UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

AgentSythe posted:

That's a mashup (a few posted end-to-end, in fact) of quotes by that bastion of liberal enlightenment and noted king idiot fucker Bill Maher.

That's what I had figured, but it was so batshit crazy to read that I felt like I was going to give myself an aneurysm trying to figure it out.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

lightpole posted:

I saw someone try to turn a discussion on vaccines into this and was totally confused. That's a pretty large leap where the gently caress did that come from and why would people want to spend billions to secure the border even more when just offering a vaccine for free would be so much cheaper and effective?

Already up to date with my polio. Thanks Pakistan you smegma filled trashcan.

It's not about securing the border in as much as they (the illegals) shouldn't have been disbursed into the US like they were - which allowed the crap we've had eradicated for decades to make a comeback. Conspiranuts say that and shipping ebola people all over the US (Atlanta, New York, Nebraska) rather than centralizing the infected was the gubmint and big pharma trying to infect people thus pharmas making money on vaccines.

She's not against illegals, per se, just the government spreading them out with their dirty diseases to get everyone else sick.

And as much as I hate to say it, I kind of agree with her.

Maybe it's me. I'm the :tinfoil: guy.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Want to see NYPD rolling around in technicals.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't really approve of unvaccinated people regardless of the source. Hell, make a program for undocumented people to get their shots no questions asked for all I care. Having poo poo like whooping cough, measles and loving POLIO be at risk is unacceptable period.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I was having an okay day, then I read this thread. God drat I loving hate anti-vaxxers. loving lynch every single one of them. loving retards.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
It's loving cheap, too.

My immigration physical was 120 bucks or something, included all the shots, and a chest x-ray for TB.

And my first experience with turn your head and cough.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Yep, if they blame it on "Big Pharma" they're far left, if it's the government, they're far right. It even keeps some people from getting their loving dogs rabies shots and animal control having to take them away. Essentially, some people are too dumb to live

I have heard a far far left person blame the government first. They circled back around to payments from big pharma, but they were mad as gently caress at big government.

That person also had serious :tinfoil: issues too.

lightpole posted:

You know who else are anti vaccination? That's right, terrorists.

To be fair.... Didn't the CIA use a vaccination program to hunt down terrorist, or drug dealers, or someone they didn't like?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Genocide Tendency posted:

To be fair.... Didn't the CIA use a vaccination program to hunt down terrorist, or drug dealers, or someone they didn't like?

Are you sure you're not thinking of Spy Game?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Are you sure you're not thinking of Spy Game?

Nope...

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/lasting-fallout-fake-vaccination-programs/story?id=23795483

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...081a_story.html

That was what I was thinking of.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

CBC Radio has been talking about ISIS negotiating with Jordan to get that pilot back in exchange for some Iraqi woman.

We're pretty sure he's dead, right?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Mike-o posted:

I was having an okay day, then I read this thread. God drat I loving hate anti-vaxxers. loving lynch every single one of them. loving retards.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Why is the parent worried if some kid gets measles if their kid is vaccinated

You can't vaccinate at birth.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/28/health/measles-antivaxxers/index.html

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

What if the protesters are terrorists?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp7ihY2aAaY

Just imagine a bunch of OWS hippies down there.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

At least post the right version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPGyt3ZDv2Y

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Genocide Tendency posted:

I have heard a far far left person blame the government first. They circled back around to payments from big pharma, but they were mad as gently caress at big government.

That person also had serious :tinfoil: issues too.

To be fair.... Didn't the CIA use a vaccination program to hunt down terrorist, or drug dealers, or someone they didn't like?

You think they would've kept the Intel gathering method a secret.
But instead it was "Oh let's tell everyone exactly how we ran old boy down..."

As far as the vaxx thing, I have a 4 month old who CAN'T get the MMR until he is 12 months. So for the next 8 months I have to worry about him coming into contact with some hippie fucktards whose little poo poo-noodle is a plague carrier.
I live in WA state so plenty of those fuckers to go around.
Had to canx a trip to Cali to visit the wife's family so they could meet my little dude.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow

Dingleberry posted:

You think they would've kept the Intel gathering method a secret.
But instead it was "Oh let's tell everyone exactly how we ran old boy down..."

