Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Eonwe posted:

we should sound the horn of goondor for tomorow night and get back into the game

I have a pretty solid crew and am going to get them to switch to requiem. How deep are you guys rolling usually?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FormerFatty posted:

I have a pretty solid crew and am going to get them to switch to requiem. How deep are you guys rolling usually?

glutt! hi there, haven't seen you in a while

um, I actually haven't played in around a week, I'm not sure what the activity is like

I think most of us were waiting for loot to be fixed but at the time we had 10-15, probably less currently

maybe we could switch to your server, what are you on?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Lirik is an ok streamer but he plays whatever he wants in his own schedule but it usually includes a few hours of h1z1. Summit bounces between csgo and h1z1 and is pretty decent too. Summit usually plays with a large group while lirik is either alone or with one buddy.

You can find their vods but again, they play more than one game so you have to search the spots where they are playing it.

Thank you but I'm a nightcrawler. I guess VODs are something though.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

FormerFatty posted:

You can usually find a few dudes lurking in Mumble at any given moment. I've teamed up with 2-3 other goons on Requiem the past few nights, but I've been playing fairly early so I suspect more people get on later.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Won my first Battle Royale last night inadvertently without seeing anyone the whole round or even firing a bullet.

I landed my parachute in the forest and ran in a random direction, coming across a border town near one of the newb spawn areas. There was literally no one around so I looted the whole area (gas stations and houses) for a whole load out of guns, medkits and a car.

Then the gas came and I drove away from it towards the centre of the map and hid in a bush for awhile until it came up on me again so I drove further but my car rolled and blew up. I ended up in a log cabin with about 6 people remaining in the round and the gas swamping the whole map. So I laid low in my cabin and spammed medkits until it was me and someone else I hadn't seen and the game ended after a 30 second timer. So, joint winners! :D

Ark posted:

It'll turn white automatically when there is room to queue you for a server. Click it then wait 30 minutes to hopefully get in if the client doesn't poo poo itself.
The queue is for that specific server though, so you should cancel out of it because that game could take forever to restart. A much quicker way is to just keep the server list with Batter up top, then you can see the BR servers as they become available. Then you have to join in under 10 seconds or you miss out. You shouldn't have to wait any longer than 5 minutes to get a game, atleast I rarely do.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Lirik is an ok streamer but he plays whatever he wants in his own schedule but it usually includes a few hours of h1z1. Summit bounces between csgo and h1z1 and is pretty decent too. Summit usually plays with a large group while lirik is either alone or with one buddy.

You can find their vods but again, they play more than one game so you have to search the spots where they are playing it.

I check in on Summit once in a blue moon if there's no one else to watch, but it's kind of hard to stomach him sitting there for 2 hours waiting on servers to come up, and make actual 'stop wasting my time' type noises when a $200 donation comes in and he has to read it.

The man is being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, to play video games and call people names

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Sappo569 posted:

I check in on Summit once in a blue moon if there's no one else to watch, but it's kind of hard to stomach him sitting there for 2 hours waiting on servers to come up, and make actual 'stop wasting my time' type noises when a $200 donation comes in and he has to read it.

The man is being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, to play video games and call people names

Living the dream.

I've started playing Battle Royale exclusively. It's really easy to get top 10.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sappo569 posted:

summit is married to a hot babe and one time I donated to him telling him he was the luckiest person alive and to not stop the dream

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Anime Curator posted:

summit is married to a hot babe and one time I donated to him telling him he was the luckiest person alive and to not stop the dream

The terrorists won.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

If Battle Royale was 3x faster it would be perfect. The beginning and end of the game is really, really fun, but there is a 25 minute part in the middle where I have to alt-tab and watch TV or whatever because there is almost zero risk.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

a slime posted:

If Battle Royale was 3x faster it would be perfect. The beginning and end of the game is really, really fun, but there is a 25 minute part in the middle where I have to alt-tab and watch TV or whatever because there is almost zero risk.
It feels like it takes too long for the gas to pop up, given how fast everyone can get geared in the game it should pop up way faster.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

First really lame thing to happen: running into a "quarantine" zone, being told to return, but apparently being given only 5 seconds to do so with no indication of what direction that is.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Any word on an update/patch to fix campfires and grills? While camping static campfires and killing players is fun, I would like to be able to build my own on occasion.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006

Eonwe posted:

glutt! hi there, haven't seen you in a while

um, I actually haven't played in around a week, I'm not sure what the activity is like

I think most of us were waiting for loot to be fixed but at the time we had 10-15, probably less currently

maybe we could switch to your server, what are you on?

Yea Ive beeen playing non MMOs(CS:GO and LoL) but couldnt resist at what appears to be the best rear end in a top hat simulator since UO. My crew is on Blackout -- Ill try to hop in mumble this weekend to see whats poppin. Do you guys have a base setup at all or just gear up and kill(it is an Alpha)

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

FormerFatty posted:

Yea Ive beeen playing non MMOs(CS:GO and LoL) but couldnt resist at what appears to be the best rear end in a top hat simulator since UO. My crew is on Blackout -- Ill try to hop in mumble this weekend to see whats poppin. Do you guys have a base setup at all or just gear up and kill(it is an Alpha)

There's a PGS thread. The base is more of a deathtrap than a resource, but it's fun.

