Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zombie Souffle
Feb 3, 2010
They have to do something for the people who are still way too hardcore.

And laplace, if you join back up on XI and want to meander around you can drop me a tell, I'm on Quetzal as Cadian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006
Update incoming.

Doctor Soup
Nov 4, 2009

I have nothing but confidence in you, and very little of that.
Yeah, for anyone confused about not being able to set multiple linkshells, they added the UI but not the functionality. Because reasons, I guess.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Is there another free week/weekend anytime soon? I want to screenshot a bunch of old stuff on my character.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Doctor Soup posted:

Yeah, for anyone confused about not being able to set multiple linkshells, they added the UI but not the functionality. Because reasons, I guess.

PS2 limitations

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
Anyone know if SE bans people for using cupper? Last time I played they were against it and would ban you if you got caught using it. It was just sort of hard to prove you used it.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Nothings changed there. Pretty sure there is just 1 GM now so it's pretty safe to just hack away.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Gruknor posted:

Anyone know if SE bans people for using cupper? Last time I played they were against it and would ban you if you got caught using it. It was just sort of hard to prove you used it.

SE basically is reactionary now with banning. There are actions that can trigger flags, such as running old zones 'too fast'. but almost nothing is actively watched. They more instead respond to GM calls and review potential logs for information or spot check you after you're called out by someone.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

frodnonnag posted:

SE basically is reactionary now with banning. There are actions that can trigger flags, such as running old zones 'too fast'. but almost nothing is actively watched. They more instead respond to GM calls and review potential logs for information or spot check you after you're called out by someone.

BUGS OF SPRING posted:

Nothings changed there. Pretty sure there is just 1 GM now so it's pretty safe to just hack away.

Thanks, Frodnon and Bugs o' Spring, downloading cupper now. I am glad I can run faster than normal.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

They don't even check the logs anymore really. So many times I got flagged for traveling through a zone too quickly and nothing ever happened.

Bot away.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

They don't even check the logs anymore really. So many times I got flagged for traveling through a zone too quickly and nothing ever happened.

Bot away.

They will however ban you if you're a complete moron. My current LS leader just lost three characters. namely an afterglow Tizona...All because he ran Myproject in a way that had him still running loving point to point laps after dying and homepointing to the auction house HP in west adoulin.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

They still will answer GM calls and I'm sure someone made one, which is why the guy got popped.

They do not go out of their way to check logs anymore though.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

They still will answer GM calls and I'm sure someone made one, which is why the guy got popped.

They do not go out of their way to check logs anymore though.

Yep. Exactly what happened to him. I also know the jp (and to lesser extent, lovely na players) are bitching about exp/jp/ spark farmers on the official forums and frequently gm people for being in gates or rak for "too long",

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Never really understood that mentality.

Hey lets get people banned so there are less active players to do events with.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
Apparently they stopped updating Cupper. I guess I will have to find Clipper.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

What do you want me to say?

frodnonnag posted:

They will however ban you if you're a complete moron. My current LS leader just lost three characters. namely an afterglow Tizona...All because he ran Myproject in a way that had him still running loving point to point laps after dying and homepointing to the auction house HP in west adoulin.

If this was mentioned earlier, please direct me... but what is Myproject? I've used cupper and exiled for a while now, but haven't heard of this. I'm at the point in FFXI where if I get banned I really couldn't care less, and quite interested in what myproject does.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

G Prestige posted:

If this was mentioned earlier, please direct me... but what is Myproject? I've used cupper and exiled for a while now, but haven't heard of this. I'm at the point in FFXI where if I get banned I really couldn't care less, and quite interested in what myproject does.

Myproject is basically a botting suite that some guy who barely knows how to program made by cobbling a bunch of other people's programs together.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

frodnonnag posted:

Myproject is basically a botting suite that some guy who barely knows how to program made by cobbling a bunch of other people's programs together.

It bareley works, you have to do some voodoo hoodo magic to make it work. At least in my experiences.

P.S. Just saw Jamiemadrox running around. Did Jamie sell his account or does he really not like me anymore? I hope he sold his account, because my anus is bleeding.

Gruknor fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 10, 2015

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ya it's not me.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

Ya it's not me.

I am sorry to see you go. I hope you got a good deal.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

It was pretty good considering the game is totally dead.

I don't miss FFXI at all.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

Ya it's not me.

bah, you shitler. i wanted that account and would have paid for it. how much did you get?

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

LiquidFriend posted:

I don't miss FFXI at all.

Liar. There is no escape.
See you soon!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm a stupid moron, with an ugly face, and my butt smells, and I like to kiss my own butt.

That said, I picked XI up again for shits and giggles. Stuck on Asura with no one I know to play with. Is there even enough of a goon presence left to switch servers? At this point I'd just like some conversation while I plug along with alter egos.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

I'm a stupid moron, with an ugly face, and my butt smells, and I like to kiss my own butt.

That said, I picked XI up again for shits and giggles. Stuck on Asura with no one I know to play with. Is there even enough of a goon presence left to switch servers? At this point I'd just like some conversation while I plug along with alter egos.

