Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Fat Jesus posted:

You can't use just any flatbed to shift those, dummies. You'll need a lowloader, or a crane to get the fucker on and off.
Ok, how about this?

1) Repair, refuel, hotwire tank
2) Drive off in the tank
3) You have a tank.

Point 1 might take a bit of time, ofc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
poo poo 4 axle goose neck with a day cab and a nice big CAT and you might be close to legal

Edit: actually my grandmother told me she might know a guy with a mil surp recovery tow truck...

rex rabidorum vires fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jan 31, 2015

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Computer viking posted:

Ok, how about this?

2) Drive off in the tank
3) You have a tank.

Can you gas up an Abrams at a gas station?

In unrelated news, I thought of a good idea for a prank

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Vengarr posted:

Can you gas up an Abrams at a gas station?

In unrelated news, I thought of a good idea for a prank

Turbines will run on literally anything liquid and combustible.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Turbines will run on literally anything liquid and combustible.

It's time to form up against Mississippi!

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Computer viking posted:

Ok, how about this?

2) Drive off in the tank
3) You have a tank.

step 4: Profit Get shot in the head
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGMoP9srA2c

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

best tank heist EVER. too bad he drove like a scrub. :smug:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Vengarr posted:

That Yamato video was put back up again if you missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MiLYz95MBI

Ichase also just uploaded another video, this one focusing on destroyers and cruisers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFqXn5RJTgc

:duckie: This game will own. :duckie:

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

rockopete posted:

Game hangs at battle loading screen and doesn't display team members. Possible NA-EU issue? I can play NA replays. If anyone else has some teachable 59-16 replays I'd love to see them.

Replays work fine across servers. Have you got mods installed? One of them might somehow be broken.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
In other tank related-news, I had the pleasure of blooping TD42 in his CGC this afternoon. Pretty much made my day!

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
Demon, if you could see the thing I just did to that Hatsuharu...

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Is there a secret to get the weekend client to update? It tells me my version is out of date.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

sarmhan posted:

Is there a secret to get the weekend client to update? It tells me my version is out of date.

Beta weekend clients should only work on the beta weekends, not all weekends. Wait until they call out for another round of testing.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Why did my battle end in a draw when we captured the base? It was a standard battle on Ensk.

I'm kind of annoyed because I was in my Churchill III and thought I had satisfied all the conditions for HT-7. I did 1200 damage and got 3 capture points. We captured the base and the match ended. There were enemy tanks still alive. What am I missing? How is that a draw? They didn't capture.

edit: nevermind, I watched the replay and they did capture. Motherfucker!

Uranium 235 fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jan 31, 2015

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Does anyone have any experience running tanks in portrait mode? I switched my monitor today and got mini-tanks. It's like WoT reversed the aspect ratio for the game graphics, yet all the fonts for text are normal:

t69:

Battle start:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

NotWearingPants posted:

Does anyone have any experience running tanks in portrait mode? I switched my monitor today and got mini-tanks. It's like WoT reversed the aspect ratio for the game graphics, yet all the fonts for text are normal:

t69:

Battle start:

That's adorably cute somehow.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Chibi-chibi T69.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

NotWearingPants posted:

t69:

Battle start:

It's like eggplanes but with tanks.

BRB sending my idea to Hasegawa.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Hah that tiny stout Maus is the best thing. Nice resolution too.

e: wait it's a MiniMaus!

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jan 31, 2015

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
It looks like WoT Blitz.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Is there a NDA for Armored Warfare?

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

NotWearingPants posted:

Settings -> Graphics -> Screen Aspect Ratio ?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

World of Tanks chibi-mode howto:

open %appdata%\wargaming.net\worldoftanks\preferences.xml
locate the <aspectRatio> tag
change <aspectRatio> to a little over 1,5 times what you had before (i went from 1.600000 (16:10) to 2.6)
enjoy

This could probably also be used to run the game in portrait mode but really now just look at that T69 :3:

e: uh, just don't ask me how to get the AR back to something reasonable.
ee: wait, it's fine it's just my expectations that are screwed up from looking at 2,6:1 for too long

Prav fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jan 31, 2015

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

NotWearingPants posted:

t69:

Battle start:

SD Tanks, I love it.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Vaguely remember a GiP poster that drove a Abrams saying tanks don't have keys - they're padlocked from the outside. I wonder if that's always been the case.
In other tank news I saw a goldfraudbot in winter mode.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

Fat Jesus posted:

Vaguely remember a GiP poster that drove a Abrams saying tanks don't have keys - they're padlocked from the outside. I wonder if that's always been the case.
In other tank news I saw a goldfraudbot in winter mode.

