Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
can we not start posting like we are on 4chan's game forums thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fnox
May 19, 2013

I don't think they'll add a 5 second disable, it seems like entirely unlike what riot ws did in S4 like removing single target silences for kassadin and leblanc and reducing CC durations.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Tonetta posted:

rito pls LOL

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Tonetta posted:

You first.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Ah gently caress. I was doing well in ranked but I botched my promos to get back into Silver II (where I ended preseason) and the game about faced and took a ton of LP away compared to what it was before. Given my 50% winrate I suspect that means it will now actively begin taking away equal or more LP per loss than per win and work to keep me where I am or drive me down in ranked from here on out. I guess there goes my chance to get into Gold. :smith:

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
I'm glad that my waifu, Hatsune Miku, is finally getting in via Sona's new skin.

*Mails my wallet to Riot Games*

Epic... loving. Epic.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

henkman posted:

rito pls LOL

thats reddit, not 4chan

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Bullshit. Stopping time for five seconds would literally be the least counterplay possible of any ability short of automatically winning the game by pressing your ult, and it would be a loving nightmare to program. It would also completely clash with Zilean who's entire gimmick is time mage.
Stopping time for 5 seconds, isn't that *literally* Faceless Void

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Bisse posted:

Stopping time for 5 seconds, isn't that *literally* Faceless Void

I think his ult is a stun field and the time stop thing is flavour.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

So self-gifted mystery skins are back, and the extra RP sale is still active. I decided to go ahead and spend $20 to take my chances at some good skins. I was not disappointed!

Surgeon Shen
Super Galaxy Rumble
Runeborn Xerath
Final Boss Veigar (Fartlocks, you mad!?)
Warring Kingdoms Xin Zhao

Gotta say this is a pretty good haul!

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Can you imagine how incredibly unfair and unfun that would be? Time stops, an assassin casually strolls up your AD and kills them over the course of three seconds, and then casually walks away. What could the ADC have possibly done to prevent that?

The same way you counter every other initiation ever?

But if you insist, here's a balanced time stop ultimate: Time stops for 5 or so seconds. Only you can move, nobody else, not even your teammates. While time is stopped everybody on the map is untouchable.
Bam, balanced.

chumbler posted:

Plus she's a lot of players' waifu and Riot has replaced their eyes with dollar signs. Predicting DJ Sona is about as hard as predicting that the tides will come in.

More like she is just like Udyr and a skin where every spell changes her model is not a far fetched concept.

Lightning Knight posted:

The WhyRenektonWhy guy was talking about DJ Sona months and months ago, but besides that it's pointless to speculate about this stuff without insider knowledge ourselves (Brackhar pls) so I don't know why you guys are getting bent out of shape about it. DJ Sona is confirmed, next champion is up in the air. Who cares past that?

The files for DJ Sona and many other skins and champions were found by others though, they consist nothing but the name and even there it is the developer name they use.

Also WRW said that the ultimate skin will be released last year so he is obviously making poo poo up.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Bholder posted:

But if you insist, here's a balanced time stop ultimate: Time stops for 5 or so seconds. Only you can move, nobody else, not even your teammates. While time is stopped everybody on the map is untouchable

This is what I'm expecting, if it isn't CC. Free ability to move around + cast spells but they stay frozen in place until the timestop's done. More about setting down Rube Goldberg traps than autoing somebody to death.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Transient People posted:

This is what I'm expecting, if it isn't CC. Free ability to move around + cast spells but they stay frozen in place until the timestop's done. More about setting down Rube Goldberg traps than autoing somebody to death.

Even if they can't kill you, having your game paused for 5 seconds is kind of anti-fun. Even if Riot brainstormed something like this at some point, I can't imagine them keeping it.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Clarste posted:

Even if they can't kill you, having your game paused for 5 seconds is kind of anti-fun. Even if Riot brainstormed something like this at some point, I can't imagine them keeping it.

Ehhhh, I wouldn't be that sure. Imagine the high from seeing some fucker set up a meticulous plan for five seconds and then at the end you avoid every single skillshot and kill him on top. Would feel super good to outplay that.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Transient People posted:

Ehhhh, I wouldn't be that sure. Imagine the high from seeing some fucker set up a meticulous plan for five seconds and then at the end you avoid every single skillshot and kill him on top. Would feel super good to outplay that.

Imagine being the guy trying to last hit minions when this epic fight happens just close enough for you to get caught in the stun but too far away to help. Or the teammate setting up the greatest play ever when you freeze them and move into a bad spot.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

thats reddit, not 4chan

yeah 4chan is just a pileup of bad people telling each other they are bad at posting and need to go to some other website

Maleficent
May 26, 2014

Jolly well posted:

yeah 4chan is just a pileup of bad people telling each other they are bad at posting and need to go to some other website
Sounds familiar...