I hear Asura is the official Reddit server! :suicide:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

DizzyBum posted:

I hear Asura is the official Reddit server! :suicide:

Oh gently caress everything. I started in Gilgamesh, it got merged into Carbuncle, and then the few friends I had left in the game went to Asura. I have stumbled into the lion's den.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Shinjobi posted:

You can transfer to Quetzalcoatl(our goonshell is called GetOut), not many of us but it is better than nothing. We do stuff occasionally, we talk sometimes, but most of the time we are playing afk while we play a real game.

RazeChildren
Apr 27, 2003
Active FFXI Goons,
Are you tired of endlessly waiting for a Delve shout, only to wipe on t1-4 NMs due to Wolfevangelist's profound incompetence? Do you miss the days of being completely unable to walk leisurely through Whitegate due to congestion (too many players [not the stuff in your lungs])? Then I may just have the answer for you! Transfer to Asura, where there are Delve shouts aplenty and zones so crowded you'll long for the days of fewer-than-500-players-online. You heard me right! No more waiting to wipe despairingly and hopelessly to Podarge, or to eat yet another Incinerating Lahar! You can jump right into the action on Asura!

Potential benefits of coming to Asura:
- Access to a larger player base than most other servers (much larger NA population than Quetz). That means more opportunities to wipe in Delve or Incursion!
- POSSIBILITY of joining a thriving and active endgame LS that regularly mercs the stuff that you want to be doing. (I'm a pearlsack. Be a helpful, active, good person, and I'll get you in.)
- Failing the above possibility, you can always purchase mercs for a reasonable price. Something that other servers seem to be lacking (lookin' at you, Quetz).
- No more trash bags that rip and tear.

Potential risks of coming to Asura:
- There is a cool, active Goon community on Quetz. While the server itself doesn't have much to offer, GetOut does. By transferring from Quetz, or to Asura instead of Quetz, you risk not being a part of an active Goon LS.

I'll monitor the thread in case there are any questions or there is any interest. If you make the transfer, contact me in game. My name's Profiterole.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

RazeChildren posted:

Active FFXI Goons,
Are you tired of endlessly waiting for a Delve shout, only to wipe on t1-4 NMs due to Wolfevangelist's profound incompetence? Do you miss the days of being completely unable to walk leisurely through Whitegate due to congestion (too many players [not the stuff in your lungs])? Then I may just have the answer for you! Transfer to Asura, where there are Delve shouts aplenty and zones so crowded you'll long for the days of fewer-than-500-players-online. You heard me right! No more waiting to wipe despairingly and hopelessly to Podarge, or to eat yet another Incinerating Lahar! You can jump right into the action on Asura!

- Access to a larger player base than most other servers (much larger NA population than Quetz). That means more opportunities to wipe in Delve or Incursion!
- POSSIBILITY of joining a thriving and active endgame LS that regularly mercs the stuff that you want to be doing. (I'm a pearlsack. Be a helpful, active, good person, and I'll get you in.)
- Failing the above possibility, you can always purchase mercs for a reasonable price. Something that other servers seem to be lacking (lookin' at you, Quetz).

- There is a cool, active Goon community on Quetz. While the server itself doesn't have much to offer, GetOut does. By transferring from Quetz, or to Asura instead of Quetz, you risk not being a part of an active Goon LS.

I'll monitor the thread in case there are any questions or there is any interest. If you make the transfer, contact me in game. My name's Profiterole.

I will be /tell'ing you soon!

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

RazeChildren posted:

Active FFXI Goons,

I could do this

RazeChildren
Apr 27, 2003
Since it sounds like there will be more goons than just myself I made a shell. SAGoons, for nostalgia.

Doctor Soup
Nov 4, 2009

I'll be transferring too. My hope is we'll get a full goon migration. It looks like most of us are fine with switching servers, only person I haven't cleared it with yet is Arkma.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Huh is there winds up being an active goon shell on asura, I might play again

I thought about joining the reddit shell, but then I looked at their subreddit and went noooope

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

I'm on Asura as Cardan. But if this is as it sounds, a non goon run LS taking refugees, I doubt they'd want to carry me as I just restarted literally a few days ago. If they wouldn't mind, however, I'd happily join and give them 50/50 odds of me becoming obsessed and playing a lot.

Doctor Soup
Nov 4, 2009

Given that they let me in and I'm a pretty new player, they'll probably let you in too. But at the very least, we do want to get as many goons as possible on the new shell SAGoons.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
There is a goon run shell called SAGoons. It is on Asura, Jewbacca(Joobacca), Ganache(Proftierole), and Hackenbush are in it so far. Just the three of us, but there is plenty of room for more.

Doctor Soup
Nov 4, 2009

Did you guys have to change your names on transfer or are those alts?

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

I'll join. I had planned on going it alone seeing how far I could get 'soloing' everything. But not doing that is better.

As I said above, I just started a few days ago as Cardan and just finished unlocking travel around the old world.

Roflan fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jan 30, 2015

RazeChildren
Apr 27, 2003
Both Ganache and Jewbacca were taken. Bummer. So we both had to change names.

And yeah, even if you aren't ready for endgame yet, or even pre-endgame, you should come and join SAGoons. The more of us there are, the more stuff we can get done, and the easier it is to get people up to snuff for harder content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Decided to reinstall and see what's new however I have hit the brick wall that is the POL patcher. Anyone know of a up to date mirror for patch files ?