Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Sorry buddy but you're facing 20 years because talcum powder has those two uses and those two uses alone.

You don't even need to use talcum powder for rubber gloves, really. I wear the things for my day job and I've never had a problem with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Wanamingo posted:

Arlo and Janis

Now an exclusive premium TV series on HBO.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Wanamingo posted:

You don't even need to use talcum powder for rubber gloves, really. I wear the things for my day job and I've never had a problem with them.
It's easy to get rubber gloves off because you can (and often want to) turn them inside out.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Classic Prince Valiant

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

Apparently, Invoice Clerk.

Bleeker

I think Mahood mixed up Bleeker and Skip today.

On the Fastrack

What are those supposed to be? It looks like maybe a flatbed scanner and uh... a Gamecube.

Safe Havens

Isn't that where the Japanese whale hunters hang out?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Also a poop joke

null_user01013 fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jan 31, 2015

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

Well...no. That would spell "invoiceer".

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Johnny Walker posted:

Here's the strip it first appeared in.
It just looked so much like part of the scenery because everything in that strip is brightly colored and looks flat.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Those Mother Goose and Grimm strips probably work better when they're on the actual comic page.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Wanamingo posted:

Zippy the Pinhead

The joke is that the Clorox bleach company is one of the largest producers of ranch dressing. I hope I didn't just Blow your Mind, by Which I Mean Cause Serious Traumatic Head Injury to Dog Comix.

Pooch Café

Good reaction panel here, if anything surprising ever happened in newspaper comics. Maybe save it in case Gilchrist ever draws a panel of Fritzi without her heaving bosom in frame.

Ballard Street

That dog is scared out of his mind, but the fastest anything can go on Ballard Street is a brisk walk.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

I guess "before" is supposed to tell us she spent 10 minutes untangling her earbuds before running, but the way it's phrased it sounds like she just stood on the treadmill for ten minutes, then tried untangling her earbuds.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (December 3, 1927)

Peanuts (February 2, 1968)

Try practising with a Snoopy Sno-cone Machine.

Funky Winkerbean

OOookay, are we supposed to know who that is?

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Cobra's slipped into little sister mode. Sexy little sister. With a dueling scar. :pervert:

Out Our Way (July 19-20, 1926)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jan 31, 2015

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

OOookay, are we supposed to know who that is?

Isn't that what's-her-face, the one who died from cancer?

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

BigDave posted:

Isn't that what's-her-face, the one who died from cancer?

You're going to have to narrow it down for us.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Are you talking about Lisa? I thought she had curly blonde hair when she was young.

Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

9 Chickweed Lane 1/31/2004

Wow. You're calling yourself vapid, Edda?

Zits

Wait 'til the bedsprings upstairs start squeaking.

Kevin & Kell

Ha. Haha.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

All holidays are made up.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

bean_shadow posted:

You're going to have to narrow it down for us.

Either she got date raped by cancer or she had double-secret cancer, I forget which.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Isn't whatsherface usually on the other side of this sort of thing?

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

I guess that there is no need to ask what Brooke was doing with his right hand when he says this line.

Pibgorn

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
HALLO HAVE SOME CATCHUP COMIX:

Cul-de-sac

The Creeps

Poptropica

Heathcliff

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Aardmania posted:

Piranha Club

Careful with that joke, kid, it's an antique!

The Dinette Set knows how to treat a lady.

Working Daze fails to make a joke.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Maybe it's just the natural result of all the characters being unlikeable and stupid. Karen/Greg needs to make any character's behavior REALLY OVER THE TOP if he/she wants to signal to the audience that we aren't supposed to approve of this person.

Edit: Jock guy, you look way too enthused about the naked baby thing.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I think he's supposed to think it's "Babes" in the very outdated slang way meaning "women"

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Maybe it's just the natural result of all the characters being unlikeable and stupid. Karen/Greg needs to make any character's behavior REALLY OVER THE TOP if he/she wants to signal to the audience that we aren't supposed to approve of this person.

And yet the professor is now one of my favorite characters in this strip. He's like Mandrake's dad; his whole thing is loving with everyone else, and it's great.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Roland Jones posted:

And yet the professor is now one of my favorite characters in this strip. He's like Mandrake's dad; his whole thing is loving with everyone else, and it's great.

Zebo isn't fit to lick Theron's boots, which are actually a cactus disguised by hypnosis. Next: WHY CACTUS?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Edit: Jock guy, you look way too enthused about the naked baby thing.

I just noticed the "hard vowel" line over the E in his name. They're doing a really good job making him come off as a pretentious rear end in a top hat nobody but a fresh-out-of-high-school student would like.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Luann villains are always the most likeable characters because all the good characters are Plain Jane milquetoast morons.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Crankshaft is currently running the exact same story as funky except showing slightly different scenes.

I'm glad no one posts crankshaft or we'd have to see this stupid story even more than we already had to.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SomeMathGuy posted:

Zebo isn't fit to lick Theron's boots, which are actually a cactus disguised by hypnosis. Next: WHY CACTUS?

Oh, yeah, he's nowhere near as good, but he's filling the same niche in Luann for me at the moment because so far his entire existence is loving with that class and particularly Luann.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Grilox posted:

Crankshaft is currently running the exact same story as funky except showing slightly different scenes.

I'm glad no one posts crankshaft or we'd have to see this stupid story even more than we already had to.

Actually, now I wish I'd swapped out for the week. The Crankshaft version is actually coherent.

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery
Since when do bells ring at the end of college classes?

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Midnight Moth posted:

On the Fastrack

What are those supposed to be? It looks like maybe a flatbed scanner and uh... a Gamecube.

Label printer maybe?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

ukonvasara posted:

Since when do bells ring at the end of college classes?

See, it still baffles me that both of the people responsible for this comic went to college

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Grilox posted:

The only place I follow comic strips these days is in this thread and I had actually come to believe, without any sort of actual evidence, that Crankshaft had ended since we know he's dead over in Funky.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Pastry of the Year posted:

The only place I follow comic strips these days is in this thread and I had actually come to believe, without any sort of actual evidence, that Crankshaft had ended since we know he's dead over in Funky.

Crankshaft didn't have the time jump that Funky did, which means that the same characters exist in both strips but at different ages and states of being alive.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

plainswalker75 posted:

Label printer maybe?

...What? It just a basic laser printer.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

Ha. Haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Calvin And Hobbes comes in a variety of sizes, courtesy of GoComics.

Ripley's

• Locked thread