Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
That's the first time I've seen that comic. It's got to be deliberate misdirection, because no part of any of that makes sense if you think about it. It's all so unrelated to itself that it can't be done out of ignorance or idiocy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

This is still the most perplexing cartoon I've seen in any iteration of this thread. Over the years I've learned to decipher the layers of insanity, but it still stands as a testament to utter madness.

I always think I get his point until I try to work it out in my head. Is it that there should be fewer duplicates? Like if there really was evolution there should be so many different species that finding a second or third T-Rex should be increasingly rare or impossible? But then that totally ignores the fact that fossils are a rare things already and many types of life CAN'T get fossilized so clearly some would be more common and ....GAH!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think he imagines there's this big spectrum of species in the evolutionary process and that therefore we should always be digging up different transitional species. The fact that we don't proves that all life, much like Yugioh, was created by an infinitely intelligent being.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

This is still the most perplexing cartoon I've seen in any iteration of this thread. Over the years I've learned to decipher the layers of insanity, but it still stands as a testament to utter madness.

if universe 6 billion years old and constantly changing, why not infinity fossils? :smug:

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I think he imagines there's this big spectrum of species in the evolutionary process and that therefore we should always be digging up different transitional species. The fact that we don't proves that all life, much like Yugioh, was created by an infinitely intelligent being.

As a person who plays Yugioh, I question his assertion that Yugioh was created by an intelligent being, let alone and infinitely intelligent one.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Muscle Tracer posted:

if universe 6 billion years old and constantly changing, why not infinity fossils? :smug:

Which would bad enough, but then there's the whole aspect of it being expressed in loving Yugioh cards and the strawman pointing out how unhinged it all sounds, it's just this maelstrom of impossibly dumb elements.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Gotta make sure my favorite RLC is represented:

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Have you ever...9/11'd anybody?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Saint Sputnik posted:

Who drew the parody? I forget, but it makes me laugh every single time I see it.

There was also a parody where the elephant was arguing with a straw-stuffed donkey, and one where he had Alzheimer's and frogs about 9/11 (an elephant never forgets!).

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

ladyboy pancake posted:

Wow way to be out of touch there old person! Maybe if you knew the boffo lingo of today's hip youth . . .

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Muscle Tracer posted:

Because fossilization requires a lot of factors and luck. Its depressing how little we will know about the history of the earth unless we discover time travel that doesn't gently caress up the future.

Liberal_L33t
Apr 9, 2005

by WE B Boo-ourgeois

Ramirez suggests the one course of action that could restore U.S. standing in the arab world and justify the American defense budget. A good cartoon :getin:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

beepsandboops posted:

Gotta make sure my favorite RLC is represented:

poo poo wait this is a real comic? I thought this was like a photoshop or something

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Rorus Raz posted:

I cannot find the Evolve cartoons. It was just Miller getting conned by a pyramid scheme and trying to sell magic water. The comics are stupid poo poo like some b-list celebrity making a guest appearance while large-breasted girl character got all weak-kneed around him. Then the strawman Wrong Guy (correctly) says that it's just water and gets beat up by the b-lister. Yay!

Miller's lovely politics were starting to get him in trouble with his day job (which he called "pinklisting" by what I guess is some kind of gay mafia) and he basically did all he could to torch the evidence that these cartoons ever existed.

Put these somewhere out of sight.

Keep them secret.

Keep them safe.

<gandalf wink>

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

ladyboy pancake posted:

Is that where you spend 20 years supporting someone who hates your rival then they dump you and you spend the next 10 years tearing up their neighbors house?

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

There's a metric fuckton of nearly identical but slightly different dinosaurs anyway. Your average jackass on the street would probably call every single one of these a loving T-Rex, but that doesn't mean they are. It's unbelievably loving stupid and my church as a teenager brought up the same stupid argument.

e: I'm mad. About dinosaur bones.

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jan 30, 2015

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Schizotek posted:

There's a metric fuckton of nearly identical but slightly different dinosaurs anyway. Your average jackass on the street would probably call every single one of these a loving T-Rex, but that doesn't mean they are. It's unbelievably loving stupid and my church as a teenager brought up the same stupid argument.

e: I'm mad. About dinosaur bones.

