Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

wasnt the end of two the giant humanoid reaper that you hose down with bullets?

i liked that a lot better than taking out that reaver with a laser targeter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

so i dont think ive ever spent 300 hours on any video game (im certainly not starting now) but http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/28/xenoblade-chronicles-x-info-battles-exploration/ have a gander

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
yeah it was a robot made from humans

yeah they somehow found an even more terrible boss for 3.

LET'S ALL RUN TOWARDS THE REAPER GUYS THEY CANT KILL US ALL

Liver Disaster posted:

so i dont think ive ever spent 300 hours on any video game (im certainly not starting now) but http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/28/xenoblade-chronicles-x-info-battles-exploration/ have a gander

i have 500ish hours in BF BC2 during my extreme depression/super stoned phase of my life.

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
Transvestites excel at fighting with weapons that use the hammer skill. They should wear high heels at all times for extra speed; if they don't, they will be slow and have a hard time overall. Also, the attire charm technique may be used to turn any adjacent human or humanoid monster (except uniques, quest nemeses and shopkeepers, but including things like gnomes or orcs) into pets. The transvestite starts with a saddle and has increased chances of successfully mounting a steed.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Space-Pope posted:

Transvestites excel at fighting with weapons that use the hammer skill. They should wear high heels at all times for extra speed; if they don't, they will be slow and have a hard time overall. Also, the attire charm technique may be used to turn any adjacent human or humanoid monster (except uniques, quest nemeses and shopkeepers, but including things like gnomes or orcs) into pets. The transvestite starts with a saddle and has increased chances of successfully mounting a steed.

:psyduck:

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Kirk posted:

me1 owned but was flawed, me2 was some neutered fuckery but had better characterization, i never played me3 but i can only assume it was stupid bullshit for idiots

uh

same, actually

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

if i spend more than a few hours on a video game i get that nagging feeling that im about to suddenly be flipping burgers and living in a trailer so i have a cigarette and clean house
still looking forward to playing xcx even if i dont see most of it

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

A review's list of problems with the game Life is Strange posted:

The protagonist claims that Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within is one of the best science fiction films of all-time

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
it's not like i spent 500hours on the game in a month or something, it was over 2+ years

dont make me feel bad :(

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

saucepanman posted:

it's not like i spent 500hours on the game in a month or something, it was over 2+ years

dont make me feel bad :(

no dont feel bad i just like literally get per game anxiety, my favorite games on steam are E.Y.E. and Soulstorm and i have like 55hrs and 86hrs in them
i cant go back because all of the stress from before is waiting there

i cant play 300hrs of a game over any period of time because my brain is broken

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

That's a pretty glaring issue

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy
me3 had the tightest shooting of the three and was mechanically fun, although the jesus figure Shepard stuff got weird and the dialogue wheel corresponded less to the actual dialogue less than ever.

the av club brought up a good point about bioware morality systems: no paragon decisions in these games actually pan-out into bad outcomes. for example, stuff like freeing the rachni queen in me1 was kinda foolish and you're told as such with the risk of reviving and unleashing a previously hostile species that nearly brought an end to galactic civilization. in me3, that decision appears as war assets and there was really no liability in taking the idealistic path all along. the cons against the paragon options are really just empty threats that do nothing but justify the rationale behind choosing renegade options.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
your brain must be super happy that most jrpgs are ~<100 hours long

also soulstorm is good :shobon::hf::shobon:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Necronomoticon posted:

me3 had the tightest shooting of the three and was mechanically fun, although the jesus figure Shepard stuff got weird and the dialogue wheel corresponded less to the actual dialogue less than ever.

the av club brought up a good point about bioware morality systems: no paragon decisions in these games actually pan-out into bad outcomes. for example, stuff like freeing the rachni queen in me1 was kinda foolish and you're told as such with the risk of reviving and unleashing a previously hostile species that nearly brought an end to galactic civilization. in me3, that decision appears as war assets and there was really no liability in taking the idealistic path all along. the cons against the paragon options are really just empty threats that do nothing but justify the rationale behind choosing renegade options.

tell me more tales of the shepard bioware

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

saucepanman posted:

your brain must be super happy that most jrpgs are ~<100 hours long

also soulstorm is good :shobon::hf::shobon:

soulstorm owns

honestly my sweet spot is about the length of The Last Story
god drat that was good i want more like that

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

computer parts posted:

iirc at launch you had to play a bunch of multiplayer to get the "best" ending in the single player
no at launch you had to sit back and wait for the patch to get the best ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58W1DjQRamw

jony ive aces fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jan 31, 2015

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Liver Disaster posted:

quote:

Takahashi says that, while Xenoblade Chronicles was a traditional RPG, Xenoblade Chronicles X is made to be an open-world RPG, where you accept quests in different areas and have many aspects that expand the story.

uh... what? that's EXACTLY like xenoblade chronicles was

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

uh... what? that's EXACTLY like xenoblade chronicles was

no but its totally different, im sure there wont be any long empty stretches this time!

