Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Now we just need to see the threshgot in competitive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
is there some reason for picking up Mejai's or are they just trolling because they are losing

stump collector
May 28, 2007
link is good now guys

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

And Link with the clutch plays. Not a great day for the bench callers.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

exethan posted:

link is good now guys

Seems really likely Dexter was in fact a toxic shitlord. Link has played so well since he went away it's unreal. This is C9 Link right here.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I really hope that Blitzcrank is the permanent solution to people running these bullshit Shield / Xerath teams that stall competitive games forever.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Transient People posted:

Seems really likely Dexter was in fact a toxic shitlord. Link has played so well since he went away it's unreal. This is C9 Link right here.
i think its highly possible that they both were, but he is playing Real Good now (3 games in)

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

I really hope that Blitzcrank is the permanent solution to people running these bullshit Shield / Xerath teams that stall competitive games forever.
Especially Aphromoo's Blitz. Loving all the crazy action this game :allears:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Libertine posted:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

babydonthurtme posted:

Especially Aphromoo's Blitz. Loving all the crazy action this game :allears:

Aphro is seriously playing like he wants to steal Sneaky's seemingly locked down MVP right now. That was absolutely unreal. Dude reserves a respect ban on his robot.

most erotic flower
Mar 9, 2006

aww yiss
motha
fuckin
titties

exethan posted:

link is good now guys

Link definitely played well but Aphro just handed him a bunch of kills, Aphro's the real star this game

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

link having a good game doesnt mean dexter is a toxic shitlord. It could be link plays better when he has a better team environment, and that environment could be one where his jungler isnt asking to him to play league of legends. maybe xmithie doesnt give a poo poo how much anime link watches or how much hearthstone he plays.

Or maybe last season was a wake up call and he is taking practicing more seriously, and the relationship with Dexter was so broken it wasnt going to be repaired even if Link had said wake up call.

tbh Dexter's champion pool was so small by the end of last season it made Amazing look deep. Elise getting nerfed over and over did him no favors.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Transient People posted:

Nah he got trashed by Fenix on Azir as LeBlanc the other day, but he looks better than he did last summer at any rate.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Why's Lulu coming back?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Avalon really doesn't look like he's LCS material, does he?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Aumanor posted:

Remember when Marn made it into the LCS.

Dyrus gonna Dyrus.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Aumanor posted:

He's had to lane against a very strong lane bully all game as a utility mage, so I don't know if that's him being bad or him just being put in a really bad situation.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hypocrisy posted:

Why's Lulu coming back?

I think this is a protect the Tristana comp. Lulu is still good for shield comps.

Aumanor posted:

Sort of hard to tell, TSM spent a lot of resources on trying to keep him down and tilt him. He's no Dyrus though, that's for sure.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Hypocrisy posted:

Why's Lulu coming back?

It's not just Lulu. There are a lot of priority champs right now that fell out of favor over the course of last season. Just look at all of the hard engage supports being ran right now.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

He's had to lane against a very strong lane bully all game as a utility mage, so I don't know if that's him being bad or him just being put in a really bad situation.

That and LCS rookies seem to have trouble adapting to the NA meta for a bit. This isn't really indicative of anything. Look at his game tomorrow for a better idea of what he's like.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Now that Kalista's been picked in multiple competitive games, what do you make of her?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Aumanor posted:

Now that Kalista's been picked in multiple competitive games, what do you make of her?

That she's exactly as incredible as was predicted and good ADCs can rock people's world with it.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Aumanor posted:

Her + Hard Engage support shits all over these terrible shield comps.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Aumanor posted:

Last week the Kalista picks got blown up. This week the Kalistas did nicely but it seems like their whole team dominated so...her Dragon/Baron control is really good. That's about all I can say.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
When does Imagine replace Gleeb again? Next week?

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

Hypocrisy posted:

Last week the Kalista picks got blown up. This week the Kalistas did nicely but it seems like their whole team dominated so...her Dragon/Baron control is really good. That's about all I can say.

