Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Aurain posted:

The World always had it, it's a lot bigger there than it usually is.

"Holy Diver... you've been down too long in the midnight sea."

Yeah, all of JoJo is actually just based on the song Holy Diver, which you can see plainly if you read my 20 page thesis on it.

Little preview for ya: "The Vision Never Dies/Life's A Never-Ending Wheel!" is about Pucci.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dah dah dah dah dadada daaaah daaah is actually how Araki thought of Heaven.

But the scuba tanks are likely a nod to Holy Diver, jokes aside.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Aurain posted:

Lots of Iggy filler this week apparently, and it doesn't end with the cliff hanger you'd assume it would have done.

This is actually what I expected the cliffhanger to be, personally.

Were you expecting things to end with Polnareff taking out the sword?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

This is actually what I expected the cliffhanger to be, personally.

Were you expecting things to end with Polnareff taking out the sword?

I was expecting it to be a few pages later, where Polnareff is getting overpowered by Khan's Anubis, I think that would have made for a better cliffhanger. But I didn't anticipate all the Iggy filler.

No big deal but it means the next episode will have all the action (except for the Chaka fight).

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Jotaro sure loves his Dolphins.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I expected the cliff hanger to be where the sword starts getting a grip on Polly itself.

Apparently, this is a thing that exists.
http://www.marinewildlife.org/jojoProject.php

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Watching the episode again, my favorite parts are the Chaka fight, pretty well animated and Polnareff's badass pose is pretty cool, and the shaving scene, pretty sinister.

Next week is where it's at though! A single episode should be enough to cover both fights right?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Khan Fight, Commercial Break, Black Polnareff fight.

And then Iggy defeats Anubis by trolling.

Sounds like one episode to me.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Khan Fight, Commercial Break, Black Polnareff fight.

And then Iggy defeats Anubis by trolling.

Sounds like one episode to me.

This going to be one hell of an episode.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

All this new Iggy filler with him being a ladies' dog and funny/adorable as all hell will only make his death infinitely harder. God-drat it, David.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The best episode so far, probably.

And I'm okay with Iggy filler making him have more presence. With the manga, I was just kinda like "Oh, that's a shame." when Iggy died, because he really just sat in the background most of the time.

I like how this girl on Youtube who does anime reviews (Lunar Spiral 1677, I think) pretty much went "Oh wait, Iggy's a dog and this is Jojo. :ohdear:" at the end of his debut.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://www.shonengamez.com/2015/01/29/jojos-bizarre-adventure-eyes-heaven-ps4-demo-now-available-japan-translations-included/

Eyes of Heaven Demo menu translations.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Holly gets sick and Iggy dies. Did Dio also kiss Jotaro's first girlfriend? Because that would be some dedicated trolling. Next-level poo poo.

raspy trashfucker
Jul 5, 2014
what statistic is at each corner of the hexagonal stand rating chart

raspy trashfucker
Jul 5, 2014
nvm i thought this was the anime thread

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

This is legitimately the most confusing thing for me in Stone Ocean.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

This is legitimately the most confusing thing for me in Stone Ocean.

Gravity. The answer is gravity.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Pucci is just very tan.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
As far as I am in Stone Ocean, it seems even less concerned with making sense than anything before it.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
They hanged him because they found out he was half white and half black and was dating a white girl.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Momomo posted:

They hanged him because they found out he was half white and half black and was dating a white girl.

yeah, if he had any black parents the kkk would hate him. one-drop rule was something racists believed in

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Stone Ocean had a lot of stuff that made zero sense. At least the fights and stands were A+.

Also getting Steel Ball Run out of it was a good thing too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The fights were not an A+ in a story where every single Pucci fight exists.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Steel Ball Run has an A+ in facial hair because of Ringo.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Good point. 99% of the fights were A+. You can't say a stand that uses Fung Shui isn't the best poo poo ever.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dragon's Dream is cool, but that fight is not.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I was pretty surprised that Pucci could even go talk to the KKK about that stuff without getting roughed up, to be honest. But I vaguely recall that part, so maybe they came to the church. I don't remember.

And yeah, Dragon's Dream was cool. He messed with his User even more than Thoth.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

The last pucci fight owned even if the first one was basically "the gently caress is happening" and the second was "oh ok I guess foo fighters is dead now"

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

He didn't know they were KKK, I think.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

The last pucci fight owned even if the first one was basically "the gently caress is happening" and the second was "oh ok I guess foo fighters is dead now"

The last Pucci fight is actually the worst, sorry.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cabinet posted:

The last Pucci fight is actually the worst, sorry.

How can you hate Jolyne turning herself into a mobius strip??

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Pucci is just very tan.

Yeah, Pucci isn't black, he's just drawn that way.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
unless you mean just the part where it's everying trying to escape from Pucci up til emporio beats him?

I just group everything that happens in Cape Canaveral together as one fight. The weather report vs pucci fight was cool too with good uses of powers on everyone's part

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

He didn't know they were KKK, I think.

He didn't. I'm just surprised that they didn't attack him for being a black guy that came to see them alone.

Maybe he really is just tan. :psyduck:

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I consider the last Pucci fight to be from when Made In Heaven develops. It's also bad and terrible.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

FirstAidKite posted:

unless you mean just the part where it's everying trying to escape from Pucci up til emporio beats him?

I just group everything that happens in Cape Canaveral together as one fight. The weather report vs pucci fight was cool too with good uses of powers on everyone's part

That fight is the biggest example of why Pucci is an awful villain who never actually loses until he dies.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cabinet posted:

I consider the last Pucci fight to be from when Made In Heaven develops. It's also bad and terrible.

The actual fight itself wasn't that great but I liked the parts where they were just trying desperately to escape and using all their powers together as a clump of stand users sailing through the sky. Also the last bit with Emporio was badass.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

That fight is the biggest example of why Pucci is an awful villain who never actually loses until he dies.

Dude can be an awful villain but I still find entertainment in the fights themselves for one reason or another

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

C-Moon was a cool as hell fight. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Still in the beginning of Part 6 and I swear I was stupid when I first started Stone Ocean because I didn't quite grasp how Hermes's Kiss works. Now I get it and it's super rad.

F.F. is still cool.

That's all I got on Part 6 so far.

• Locked thread