Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
the new MP maps are actually pretty well made. I'm sure that will change overtime as people find the camping corners and enrage everyone who wanders by them.

but for the time being they are good...depending on what game mode you're playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

The ski lodge map is actually pretty cool. I wish I knew where to hide when the avalanche shows up.
Zombies is really great this time around. I made it to round 14 solo and really like the slight changes to the formula. I only wish you could choose your character instead of randomly getting Malkovitch every time. :(

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Jake Blues posted:

I only wish you could choose your character instead of randomly getting Malkovitch every time. :(

Hold a dpad direction while the map is loading to choose your character. First to hit the button gets the priority.
UP for Oz (Malkovich)
RIGHT for Lilith (McGowan)
DOWN for Decker (Bernthal)
LEFT for Kahn (Paxton)

i wish...

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Spoon have you seen the ray gun make an appearance? I swear I saw it in one of the Zombie trailer videos but I can't tell its silhouette in the 3D printer cause it rotates weapons so fast.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

the new MP maps are actually pretty well made. I'm sure that will change overtime as people find the camping corners and enrage everyone who wanders by them.

but for the time being they are good...depending on what game mode you're playing.

I haven't tried em yet because I just don't see the point in multiplayer anymore.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Tac-12 has pretty bananas OHK range now (for CoD). Shotgunning dudes is a point in itself!

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Jake Blues posted:

Spoon have you seen the ray gun make an appearance? I swear I saw it in one of the Zombie trailer videos but I can't tell its silhouette in the 3D printer cause it rotates weapons so fast.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Exo_Zombies

I've personally used every one of the guns listed in that wiki except for the wall SMGs and shotguns. I really doubt that there are any 3D printer weapons that aren't listed there.

Speaking of the 3D printer, it's random. Maybe once in a while it gives you the gun on display, but a lot of the time it rapidly flashes through guns AFTER you hit X and gives you one that wasn't showing.

GauchoNaut2085
Oct 23, 2010
I guess I was just really lucky with the printer then. The group only got the Cel-3's because we thought it wasn't random and were really good on the draw. Confirmation bias I guess.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

anyone wanna zombies?

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Fibby Boy posted:

I haven't tried em yet because I just don't see the point in multiplayer anymore.

Getting a little existential, Offshore.

Casual Combustion
Jan 12, 2003

Mister Macys posted:

Is it just me, or is the multiplayer in this game more reliant on teamwork than ever before?

I swear, you need at least four goons or more to even have a chance anymore.

I've been playing solo on ps4 and I have like a 50/50 w/l ratio, it's not super awful unless the other team is pubstomping or whatever.

Also if anyone wants to play with the legendary kiss bro add psn: danohtwo

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Fibby Boy posted:

:(

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
I just got an e-mail to sign up for Activsion Playtesting in the LA area, which took me to a survey. HERE ARE SOME SCREENSHOTS OF THE SURVEY!!!!

There was not an option past 2.0 KD or higher. :iiam:

Hopefully they pick me so I may be able to tell them that Black Ops was a piece of poo poo and they should scrap whatever they've done on Blops3 and make Modern Warfare 2 again.

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 30, 2015

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
How much e-cred is this worth in this thread?

(loving cats broke my other one and this was the only option available)

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Wazzit posted:

Hopefully they pick me so I may be able to tell them that Black Ops was a piece of poo poo and they should scrap whatever they've done on Blops3 and make Modern Warfare 2 again.

Convince them to make a modern warfare collection, like the master chief collection but actually working.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

sba posted:

How much e-cred is this worth in this thread?

(loving cats broke my other one and this was the only option available)

Probably negative cred. But not as negative as this.

(I also have two of those controllers.)

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Javes posted:

Getting a little existential, Offshore.

Sometimes I need to vent about how much this game let me down.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

So I make poor decisions well into adulthood and have the map pack and Zombies. Someone pick me up if you're online and need a body.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Hackan Slash posted:

Convince them to make a modern warfare collection, like the master chief collection but actually working.

I'd be surprised if some outside studio hadn't already been contracted to do this for release in summer 2016.

To be honest, I can't see a Treyarch collection happening though.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

ok so Merry and I got up to level 26 or so.. and I can definitely say that the hallway strategy works.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
28. It could have worked better if I hadn't been pissing away points rolling the box 30 times.

I wonder how well it scales to 4.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

personally, i feel that if 2 hang back by the window and 2 hang out by the first door... then level 40 is easily attainable.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

Sometimes I need to vent about how much this game let me down.

I figured a new developer could bring some new life to the series, but they just created new problems for COD instead. Good thing the older games are still very active (and I don't mean Ghosts, screw that game, even if I was pretty good at it). I felt so gullible falling for Michael Condrey's promises, especially dedicated servers. I should've figured it was the same "hybrid" system Ghosts had.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

when's Ghosts nostalgia day ya'll let's dust off those discs

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Unless it's Extinction, count me out.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

when's Ghosts nostalgia day ya'll let's dust off those discs

I sold my disc the day before they silently upped the teeth count in extinction. Still pissed about that.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I would like to reiterate that you should always be running paladin when you play Recovery. Just went 50-5 thanks to the 2nd half of the map being so open. Also, I just realized tonight that the rocket warbird is just similar enough to the Lodestar that I need to run it more often.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Do the rockets have the ridiculous cooldown the machine gun has if you fire it too much? I always use Warbirds with AI because of that.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Zombies was great fun last night. I should be getting my mic back over the weekend so I can actually be useful to the group next time.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
Oh great, is the PS4 release for Havoc delayed? I blame Battlefield.

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Ironsolid posted:

Oh great, is the PS4 release for Havoc delayed? I blame Battlefield.

What, is this your first Call of Duty?

Microsoft has always had a 30 head start on all Call of Duty DLC. Expect this for every DLC release for Advanced Warfare.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Javes posted:

I would like to reiterate that you should always be running paladin when you play Recovery. Just went 50-5 thanks to the 2nd half of the map being so open. Also, I just realized tonight that the rocket warbird is just similar enough to the Lodestar that I need to run it more often.

BAL using tryhard

Javes
May 6, 2012

sba posted:

BAL using tryhard

But I thought an AMR9 tube class is a try hard setup? Or at least that's what that pubbie told us.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Yeah i was trying so hard i went negative. I wanted to tell him how hard I wasn't trying but my mic wasn't working.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

Spoon Man posted:

What, is this your first Call of Duty?

Microsoft has always had a 30 head start on all Call of Duty DLC. Expect this for every DLC release for Advanced Warfare.

No, I just never cared and usually found out the DLC came out a month after it came out. I only cared because of the Zombies.

I think this is my last CoD game, sick of playing for extra content that should have been on the disc already

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The Tac-19 is pretty awesome now. Its almost as good as the MW2 Spas.

Javes
May 6, 2012

Finally got around to playing the new maps and Urban is probably my favorite map in the game now. It's this game's Nuketown/Hijacked.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I played a couple of the new maps but I was so used to hardcore that I had a lovely time of it. Gotta remake my shotgun class since apparently it's no longer lovely, and then I'll be good to go.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

The Tac-19 is pretty awesome now. Its almost as good as the MW2 Spas.

Ran it tonight in HC Dom. It's absolutely nuts just how far you can zap people with it.
I think the max range before the shot disappears is actually better than MW2's SPAS. :iia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Are we caring about nodes at all this weekend?

• Locked thread