Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

I'm not a WWE fan, I'm an NXT/Lucha Underground/NJPW fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
So I haven't been paying very close attention to the product lately, what's the basis for the Cena Rusev feud?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Sasha aint ratchet posted:

So I haven't been paying very close attention to the product lately, what's the basis for the Cena Rusev feud?

Cena notices a heel is unbeaten, this will not stand

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Onmi posted:

BUT... THAT...

Look, I don't like that Reigns won, but that's so loving dumb, people outside the rumble eliminate people inside the rumble ALL THE TIME

Yeah, but Rock wasn't already in the Rumble, so it's technically outside interference. Usually people get eliminated from the outside by people already thrown out of the Rumble. As for Axel/Rowen, there's precedence for people being taken out if they don't make it to the ring. The Authority's done worse contrived poo poo to strip things from people, like the Scott Armstrong fast count that clearly didn't have to be a fast count. I'm not disagreeing that it's dumb, but it's what they're focusing on when they show the "controversy" so it feels like that's where they're going with it.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Cory Lidle posted:

Maybe Reigns has been handpicked by a "higher power."

Aw, son of a bitch

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
I've been getting over the flu and I think I just had my first wrestling related fever dream. They did an angle where Bryan proposed to Renee Young who said she'd say yes if he won the Money in the Bank match that night. The show closed with her turning on him along with Reigns, helping him win the match and forming a new faction along with a debuting Tommaso Ciampa and Cheerleader Melissa called "Hard Bitches, Inc."

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
just saw a video of roman's headscissors takedown...thing on smackdown. he's a lovely wrestler, and i don't get why don't they just book him like Goldberg. give him cool power moves, keep his matches short, and for gently caress's sake, no more long promos

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
anyone would've looked bad trying to do that move on the big show

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Spermgod posted:

anyone would've looked bad trying to do that move on the big show

then why have him try to do it in the first place

e. also why is he still fighting the big show. he's supposed to be the chosen one to take down brock. big show should just be a squash

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..

NickRoweFillea posted:

then why have him try to do it in the first place

e. also why is he still fighting the big show. he's supposed to be the chosen one to take down brock. big show should just be a squash

because they are stupid

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Kane had a 24 minute singles match in 2015.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

Kane had a 24 minute singles match in 2015.
Not against an overpushed greenhorn though

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

It's definitely time for Kane and Big Show to retire.

I say this as someone who bought a Big Show T shirt in 2004 with the words BIG ALL OVER on it and an arrow pointing to my DICK

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

If Roman was feuding with Cesaro and BNB as Authority goons right now, I think people would be a lot less down on his Mania shot. Having hoss offs with mobile guys who can work would do him wonders and probably get the fans strongly in his corner.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I missed smackdown last night, did they turn Reigns heel yet?

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

super macho dude posted:

I missed smackdown last night, did they turn Reigns heel yet?

They did. Reigns is poppy.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

If Roman was feuding with Cesaro and BNB as Authority goons right now, I think people would be a lot less down on his Mania shot. Having hoss offs with mobile guys who can work would do him wonders and probably get the fans strongly in his corner.
Luke Harper would have been another good option. Honestly there's no excuse for putting your next big star in the ring with Big Show ityool 2015

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What series of bad decisions led you to the point where Kane and Big Show are your top heels in 2015?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Benne posted:

What series of bad decisions led you to the point where Kane and Big Show are your top heels in 2015?
Our hero, John Cena, successfully killed the others for us

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

St Evan Echoes posted:

Luke Harper would have been another good option. Honestly there's no excuse for putting your next big star in the ring with Big Show ityool 2015

Big Show's safe and a veteran. It's the same reason for putting Kane in with newcomers.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Vince just loves Kane and Big Show in some type of relationship.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

The thing I don't get is that Rollins has been doing awesome and has history with Reigns. He should be the authority goon they send after him, not Kane/Big Show. On top of that, they need to build hype for Rollins' eventual cash in.

Rollins/Reigns writes itself - As the "Architect" of the Shield, Seth knows all of Roman's tactics and can outsmart him to victory. Roman needs to figure out a way to beat a guy that knows all his tricks or he loses the title he just took down a monster to get. Something something Ambrose distraction BELEE DAT.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rollins is being booked as a cowardly heel who needs stooges to keep him safe. For as great as he's doing in that role, it's exactly NOT the kind of character that should be used as an enforcer.

