Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Nah, I'm with Slimnoid. Hollismason is a moon of stupidity eclipsing discussion. He draws drama like the tides and will hurt your eyes if you actually look at what he says. He doesn't even have the good grace to be interesting.

Putting him on ignore makes the thread much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

ijyt posted:

Maybe you shouldn't be on a forum.

I've been on a lot of forums over a long-rear end time and dealt with a lot of dumb people over the internet. Rarely do I put them on ignore.

So when I do it in this case it's because I have no patience for his brand of stupidity. The thread is 100% more enjoyable now that I don't see his poo poo writing.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

LordAba posted:

It's the opposite. You can't swallow the enemies guys off the board, but you can spit your own guys back.

The rules didn't change you can still only suck one unit of your guys off the board or that were off board and spit them back onto the table and can no longer suck your enemies guys off the board.

And it lost it's weapon, and particle whip didn't get fixed.

Gauss Flux Arcs increased in ST by 1.

It's still a big giant wet fart.

Oblesik on the other hand is something to look at with the nerf to Annihilation Barges. Can deep strike, Thunder Blitz ( if the rumours are accurate) , and comes with 6 Hull Points that continually regenerate.

It's actually possible to shoot 1 target with 3 of the Tesla Arrays, if you face it correctly and it puts out 15 Shots.

Combine it with the Triarch Stalkers from the Judicator Battalion and you're going to annihilate a unit.

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Nah, I'm with Slimnoid. Hollismason is a moon of stupidity eclipsing discussion. He draws drama like the tides and will hurt your eyes if you actually look at what he says. He doesn't even have the good grace to be interesting.

Putting him on ignore makes the thread much better.

Has actually said he never loses games and is a complete downer.

Slimnoid posted:

I've been on a lot of forums over a long-rear end time and dealt with a lot of dumb people over the internet. Rarely do I put them on ignore.

So when I do it in this case it's because I have no patience for his brand of stupidity. The thread is 100% more enjoyable now that I don't see his poo poo writing.

Boring.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 30, 2015

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Have new WD; cannot wait for Insane Space Clown Posse.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It's a really good book and it's hard to just point something and go , that's insanely overpowered, that's complete garbage.

Necron Destroyer Lords are going to see more play , a T6 model with a 4++, 5++ , and can take all the gear a Lord can. That's pretty drat good before they were a little less survivable maybe, but with the change to Reanimation. Their pretty amazing.

Destroyer Lord w/ Warscythe, Phylactery, Phase Shifter - 170 points.

So you got something that's T6 so only destroyer weapons and weapons that cause instant death remove it's 5+ Reanimation, it's got a 5+ It Will not Die, a 4++ Invulnerable..

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jan 30, 2015

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

WAR FOOT posted:

Have new WD; cannot wait for Insane Space Clown Posse.

The Harlequin one? What's in it? Is there gonna be a book or WD-only?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I was really hoping the Harlequin Jetbike rumour was true but I think if it was we'd have seen some models by now. :(

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Literally every other post.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

REAL MUSCLE MILK posted:

The Harlequin one? What's in it? Is there gonna be a book or WD-only?

There's no word in there about a Codex, though that's in-line with past releases. Given one of the entries lists a currently non-existent Transport option, I'll wait and see next week.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
His posts about using animal carcasses for bases and terrain made the rest of his poo poo worth wading through.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Picked up a box of Wraiths because the store didn't have any Tomb Blades in stock, man what a lovely kit to put together. Lots of deep sprues and non-rigid components being used as attachment points.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I have 6 old wraiths I'll trade to someone for old flayed ones.

jeroti
Feb 26, 2009

Fear not the darkness, fear that which the darkness hides.
I've been painting up a shadow sword/storm lord. It's not finished yet I still need to touch up the trims and apply washes but I like how it's turned out so far. I'll probably use the last of my SoB transfers on it to make it fit with my SoB. The manager at the GW store I got it from told me how I could glue some supports in the frame so I can easily switch between the shadow sword and storm lord. I think I might be able to cut the back part off the large bane blade piece that goes on the top so I can use all the variants. The other piece fits ok over the front plate I have on now and the only real problem is at the back.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

panascope posted:

Picked up a box of Wraiths because the store didn't have any Tomb Blades in stock, man what a lovely kit to put together. Lots of deep sprues and non-rigid components being used as attachment points.

Put my first wraiths together last night. Holy hell those little ball leg things were just asking to get dropped on the floor.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

WAR FOOT posted:

There's no word in there about a Codex, though that's in-line with past releases. Given one of the entries lists a currently non-existent Transport option, I'll wait and see next week.

I wish they'd say, I don't want to get WD if a book is coming, but I don't want to miss the WD rules if there's no book.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Oh local tournaments, never stop being amazing :allears: The club that I am a member of hosted a tourney a while back, cost pr player for us? 200USD, cost of entry? 100USD.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I'm guessing that the Harlequin rules will be included in the boxes, that's something GW has been doing lately.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

DJ Dizzy posted:

Oh local tournaments, never stop being amazing :allears: The club that I am a member of hosted a tourney a while back, cost pr player for us? 200USD, cost of entry? 100USD.

Jesus, I've never been slogged more than $65AUD for a Tournament.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

WAR FOOT posted:

Jesus, I've never been slogged more than $65AUD for a Tournament.

