Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

You can get things which plug into the lighter socket and have a variety of engine sounds pre-loaded if you want to mess about with stuff like that.

I got one of those for my friend who has a diesel Golf and he thinks its the best thing ever. He loves it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I might get one and secretly install it and get it to play this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqYyqKm3nbM

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009
Saw this beauty as I pulled in the lot. I had to park next to it. Such amazing vinyl work.

Some Zero fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jan 31, 2015

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
the size of your pictures sure is terrible stuff

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

The zebra print steering wheel cover adds that extra bit of class.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
Maybe it's just in the Northeast, but I thought that simcon roofs died off in the 90s. Apparently I was wrong.

:barf:

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

what the hell

I thought those nasty tires died in the 90s too.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

Maybe it's just in the Northeast, but I thought that simcon roofs died off in the 90s. Apparently I was wrong.

Hail storm.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
So where the hell is the tow vehicle? Didn't they notice? :confused:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
We discuss these every few months in this thread. They are still common in Palm Springs and areas of Florida.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

eyebeem posted:

We discuss these every few months in this thread. They are still common in Palm Springs and areas of Florida.

or places where a shop needs to sell a car with a hail damaged roof

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

Wait what? That car isn't a convertible? What the gently caress?

A Lone Girl Flier
Sep 29, 2009

This post is dedicated to all those who fell by the forums, for nothing is wasted, and every apparent failure is but a challenge to others.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

So where the hell is the tow vehicle? Didn't they notice? :confused:

The terrible is the guy using a camera while driving.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

What...model is that and what segment does it occupy? It's like a caddilacarised prius or something. And a coupe :psyduck:

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Slavvy posted:

What...model is that and what segment does it occupy? It's like a caddilacarised prius or something. And a coupe :psyduck:

CTS coupe

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Waldo P Barnstormer posted:

The terrible is the guy using a camera while driving.

At least it's staying in its own lane.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

Back windows just get more and more useless every year, I don't get why they still bother.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Bajaha posted:

Mad popping exhausts on off throttle are great, especially on hot hatches. Nothing you say will change this fact.

This is acceptable only on turbo hot hatches imo :colbert:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

8ender posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4O_FW1g790

:colbert:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

8ender posted:

This. Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FvanLGow54

:colbert:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Memento posted:

Wait what? That car isn't a convertible? What the gently caress?

Dr.Smasher posted:

or places where a shop needs to sell a car with a hail damaged roof

The local market gets flooded with these every time we have a nasty storm. Usually cheaper than actually fixing the hail damage if it's anything beyond minor dents.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Slavvy posted:

The door stop segment.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators

some texas redneck posted:

The local market gets flooded with these every time we have a nasty storm. Usually cheaper than actually fixing the hail damage if it's anything beyond minor dents.

Not only cheaper than fixing it, but they can turn it into a nice profit if they end up selling it near sticker. That one up there had a $5995 option for that roof.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Unfortunately only caught the edge on the dashcam, but this door seems to be mostly rust.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Ok fine and supercars too

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

Ignoring the stupid roof, this is a real car? One that you can actually buy? It looks like it's 4' to the bottom of the pointlessly tiny rear window and it's not even a 4x4. What the hell is going on here? This thing is loving hideous.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

88h88 posted:

Ignoring the stupid roof, this is a real car? One that you can actually buy? It looks like it's 4' to the bottom of the pointlessly tiny rear window and it's not even a 4x4. What the hell is going on here? This thing is loving hideous.

It's just an uglier than usual CTS coupe, isn't it?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Raluek posted:

It's just an uglier than usual CTS coupe, isn't it?

It would appear so but for some reason there's some weird optical illusion going on with this photo which makes the back end seem to be massively tall and with acres of flat, boring steel surfaces on it.

Odd.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

88h88 posted:

It would appear so but for some reason there's some weird optical illusion going on with this photo which makes the back end seem to be massively tall and with acres of flat, boring steel surfaces on it.

Odd.

Nah, the CTS coupe is just loving ugly.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

88h88 posted:

Seriously, is this a stock Cadillac body? This isn't some custom thing? The rear end really looks like a joke.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Seriously, is this a stock Cadillac body? This isn't some custom thing? The rear end really looks like a joke.

Welcome to Art and Science styling. Aka GM spending 4.3 billion dollars to make the ugliest luxury brand on the market.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

This is what really bugs me because the CTS sedan is a fine looking motorcar and cutting it down to two doors should be a trivial exercise that doesn't end with it having the rear end of an aircraft carrier.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
The wagon is the least offensive looking bodystyle of that generation CTS.

It looks like a V-badge on the back ot that coupe too, so it's got the 556hp engine and possibly 6 piston carbon ceramic brakes to go with the fake vert top.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

88h88 posted:

Odd.

It's not an optical illusion.

It's really that loving bad. It's a car for olds that don't have the mental or physical acuity to use mirrors anyway, so they don't even notice the visibility problems through their cataracts and bifocals.

Motronic fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Feb 2, 2015

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Motronic posted:

It's really that loving bad. It's a car for olds that don't have the mental or physical acuity to use mirrors anyway, so they don't even notice the visibility problems through their cataracts and bifocals.

Speaking of cars for olds that take too many liberties with automating everything, I had occasion to drive my dad's new Lincoln MK-whichever the small SUV is. It was 5am so it was still dark out, and apparently the thing automatically turns the high beams on until it sees headlights or taillights nearby. Call me crazy but I turn highbeams on when they're actually needed and I turn them off when I tell another car is approaching, which is often before I actually see their headlights and have blinded their face with my highbeams.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

Motronic posted:

It's not an optical illusion.

It's like they took the early 80's Seville and made it into a two-door. :barf:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Root Bear posted:

It's like they took the early 80's Seville and made it into a two-door. :barf:

There were a couple of those on my local roads, and it made me wonder why they made the rear end like that. I guess they were trying for the old style boot look of the 1940s, but jeez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

HotCanadianChick posted:

Welcome to Art and Science styling. Aka GM spending 4.3 billion dollars to make the ugliest luxury brand on the market.

...it looks like what happens when you tell a kid to draw using only a ruler. I've never been too keen on this Caddy styling but this car is amazingly bad looking.