Sneaky said Kalista's passive was bugged for the LCS last week. I think her kit is insanely good at a high level of play.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
"Cloud9 tied with Dignitas," remember that phrase because you're never going to hear it again.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Kalista has been played in Korea and China before this and hasn't emerged as a top ADC, but maybe the bug/patch difference effect that.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

quote:

@LustboyLoL 30m30 minutes ago

GGWP to @Winterfoxgg. Finally defeated my rival today.. I feel good

occipitallobe
Jul 16, 2012

Sneaky is obscenely good. I also think C9 made a really good choice giving Hai a more utility-based champions. Everyone knows they can just punish the poo poo out of him when he goes on carry-style assassins and that's exactly what everyone does, at which point their shotcalling falls apart. If you're gonna have your midlaner shotcall, you need to make sure he can't be camped into uselessness. Back when NA LCS offered Reginald as its most competitive midlane talent, Hai's 'poo poo on everyone with assassins' style of play was just fine. Nowadays NA has good mid talent, and it just doesn't work anymore unless you're either gambling on your midlaner winning (pointless when you're a teamfight team like C9) or you're top 2 mid facing down one of the bottom 4. If Hai wasn't their shotcaller, it'd probably be fine, but he's the largest point of vulnerability for C9 and they need to spend more time mitigating that.

Anyway, predictions for this morning (seriously, it's like 5 am or something when the games air in Australia).

Cloud 9 vs CLG
Dignitas vs Winterfox
TSM vs Liquid
Team Impulse vs Team 8
Team Coast vs Gravity

If C9 can replicate today, they'll smash CLG. On the other hand, I think Liquid were at their weakest point for the rest of the season in this match, and as their synergy with Piglet grows they'll only get stronger. I just don't think tomorrow is the point where they'll equal TSM.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

...You really see Dig beating Winterfox? Sure, they lost, but they didn't lose half as hard as either of the other teams with debutantes on their rosters in spite of facing a TSM that looked reinvigorated. Dig is trashcan tier, I doubt they're gonna beat WFX.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Cloud 9 vs CLG
Dignitas vs Winterfox
TSM vs Liquid
Team Impulse vs Team 8
Team Coast vs Gravity

Revenge of the Korean imports

occipitallobe
Jul 16, 2012

Transient People posted:

...You really see Dig beating Winterfox? Sure, they lost, but they didn't lose half as hard as either of the other teams with debutantes on their rosters in spite of facing a TSM that looked reinvigorated. Dig is trashcan tier, I doubt they're gonna beat WFX.

Honestly, that's more a tossup. Dig beat Coast, WFX lost to Coast. WFX might be stronger in the long run, but 1 day after a 33 minute loss to TSM? Probably not. I tend not to have faith in teams in the week they replace or bring in a player, and it's usually borne out.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Piglet forgot his masteries. Today was just a really lovely day for the guy.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

occipitallobe posted:

Honestly, that's more a tossup. Dig beat Coast, WFX lost to Coast. WFX might be stronger in the long run, but 1 day after a 33 minute loss to TSM? Probably not. I tend not to have faith in teams in the week they replace or bring in a player, and it's usually borne out.

Dig beat Coast because Coast beat themselves

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Marin Karin posted:

Piglet forgot his masteries. Today was just a really lovely day for the guy.

There's no way

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

henkman posted:

There's no way

He's probably joking, I thought they were supposed to double check that before the game starts, and the names in the final screen don't look like the names from the game he played this afternoon. I can't zoom in to be sure though.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

henkman posted:

There's no way

I refuse to believe such a brainfart could happen at the pro stage. That's an entirely new level of 'whoops', way beyond buying Boots 1 again when you have Boots 2.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Here's the match. Everyone has full mastery pages except for Piglet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Marin Karin posted:

Here's the match. Everyone has full mastery pages except for Piglet.

:stare: Haha holy gently caress what an idiot

• Locked thread