This includes food (breakfast+lunch+dinner) on both days, optional lodging for people who came from far away, tourney dice, t-shirts and cheap-as-gently caress soda.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

DJ Dizzy posted:

This includes food (breakfast+lunch+dinner) on both days, optional lodging for people who came from far away, tourney dice, t-shirts and cheap-as-gently caress soda.

That's actually pretty legit then!

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

jeroti posted:

I've been painting up a shadow sword/storm lord. It's not finished yet I still need to touch up the trims and apply washes but I like how it's turned out so far. I'll probably use the last of my SoB transfers on it to make it fit with my SoB. The manager at the GW store I got it from told me how I could glue some supports in the frame so I can easily switch between the shadow sword and storm lord. I think I might be able to cut the back part off the large bane blade piece that goes on the top so I can use all the variants. The other piece fits ok over the front plate I have on now and the only real problem is at the back.

I made mine convertible with a fairly easy fix - hot glue a magnet inside the turret and inside the "fat" end of the barrel. The Stormlord gun just slots in so doesn't need to be magnetised. Then don't glue the troop plate/engine (reversible panel) and just put in a support strut so you can pop it on there at the front or back.

Pretty simple and allows you to make all 6 variants.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Hollismason posted:

I was really hoping the Harlequin Jetbike rumour was true but I think if it was we'd have seen some models by now. :(

Rumour has it that it may be a 4 week release.

e: @RapeyJoeStalin @Slimnoid the majority of this thread regulars/death thread enjoy to rile themselves up over nothing (e.g. Serious Gaylord not vehemently hating the company that's responsible for the hobby he enjoys).

ijyt fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jan 30, 2015

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

LordAba posted:

Man, I loved shocking a bunch of dude into a nice line and sucking them off one by one.

A whole thread of 'spergs, and no-one reacted to this?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Mr. Sunshine posted:

A whole thread of 'spergs, and no-one reacted to this?

It was too obvious/easy.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

DJ Dizzy posted:

I'm still bringing one because it looks cool as gently caress :colbert:

Admit it, you glued the gun on...

It's ok.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
By the way Holli, the Judicator formation's Stalker can only boost the Preatorians, which severly limits its use.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jan 30, 2015

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Lord Twisted posted:

Put my first wraiths together last night. Holy hell those little ball leg things were just asking to get dropped on the floor.

I didn't have any trouble with gluing and only dropped one ball thing on the floor. Eventually found it though.

e: I recommend cutting the ball joint pins, and have the legs at slightly different positions, otherwise it's a tight squeeze to paint them.

OhDearGodNo fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Jan 30, 2015

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

It's times like these that I wish I had more than 10 of the old Flayed Ones. Also that I didn't somehow have two Monoliths.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

OhDearGodNo posted:

Admit it, you glued the gun on...

It's ok.

No, I just used the overlord for something else :negative:

with Gjost Arks being cheaper, are they worth running with 10 warriors? Im thinking 20 warriors and 2 arks for 1500 pts.

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jan 30, 2015

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Mango Polo posted:

By the way Holli, the Judicator formation's Stalker can only boost the Preatorians, which severly limits its use.

Yeah I just read that too, makes it a little less appealing as a formation.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

It just wouldn't be the night before a tournament without a latenight painting cram. :coffeepal:

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

WAR FOOT posted:

It just wouldn't be the night before a tournament without a latenight painting cram. :coffeepal:

I did that last year and promised myself never again. Showing up with a primed-black model and minimally painted face was shameful. :/

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I used to worry about that, until I noticed everyone here plays with unpainted. I have since started painting my dudes up at my own pace.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Lucky you our group has a no unpainted models on the board rule to motivate people in the group to paint their poo poo.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Lucky you our group has a "no unpainted models" on the board rule to motivate people in the group to paint their poo poo.

That is the correct way to play warhams. Hth.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

PierreTheMime posted:

I did that last year and promised myself never again. Showing up with a primed-black model and minimally painted face was shameful. :/

See, I got too invested in painting terrain and minis for the Infinity tournament the weekend before. I don't want to rush through what I'm doing now because I know if I mangle the models with a bad paintjob I'll never want to look at them again, and taking 30 Wyches on foot, Voidravens and Wracks, I'm unlikely to place anyway - So slow, neat basecolours all the way to the finish line.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Preferred enemy: Unpainted. Only rule to play by.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

DJ Dizzy posted:

That is the correct way to play warhams. Hth.

I don't mind playing against like primed models, but if their bare bones plastic get them the gently caress off the table. One guy in our group is really neurotic about it though and tried to convince everyone that we should vote for not only having all the models painted but to painting them above a table top standard.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Hollismason posted:

I don't mind playing against like primed models, but if their bare bones plastic get them the gently caress off the table. One guy in our group is really neurotic about it though and tried to convince everyone that we should vote for not only having all the models painted but to painting them above a table top standard.

For tourneys here in denmark, its ALWAYS fully painted nd based. For pick up games, I dont mind primed dolls, but if you are going to participate in a campaign or special scenario, atleast basecoat your dolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

WAR FOOT posted:

:frogc00l::respek::frogc00l:

I'm considering changing up up LVO list but that means I would have to paint four vehicles (and build three of them), an kitbash and paint artillery piece, wash my building, and finish up a half painted command squad.

:smith:

• Locked thread