Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I just spent the new year's hiking in snow with the 150-600 on a d5100. I dumped it into an old crumpler 'very busy man' and got on OK with it. It was a tight-ish fit but easy enough to remove quickly, and hanging it by the lens tripod mount off the strap of the bag made for a useful quickdraw when not traversing slopes. I'd be inclined to use a backpack if I had one in future though, because that kind of bag is hardly ideal for hiking with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Do any of you have experience with the Urban Reporter from Lowepro?

http://store.lowepro.com/urban-reporter-250

It looks perfect for running around campus with my camera, laptop, and maybe a book or two.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
That actually looks pretty good. I have a much more expensive ONA messenger bag and the one thing I'd want to warn you on is that things can get really heavy for one shoulder, especially if you're carrying a DSLR+lenses and a laptop.

I mostly just use my bag when I'm carrying a mirrorless camera + other day to day stuff. Everytime I want to bring my DSLR + lenses somewhere I've just opted for a backpack-style camera bag instead.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

What would you guys recommend for a 13" rMBP and a Fuji XE-1 with 35mm attached? Looking to ditch my giant swiss-gear backpack now that I have to dress up like a grown up for work, and all the messenger style bags for macbooks look like they have a weird erection when I put my camera in there too.

edit: Oh actually that Urban Explorer looks like it might do the trick. Gotta check it out offline.

Thorpe
Feb 14, 2007

RELEASE THE KITTIES

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Do any of you have experience with the Urban Reporter from Lowepro?

http://store.lowepro.com/urban-reporter-250

It looks perfect for running around campus with my camera, laptop, and maybe a book or two.

I just got this bag in the mail on Tuesday. I can fit my Pentax k5-iis with an attached 18-135 with lens hood, a sigma 70-300 with attached hood, 2 primes and a teleconverter. It's a bit bulky but seems reasonably well protected. It has snaps instead of Velcro. The shoulder strap is padded and it doesn't feel like it'll be too bad of a burden.

On the cons, the side pockets aren't well protected against the elements. With anything in it it bulks out and the top doesn't fully cover it so rain and suff could get in there.

Overall, at its price point I find it well constructed and I am happy with the purchase.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Thorpe posted:

I just got this bag in the mail on Tuesday. I can fit my Pentax k5-iis with an attached 18-135 with lens hood, a sigma 70-300 with attached hood, 2 primes and a teleconverter. It's a bit bulky but seems reasonably well protected. It has snaps instead of Velcro. The shoulder strap is padded and it doesn't feel like it'll be too bad of a burden.

On the cons, the side pockets aren't well protected against the elements. With anything in it it bulks out and the top doesn't fully cover it so rain and suff could get in there.

Overall, at its price point I find it well constructed and I am happy with the purchase.

Thanks for the review!

Is the strap long enough to go across the body? If not how hard would it be to just buy a new strap and throw it on?

Thorpe
Feb 14, 2007

RELEASE THE KITTIES

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Thanks for the review!

Is the strap long enough to go across the body? If not how hard would it be to just buy a new strap and throw it on?

I'm a 6'1" 220 pound dude and its long enough at full length to sit at my waist/hip level when slung across my body. It doesn't really look possible to change out the strap unless you want to cut it and get fancy with a sewing machine.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
I'm looking for a bag to take while doing the tourist thing (one small DSLR and two small lenses). Are sling bags as convenient in practice as they seem to be in theory? I'm particularly looking at Lowepro's passport sling (is there a difference between the II and III?) and the transit sling. I'm torn between a sling or a small backpack like this. My initial thought was a backpack that could fit my laptop, and use it instead of my current backpack, but getting one that would fit my camera stuff AND the non-camera stuff would be too big for when I just need the photo stuff.

(The Lowepro bias is solely because that's been what's around me to try in-person)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I had the Transit Sling for a while. It's nice being able to get to the camera quickly, but if you load it too heavy, it can get tiring just sitting on one shoulder all day.

Danoss
Mar 8, 2011

dupersaurus posted:

I'm looking for a bag to take while doing the tourist thing (one small DSLR and two small lenses). Are sling bags as convenient in practice as they seem to be in theory? I'm particularly looking at Lowepro's passport sling (is there a difference between the II and III?) and the transit sling. I'm torn between a sling or a small backpack like this. My initial thought was a backpack that could fit my laptop, and use it instead of my current backpack, but getting one that would fit my camera stuff AND the non-camera stuff would be too big for when I just need the photo stuff.