As far as the vaxx thing, I have a 4 month old who CAN'T get the MMR until he is 12 months. So for the next 8 months I have to worry about him coming into contact with some hippie fucktards whose little poo poo-noodle is a plague carrier.
I live in WA state so plenty of those fuckers to go around.
Had to canx a trip to Cali to visit the wife's family so they could meet my little dude.

Yeah, the administration went little too far with the post-touchdown endzone dance after we wasted Osama.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The 54 nations of the African Union just elected Robert Mugabe president.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

The 54 nations of the African Union just elected Robert Mugabe president.

Countdown to Africa-wide famine.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

not emptyquoting

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i got 2 anthrax shots before it became optional.

we lost 6 people on pre-deployment who refused it beforehand. they got OTH I think.

we also had 3 sudden pregnancies, 2 people who had braces who couldn't get them off, and one person booted for showing up to AT with no uniforms, no gear, and a duffel bag with 1 black sock in it. when we were flying out to Colorado for two weeks of wargame bs.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

no uniforms, no gear, and a duffel bag with 1 black sock in it

least he brought his happy sock

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

It wasn't ever easy, there's a lot of resistance up in the tribal belt because it undermines the power of local big men if whitey comes in and starts wiping out disease. Then those worthless spooks at the CIA couldn't help themselves and just had to use a vaccination program as cover for going after bin Laden. After that, the Taliban just painted every doctor with a needle as a CIA stooge and any hope of getting in to vaccinate kids was lost.

Not just that, but they (or someone) had to leak it immediately too to get in on that we got bin laden hype, leaving the complicit doctor in Pakistan to get arrested and tortured.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Boko Haram to use goats, cows, donkeys and camels as suicide bombers:

quote:

Nigerian Islamist militant group Boko Haram is plotting to use cattle as suicide bombers, officials have said.

Nigerian authorities also suspect that the extremist group, which aims at establishing an Islamic caliphate in the country, is preparing dozens of suicide bombers to carry out large-scale attacks.

Mike Omer, coordinator of the National Information Centre, said: "Available intelligence reports indicate a plan by Boko Haram to use young male suicide bombers disguised as cobblers to hide explosives in their tool boxes and detonate them on soft target areas such as markets, restaurants, ATM locations, political rallies, worship centres as well as other public places," according to Nigeria's Vanguard daily.

"Also, there is indication of a plan by this group to use livestock such as, goats, cows, donkeys and camels laden with explosives to attack chosen targets."

Must be running low on children to use their wives and girlfriends like that.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Nice! posted:

The 54 nations of the African Union just elected Robert Mugabe president.

They just had to one up Greece didn't they?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

orange juche posted:

least he brought his happy sock

Pack light, essentials only.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Vasudus posted:

I don't really approve of unvaccinated people regardless of the source. Hell, make a program for undocumented people to get their shots no questions asked for all I care. Having poo poo like whooping cough, measles and loving POLIO be at risk is unacceptable period.

This would be the best solution but mention giving undocumented immigrants free shots and a lot of people lose their poo poo.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

lightpole posted:

This would be the best solution but mention giving undocumented immigrants free shots and a lot of people lose their poo poo.

they already get free shots

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

The 54 nations of the African Union just elected Robert Mugabe president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1EX--vdxh4

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

lightpole posted:

This would be the best solution but mention giving undocumented immigrants free shots and a lot of people lose their poo poo.

They do in some places - I lived in a ridiculously poor central valley county and the one guaranteed social program funding-wise was free vaccinations, and it was well used. The problem isn't immigrants, it's retarded people here not getting their kids vaccinated and the fraud British Doctor (Wakefield) who falsified research in order to prove that mercury in vaccines was a problem so he could sell his replacement.