Why would you have keys to be able to run a tank?

Tanks are high maintenance at the best of times without adding squaddies loosing keys, damaging keys, damaging the lock, having the wrong key for the tank when the Russians are only ten miles away etc etc.

As tanks should always be under guard when no one is in them just have a button to start them.

Unless you are a defense contractor and want to sell magical key and immobiliser systems for tanks with a damage resistant key all for the low price of $250,000 per tank (using GM or Ford technology).

Also what happens when a bunch of squaddies decide to go to the nearest McDonalds drive through after an exercise in their Scorpion light tanks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMVY7zN4GEc

Viperidae
Feb 7, 2007
Arf!

Chillyrabbit posted:

Beta weekend clients should only work on the beta weekends, not all weekends. Wait until they call out for another round of testing.

It's weird, but I could download and play the alpha client yesterday. I'm only a weekend tester.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Viperidae posted:

It's weird, but I could download and play the alpha client yesterday. I'm only a weekend tester.

Really? Got a link to the alpha client?

Viperidae
Feb 7, 2007
Arf!
Try this: http://worldofwarships.eu/en/cbt/game_download/1

I just download it from the member page. It has gone from being the beta weekend page to having alpha info on it for me. Can't see the alpha forums though and I'm still in the weekend tester group on the forums.

(If it doesn't work for you I can upload the installer somewhere for you)

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

after 10 games i still have yet to unlock mt-2 jesus christ

4300xp loss after modifiers

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

It only took 11 tries but I managed to survive a battle that my team won, only to realize that I didn't get credit for the First loving Mission because I somehow managed to un-start it.

gently caress this loving stupid poo poo game.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Viperidae posted:

I just download it from the member page. It has gone from being the beta weekend page to having alpha info on it for me. Can't see the alpha forums though and I'm still in the weekend tester group on the forums.

Seems they turned you into an alpha tester for some reason.

I played with an NA code for the beta weekend. I get an Error 403: Access denied on the EU link, and if I change it to .com I get Access Restricted.

I don't think I'd be able to log in even if I had the client, but thanks for offering.

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

DonkeyHotay posted:

after 10 games i still have yet to unlock mt-2 jesus christ

4300xp loss after modifiers

I feel your pain. I finally did ht-15 for the t28 concept campaign. Only to lose the game after doing 5k dmg blocking 7k dmg and dieing with 6 friendly tanks at full health left and 4 enemy tanks left that were half life. When I left game thinking this one is in the bag I joined another game only to find out we had lost that game. Thanks secondary mission for screwing me now I must redo this mission :(

Viperidae
Feb 7, 2007
Arf!

PirateBob posted:

Seems they turned you into an alpha tester for some reason.

I played with an NA code for the beta weekend. I get an Error 403: Access denied on the EU link, and if I change it to .com I get Access Restricted.

I don't think I'd be able to log in even if I had the client, but thanks for offering.

I ran into a dev ingame today and asked them about it. I hope they dont remove my access.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

JackDRipper posted:

I feel your pain. I finally did ht-15 for the t28 concept campaign. Only to lose the game after doing 5k dmg blocking 7k dmg and dieing with 6 friendly tanks at full health left and 4 enemy tanks left that were half life. When I left game thinking this one is in the bag I joined another game only to find out we had lost that game. Thanks secondary mission for screwing me now I must redo this mission :(

I hate all the missions where your team needs to win. All the pubbies are whining about the platoon requirements in the "individual missions" but they don't whine about needing your team to win? It isn't like any of them believe that one individual can cause a win\loss.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Computer viking posted:

Ok, how about this?

2) Drive off in the tank
3) You have a tank.

Nothing is impossible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1Z4IOQWNKY

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

This is impressive as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohz9NzpkrQ8

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Viperidae posted:

Confirming that this works. The link for NA is http://worldofwarships.com/en/cbt/game_download/1. You need to be logged in to your Wargaming account before you can download it.

Edit: Holy poo poo the Kitakami! All those torpedoes! :captainpop:

McGavin fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jan 31, 2015

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Viperidae posted:

Someone who isn't in the beta try this and see if it works. I wonder if it's just that they let people with beta access into it or if it's accessible from regular wargaming accounts. I don't have any bandwidth allowance until next month or I'd try it myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

McGavin posted:

Confirming that this works. The link for NA is http://worldofwarships.com/en/cbt/game_download/1. You need to be logged in to your Wargaming account before you can download it.

It didn't work for me. I guess I should have played more than a handful of battles on the weekend. :v:

On the other hand, is the T69 as good as the test server makes it seem to be? My first game in it was 5-kill, 4000 damage :stare:.
I think I'm going to get it whether it is or not.