Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

That's weird, he's leaving out some pretty major ones. I can't imagine why. . .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Hmm where did Muir copy that last face from?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

FishBulb posted:

It's all symbolic dumb nonsense to pander

No it's n-oh, right.

The right's sense of victimization is so thick it can be cut with a knife.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

frajaq posted:

Hmm where did Muir copy that last face from?

Google'd "Shouting woman."

First page of results. Odd choice on Muir's part to steal the whole fuckin' pose, though.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Pander posted:

The right's sense of victimization is so thick it can be cut with a knife.

Wow direct death threats against an ideology just because they're more correct then you? You are one sick puppy you lefty-loon you.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQlHaGhYoF0

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Waifu: I'm talking about your elderly father
Zed: I'm talking about your sister
Both: Let's make out!

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice

The GOP is indeed a greater threat to our freedom, democracy and our way of life than any of the others. AGC.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

THAT'S A PENIS

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I tried guys but I haven't done anything serious in photoshop in years:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Duckbag posted:

Horsey and Villaraigosa are both LA Democrats. LA Dems have a huge chip on their shoulder (but it's nothing compared to what we have down in San Diego). Boxer and Feinstein both came out of the Bay Area and have been in office for ages. Los Angeles is the largest city in the state, it's solidly Democratic, and Villaraigosa was its popular mayor. Harris (who I like a lot), is a popular progressive Attorney General, but she would also be yet another Bay Area Democrat and a lot of people in Southern California feel like maybe we should get a turn. There's not much chance of a Republican beating either Democrat, so these kinds of regional shooting matches can take place freely without the party having to worry about picking someone "unelectable."

Cpt.Americant posted:

Basically any Dem would win in California, infighting or not. Only a very freak bad Dem/moderate Rep combination would have a chance. But Southern California is 60% of the state's population, if it were it's own state it would be second only to Texas in population. Its demographics and politics are different from the Bay Area, and yet the Bay Area has had both of California's Senators now for a generation. LA is the population center, it's very strongly Democratic, so it's certainly reasonable that it would be upset that the party would go with yet another Bay Area democrat than someone from Southern California.

Interesting, didn't know that at all. Yea in that context I can see how a guy from south California would be a little bitter about the state party seeming to brush their guy aside if he's perfectly good.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Okay so the heroes of the story that we're supposed love are the ones whose first concern after jumping to the conclusion that their dad might be going on a date is who gets his stuff. Right?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
I'm betting at least two more "National Conversation" comics.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I was gonna say one more because tomorrow's a Sunday, but that's today's, so yeah there's gonna be more.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

HisMajestyBOB posted:

The GOP is indeed a greater threat to our freedom, democracy and our way of life than any of the others. AGC.

I mean, it wasn't any of those other guys who attempted to destroy the entire loving economy.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

'Political Cannibalism'

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Wasn't Tinsley doing one of his dumb countdowns for New Years or whatever? I swear he was on like #17 when he dropped it out of nowhere.

Never thought I'd say it, but I wish he'd go back to those awful rhymes.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I'm beginning to think that Mallard Fillmore is consistently the worst cartoon posted. I've begun to dread seeing whatever stupid stuff he says more than whatever Branco or the McCoys post.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Mallard Fillmore is so awful that my mother gets angry seeing it in the paper, and she only opens the funnies for Pearls Before Swine and Zits.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Interesting, didn't know that at all. Yea in that context I can see how a guy from south California would be a little bitter about the state party seeming to brush their guy aside if he's perfectly good.

IIRC, the LA mayor guy is hella corrupt. That might have something to do with the party bosses picking Harris too

Rygar201 fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jan 31, 2015

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

I was trying to google search and find when that article was published. I ended up just looking up the date of India's first nuclear test since the article is before that.

May 18, 1974

quote:

India first tested a nuclear device in 1974 (code-named "Smiling Buddha"), which it called a "peaceful nuclear explosion."

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Utterly horrific.

Storysmith
Dec 31, 2006

Post 9-11 User posted:

Utterly horrific.

Is that the blow-up-doll waifu edit? Post the original comic.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Rorus Raz posted:

Meanwhile, Stantis and Allie keep ranting about their self-censored cartoons being censored.

This is seriously one of the most chickenshit things I've seen a cartoonist do.

This only makes me appreciate any editor who would willingly run this to support some rear end in a top hat's freedom of speech of making GBS threads on them.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jan 31, 2015

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I vote for at least 3 with 4-5 definitely being possible

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I'm beginning to think that Mallard Fillmore is consistently the worst cartoon posted. I've begun to dread seeing whatever stupid stuff he says more than whatever Branco or the McCoys post.

I'd say DbD is the worst regularly posted cartoon in this thread if we take it solely on its own merits (or lack thereof). It's just outright bad art (Tinsley can actually draw if he can sober up and be bothered to do so), even nuttier/worse talking points than Drinky Duck, etc. etc.

But once you factor in the fact that Mallard Fillmore is actually printed across the country in the papers, in the funny pages no less, then suddenly Drinky Duck jumps ahead in the "worst serial regularly posted in this thread" category.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Tatum Girlparts posted:

The difference is that SoCal is an enormous cancerous suburb that drains all the water from the rest of California, whereas the Bay Area is cool & good.
Er, except Hunter's Point. Hunter's Point is not good. Still cool, though.