(The Lowepro bias is solely because that's been what's around me to try in-person)

I recently ordered the F-Stop Brooklyn Sling, which is available as a product preview version here. It arrived in the post this morning, so I haven't had the opportunity to actually use it. I have looked it over, tested the fit and tried the different features.

Their attention to detail is impressive and it's a shame the site doesn't show these off, but it is a product preview so I can only assume they're looking for feedback. There were previous iterations of this bag and others in the same line, so at least there is some info to be gleaned from what reviews and images are still floating around. It seems (from what I can gather) the improvements they've made, while small, make it a worthwhile revision. .

Since there's not a lot of info out there on this particular pack, I thought I'd take a few quick images and share them here. Perhaps they'll be of use to you or someone else. A 1min promo video showing the previous version can be found here, which may better demonstrate some things that the below images don't

It's plainish looking, without being ugly (though it's available in blue if this one isn't your cup of tea), so it works as a regular pack and a stealth camera pack, which seems to be the direction a lot of this type of kit has taken. Note the looped strap at the bottom right. I was puzzled by its presence until I put the pack on. It gives you something to pull on and sling the pack around—something I haven't seen on other sling bags.

The outer facing pocket can hold enough of the smaller items. Wallet here for reference, though this definitely wasn't the best way to show it.

Side zipper pocket, on the outside of the access to the bags contents. Nexus 5 for reference.

Inner facing zipper pocket, designed for up to 10" tablets. Nexus 7 for reference.

Strap zipper pocket with a little space behind it for whatever. State transit card (same size as a credit card) for reference.

At the bottom of the main strap adjuster, you'll see there's a larger surface area to hit for quick adjustments. It's easy to loosen the strap if you want to sling the pack around to access it without it being high up on your chest, and then retighten it once it's on your back again. This won't happen unless you want it to, of course.

Off the main strap, there is an additional strap to prevent unwanted movement. This strap is removable and can be reoriented with the fastener in the reverse position. Great for cycling.

Lastly, the inside of the pack with things I had at hand. From left to right theres a 600mL water bottle, X-T1 and 18mm lens with hood attached, Instax printer with extra film pack, and it's a bit dark but I threw an S95 with a pouch in the last spot. What this doesn't show is that there is room to spare on top of and beside these items (they're not packed tightly), and there should be as it was designed to accommodate a DSLR and two lenses. The whole padded insert can be removed so it can be a regular bag too.

You won't be carrying a bunch of stuff in this bag, but it seems ideal for travelling relatively light. If you're carrying more than this bag is capable of, a backpack would be a better choice to get the weight off one shoulder and onto two (or onto your hips with the better designed backpacks, which won't strain your back).

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

Danoss posted:

I recently ordered the F-Stop Brooklyn Sling, which is available as a product preview version here. It arrived in the post this morning, so I haven't had the opportunity to actually use it. I have looked it over, tested the fit and tried the different features.

Their attention to detail is impressive and it's a shame the site doesn't show these off, but it is a product preview so I can only assume they're looking for feedback. There were previous iterations of this bag and others in the same line, so at least there is some info to be gleaned from what reviews and images are still floating around. It seems (from what I can gather) the improvements they've made, while small, make it a worthwhile revision. .

Since there's not a lot of info out there on this particular pack, I thought I'd take a few quick images and share them here. Perhaps they'll be of use to you or someone else. A 1min promo video showing the previous version can be found here, which may better demonstrate some things that the below images don't

It's plainish looking, without being ugly (though it's available in blue if this one isn't your cup of tea), so it works as a regular pack and a stealth camera pack, which seems to be the direction a lot of this type of kit has taken. Note the looped strap at the bottom right. I was puzzled by its presence until I put the pack on. It gives you something to pull on and sling the pack around—something I haven't seen on other sling bags.

The outer facing pocket can hold enough of the smaller items. Wallet here for reference, though this definitely wasn't the best way to show it.

Side zipper pocket, on the outside of the access to the bags contents. Nexus 5 for reference.

Inner facing zipper pocket, designed for up to 10" tablets. Nexus 7 for reference.

Strap zipper pocket with a little space behind it for whatever. State transit card (same size as a credit card) for reference.

At the bottom of the main strap adjuster, you'll see there's a larger surface area to hit for quick adjustments. It's easy to loosen the strap if you want to sling the pack around to access it without it being high up on your chest, and then retighten it once it's on your back again. This won't happen unless you want it to, of course.

Off the main strap, there is an additional strap to prevent unwanted movement. This strap is removable and can be reoriented with the fastener in the reverse position. Great for cycling.