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Clarste posted:

Imagine being the guy trying to last hit minions when this epic fight happens just close enough for you to get caught in the stun but too far away to help. Or the teammate setting up the greatest play ever when you freeze them and move into a bad spot.

...I think we're imagining a different kinda timestop. I'm assuming one of the following two:

A) Single target timestop where both the timestopper and the target are removed from play for a little bit, leaving the stopper free to try and kill the stoppee without pesky tanks bothering him

Or

B) Global mapfreeze for five seconds, the stopper can move for the duration and cast spells, but the projectiles/windup timers/whatever are frozen and don't move or wind up until normal time resumes.

The former is definitely pretty annoying but not really much moreso than Zed (and if the stopper has no mobility spells, much less so). The latter can't really cause any of those fuckups I don't think.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Transient People posted:

...I think we're imagining a different kinda timestop. I'm assuming one of the following two:

A) Single target timestop where both the timestopper and the target are removed from play for a little bit, leaving the stopper free to try and kill the stoppee without pesky tanks bothering him

Or

B) Global mapfreeze for five seconds, the stopper can move for the duration and cast spells, but the projectiles/windup timers/whatever are frozen and don't move or wind up until normal time resumes.

The former is definitely pretty annoying but not really much moreso than Zed (and if the stopper has no mobility spells, much less so). The latter can't really cause any of those fuckups I don't think.

The first is basically poppy's ult and I don't think they're going to do that

colbamf
Jan 10, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

I bought Sejauni and learned to play her just because of Poro Rider Sejuani and I don't even play her that often. It's a cancer, Riot Games mind control I swear.

I also did this and I have no regrets. That poro is so loving cute.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I was imagining the latter (although with a limited range because Riot hates global spells). If it's global though, it's totally worse. 5 second stuns for no reason whatsoever just because some people on the other side of the map are skirmishing would be incredibly annoying. Yeah, you're not going to die from it necessarily, but it would just be... frustrating? Like your computer locking up every 2 minutes or whatever the cooldown is. At least with like Nocturne or something there's the small possibility that he's targeting you, but with this you know that this has literally no effect on you and you have to sit through the stun anyway.

People just don't like losing control in games. This has nothing to do with balance.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jan 31, 2015

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

5 second global timestop would make assassins way stronger

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
It just needs to be Literally Za Warudo and I think it will have a niche :)

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Maleficent posted:

Sounds familiar...

I get what you're implying here but at SA we are much more tolerant and understanding and only tell people that they should go post in another subforum of Something Awful.com.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Did that Riven auto canceling buff make it to live or did they get rid of it? Couldn't find anything from Riot from the past 2 weeks via the google

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
"Melee assassin whose ultimate freezes time for 5 seconds" is literally Faceless Void, it's such a low-effort troll. Why are we even having this discussion?

(I was going to say something about the difference between a League melee assassin and a Dota melee carry but the difference really isn't as big as it sounds so there's no point in getting worked up over it.)

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

fariz posted:

Did that Riven auto canceling buff make it to live or did they get rid of it? Couldn't find anything from Riot from the past 2 weeks via the google

It did not, in fact, make it to live. I doubt we'll ever see direct Riven buffs again, to be honest.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

NTT posted:

It just needs to be Literally Za Warudo and I think it will have a niche :)

If they gave Poppy chronosphere I Would Be Okay With That.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I don't know, being able to force a enemy player or group of players into a zhonya effect seems pretty strong to me.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Started playing Swain top. :allears:
He's amazing once I figured out last hitting on him

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

They say the Iara use their voice to draw in men...

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
What happened to the Trist splash art? Did they revert it? The current splash and the new model don't look anything like.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

RuBisCO posted:

Another one of those "my mind is telling me no" moments

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Play Cho'Gath

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

AHH FUGH posted:

What happened to the Trist splash art? Did they revert it? The current splash and the new model don't look anything like.

There was a huge amount of negative feedback about it, so they reverted it and will update it later.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Play Cass

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

Another one of those "my mind is telling me no" moments

BUT MY BOOOOODY

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Aerox posted:

Play Cass

Did you do the second most damage while also tanking the second most? I think not :colbert:

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008
the funniest thing right now is getting placed in Silver 2 (from Gold 4. loving RIOT!) and seeing all the Plat borders on players who look like they've never played a game of LoL in their lives once they get in game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

RuBisCO posted:

Minus points for wasting the ult instead of spamming laugh.

Rudager posted:

the funniest thing right now is getting placed in Silver 2 (from Gold 4. loving RIOT!)

um

blah_blah fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jan 31, 2015

• Locked thread