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Small Frozen Thing posted:

The difference is that SoCal is an enormous cancerous suburb that drains all the water from the rest of California, whereas the Bay Area is cool & good.
Er, except Hunter's Point. Hunter's Point is not good. Still cool, though.

Yes, Silicon Valley, famous for having no suburban development at all. But either way, is your argument that the 8 million in the Bay Area get all the Senators while the 22 million in Southern California get none for decades? Because of water? Because you don't find LA as cool all those cool San Francisco hipsters?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Cpt.Americant posted:

Yes, Silicon Valley, famous for having no suburban development at all. But either way, is your argument that the 8 million in the Bay Area get all the Senators while the 22 million in Southern California get none for decades? Because of water? Because you don't find LA as cool all those cool San Francisco hipsters?

SoCal really isn't that great and it's not just a dumb LA vs. SF issue. SoCal is much more of a conservative hellhole desert than NorCal is.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

All goons should watch this

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Portals posted:

SoCal really isn't that great and it's not just a dumb LA vs. SF issue. SoCal is much more of a conservative hellhole desert than NorCal is.

But again, just because SoCal's "not that great" they shouldn't be a little pissed when the Dems ignore them? This isn't a home turf thing, I'm not even from California, but I can see why this would be really annoying. Numerically they are a majority of the state and two and a half times the population of bay area, but for 24 years the Bay Area has dominated national level politics. Now for the first time in a generation California is getting a new senator and the party is trying to push a bay area replacement, can you not see why they would be pissed?

Like, taking apart weather it's a justified reaction or not, just put yourself in the shoes of a liberal in LA. That's where the cartoon was coming from and it's a legitimate thing to complain about from that perspective.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Grapplejack posted:

That's weird, he's leaving out some pretty major ones. I can't imagine why. . .

Because he's an incompetent hack.

Also, the Taliban were first considered to be insurgents during the Russia-Afghanistan War, when they were heavily armed by the US. I wonder who was President between 1981 and 1989? I really can't recall.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Rygar201 posted:

IIRC, the LA mayor guy is hella corrupt. That might have something to do with the party bosses picking Harris too

Do you have any evidence at all for this? Or are you just going to poo poo all over a guy because of something you think you might have heard? You see, there's a service on the world wide internet superhighway known as "google" that allows you to "search" for "terms" such as "Villaraigosa" and "corruption." With this incredible tool, you can actually confirm your vague recollections of wrongdoing and provide the sort of sources that would make you seem credible. You didn't bother, but I went ahead and performed said search and found nothing but rumor and innuendo.

I'm not in the tank for Villaraigosa by any means. Hell, if the election were tomorrow, I'd almost certainly vote for Harris, but I still have a problem with you casually slandering him. If you can point to real evidence of wrongdoing -- as opposed to, say, some poo poo on Breitbart -- I'll retract my criticism and offer a full apology. Otherwise, shut the gently caress up when grown folks is talking.

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Duckbag posted:

Do you have any evidence at all for this? Or are you just going to poo poo all over a guy because of something you think you might have heard? You see, there's a service on the world wide internet superhighway known as "google" that allows you to "search" for "terms" such as "Villaraigosa" and "corruption." With this incredible tool, you can actually confirm your vague recollections of wrongdoing and provide the sort of sources that would make you seem credible. You didn't bother, but I went ahead and performed said search and found nothing but rumor and innuendo.

You can also do that same search. There was an ethics investigation of him back in 2010, he accepted tickets as gifts without reporting all of them. He paid the fines for doing so. Don't know if that counts as "hella corrupt," but it's not nothing either.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Duckbag posted:

I'm not in the tank for Villaraigosa by any means. Hell, if the election were tomorrow, I'd almost certainly vote for Harris, but I still have a problem with you casually slandering him. If you can point to real evidence of wrongdoing -- as opposed to, say, some poo poo on Breitbart -- I'll retract my criticism and offer a full apology. Otherwise, shut the gently caress up when grown folks is talking.
Go read the controversies section of his Wikipedia page, you belligerent poo poo. It's fairly lengthy and he definitely took a lot of "Gifts."

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Jedit posted:

Because he's an incompetent hack.

Also, the Taliban were first considered to be insurgents during the Russia-Afghanistan War, when they were heavily armed by the US. I wonder who was President between 1981 and 1989? I really can't recall.

My heart tells me that it was a Democrat...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Cpt.Americant posted:

But again, just because SoCal's "not that great" they shouldn't be a little pissed when the Dems ignore them? This isn't a home turf thing, I'm not even from California, but I can see why this would be really annoying. Numerically they are a majority of the state and two and a half times the population of bay area, but for 24 years the Bay Area has dominated national level politics. Now for the first time in a generation California is getting a new senator and the party is trying to push a bay area replacement, can you not see why they would be pissed?

Like, taking apart weather it's a justified reaction or not, just put yourself in the shoes of a liberal in LA. That's where the cartoon was coming from and it's a legitimate thing to complain about from that perspective.

I'd tell them to harden the gently caress up and field better candidates next time.
It's not so much turf war as personal experience, I was born and spent my first eleven years trapped behind the Orange Curtain. Luckily we moved up north, and things stopped being so horrible.

• Locked thread