On the bright side you just introduced me to Erectopus and Sinraptor, maybe God has a plan for them after all.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

While we're journeying down Hapajap Lane again, I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone of something:

Don't forget that big idiot half-Japanese Mike S. Miller created a mouthpiece character who is a big-titty (half-?)Japanese girl called Mika.

Let that one swim around a while, really enjoy the bouquet of it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Dr. VooDoo posted:

poo poo wait this is a real comic? I thought this was like a photoshop or something

There's an edit of it (that I hope someone posts) of the elephant being struck with sudden Alzheimer's and going 'wtf is going on' to 9/11 happening in the background.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

TetsuoTW posted:

While we're journeying down Hapajap Lane again, I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone of something:

Don't forget that big idiot half-Japanese Mike S. Miller created a mouthpiece character who is a big-titty (half-?)Japanese girl called Mika.

Let that one swim around a while, really enjoy the bouquet of it.

Why is it always half-japanese?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

All the exoticness of an Asian woman with all the culture and language of a white woman.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

At least in Miller's case, I think it's because the guy himself is half-Japanese? :shrug:

And of course he used that as license to be super racist.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Abyssal Squid posted:

At least in Miller's case, I think it's because the guy himself is half-Japanese? :shrug:

And of course he used that as license to be super racist.
Such a loving amateur. If he had any balls he'd just do a Ramirez and explicitly hate non-whites despite everything.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Pure japanese women have smaller breasts.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

ladyboy pancake posted:

Don't be willfully dense. :iamafag: She's got a crush on the sheriff who came last week to take the hog-tied feds off the ranch, and she's considering calling emergency services (911) in order to get him to come back.

Also that dress is hideous. Like she just took a piece of pink cloth and cut holes in it.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Xander77 posted:

Err.. thanks?
I have come across a collection of Soviet "women in the army" posters, but they were basically all the same "smiling pretty girl posing in uniform". Similar to American WWII posters, but a touch more patriotic and ideologically pure, naturally. Nothing worth posting, really.

There were also some "every man woman and child defends the Middle Kingdom (from the menace of Sparrows, usually)" in the big dump of Chinese stuff at the end of the previous thread.
Eh, have some stuff.

The rifle and the plow. Heh. I might know, intellectually that a lot of Israeli art and ideology was influenced by Social Realism, but it's the little details that take you aback time and time again.

This, in particular, seems to be an interesting representation, of "separate but equal-ish" "soldiers". Definitely not the Soviet way.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Thanks for that. Numbers 4 and 10 are great. I was hoping that there'd be more Spanish Civil war stuff but the women fighters show up more in photographs than in the posters. If I find anything good I'll post it up.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Also for non-americans wondering about the empty chair it's a reference to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=933hKyKNPFQ

Ultra conservatives thought this was great, but everyone else just recognizes it as being crazy as poo poo.

Obama appearing as that empty chair was an even dumber stunt than Obama's Mission Accomplished grandstanding on that carrier.

God, what an idiot, anyone who pulls dumb stunts like that deserves all the poo poo conservative cartoonists throw his way.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

AGC

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

God, young women are so stupid and uneducated. Now in an unrelated matter, why won't young women vote GOP?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Jokes, references, and civil rights were all better back in the 30's goddamnit :bahgawd:

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
After 70 Years?!!

It is both sad and shocking that 70 years after Auschwitz, a cartoon like today's could or would be relevant.
Labels: antisemitism, Auschwitz, Europe, Israel, Jewish State, Shuldig

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

JaggerMcDagger posted:

After 70 Years?!!

It is both sad and shocking that 70 years after Auschwitz, a cartoon like today's could or would be relevant.
Labels: antisemitism, Auschwitz, Europe, Israel, Jewish State, Shuldig

:ironicat:

Geeeeet hosed you racist shitbag.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

Dammit, I laughed at this one.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

I got bad news for ya, buddy.

Adbot