've not noticed a problem until adding some old Brit shows, and two have come in with only the season lists. Xmas specials take up 2/3rd of the episodes for some shows here, argh!

Weirdly, 2 other Brit shows added in with their specials listed as normal. Have tried refreshing.

I haven't. Give me a show to test it with.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

One that didn't pull through for me was Absolutely Fabulous. Cheers.

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

One that didn't pull through for me was Absolutely Fabulous. Cheers.

You are quite right, no specials. How weird.

I would say talking to markus101 or something on their IRC or posting about it on their forums or trello. Give them a list of all the ones you have that are doing it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Good shout, thanks for checking for me.

12 element
Jan 24, 2005
Too rare to die.
Anyone using the torrent side of Sonarr with much success? I haven't used torrents very much for the last few years so have no logins for any sites.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
It sure would be nice if the dognzb api would be fixed so I could actually search for things in NZB360. It's been broken for what feels like months now.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Vykk.Draygo posted:

It sure would be nice if the dognzb api would be fixed so I could actually search for things in NZB360. It's been broken for what feels like months now.

It's been working fine for me in Sonarr. What are your settings for it?

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It's been working fine for me in Sonarr. What are your settings for it?

It is a known problem with their API right now. It goes in and out. They say it is a load issue and are adding in a new API server.

Diviance fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 11, 2015

Tanbo
Nov 19, 2013

Diviance posted:

It is a known problem with their API right now. It goes in and out. They say it is a load issue and are adding in a new API server.

Thanks for mentioning that, I saw that in my logs and was looking just yesterday on their website to see what the issue was.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Remove and re-add it to nzB360

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

kri kri posted:

Remove and re-add it to nzB360

Seems to have worked. Thanks.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Are there any good block usenet providers that are better than astraweb without costing more? My 1TB block is almost used up with astraweb, and I don't know if I should buy another 1TB for $50 or consider switching to a new provider if one is worthwhile.

Not interested in monthly accounts, that 1TB block lasted me nearly 2 years. I don't use usenet too heavily.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

Meta Ridley posted:

Are there any good block usenet providers that are better than astraweb without costing more? My 1TB block is almost used up with astraweb, and I don't know if I should buy another 1TB for $50 or consider switching to a new provider if one is worthwhile.

Not interested in monthly accounts, that 1TB block lasted me nearly 2 years. I don't use usenet too heavily.

Tweak news is amazing but not sure on the price compared to astraweb. I use them as one of my fill.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Has Sonarr dropped XEM now it's moved from Trakt to TVDB? A show that has had numbering issues for years returned yesterday, but Sonarr is refusing to believe it's out there even though it is. Always wary of doing these things by hand and renumbering myself in case I've got it wrong and it overwrites an existing episode (which will happen if XEM is still working and I presume it isn't, etc).

e: I guess so, I had to renumber it from s11 to s12, dropped it in the scanning folder and Sonarr put it in the right place. That's annoying, the XEM stuff was really useful.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Feb 24, 2015

JoeMB
Aug 13, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

Has Sonarr dropped XEM now it's moved from Trakt to TVDB? A show that has had numbering issues for years returned yesterday, but Sonarr is refusing to believe it's out there even though it is. Always wary of doing these things by hand and renumbering myself in case I've got it wrong and it overwrites an existing episode (which will happen if XEM is still working and I presume it isn't, etc).

e: I guess so, I had to renumber it from s11 to s12, dropped it in the scanning folder and Sonarr put it in the right place. That's annoying, the XEM stuff was really useful.

XEM is still there. Are you sure it's mapped correctly on there? If it is mapped on XEM I would start a thread on Sonarr forums.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yep you're bang on. I forget that someone has to maintain those maps and the person who does it for that show probably forgot/didn't realise the season was restarting. Hopefully someone will add a bunch in so it works going forward. That's good news at least.

I wish Sonarr could give you a preview of what the file needs to be called in order for it to be picked up, I still need to put some suggestions on their site so I'll probably include that too.

JoeMB
Aug 13, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yep you're bang on. I forget that someone has to maintain those maps and the person who does it for that show probably forgot/didn't realise the season was restarting. Hopefully someone will add a bunch in so it works going forward. That's good news at least.

I wish Sonarr could give you a preview of what the file needs to be called in order for it to be picked up, I still need to put some suggestions on their site so I'll probably include that too.

If the show isn't pending changes on XEM you should be able to edit the mappings yourself. However if it is pending changes then it's best to get on the XEM IRC channel and politely say something about it. Hopefully one of the few people who can approve changes is in the channel.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Reminder that it is a good idea to unmonitor old shows in Sonarr when a remake of said show comes out to minimize the real and present danger of it getting confused and overwriting your copy of the old show

grumble grumble

PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!
Yea, unless I'm trying to upgrade an old show, I either unmonitor it or remove it altogether. If it's not airing and has all the episodes/metadata, there's no reason to have it in Sonarr/SB.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ouch, that must've been some bad tagging as usually any remakes/localisations get a country or year code in the folder to distinguish them from the other versions. Hasn't happened to me before luckily, but I can imagine that being a pain. It's annoying to lose stuff that was hard to get... they should have a quarantine system in place for files that are overwritten due to procedure, as it's not always for the best.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
They should be using numerical IDs for shows so this doesn't happen. Use IMDB's IDs or something! That's how Calibre deals with the vast number of identically named books - internally it uses an eight(?) digit hash to identify your book.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Proper scene NFOs are actually formatted so the site scripts can pick out information from them, such as IMDb numbers. So in a way that system already exists, but I'll bet a ton of releases don't know about the standards and aren't laid out correctly.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

They should be using numerical IDs for shows so this doesn't happen. Use IMDB's IDs or something! That's how Calibre deals with the vast number of identically named books - internally it uses an eight(?) digit hash to identify your book.

This doesn't help. The issue is when shows are posted with the "wrong" name.

Like EL BROMANCE says, scene NFO's do have imdb id's, but not everyone does it.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Yeah, the problem in this case is that the release didn't have (US) or the year, I guess, so it was presumed to be the UK original.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
Anyone running nzbget&nzbdrone on a NAS? Looking to get one that can run them both and feed .mkvs to a Raspberry Pi running OpenElec without dropping frames... Need some suggestions if anyone has a similar setup

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Anyone running nzbget&nzbdrone on a NAS? Looking to get one that can run them both and feed .mkvs to a Raspberry Pi running OpenElec without dropping frames... Need some suggestions if anyone has a similar setup

I have an HP N54L running XPEnology (with NZBGet, Sonarr, RUTorrent, Couchpotato) feeding my media PC running XBMC Kodi. It's sweet. Also runs Plex Server for watching stuff remotely.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Sub Rosa posted:

I have an HP N54L running XPEnology (with NZBGet, Sonarr, RUTorrent, Couchpotato) feeding my media PC running XBMC Kodi. It's sweet. Also runs Plex Server for watching stuff remotely.

I was looking more at something like a Synology 414j, Asustor 204TE or QNAP TS-431. Hadn't considered something like a microserver.

I need it to be small and quiet enough that I can't hear it when its under my bed if I can't manage to hide it away somewhere. Trying to keep costs down as much as possible too because I don't have any mechanical drives either

Worst case it has to serve maybe 3 Raspberry Pi at the same time, or a couple of Pi's and an Xbox One or smart TV

uhhhhahhhhohahhh fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Mar 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dzarc
Jul 3, 2004

Stupid Newbie
Is astraweb down for anyone else?