Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
On the other hand, Bray hits him with his lariat or weird running-but-not-flying crossbody thing and then Taker just never gets back up, and then WrestleMania just ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I'd be cool with Bray/Taker because it lets Taker get a win back and ride off into the sunset, and also brings down Bray, who loving sucks.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Bray and Taker should make very elaborate entrances and then Bray just creams him with a lariat and gets the three right when the bell rings. We're all in it just for the entrances anyways.

Mania is in Texas next year, right? Taker has to be a lock for HOF

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Bray/Taker being a passing of the torch would have been much much better if it built on Bray's undefeated Wrestlemania streak but welp some folks got a legacy to preserve

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
Maybe all of the weird non-endings involving Wyatt last year were leading up to his match with Undertaker?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the crab walk actually looks very silly and i laugh every time he does it in increasingly stupid spots while his opponent has to sell the shock of a man walking upside-down on his hands and feet

remember in that ladder match when he crab walked under the ladder instead of climbing it to get the belt

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Dr. Dirt posted:

Maybe all of the weird non-endings involving Wyatt last year were leading up to his match with Undertaker?

Shame they put Bray against Dean Ambrose and 'Taker against Lesnar, otherwise it could have been billed as winning streak versus losing streak, match of the century right there.

oatgan posted:

the crab walk actually looks very silly and i laugh every time he does it in increasingly stupid spots while his opponent has to sell the shock of a man walking upside-down on his hands and feet

This. They wouldn't be so shocked if they'd pick up DDP Yoga!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

oatgan posted:

remember in that ladder match when he crab walked under the ladder instead of climbing it to get the belt

now if he had crab-walked up the ladder,

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

When Bray crab-walks dropkick him in the goddam face

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Perry Normal posted:

In keeping with the "Dean Ambrose is sleazy" meme, I'm assuming that rule was put into place after someone found Renee looking like the original cover art to Appetite for Destruction.

I think someone mentioned it might be for a Total Divas angle but I obviously don't watch Total Divas.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Court Bauer had an interesting idea on Austin's podcast. As much as they're liking Cesaro/Kidd as a team, he's thinking Cesaro/Neville as a Eurotrash tag team would have a lot of potential, and I agree. Both ridiculously in-shape European guys with a strongman/acrobatic dynamic.

I don't know what Tyson would do though, maybe split off with Rose?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

oatgan posted:

what if he did the Titán hand walk spot

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

Court Bauer had an interesting idea on Austin's podcast. As much as they're liking Cesaro/Kidd as a team, he's thinking Cesaro/Neville as a Eurotrash tag team would have a lot of potential, and I agree. Both ridiculously in-shape European guys with a strongman/acrobatic dynamic.

I think Rose has more upside as a manager for a pair like that than he does in the ring, actually. It solves Vince's (imaginary) problem of Cesaro's talking as well.

The weekly Triple H interview with Cole is up

If nothing else, it's worth watching for the last 30 seconds or so. I have no idea how either man kept a straight face.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

oatgan posted:

That was the second best part of the PPV, after Ambrose making his entrance, entering the ring, and immediately tackling Seth out of the ring.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i'm pissed off about no more main event on the network. i want to see axel vs. rowan!!

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

sticklefifer posted:

I thought the Rose/Cesaro linkup actually made a lot of sense - Cesaro gave that Serious Wrestleman promo, he lost, and in a couple weeks he said "gently caress it" and joined up with the least serious wrestleman on the roster. I like that three man group but I guess it's the kind of thing that's so low profile they could do whatever with it. They'll probably feud with New Day forever because they're the only trios.

