Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

bench this garbage team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

God dammit EL.

Slash_Prower
Sep 1, 2012
I don't know why every time pros play Rek'sai it goes so wrong. Have they just not had enough time to get used to her?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i hate this team

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Why is it that Froggen always gets caught alone? Always.

Slash_Prower
Sep 1, 2012
I have to say, I'm loving the Copenhagen strategy of wandering around while EL takes their turrets.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Marin Karin posted:

banning LeBlanc over the 100% winrate Rek'Sai. :smugjones:

Rek'Sai doesn't have a 100% winrate thanks to c9 :haw:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
This is the saddest jarvan game I have seen in a long time. Nobody ever stays in his cage.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

EU is weaker than last season, pretty amusing.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
YoungBuck looks like a promising contender for the European scene's Westrice award this split.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

They lost to TSM so ?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

XyrlocShammypants posted:

EU is weaker than last season, pretty amusing.
SK looks a whole lot stronger than any EU team has ever been, and FNatic looks more aggressive than any EU team has been.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
This is the DFG's siren song

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Savage Cracker posted:

They lost to TSM so ?

They lost to gravity with Meteos playing reksai. TSM won with Hot Guy Six Pack showing his true potential on the underpowered champion Reksai

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Jerkface posted:

They lost to gravity with Meteos playing reksai. TSM won with Hot Guy Six Pack showing his true potential on the underpowered champion Reksai

Oh drat I forgot that. C10 hype.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Savage Cracker posted:

Maybe Riot should stop giving all champions 6 or 8 abilites, no resource cost and knockups.

:agreed:

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Ihki posted:

YoungBuck looks like a promising contender for the European scene's Westrice award this split.

Does he currently have the Westrice award, or did someone else play worse last split?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Does he currently have the Westrice award, or did someone else play worse last split?

Like three or four different people did. But I thought we were still calling it the Evaniskus Award for worst player in the league?

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
I really hope it's just that Elements needs some time to warm up, otherwise it's going to be a loooooooong split.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
All of my predictions would have been dead-on, down to the reason why they were winning except Giants didn't ban Rek'Sai :argh:

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Flipswitch posted:

That line was even in our very own SA thread believe it or not!

Although it does kind of blow my mind that Riot have stated they've struggled to balance resourceless champions and transforming champions in the past so they release two back to back with Gnar & Rek'Sai. That's counting tunneling as a transformation as it sort of is.

Gnar was actually the solution and I think it works fine; the problem with transforming champs is that it let them do a seven skill rotation every trade and they can always get whatever they need. Gnar being unable to control his transformation means he can't always have the tools he wants (you can't harass with with little forever, you can't bring the CC of big forever) and has to play around that.

Rek'sai though, I have no idea. I guess pre-3 she doesn't really have half her kit so that's a handicap but past that...

Kaidyn
May 22, 2009

What is there left to discover about donuts...?

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Gnar was actually the solution and I think it works fine; the problem with transforming champs is that it let them do a seven skill rotation every trade and they can always get whatever they need. Gnar being unable to control his transformation means he can't always have the tools he wants (you can't harass with with little forever, you can't bring the CC of big forever) and has to play around that.

Rek'sai though, I have no idea. I guess pre-3 she doesn't really have half her kit so that's a handicap but past that...

But watching players that actually know how to play Gnar, like in the LPL, they can get MegaGnar almost every 2 minutes and are probably in Mega for as long as they are in normal Gnar? So what's the downside? Players actually good with him have Mega for every single team fight, I'm failing to see the balance.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Kaidyn posted:

But watching players that actually know how to play Gnar, like in the LPL, they can get MegaGnar almost every 2 minutes and are probably in Mega for as long as they are in normal Gnar? So what's the downside? Players actually good with him have Mega for every single team fight, I'm failing to see the balance.

Because it means they can't do big Gnar Q, big Gnar jump, stun you, ult you, and then switch to little to boomerang you, proc W, and bounce away. Being in big Gnar all the time isn't a transforming champion, it's a champion with one form that's powerful. That'd be like saying Riven players always have ult up for teamfights.

E: Compare it to Jayce doing gate + shock blast + hyper charge, and then immediately transforming and using to the skies, static field, and knocking you away. That's the balance problem of transforming champions they don't like.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Every manaless champion is either on the top of pick lists or nerfed into oblivion. There is not one that hasn't been a prime pick at one point.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

Meteos just needs more time to find some 'funny' names for her skills.

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Invalid Validation posted:

Every manaless champion is either on the top of pick lists or nerfed into oblivion. There is not one that hasn't been a prime pick at one point.

Garen and Tryndamere are both stretching pretty hard.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

wodin posted:

Garen and Tryndamere are both stretching pretty hard.

tryndamere was hella broken for like 2 patches because of split pushing as ap lol

garens too binary to be good. hes kinda riveny except never powerful and also more binary.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Garen would have to have absurdly broken numbers to be overpowered in competitive because he's a fight mans who only gets on his target by running really fast and pro teams favor high CC and are usually coordinated enough to just swat him away.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
It would be really funny to see Garen try to lane against a Lissandra.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Doublelift used to play a mean Garen back in season 1

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

LOU BEGAS MUSTACHE posted:

tryndamere was hella broken for like 2 patches because of split pushing as ap lol

garens too binary to be good. hes kinda riveny except never powerful and also more binary.

Yeah but the only competitive play that was out there at the time was Challenger series so it doesn't count.

LPL is on and the most recent match looks fun. OMG vs. Snake, Liss/Rengar/Cass/Sivir/Thresh vs. Jarvan/Nunu/Xerath/Trist (old)/Janna.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
What the gently caress is going on with a 45 minute game where neither team has taken more than 4 turrets

EDIT: And then that happened

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Why would they ruin this announce team with Ocelote? :psyduck:

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Baron is the best.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

Why would they ruin this announce team with Ocelote? :psyduck:

Wait, what did I miss?

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Freaksaus posted:

Wait, what did I miss?

He's casting (or at least on the analysts desk, I haven't been watching) at IEM Taipei

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Hooray, CJ are back to their winning ways and Space actually got a win on Kalista!

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Hooray, CJ are back to their winning ways and Space actually got a win on Kalista!

Kind of feel sorry for Samsung because they had a fantastic early game.

This GE Tigers/KT Rolster game is pretty amusing so far.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Kuro being such a shitlord on blue Ez this game and it's painful and beautiful in equal measures :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.
GE Tigers are just ridiculous. If they have any strats beyond what they've shown they may just be unstoppable.

• Locked thread