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Notorious QIG posted:

sperg post incoming:

-bethesda released an official hd texture pack, its a bit resource intensive but if you have the computer for it i highly recommend it. its available as free dlc on steam
-if youre not a mega sperg, you can do all your modding through the steam workshop which is super easy. find a mod, click subscribe, open skyrim, wait for the launcher to download them, and go. good mods that i like:
--stones of barenziah quest markesr
--complete skyforge
--fall of the space core
--whistle
--random alternate start
--moonpath to elsweyr
--here there be monsters
if you're a super sperg, a lot of people recommend frostfall but im not a fan

-if you are a mega sperg, youll probably also want to install the skyrim script extender (skse) which is available on the nexus. this enables more mod options, like skyui, which is a custom ui designed for the pc which is way better than the default one.
-if you are a pervert, just go to nexus and look around

frostfall is fun once you get used to it. i only tried after logging many hours without and i think that helps

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Space-Pope posted:

what is this

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
skipped a lotta pages. beat suikoden 1 its still a good game. not great but good. excited to ply 2 again . hope 3,4,5 make it to ps2 classics status

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Space-Pope posted:

:stare:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Darkest Dungeon is out on early access for its ks backers which includes me and its pretty good

really really mean, but pretty good

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Notorious QIG posted:

what is this
slash'em extended, a variant of nethack

it also had jedi and cyborgs and khajit

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Fabricated posted:

Darkest Dungeon is out on early access for its ks backers which includes me and its pretty good

really really mean, but pretty good

like mean to the player or just generally impolite?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Liver Disaster posted:

like mean to the player or just generally impolite?
former

like if you're one of those people who plays turn based rpgs of any sort and get really fuckin mad when your characters miss attacks or fail to dodge at absolutely critical moments itll likely piss you off real bad

getting hosed by the rng for a handful of rounds in even the most basic enemy encounters will goddamn near kill your whole party

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Liver Disaster posted:

im so excited for mass effect 4 i cant wait to take that turian bioware cock again

i sure hope youre excited for invisible barriers on planets with too much terrain to explore

fetch quests

water that you cant swim in

knee high walls you cant jump over

traversing and exploring areas for no actual gameplay gain

bad writing

and a bad plot where you import your ending from ME3 that has no ramifications on the actual story of 4 but just a quick quip in the beginning!

OH BOY

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Huh, I had forgotten Massively was part of Joystiq and is going away too. Too bad, they were the only relatively non-lovely blog dedicated to MMOs.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Siljmonster posted:

i sure hope youre excited for invisible barriers on planets with too much terrain to explore

fetch quests

water that you cant swim in

knee high walls you cant jump over

traversing and exploring areas for no actual gameplay gain

bad writing

and a bad plot where you import your ending from ME3 that has no ramifications on the actual story of 4 but just a quick quip in the beginning!

OH BOY

yeah but can i gently caress a bird man?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Fabricated posted:

Huh, I had forgotten Massively was part of Joystiq and is going away too. Too bad, they were the only relatively non-lovely blog dedicated to MMOs.

Lol for multiple reasons.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

just play ffxiv it is the good mmo
probably the last one

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Space-Pope posted:

slash'em extended, a variant of nethack

it also had jedi and cyborgs and khajit

The Transvestite is a role specific to Slash'EM Extended. They are a melee combat class, and can be any race or alignment. Some of their features may seem offensive to some players, but Amy Bluescreenofdeath (creator of Slash'EM Extended) explicitly states it's not meant to offend anyone; rather, the Transvestite role is just meant to be unique. Slash'EM Extended is just a video game; NHINRL. Players who are sensitive to the subject of crossdressing are advised to play other roles instead.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
samus is the coolest and i want to play more games where she continues to be the coolest

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Pinterest Mom posted:

The Transvestite is a role specific to Slash'EM Extended. They are a melee combat class, and can be any race or alignment. Some of their features may seem offensive to some players, but Amy Bluescreenofdeath (creator of Slash'EM Extended) explicitly states it's not meant to offend anyone; rather, the Transvestite role is just meant to be unique. Slash'EM Extended is just a video game; NHINRL. Players who are sensitive to the subject of crossdressing are advised to play other roles instead.

this blackface is meant to be unique and if you're sensative to the subject of makeup you should remember that this isn't meant to be offensive

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Liver Disaster posted:

probably the last one

Lol for multiple reasons.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Liver Disaster posted:

probably the last one

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

ugh drat i forgot how addictive metroid prime is

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm in a few betas they are p cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am2ZCq0Zdxg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYINXKEMV-I

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

As a Millennial I posted:

ugh drat i forgot how addictive metroid prime is

Unless I need to be 10 feet away from the sensor bar, the motion controls are utter poo poo even on advanced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

jony ive aces posted:

no at launch you had to sit back and wait for the patch to get the best ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58W1DjQRamw

its like revelation space, but worse in every way

• Locked thread