Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
At least some creatures are sapient, the bigass dragon KR summons was a raid boss he contracted. (I assume the castling spell has a 1day cooldown)
Fairies, I assume, are just another sort of magical creature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kyte posted:

At least some creatures are sapient, the bigass dragon KR summons was a raid boss he contracted. (I assume the castling spell has a 1day cooldown)
Fairies, I assume, are just another sort of magical creature.

Fairies are part of the lore that presumably don't exist any more for reasons but were reasonably powerful or advanced.

The thing about that castleing trick was that he first had to get there as a summon which meant tons of overland and sea travel. Getting back was easy enough though

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

This episode felt like I was watching Idolm@ster.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
The two groups have got to cross paths eventually, otherwise I don't see the point of the previous episode.

If you haven't watched yet, prepare yourself for Rudy Overload.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Well Kanami and company are heading East, the kids are heading West, so it seems pretty logical. Of course aren't the evil guys and the magic train army somewhere between them now?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

ViggyNash posted:

The two groups have got to cross paths eventually, otherwise I don't see the point of the previous episode.

If you haven't watched yet, prepare yourself for Rudy Overload.

Previous ep is a teaser for the arc that comes after (plus provides some soon to be relevant info), they won't be meeting as far as I know.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

One of the groups would have to cross the sea between the continent and Yamato for them to meet.

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams
At least it looks like they'll be meeting somebody interesting. I'll be happy to see them actually doing something next episode.

Also, I love Rudy's choice of carriage. The pink Optimus Prime big rig is certainly his style!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nielsm posted:

One of the groups would have to cross the sea between the continent and Yamato for them to meet.

That sounds like it's own kind of fresh hell. "Here thar be dragons" would be a real and legitimate understatement.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Does the LN actually touch on questing, beyond that "we were busy so we forgot the annual goblin raid" and Landers for some reason stopping? I'd expect Scrub Team to have some experience at their level.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

In the new episode comfy slice of life as adventurers. A bit of power play from Honest, get these plebs out of our guild. Isaac training POTL to keep their overall forces strong and Roe2. Wow Roe2, for five minutes.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

While watching the kids in action is fun, I can't help but feel that the whole "lowbies are kids, max level folks are adults" thing kind of misses some opportunities. There should be some 13 year old lvl 90 out there, as well as some poor 30 year old who decided to level a new alt up with the new content and got stuck with a level 2 character when the world switched.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I found the whole episode pretty boring. I almost turned it off.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This episode was cute.

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
Was disappointed they teased Roe2 in last episode's preview and she ended up onscreen for about thirty seconds total.

Whole ton of setting up this ep. Hopefully the next has more to it.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Rather bland episode for the most part. I almost quit on the first half.

But the Rudy/Tohya bits turned out to be pretty good, and it looks like some hardcore political shenanigans are afoot in Akihabara.

I am confused by Roe 2 though. I have no idea why she's important or why she's a vampire cosplaying as Shiroe.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

ViggyNash posted:

I am confused by Roe 2 though. I have no idea why she's important or why she's a vampire cosplaying as Shiroe.

It's an alt character of his that was reanimated, like the gold-farm bot

"Let's title the episode after the new character!" *new character shows up for all of 5 seconds* thanks guys :geno:

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Emalde posted:

It's an alt character of his that was reanimated, like the gold-farm bot

Oh my god.

This is going to be the best arc.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

ViggyNash posted:

Oh my god.

This is going to be the best arc.

Even better, I'm thinking it was his roleplaying account with embarrassingly juvenile ideas. "I'M A VAMPIRE!!"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Neeksy posted:

Even better, I'm thinking it was his roleplaying account with embarrassingly juvenile ideas. "I'M A VAMPIRE!!"

Nah, that's her subclass. There are a bunch of weird, seemingly useless subclasses, remember?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Roe2 has to be one of the laziest alt names.

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.
Wtf you can't use numerals in your name, immersion broken.

Wind Tempest
Oct 9, 2007

I am the culmination of all that is wrong with japan.
I liked this episode alot. Even if it wasn't major stuff, there was still alot of small things happening. Like Serara being a glutton and Tohya trolling Rudy with white lies.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Episode 15 was what I needed. Make Rundel Hause Code the new main character please.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Rudy's starting to wear out his welcome with me. He's a one-note character who might be amusing enough if focusing on him didn't mean we were missing out on all the awesome poo poo going down with the other characters.

I mean, we've got Shiroe and company engaged in high level political intrigue and a competing guild with shadowy motivations. Adventurers are using their knowledge to jumpstart the Industrial Revolution. Someone out there is a party composed of a ninja turtle, a sentient gold farming bot, a legendary NPC, and the charismatic optimist who could bring them all together; but instead of any of that, we're getting babby's first dungeon crawl and the power of friendship.

Maybe I'm just not a dog person.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Unfortunately a lot of that other stuff (other than the turtle party) is volume 10+ and unreleased.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Is it really Rudy that you don't like? I'd argue Rudy is such a non-factor on his own, that it'd be more to say the whole newbie party isn't your thing. Which is fair, since they're not nearly as cool. Rudy is just such a lovable doofus though, I can't resist his charms.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
One thing you really need used to when reading Mamare's stuff is that he cares for everyone and that means he's gonna be putting time for everybody whether you like it or not. Maoyuu is the same. (Going by the manga on this one) While Demon Queen had war going on there's a ton of time spent following Older Sister Maid's journey of personal discovery and assorted side stories from all over the place.

Also Rudie is a really likable character he's like super arrogant except he's not.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
They aren't even doing any dungeon crawls. This is purely a road trip. I'm actually kind of surprised that they aren't stopping by some smaller dungeons since they can only travel for 6 hours a day, though. They are already out there, so why not try for a few drops?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Prolly overleveled for most of the nearby content.

I think the adventure kicks up this week?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

An new episode and some light flirtations. I now feel uncomfortable knowing Nureha.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Annointed posted:

An new episode and some light flirtations. I now feel uncomfortable knowing Nureha.

I'm pretty sure that's expected. Gotta wonder what she's actually doing though.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
This show just gets prettier by the episode!

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I bet they cheapened out on that part to put the money on the twirl right afterwards.

Lotsa new plot threads introduced today.

That thing is ominous as gently caress.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Kyte posted:

I bet they cheapened out on that part to put the money on the twirl right afterwards.

Lotsa new plot threads introduced today.

That thing is ominous as gently caress.

I wonder what kind of memory that mobile cathedral puts you thru, if the real one is already slightly disturbing. That lead guy had some crazy eyes.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

darkgray posted:

This show just gets prettier by the episode!

Serara spooning that mayo on was some serious QUALITY.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

That was ominous. I noticed the area was PvP during the scene transition and was :tinfoil: during the whole of the last few scenes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
An unstable society complete with an earnest suggestion for wealth redistribution and also an incredibly convenient invention that might drive people insane. This is extremely my poo poo. Forget the last couple arcs, things are really starting to get good now. What's more, it isn't action-packed so the lovely animation is barely relevant.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
You spawn on whatever "cathedral" is closest right? So if the scrubs die right now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

A jargogle posted:

You spawn on whatever "cathedral" is closest right? So if the scrubs die right now...

Whichever was last visited I believe.

• Locked thread