Lastly, the inside of the pack with things I had at hand. From left to right theres a 600mL water bottle, X-T1 and 18mm lens with hood attached, Instax printer with extra film pack, and it's a bit dark but I threw an S95 with a pouch in the last spot. What this doesn't show is that there is room to spare on top of and beside these items (they're not packed tightly), and there should be as it was designed to accommodate a DSLR and two lenses. The whole padded insert can be removed so it can be a regular bag too.

You won't be carrying a bunch of stuff in this bag, but it seems ideal for travelling relatively light. If you're carrying more than this bag is capable of, a backpack would be a better choice to get the weight off one shoulder and onto two (or onto your hips with the better designed backpacks, which won't strain your back).

That's a pretty cool write up, thanks! And map props on the Instax printer, I used to carry around a Dell Wasabi and USB print (using the "direct print" function on my 5D that Dpreview loved to lambast), people loved it. The Wasabi was kind of a POS though, I definitely need to look into newer, non-crappier options.

Not sure if it was just for scale or if you usually carry a water bottle inside your bag, but it's something I try to stay away from if I possibly can.

I just ordered a Thule 25L backpack, which is definitely not a dedicated photo bag (I'm going back to grad school and need something for textbooks/laptop/other odds and ends when I'm out and about). I did want to carry a beater mirrorless rig with me though, so I'm hoping that the padded sunglasses/electronics compartment at the top will accommodate my NEX-5 and 35 1.8. Will post a report when it arrives later this week!

Danoss
Mar 8, 2011

Pompous Rhombus posted:

That's a pretty cool write up, thanks! And map props on the Instax printer, I used to carry around a Dell Wasabi and USB print (using the "direct print" function on my 5D that Dpreview loved to lambast), people loved it. The Wasabi was kind of a POS though, I definitely need to look into newer, non-crappier options.

Not sure if it was just for scale or if you usually carry a water bottle inside your bag, but it's something I try to stay away from if I possibly can.

I just ordered a Thule 25L backpack, which is definitely not a dedicated photo bag (I'm going back to grad school and need something for textbooks/laptop/other odds and ends when I'm out and about). I did want to carry a beater mirrorless rig with me though, so I'm hoping that the padded sunglasses/electronics compartment at the top will accommodate my NEX-5 and 35 1.8. Will post a report when it arrives later this week!

The Instax is excellent. Found a USB>5V barrel cable that fits it too, which is handy if the CR2 batteries happen to run out (or I forget to charge them, more likely). It'll allow it to run off a power bank if I have it with me to recharge phone and camera batteries.

As for the drink bottle, that's the one thing in that bag that I'm guaranteed to take with me everywhere. Medication that I need to take daily makes my mouth very dry, so water is something I need to have with me for that reason. The bottle is one of those Sigg-branded aluminium ones which have water-tight caps, so I'm confident that if I don't put ice cold water inside (causing condensation) and tighten the cap correctly then no water should end up in the bag. My concern would be the same as yours, which is why I need to be so particular.

Interested to see how that backpack goes. The quick access compartment on the top looks interesting.

Tricerapowerbottom
Jun 16, 2008

WILL MY PONY RECOGNIZE MY VOICE IN HELL
I'm looking for a messenger bag or computer bag to hold a 6D on a BlackRapid-ish strap, a 4.5" lens, a flash, a tablet, and small amounts of other everyday poo poo like a book, papers, etc. I don't carry my camera around every day, nor do all-day shooting type situations like events or hiking, so distribution of weight isn't so much an issue for me.

I like natural materials, and am thinking of getting a Filson padded laptop bag and using an insert for the camera. It's a big assed bag, but I figure I'd rather have extra space when I need it, than not. I've also looked at wotancraft (too pricey), ONA, and Domke. Can anyone suggest any other manufacturers that I might be interested in?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Tricerapowerbottom posted:

I'm looking for a messenger bag or computer bag to hold a 6D on a BlackRapid-ish strap, a 4.5" lens, a flash, a tablet, and small amounts of other everyday poo poo like a book, papers, etc. I don't carry my camera around every day, nor do all-day shooting type situations like events or hiking, so distribution of weight isn't so much an issue for me.

I like natural materials, and am thinking of getting a Filson padded laptop bag and using an insert for the camera. It's a big assed bag, but I figure I'd rather have extra space when I need it, than not. I've also looked at wotancraft (too pricey), ONA, and Domke. Can anyone suggest any other manufacturers that I might be interested in?

drat that is a gorgeous bag.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Any recommendations for belt cases that are sleek and compact?

I want something to sit on a belt and stick out as little as possible.

Looking for something to hold my RX-100 and also something for a GH3+20mm lens.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

spog posted:

Any recommendations for belt cases that are sleek and compact?

