Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zolthorg
May 26, 2009

jivjov posted:

Well this is interesting...apparently there's data evidence for a 4th set of moves for every character.. Hopefully we'll see them at some point.

Looks more like a default constructor set of impulses and no projectile / effect data. Basically all of the side impulse moves are moving the characters identically.

e: Downloaded the patch. Still no goddamn touch/tap controls for the UI that was literally designed just to be gigantic tappable buttons.

zolthorg fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

jivjov posted:

Well this is interesting...apparently there's data evidence for a 4th set of moves for every character.. Hopefully we'll see them at some point.

On the 3DS version you could actually receive the 4th custom moves from gambling on spectator mode. They didn't actually appear in your custom options though, it was just another way the game hosed you out of unlocking custom moves.

colbamf
Jan 10, 2011
Can we just talk for a moment about how rad Ganondorf is?

He's so rad.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

colbamf posted:

Can we just talk for a moment about how bad Ganondorf is?

He's so bad.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

That's no way to speak to your grandfather.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZErvASwdlU

Hell yeah The 'Dorf is so bad. :c00lbert:

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
So for those of you not keeping up with the APEX situation, the following happened in the last hour or so:

-Some moron opened an emergency exit, triggering a fire alarm and forcing everyone to evacuate.
-Fire department shows up, turns off the alarm, people start to come back in.
-Fire department starts looking into capacity and safety issues, calls the police.
-Police department comes in, condemns both the Smash 4 and Melee rooms for safety due to a section of collapsed parking garage caused by the snow.
-Smashers told to return to their hotel rooms until everything gets sorted out, new estimated start time at Noon.

This on top of the fact that the hotel dropped the ball on the internet hookups for the streamers so everyone is streaming on 4G setups right now. It's a mess down there.

Edit: Now the fire marshal is evaluating whether the event can even happen.

LanceKing2200 fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jan 30, 2015

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

LanceKing2200 posted:

So for those of you not keeping up with the APEX situation, the following happened in the last hour or so:

-Some moron opened an emergency exit, triggering a fire alarm and forcing everyone to evacuate.
-Fire department starts looking into capacity and safety issues, calls the police.
-Police department comes in, condemns both the Smash 4 and Melee rooms for safety due to a section of collapsed parking garage caused by the snow.
-Smashers told to return to their hotel rooms until everything gets sorted out, new estimated start time at Noon.

This on top of the fact that the hotel dropped the ball on the internet hookups for the streamers so everyone is streaming on 4G setups right now. It's a mess down there.

there's like 4000 people watching the stream of the empty smash 4 room

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
It's pretty bullshit if there's a safety issue and the hotel didn't even inform the APEX staff days ago. The storm happened Tuesday, if there was a safety issue they should have known about it, but I guess they let APEX spend 6 hours setting up systems anyway?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

LanceKing2200 posted:

Edit: Now the fire marshal is evaluating whether the event can even happen.

These stage hazards are out of control, Sakurai!

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Apex is officially cancelled for the day, the Smash 4 room is closed, Melee room is under evaluation for open tomorrow. Brawl and the other FGs are likely totally cancelled, Pools might be started in hotel rooms to make up for lost time, the APEX staff is going to pursue legal action against the hotel for authorizing the event in an unsafe building after the weekend, Right now they're trying to come up with an alternative.

http://smashboards.com/threads/apex-venue-evactuation-apex-likely-canceled-for-day-brawl-possibly-cancelled.388982/

What a poo poo-show.

Edit: This hotel is hosed legally. Authorizing a 2500+ person event in a structurally damaged room? Even if APEX staff didn't sue the Fire Department is gonna have plenty to say about this.

Edit edit: The Splatoon room is closed now too, Fire Marshals saying the whole event may be cancelled https://twitter.com/CLASHTournament/status/561188555180232704?s=09

LanceKing2200 fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jan 30, 2015

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Noooooooooo

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Apparently hotel staff may be getting arrested for this: https://twitter.com/toph_bbq/status/561186940742291456

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Yeah that'd do it. Look at that loving hole!

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
I really, really hope they don't end up needing to run Best of 1 Single Elimination to fit everything in. Both the players and the viewers don't deserve that.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Holy poo poo Twitch to the rescue. New Venue, Garden State Convention Center.

https://twitter.com/xD1x/status/561220815635886080

Now they gotta transport 200 setups 40 miles through Jersey.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

Hopefully everyone gets there by the time they set up.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

laplace posted:

Hopefully everyone gets there by the time they set up.

It depends on if their moms can leave work to give them a ride.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Louisgod posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Video recap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaUvteRgRtE

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Louisgod posted:

if that fails they can shove everyone in the back of a u-haul

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
its funny because that actually did happen one year

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Thank you

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
for the explanation

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Louisgod posted:

:worship:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Apex is canceled!!

!

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

This will make for a very good episode of the documentary.

Louisgod posted:

ha

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
We'll still likely never know who it was that tripped the alarm that set everything into motion in the first place, even if everything turned out better in the end.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I tripped the alarm

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

I tripped the alarm

It was for the best.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Austrian mook posted:

I tripped the alarm

Tripping ruined Smash again!

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

RyokoTK posted:

Tripping ruined Smash again!

Tripping saves lives.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I forsaw the disaster and took the necessary steps to prevent it

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

thank you for your service

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
please appreciate smash in all its forms and figures, even those that start frothing at the mouth going off on a tangent about how netplay on the computer has too much lag on melee during a grand final;s set. these people love smash just as much as u love deciding to post about smash on a dying , insular forum...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Competitive Smash play is shameful and these people should be mocked. This is the group of people that one year harassed a child into giving up his winnings after coming in 1st place in a Smash tournament at Evo.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Competitive Smash play is shameful and these people should be mocked. This is the group of people that one year harassed a child into giving up his winnings after coming in 1st place in a Smash tournament at Evo.

i agree except when they play bowser, or wario, or someone cool. then I like it.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

I said come in! posted:

You're right there is 100% crossover with the three or so people who did that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

I said come in! posted:

generalization is for the retarded

• Locked thread