Using Kane and Big Show is stupid for a lot of reasons, but at least sending your two biggest guys to beat the poo poo out of someone makes sense.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I gave up on Smackdown when I saw Big Show was getting a match that went through 2 commercial breaks.

Can't believe I let WWE trick me into thinking Smackdown might be worth watching. Never again!!!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

triplexpac posted:

I gave up on Smackdown when I saw Big Show was getting a match that went through 2 commercial breaks.

Can't believe I let WWE trick me into thinking Smackdown might be worth watching. Never again!!!

Actually that match was the only bad part of the show. Everything else was good.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Sebastian Vettel posted:

I know fantasy booking is lame but I've come up with an idea that may save Wrestlemania without having to reverse course.

Roman Reigns vs Daniel Bryan at Fast Lane. Bray Wyatt interferes and casts a magic spell causing them to swap bodies like Freaky Friday with Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan. Roman Reigns (now portrayed by Bryan Danielson) beats Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania. After the match, Daniel Bryan (now portrayed by Joe Anoa'i) comes to the ring with a returning Papa Shango. Shango reverses Wyatt's curse setting up Reigns vs Bryan over who the real champion is and Papa Shango vs Bray Wyatt.

If Charles Wright is too beat up to wrestle then repackage Finn Balor as Papa Shango Jr.

Leakee Bry-day?

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I'm legitimately surprised Reigns hasn't beaten Cesaro on TV four times already.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

triplexpac posted:

Once you realize that last night was supposed to be RAW it makes more sense. Smack down is normally good.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

sticklefifer posted:

Yeah, but Rock wasn't already in the Rumble, so it's technically outside interference. Usually people get eliminated from the outside by people already thrown out of the Rumble. As for Axel/Rowen, there's precedence for people being taken out if they don't make it to the ring. The Authority's done worse contrived poo poo to strip things from people, like the Scott Armstrong fast count that clearly didn't have to be a fast count. I'm not disagreeing that it's dumb, but it's what they're focusing on when they show the "controversy" so it feels like that's where they're going with it.

Reading this actively pissed me off so I am 100 percent sure this is the route they'll go.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Lid posted:

Strangely despite appearances we know this isn't true as Punk's on the record that only he and Cena would go up to Vince and say something was loving stupid and they wouldn't do it until they changed it. Apparently Cena's threshold for "fixing" something however is way lower than Punk's is.

Punk and HHH are oddly similar: neither drinks, both are bitter but passionate, both fought a LOT for their spot

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I missed most of Smackdown. Was Reigns booed?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Sebastian Vettel posted:

Why do some people want Bryan to shave? Does no-one remember what a dweeb he looks like without his beard?

When he first got the belt from Big Show (via cash-in), he looked really good - shaved head with a standard beard.

Imagine the heat if a heel beat him up and shaved him.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Red posted:

Imagine the heat if a heel beat him up and shaved him.

They better do this. If Bryan just randomly shaves one day without it being an angle I weep for the future of pro wrestling.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bryan looks good with the long hair and beard. I think it helps make him look more like a guy who can beat you up.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Orgophlax posted:

he was booed, and also cheered

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Bryan looks good with the long hair and beard. I think it helps make him look more like a guy who can beat you up.

Yeah, with the short hair (and especially no beard) he looks like someone who wandered in from doing overnight stock at Walmart.

Samurai hair + beard makes him look a little unstable.

...lunatic fringe, if you will.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Orgophlax posted:

Yes, but most of his match was dead with the lightest of let's go Roman Roman sucks chants. By comparison the raw in Hartford I went to last year gave him the second biggest pop of the night after Sandow coming out as Vince and his regular appearance was hotter than Jericho's return.

Make no mistake, this rumble has killed his heat even outside of the Brooklyn/MSG/Philly arenas. And if he keeps throwing up bricks like that tragic two minute hurricanrana spot there is no chance of him getting it back.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Bray Wyatt vs. Daniel Bryan Beard vs. Beard Match

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Spermgod posted:

Bray Wyatt vs. Daniel Bryan Beard vs. Beard Match

If they don't get taker this'll probably happen at mania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Honestly, the only way Roman Reigns could believably win at this point is if he turns heel during the match with the authority's full support. It would probably get him nuclear heat, and would probably be a good time for Cena to step up to be his next big rival.

Otherwise, I don't get why they haven't just made him a modern Goldberg. It's right there, limitations and all. Just let him kick a lot of asses. Make the match the classic "unstoppable force meets the immovable object."

• Locked thread