I want something to sit on a belt and stick out as little as possible.

Looking for something to hold my RX-100 and also something for a GH3+20mm lens.

This one even comes with an integrated belt!

:911:

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

Don't use that Filson briefcase as a camera bag, get a Billingham Hadley

Tricerapowerbottom
Jun 16, 2008

WILL MY PONY RECOGNIZE MY VOICE IN HELL

feigning interest posted:

Don't use that Filson briefcase as a camera bag, get a Billingham Hadley

I like the Hadley itself, but Billingham crosses the visual line from "nice looking bag that could be expensive, maybe?" to straight up "I spent too much money on my camera bag :cabot:". Plus, if a Filson breaks or comes apart, they'll fix it for free.

Thank you for the suggestion though. Any other companies I might not be aware of?

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
The filson bag won't break apart lol it will however scratch your camera up with the zipper. I've owned that particular model bag, and a few other filson bags, and as much as I absolutely love their aesthetic I would not recommend any of them as a camera bag. Maybe the field bags but they're also no very well suited for accessing camera equipment and they hang awkwardly. Billingham Hadley bags were designed as camera bags(based on English fishing and game bags) and excel at it. It's my favorite design as far as function is concerned.

There is a line of Filson x magnum bags but they don't have the same aesthetics as the traditional twill & leather bags they're known for.

Anyway the two manufacturers that are known for having bags that literally last for decades as dedicated camera bags are Domke and Billingham. The domkes are cheaper but look like hot poo poo as they age but the billinghams age very gracefully like a filson.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Pompous Rhombus posted:

This one even comes with an integrated belt!

:911:

Kind of lacking the 'discrete' element.

Still, at least it looks less boring than the standard fare:

('fanny' in American means 'bottom', but in English, it means 'front bottom' - which is a more suitable definition, as you look like a right c*nt when you wear one)

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

Are there any alternatives to LensCoat that are a bit more durable? I just wore through the second neoprene ring on my Sigma 120-300mm's LensCoat from carrying it around on a Slingstrap all the time, and am hoping to find something better before I throw down another $80.

Danoss
Mar 8, 2011

I'm probably looking like a shill for them at this point, but F-Stop might be worth looking at. A little up the page you can see I bought their Brooklyn Sling, but they have a neat messenger bag in the same line called the Bandon which is available on the same page here. Since it's been recently revised and is available as a product preview, the details on their site are sparse. There is info about the previous incarnation of the bag which, going by the sling bag I bought, would only have been improved on. The company's video on the previous version is here and there's a half-decent review of it here.

There's also the Think Tank Retrospective and the newer, lighter Citywalker series. The canvas of the Retrospective series in the sizes most useful to your purpose—the 7 and the 10—have a noticeable impact on the weight of the bag, at least to me, but it makes up for it in appearance (I like the look of the Pinestone). My main annoyance with Think Tank bags is that the outer materials of the partitions aren't ‘fluffy’, and therefore can't have other partitions attached to them—it's a minor thing, but they're the only manufacturer I've encountered that does this.

While these options aren't as stylish as the one you've looked at, they're far from ugly and still serve the same purpose at a cheaper price.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

feigning interest posted:

There is a line of Filson x magnum bags but they don't have the same aesthetics as the traditional twill & leather bags they're known for.

This reminds me to wander down to the Filson store and look at those magnum bags in person some time.

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I just bought a camera bag I despise and thought I'd mention it to save anyone else considering it. I'd been looking to replace my old ThinkTank Streetwalker Pro with something that held a laptop, had a better waist belt, and had a little more space. Someone recommended CineBags to me and the CB-25B looked like it'd be a good fit. Well, it sucks. I don't know how it has such a high rating on B&H. Thanks to waaay too thick internal dividers, it barely holds more than my Streetwalker (thought it does hold a laptop of course) and with the same amount of equipment is unbearably uncomfortable. It puts a ton of pressure on my lower back, to the point that I was sore after just trying it out for a few minutes. Maybe it's designed for people bigger than me as I can barely get the waist strap tight enough to be useful? It's awful and I hate it so loving much.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

powderific posted:

I just bought a camera bag I despise and thought I'd mention it to save anyone else considering it. I'd been looking to replace my old ThinkTank Streetwalker Pro with something that held a laptop, had a better waist belt, and had a little more space. Someone recommended CineBags to me and the CB-25B looked like it'd be a good fit. Well, it sucks. I don't know how it has such a high rating on B&H. Thanks to waaay too thick internal dividers, it barely holds more than my Streetwalker (thought it does hold a laptop of course) and with the same amount of equipment is unbearably uncomfortable. It puts a ton of pressure on my lower back, to the point that I was sore after just trying it out for a few minutes. Maybe it's designed for people bigger than me as I can barely get the waist strap tight enough to be useful? It's awful and I hate it so loving much.