Also two words: crabwalk curbstomp

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CubsWoo posted:

Bray/Taker being a passing of the torch would have been much much better if it built on Bray's undefeated Wrestlemania streak but welp some folks got a legacy to preserve

It sure is a shame Bray couldn't be building on an impressive streak of one.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They wouldn't build around it anyway. I don't think they made much of Edge's streak when he wrestled Taker.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Piss in my rear end posted:

i'm pissed off about no more main event on the network. i want to see axel vs. rowan!!

isn't it going to be back in a few months when a contract runs out? i liked Main Event too

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

they brought up Edge's "streak" quite a few times in that build, despite losing the money in the bank match the year before

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alain Post posted:

isn't it going to be back in a few months when a contract runs out? i liked Main Event too

It won't be back until they can put geoblocking in place.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I decided to spend the time I'd have watched raw watching random network poo poo and picked the mania 30 behind the scenes thing.

First 10 minutes all about Connor Michalek and I tear up like a little bitch every time. It's the saddest thing ever :(

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Gaz-L posted:

If nothing else, it's worth watching for the last 30 seconds or so. I have no idea how either man kept a straight face.

Seriously, if you don't get material like that out on the first take, you'll never get it in the can.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Piss in my rear end posted:

Big E just giving a fantastic "what the gently caress are you doing" look at Mizdow while he was beating up Miz during their tag match was great too. Mizdow is amazing to see live.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
So were the documentary cameras rolling during Snowmageddonpocalypse Hartford? I'd be legit interested in a Total Divas episode that's all about the roster playing cards in hotel rooms, braiding each other's hair and Cody Rhodes building his Lego star destroyer

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Bryan's better than the midcard is all I'm saying.
This guy gets it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Umbra Dubium posted:

Seriously, if you don't get material like that out on the first take, you'll never get it in the can.

That's totally not true.

You'll just wish you were dead by the time you get it on take 28. (I actually experienced this on a student film shoot.)

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Gaz-L posted:

Did Trips just imply that he has testicular cancer? :stare:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

BGrifter posted:

Did Trips just imply that he has testicular cancer? :stare:

Well, if he did, he'll deal with it, he'd never turn his back... on his balls.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO

MassRafTer posted:

It sure is a shame Bray couldn't be building on an impressive streak of one.

Beating the Undetaker after John Cena would be pretty freaking impressive.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

they brought up Edge's "streak" quite a few times in that build, despite losing the money in the bank match the year before

Edge won that match, it just took him 36 days to do so.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Re: bray/taker

The Wyatt family kidnapping Kane never really got resolved. Kant showed up and joined the authority, the end.

I always thought its be cool if bray used Kane to take out the authority from the inside cause that'd sorta fit in with his thing about false idols or whatever but

With a Taker match incoming, bray stealing Kanes power or even Rowan taking the actual mask and doing something plot wise with that, well I think that'd be a neat way to tie up an angle from two years ago.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
for v day

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Gaz-L posted:

Well, if he did, he'll deal with it, he'd never turn his back... on his balls.

I think I saw Daniel Bryan make a man turn his back on his balls once in ROH. Looked painful.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

To: Philly

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Daniel Bryan beating someone with the Cattle Mutilation in the year 2015 would be pretty cool.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

Beating the Undetaker after John Cena would be pretty freaking impressive.

It would be but given they went under the impression that last year could be Undertaker's final match it would be silly to go forward with that plan. John Cena is still their biggest star and they treat him as such. That feud wasn't ruined by the Wrestlemania outcome.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

MassRafTer posted:

It would be but given they went under the impression that last year could be Undertaker's final match it would be silly to go forward with that plan. John Cena is still their biggest star and they treat him as such. That feud wasn't ruined by the Wrestlemania outcome.

Nope. It was ruined when they switched directions going into Extreme Rules and had a cage match so bad that both men looked like gigantic dorks.

At least the LMS was a good match.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Sockser posted:

With a Taker match incoming, bray stealing Kanes power or even Rowan taking the actual mask and doing something plot wise with that, well I think that'd be a neat way to tie up an angle from two years ago.

Bray fusing with Kane to take down Cell Undertaker would be appropriately cartoonish for the feud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.
I like Bray Wyatt and I'll be happy if he has a wrestlemania feud where he doesn't end up looking like a giant ineffectual dork after it's over.

• Locked thread