At least in CA it's a loving crazy cross-section of the populace (wealthy coastal folks, Sierra Nevada foothills suburb/exurbs, poorer mountain communities). The southern portion of the central valley is where most of the migrant labor are (and their kids), and they actually have generally OK vaccination rates, especially considering that they are largely dirt poor.

(by county) http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/education/article4398622.html
(by school district and map over time) http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/01/27/californias-epidemic-of-vaccine-denial-mapped/

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Can't wait for the NYPD officer manning the anti-protest death machine to accidentally open fire into the crowd of anti-vaxxers who find a place in NYC to protest the MMR shot.

orange juche posted:

(BTW it's been repeatedly proven there's no link between autism spectrum disorder and vaccination, autism susceptibility is genetic)

Poor Jenny McCarthy's going to be disappointed if/when she finally realizes her genes aren't perfect.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Good news, everyone! Backlash succeeded!

Article: NYPD: Fine, Maybe We Won't Police Protests With Machine Guns
From: Gothamist
Date: Jan 30, 2015 5:19 pm

quote:

Yesterday, Police Commissioner Bratton announced plans for a new anti-terrorism program which would empower a team of NYPD officers to roam around the city carrying machine guns. He said that the 350 cop unit, called The Strategic Response Group, would be dedicated to "disorder control and counterterrorism protection capabilities," which would be used to investigate and combat terrorist plots and your garden variety political protests. But the NYPD has now walked that last bit back today after a fiery backlash.

According to the Daily News, Chief of Department James O’Neill made the announcement today at a press conference after an NYPD promotions ceremony. "They will not be involved in handling protests and demonstrations. They'll have no role in protests. Their response is single-fold. They'll be doing counter-terror work. They’ll be assigned to different posts throughout the city."

Here's hoping they mean it.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.
Right up until some dirty hippie lights up a joint.

Then the hippie will be 'funding terrorism' and the NYPD will be able to fire Predator drone launched Hellfires into the protest!

The military gets to get rid of old Hellfires and Predators, the corps get to sell more Hellfires, and America is infected by one less hippie!

It's Win/Win/Win!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
How about they just fund the regular cops better instead of funneling money off into some bullshit program that effectively will never be used.

NY is not special just because of 9/11 and shouldn't have its own private CT force, this poo poo is ridiculous.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

ded posted:

How about they just fund the regular cops better instead of funneling money off into some bullshit program that effectively will never be used.

Then how are those fat fucks who 'totally would have joined the military but...' and 'totally once thought about going into the recruiter's office' get their IRL CoD on?

Won't you think about the fragile self-image of those poor NYPD?

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Nostalgia4ColdWar posted:

Then how are those fat fucks who 'totally would have joined the military but...' and 'totally once thought about going into the recruiter's office' get their IRL CoD on?

Won't you think about the fragile self-image of those poor NYPD?

honestly working in the lovely nyc neighborhoods is prolly way more dangerous than anything 95% of the military does (especially our Proud Cold War Vets)

BUT THE NUKES MAN, THEY COULDVE BEEN LAUNCHED

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

justice4trayvawn posted:

honestly working in the lovely nyc neighborhoods is prolly way more dangerous than anything 95% of the military does (especially our Proud Cold War Vets)

BUT THE NUKES MAN, THEY COULDVE BEEN LAUNCHED

I'll agree with that.

gently caress being a cop, I'd rather sit in the barracks and play with my dick rather than walk a beat in some shithole.

I know I didn't do poo poo the entire time I was in that was even slightly dangerous.

Still, gotta wonder what the gently caress their new CT TF can do that SWAT couldn't do.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Nostalgia4ColdWar posted:

Still, gotta wonder what the gently caress their new CT TF can do that SWAT couldn't do.

they can funnel off more money is what they can do

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

ded posted:

they can funnel off more money is what they can do

Which means that every other city is going to follow suit to get in on that sweet sweet counter-terrorism money.

Except Detriot, they'll try to form a TF and everything will get stolen and sold to those enemies of America, Canada.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Pretend I linked the shim post about NYC being a city-state here

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Please just actually link that post

  • Locked thread