MrJayIsAGoon
Oct 11, 2002

Just some guy... On the internet.
P-P-P-PATCH NOTES:

H1Z1 servers will come down at 12:00PM Pacific for roughly 2 hours.
Patch Notes:
•Battle Royale: Pressing “M” brings up a map
•Fixed a few client crash cases
•Adjusted zombie behavior from airdrops
•Loot spawn adjustments
•The satchel has a new model and icon
•IEDs and Punji Sticks will no longer damage players on PvE servers
•Gameplay tips have been added to the death screen message.
•Battle Royale: Made some improvements to the gas visuals and movement
•Battle Royale: Fixed an issue where players would start in green gas
•The makeshift bow now has a unique model.
•Modified campfires, BBQ, and furnace so that they should perform better under heavy load.
•The wrench now has a wrench model
•The repair hammer and repair wrench now repair structures or vehicles on each combo swing instead of the just the first one.
•The starter belt pouch now has a 2 second shred timer (it was instant before).
•Furnaces now take damage/decay and can be repaired with hammers.
•Increased server stability.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Decaying furnaces? Fun police cracking down.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

quote:

•Gameplay tips have been added to the death screen message.

•The repair hammer and repair wrench now repair structures or vehicles on each combo swing instead of the just the first one.

:lol:

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

UbiquitousFiend posted:

P-P-P-PATCH NOTES:

H1Z1 servers will come down at 12:00PM Pacific for roughly 2 hours.
Patch Notes:

•IEDs and Punji Sticks will no longer damage players on PvE servers

Hide yo kids, hide yo shacks, the axe man is comin

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
pretty good patch

goons should play tonight

lets all come back

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Eonwe posted:

pretty good patch

lets all come back

Destroy All Furnaces

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

Eonwe posted:

pretty good patch

lets all come back

Been gone for a bit. What did the patch entail? They fix the hacking issue and instant respawn?

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Did they fix the process kill to keep your stuff yet?

e: yeah what he said

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

shankerz posted:

Been gone for a bit. What did the patch entail? They fix the hacking issue and instant respawn?

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

No. Of course not. That's what I'm assuming, at least, since they didn't say anything.

E: Just kidding, it's totally fixed. And by fixed I mean Smedley frowned really hard, stamped his feet, and threatened to ban anyone breaking the rules. Everything's definitely all better now.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 31, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
well I'm just going to have shadowplay on and send vids to SOE of people doing it if/when it happens since they are apparently going to take it seriously even though it'd be nice if it were just..you know fixed

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Eonwe posted:

well I'm just going to have shadowplay on and send vids to SOE of people doing it if/when it happens since they are apparently going to take it seriously even though it'd be nice if it were just..you know fixed

As long as people are willing to pay 10 bucks a month for hacks there will always be people who circumvent most anti-hack methods.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Michaellaneous posted:

As long as people are willing to pay 10 bucks a month for hacks there will always be people who circumvent most anti-hack methods.

this is just about them fixing people being able to kill the process to come back with all their loot, not about hacking

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Eonwe posted:

this is just about them fixing people being able to kill the process to come back with all their loot, not about hacking

Oh sorry, did not realize you were talking about combat loggers.
Yeah that poo poo is just annoying.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
yeah if they didn't fix the duping and combat log duping, i can't really justify playing.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I'm hoping they fix whatever makes my cpu and gpu run at over 80°C when I play it. It's like every fan in my system is screaming at me. Meanwhile I'm running Dying Light on max settings and it makes barely a peep.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003

Fanatic posted:

Won my first Battle Royale last night inadvertently without seeing anyone the whole round or even firing a bullet.

This is the reason why the entire Battle Royale gametype is flawed in my opinion. There needs to be more forced interactions with other players. The idea of the gas is to essentially push people closer together but even then that's still not enough sometimes. I'm not faulting you, because honestly the best way to win the game is to avoid combat but I think the idea needs to be improved upon.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

SuicideSnowman posted:

This is the reason why the entire Battle Royale gametype is flawed in my opinion. There needs to be more forced interactions with other players. The idea of the gas is to essentially push people closer together but even then that's still not enough sometimes. I'm not faulting you, because honestly the best way to win the game is to avoid combat but I think the idea needs to be improved upon.

Yeah, the flaws and glaringly obvious. Map is far too large and gas comes way too late are probably the biggest two things.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

UbiquitousFiend posted:

this is bULLSHIT

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Blazing Zero posted:

yeah if they didn't fix the duping and combat log duping, i can't really justify playing.

Same. Literally every time I got the drop on someone who was all geared up they just process-killed and popped back up somewhere. One time three of us carefully ambushed a group of players only to have them do that 5 times to try and save their gear. It's just dumb.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wvp2JGwdI8&feature=youtu.be

lmao

Shadefyre
Jan 6, 2010

SuicideSnowman posted:

Maybe an exploding collar that forces players to kill another player within 5-10 minutes or it kills them? Twenty four hours is a bit unreasonable to force interaction for the gametype, and 5-10 minutes seems like a good enough amount of time to find someone in the zone.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
loot seems to be fixed and killed a few geared players who didn't immediately come back

so either at least some people are scared of being banned or maybe they patched that? doubt it on the patch but still issue seems to be better

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

This game is fun if you have a group to play with A+ would recommend

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I just blasted about 5 nerds in the town near goontopia. A guy on the way there, a dude at Romero's, couple of guys in the streets, and then two guys in a random house. Very satisfying. Shotguns are the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

vandalism posted:

Shotguns are the best.

Except in BR, they suck when everyone else has AR15's.

• Locked thread