Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Sorry but the beginning of episode 16 was literally art.

Even if the entire series goes to hell, this will always be remembered. Literally Celestial Being: The Movie.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ka0 posted:

Really not digging the new thread title.

Just looking at it makes me cringe.

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

Ka0 posted:

Really not digging the new thread title.

Could be better.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Drop the brackets and its perfect.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Fair enough, I was really reaching with it anyway.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Should rip off the One Punch thread and title it

The Meijin of Gunpla has descended and the Moon just blew the gently caress up

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Muteki Seigi no Yuusha Tryon 3 vs jigen haoh.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

I don't get this one.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

quote:

BlitzBlast wrote on Jan 30, 2015 09:48:
Through the power of democracy, and/or joker's remorse (is that a thing? I guess that's a thing), could you change the BFT title again? Just drop the part in parenthesis.

Once again, thanks.

I guess I should have been more specific.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Sorry to say, it's still a pretty gross and obtuse title :shobon:

What's the reference to?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

No, he read my PM wrong (or decided to be cheeky) and used my intro to the PM as the title instead of dropping the parenthesis in the original title change.

Anyways, the show has improved significantly lately so I'd say it deserves a new title. I'm still partial to LEEEEEET'S TRYYYYYY OOOOOON, but we may as well follow the thread title's lead. Pick something and I'll PM Beef Waifu about it tomorrow.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
The sheer majesty of Try On 3 means I'm still partial to that thread title. We had the Amazing title before so maybe let's not go for something meijin related.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Artum posted:

The sheer majesty of Try On 3 means I'm still partial to that thread title. We had the Amazing title before so maybe let's not go for something meijin related.

Or we could do both with "TRYON IS FREEDOM!"

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Gundam Build Fighters Try - Meijinger Z vs TryOn 3, GUNPLA IS FREEDOM!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
This thread would look better with a shield...

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So, next episode they're going to fight Huey, Dewey and Louie in an haunted castle? That's cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjWqBPSk3nA

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Someone tell me what the BFT title thing he's talking about is so I can put it back up.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I like this one.

Quad Cape
Dec 24, 2012
Gundam Build Fighters Try - No matter how hard you try, your gunpla is ash

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I just like GUNPLA IS FREEDOM!

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Best character best episode best quote. I like it.

TARDISman posted:

Or that. That's good too.

Suzaku fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 30, 2015

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

TARDISman posted:

Keeping it simple is good.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Gundam Build Fighters Try - Meijinger Z vs TryOn 3, :GUNPLA IS FREEDOM!

Rolls off the tongue and riffs on Ponies.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

TARDISman posted:

This has my vote. Simple and newcomers won't truly understand it until they get to this weeks episode.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET'S

TRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

OOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNN!

Also, yeah, go with "GUNPLA IS FREEDOM!" for the subtitle for the thread.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Is there a point to the thread title combining? Not At All.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Ethiser posted:

Also I'm loving how much this show and Build Fighters are using the new 1/144 Crossbone as an excuse to give us pirate Gundams.

I kind of wish they'd use the chance to give us something besides pirate Gundams. Ninja Gundams, Cowboy Gundams, Geisha Gundams, Redcoat Gundams, Shaolin Gundams and so on would be nice too. I realize there's already a non-manga ninja and wrestler Gundam thanks to AGE, but there's several Pirate Gundams now and I'd like to see them try more stuff personally. Then again, I have the same complaint with Acguy/Bearguy - they're cute and cool, but the original series alone has several other cute looking units that could be modified easily to make something fun besides yet another Bearguy. Various manga and modders have shown that you can make some great stuff out other series' oddball units like the Baund Doc, Asshimar and so on.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
If the Try On 3 never makes it to a SRW title, videogames have failed forever.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
If we can't just have SIX times the passion, then:

Gundam Build Fighters Try - Dare I say... GUNPLA IS FREEDOM!

e: This was a really good episode. These have all been really good episodes. All hail our lord and savior, Meijin Kawaguchi III.

So I know gently caress all about Japanese save what anime has taught me, but are the parts of Tryon 3 really named Land, Sea, and Air Tryon? Because that is fantastic. :allears:

e2: Revised title; I misremembered the quote.

Zwingley fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 30, 2015

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

OneDeadman posted:

If the Try On 3 never makes it to a SRW title, videogames have failed forever.

If there's one thing that I've learned from this season, it's that the production team is really gearing up for an absolutely insane SRW appearance from Build Fighters as a whole. Tryon 3 will definitely show, along with most of the major suits from season 1 (Pretty much the entirety of the participants in the final battle) and this season'll have Team Try Fighters, Gyanko, maybe the Gunpla Academy as secrets. I just really want to see it cross with regular series so everyone reacts to their Gundams getting customized.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The big problem is how the hell do you cross BF with regular series without totally screwing up the show's tone?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

TARDISman posted:

If there's one thing that I've learned from this season, it's that the production team is really gearing up for an absolutely insane SRW appearance from Build Fighters as a whole. Tryon 3 will definitely show, along with most of the major suits from season 1 (Pretty much the entirety of the participants in the final battle) and this season'll have Team Try Fighters, Gyanko, maybe the Gunpla Academy as secrets. I just really want to see it cross with regular series so everyone reacts to their Gundams getting customized.

I'm just imagining Setsuna's reaction upon seeing the Exia Dark Matter, and it is glorious. :allears:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

BlitzBlast posted:

The big problem is how the hell do you cross BF with regular series without totally screwing up the show's tone?

They all know it's a game or it's a game they're playing.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm not sure whether Setsuna or Graham meeting Yuuki would be funnier.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Zwingley posted:

So I know gently caress all about Japanese save what anime has taught me, but are the parts of Tryon 3 really named Land, Sea, and Air Tryon? Because that is fantastic. :allears:

Yeah, they really hammered it home with that.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

chumbler posted:

I'm not sure whether Setsuna or Graham meeting Yuuki would be funnier.

Setsuna: :stonk:

Graham: :syoon:

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 30, 2015

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Heero: "...I cannot allow the aliens to capture Zero. I must activate the self-destruct and kill myself."

Yuuki: "You fool! You must feel the firy heat of GUNPLA PASSION burning within you! Gunpla is not emo! GUNPLA IS FREEDOM!"

Amuro: "Gunpla?! But the fate of the world...!"

Yuuki: "Idiots! This is a game! Stop taking it so seriously! Nobody is going to die!"

Katz: :suicide:

Yuuki: "Well, nobody anyone cares about, at least. FIGHT ON, GUNDAMS!"

e: premature epostulation

Suzaku fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 30, 2015

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah, they'd be breaking the 4th wall but just in regards to gundams. They'd be completely baffled at all the non gundam things.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah, they'd be breaking the 4th wall but just in regards to gundams. They'd be completely baffled at all the non gundam things.

I think Basara and Sekai would get along quite well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Bloody Pom posted:

I'm just imagining Setsuna's reaction upon seeing the Exia Dark Matter, and it is glorious. :allears:
Someone already got that taken care of way back during season 1 (translated version below, obviously):

Re: SRW: All I want is for the Try Fighters to see Domon and Master Asia punting a skyscraper, followed by Yuuma and Fumina telling Sekai "NO."

• Locked thread