Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The only reason folks would hate brad is because they hate themselves, and see them in him. rofl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I like Dan but he's that annoying board game player that complains the entire game that he's the underdog, but in actuality it's really close and he ends up winning.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

he's competitive and good at games whereas the rest of the crew is bad at games and mask that by pretending they don't care

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i like that jason digs fighting games

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Dont bully me! posted:

he's competitive and good at games whereas the rest of the crew is bad at games and mask that by pretending they don't care

Dan (and to a lesser extent Vinny) are the only ones that seem to actually enjoy videogames. Brad and Jeff are constantly negative about drat near everything, but Jeff's pretty funny so I can tolerate him. When I'm listening to the bombcast or watching most of their content it just seems like those two don't want to be there, or are at best apathetic. It's like, why are they even working in the industry if they find it boring and terrible? I'd imagine it's because they have no other option, which just makes them even angrier. That's way more words than I needed to type about those guys, it's just frustrating as a listener I guess.

Edit: Forgot about Jason. Jason's pretty cool.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
itd be cool if jeff finally goes to evo like he keeps saying he wants to because of jason

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

on the topic about dudes who are into fighting games and not jaded as poo poo about video games, the super best friends have a pretty good podcast!

Verisimilidude posted:

Dan regarding RE1: I know you only get so many inventory slots but I want to carry literally everything I don't need at all times and therefore it's a bad mechanic.

He's right, inventory juggling sucks. Limited inventory is good at forcing you to make choices about what to carry and adding tension, but if it literally just fuels the player to do tons of back tracking or swaping things in out of a stash, it's pretty dumb.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Oxyclean posted:

on the topic about dudes who are into fighting games and not jaded as poo poo about video games, the super best friends have a pretty good podcast!

He's right, inventory juggling sucks. Limited inventory is good at forcing you to make choices about what to carry and adding tension, but if it literally just fuels the player to do tons of back tracking or swaping things in out of a stash, it's pretty dumb.

RE1 is awful with this. I agree with Dan about wanting to keep a gun/ammo/knife/ink ribbon at bare minimum on you at all times. If they took out ink ribbons and let you save whenever I think the inventory problem (for Jill at least) would be pretty much gone. Chris on the other hand...

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Oxyclean posted:

You can play the game from start to finish without ever backtracking? Also the knife is practically pointless (except the one time you need it) since you don't need to kill everything in your path, you rarely need more than one gun on you at a time, and lol at going out of your way to save.

Also Brad getting mad at video games reminds me of when I was a teenager playing fighting games and there was this one guy who would always bitch and complain about every little thing and generally be a sour puss.

Verisimilidude fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jan 30, 2015

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

That's hilarious because in the latest podcast Brad made a point of saying he's learned that Mario Party is bullshit so this year he's just going to not give a gently caress and have fun.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Also Dan has never eaten a mushroom.

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Wooo look at those upcoming videos I am excited because I like giant bomb!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I hadn't had a mushroom until recently but now I like them a lot.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i want a video of dan eating a dozen foods he's never had mixed together

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Epic Dan: WTF is a brocolli?!
GB fans 2k15: You know, if Dan wasn't as epic as he is, I'd of think he was from Gamergate.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Epic Dan: WTF is a brocolli?!
GB fans 2k15: You know, if Dan wasn't as epic as he is, I'd of think he was from Gamergate.

Ahahahahah!

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
brad at games

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I like Rorie. the giant bomb underdog

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
Giant Bomb died with Ryan.

Vinnie poured his own enthusiasm into Giant Bomb's necrotic void until moving across the country to be Alex's roommate looked like an escape to him.

Dan's positivity is the best thing to happen to GB in years and he is absolutely vital for them to maintain an audience going forward.

Also, I hate Dan because he's a loving goddamn idiot.

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Shut the gently caress up.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

Shut the gently caress up.

he's right though

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i said it before, i will say it again

if it wasn't for video games dan would have destroy us

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

he's right though

you've needed to shut up for a while now

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

you've needed to shut up for a while now

lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

the guy who only posts in the Imp Zone Giant Bomb thread who also sounds like a 10 year old just pwnt the poo poo out of me

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

I'M SO MUCH OLDER THAN 10

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the guy who only posts in the Imp Zone Giant Bomb thread

holy crap

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Machai posted:

holy crap

l m f a o

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Machai posted:

holy crap

omfg lmao

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

dan is epic, and so is this post history.

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

I feel like I'm being picked on here

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

Machai posted:

holy crap

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Radish posted:

I like Dan but he's that annoying board game player that complains the entire game that he's the underdog, but in actuality it's really close and he ends up winning.
I'm on my Wii U so I can't be arsed to find a picture of Jackie Chan but come on man. Really?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

FutonForensic posted:

if you're premium, first one and second one.

if not, highlight reel for the first one and second one

Thank you, laugh angel.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I like the part in the first vid when Brad fully devolves into his true baby form after Drew takes his star.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I wish I had a screenshot of the frame in the GOTY Aftermath or whatever video it was called where he looks 100% like a bearded baby.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
brad put on like 20 pounds between mario party 2 and 3

it's kinda hard to go right from one to the next

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Liquid Penguins posted:

brad put on like 20 pounds between mario party 2 and 3

it's kinda hard to go right from one to the next

It's going to be extremely awesome when he's like 370 pounds and reveals himself as having been Ryan Davis all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The epic move Dan does near the end is some poo poo.