Cinebag's belt pouch rules though. I have one for weddings.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Has anyone handled the domke f5xb and think tank retrospective 5? I like the look and features of the retro, but not sure about the flap and price. I'll probably take a seam ripper to the domke label if I go with that. I've read the strap is too short on the domke, easy to replace I imagine?

I'll be using it for an a7ii and whatever primes I can fit. It'd be nice if I had the capability to carry my beercan or flash if I wanted to, but that's not a deal breaker.

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

Google Butt posted:

Has anyone handled the domke f5xb and think tank retrospective 5? I like the look and features of the retro, but not sure about the flap and price. I'll probably take a seam ripper to the domke label if I go with that. I've read the strap is too short on the domke, easy to replace I imagine?

I'll be using it for an a7ii and whatever primes I can fit. It'd be nice if I had the capability to carry my beercan or flash if I wanted to, but that's not a deal breaker.

Look into the Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Home as well. I use it with my A7S and it's great. It is available in non-horrible colours if you're wondering.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

HPL posted:

Look into the Crumpler 5 Million Dollar Home as well. I use it with my A7S and it's great. It is available in non-horrible colours if you're wondering.

Hmm, I feel like the top handle makes it look a little too camera baggy

HPL
Aug 28, 2002

Worst case scenario.

Google Butt posted:

Hmm, I feel like the top handle makes it look a little too camera baggy

And yet you're considering anything from Domke?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

HPL posted:

And yet you're considering anything from Domke?

Yeah this kinda caught me too. Domke bags advertise themselves as camera bags pretty easily

mulls
Jul 30, 2013

A lot of the waxed canvas Domke bags look like normal bags. My giant courier bag just looks like a hipster messenger bag. Also Domke bags are great.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Are there any guidelines or best practices out there for packing gear into a bag? Stuff like, should I detach lenses from the body? Or is it pretty much just "you pack it however it will fit"?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Ended up ordering the retrospective 7, pretty excited.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

dupersaurus posted:

Are there any guidelines or best practices out there for packing gear into a bag? Stuff like, should I detach lenses from the body? Or is it pretty much just "you pack it however it will fit"?

It really is just what's best for you and how you shoot, how often you change lenses, what you need to have immediately available, etc. Camera bags have thousands of ways they can be organized and laid out. Playing with velcro dividers and walls is a little cumbersome, but once you find the setup you like, you're going to love it.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
The thing is, camera bags are like purses. It's normal to have more than 7 million, 5 million, Kata back pack, a billingham (I know, I know).

I think I ended up with the 7 million dollar home and use it more like an everyday brief case with a camera. Guess I don't use my camera as often as I should.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Detach your lenses if you have a soft bag that may be subjected to bending loads.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

caberham posted:

The thing is, camera bags are like purses. It's normal to have more than 7 million, 5 million, Kata back pack, a billingham (I know, I know).

I think I ended up with the 7 million dollar home and use it more like an everyday brief case with a camera. Guess I don't use my camera as often as I should.

I'm actually using a purse as a camera bag right now. It's a really nice brown leather duffle looking bag. It holds the body and grip plus a few lenses no problem. My GF wants it back but too drat bad. My camera lives there now. We must all make sacrifices for the greater good.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
Suggestions for a small backpack that doesn't scream I HAVE A CAMERA PLEASE MUG ME?

I want to take my camera on a day hike in a touristy area and I think a messenger bag/sling type would get annoying flopping around at my side (unless someone can suggest a sling that isn't floppy). I just got my first DSLR so I don't have too much stuff to put in it, just the body and a couple lenses.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Suggestions for a small backpack that doesn't scream I HAVE A CAMERA PLEASE MUG ME?

I want to take my camera on a day hike in a touristy area and I think a messenger bag/sling type would get annoying flopping around at my side (unless someone can suggest a sling that isn't floppy). I just got my first DSLR so I don't have too much stuff to put in it, just the body and a couple lenses.

Maybe consider a camera pouch like the Crumpler Haven? Fits in most backpacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rot
Apr 18, 2005

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

I use F-Stop Gear's ICUs for this exact purpose.

http://shop.fstopgear.com/us/products/icu.html

They aren't super cheap and aren't very good for rapid camera deployment but they do a great job of containing my poo poo on the run.

(now if I could only convince them to sell me a backpack that isn't back-ordered to hell :argh: )

• Locked thread