Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Wow, that whole trailer is very, very Matrix including that tag line.

I read the first book, and she only does that kind of stuff in dreams while hooked up to a machine, but maybe the second one goes off the rails?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

bullet3 posted:

Like how about instead of putting all this work into going "look at how 80s retro-future cool this is nudge nudge wink wink", someone just tried to make a sincere movie of the calibre of The Terminator or Escape from New York, without any of this ironic bullshit. Those movies weren't memorable because they were trying to in-joke to something from 20 years before, they were memorable because they're awesome movies, period. Same reason I can't stand Planet Terror or Machete.

The Guest is maybe a good example of a modern version of those genres that's legitimately good on its own terms without having to wink at the audience every 5 minutes.
It's 30 years now by the way, which is why they're moving on to the 90s.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

First, that's wildly Matrix ripoff-y.

Second those graphics and font look retarded.

Third Shailene Woodley needs to spend the rest of her life tied to a shed in somebody's backyard where she can tan her vagina and eat all the dirt she wants and stop reminding me she exists.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

kiimo posted:

Third Shailene Woodley needs to spend the rest of her life tied to a shed in somebody's backyard where she can tan her vagina and eat all the dirt she wants and stop reminding me she exists.

:stare:

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The MSJ posted:

Insurgent: Divergent Part 2 Super Bowl trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX0cKXoJSrA

I haven't watched the first one, so I have no idea what's happening. Shailene Woodley is apparently Neo.

Particle Effects: The Movie

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Her words.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Rather that than bleaching her vagina & vomiting dirt I guess.

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

She literally eats dirt. She thinks you should too.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

computer parts posted:

It's 30 years now by the way, which is why they're moving on to the 90s.

How long was Hollywood infatuated with the '70s?

To be honest, the '80s trend will probably be over when Tarantino comes out with his science fiction movie after Hateful 8, because you know that's going to be heavily inspired by Enio Castellari and Sergio Martino output through the time.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

DetoxP posted:

Pica's a bitch.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

DetoxP posted:

She also literally tans her vagina and talks about it nearly every interview.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Learn something new every day.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

PriorMarcus posted:

To be honest that's something else than the tepid poo poo that could just as easily be about ice hockey. "I wanted to get in his head, you know? And once I was in there, I knew what I had to do, how to play my part in it."

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Shailene Woodley have actually been in a couple of good movies, you know. And even the Critic's Choice people think she was good enough in Divergent to nominate her for Best Action Movie Actress.

Also, she's really pretty especially with short hair.

Moving along, here's another Trailer For A Trailer. Tomorrowland, this time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7LSNCU-Znc

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

Also, has hug fights with wolves.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

When she said it I was immediately reminded of Rebeca in 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

The MSJ posted:

Shailene Woodley have actually been in a couple of good movies, you know. And even the Critic's Choice people think she was good enough in Divergent to nominate her for Best Action Movie Actress.

Also, she's really pretty especially with short hair.

She might be pretty and talented but I just find it infuriating when someone in their early 20s thinks they've found some key to happiness and insists on bestowing their wisdom to the world at every opportunity, especially when it involves eating clay and exposing your most delicate skin to UV rays.

Shut up. You're 20.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jan 31, 2015

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

The MSJ posted:

Moving along, here's another Trailer For A Trailer. Tomorrowland, this time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7LSNCU-Znc

I forgot about this movie but I really want to see it.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
I was going to comment that someone who's not familiar with Terminator (I know, but there have to be some) would have no idea what its trailer is trying to convey.

And then I watched that Insurgent trailer and realized, I have no idea what it's about or trying to convey.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

kiimo posted:

When she said it I was immediately reminded of Rebeca in 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

She might be pretty and talented but I just find it infuriating when someone in their early 20s thinks they've found some key to happiness and insists on bestowing their wisdom to the world at every opportunity, especially when it involves eating clay and exposing your most delicate skin to UV rays.

Shut up. You're 20.

Literally everybody says dumb loving poo poo though, it's just easier to keep track of the celebs doing it. I mean whoever your idols are, I'm pretty sure someone could find documention of them doing or saying something incredibly daft. Nude tanning is hella common, and eating dirt whatever who cares.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Literally everybody says dumb loving poo poo though, it's just easier to keep track of the celebs doing it. I mean whoever your idols are, I'm pretty sure someone could find documention of them doing or saying something incredibly daft. Nude tanning is hella common, and eating dirt whatever who cares.

Google her Letterman interview, she says some exceptionally dumb poo poo. The dirt eating is because it bonds with toxins in the body or some crap. Dave asked her what's the difference between dirt and clay and she couldn't answer.

God bless Dave Letterman.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Dillbag posted:

Google her Letterman interview, she says some exceptionally dumb poo poo. The dirt eating is because it bonds with toxins in the body or some crap. Dave asked her what's the difference between dirt and clay and she couldn't answer.

God bless Dave Letterman.

Alright. I don't feel like watching videos so I'll take your word for it.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Is that Tommorowland trailer teaser even any new footage?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

smackfu posted:

Is that Tommorowland trailer teaser even any new footage?

Pretty sure the shot of the city is new.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i Tan my dick in the morning sun.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Can we please stop talking about Shailene Woodley's vagina? For gently caress's sake.

Anyway, has the Child 44 trailer been posted? Apparently the book's really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uia6y9SRsj4

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah, all you guys are accomplishing is just convincing me that Shailene Woodley is super awesome. Let's have a trailer for a film that is surely shaking up Sundance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjdg5HI_NsA

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I still can't believe we have a trilogy of films loosely based off the 'Amberlamps/Epic Beard Man' YouTube video. Boggles the mind.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

davidspackage posted:

I like how it's basically the Robocop remake, reversed - Hugh Jackman's evil guy wants to push human-controlled robots instead of the autonomous robot.

No, it's literally Short Circuit starring a pair of lovely homophobic rappers.

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

Jedit posted:

No, it's literally Short Circuit starring a pair of lovely homophobic rappers.

They're not homophobic their DJ is gay

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I think Tomorrowland is my most anticipated film of the year.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

KidVanguard posted:

They're not homophobic their DJ is gay

Seriously? Then why does one of their songs have him singing "Don't touch my penis, I'm not gay"?

Either way, I'll stand by the other two words. They neither of them have any discernible acting talent either, which doesn't bode well.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jedit posted:

Seriously? Then why does one of their songs have him singing "Don't touch my penis, I'm not gay"?

Because Ninja and Hi-Tek are two different people, maybe?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Jedit posted:

Either way, I'll stand by the other two words. They neither of them have any discernible acting talent either, which doesn't bode well.

Not a definitive answer but at least some explanation for that line Less than a minute to get an explanation.

E: Re: Shitheels. Unfortunate if true.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jan 31, 2015

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

Jedit posted:

With all the homophobia in music, particularly rap, that seems like just about one of the least offensive lyrics I've ever seen.

But homophobic or not, they both legitimately are terrible shitheels. Apparently, Ninja was enough of a cock to the rest of the cast & crew that the director wrote him out of the end of the film just days before they shot it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

BlueBayou posted:

I think Tomorrowland is my most anticipated film of the year.

The trailer for it is amazing.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The trailer for it is amazing.

It really is. Her touching the coin (?) with the quick flash as she drops it is just fantastic imagery.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I am in Asia. How many hours before the Super Bowl trailers start dropping?

Meanwhile, here is a trailer to the most successul film in the history of the Indian film industry. It has Aamir Khan playing an alien.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv3BHQhZEQo

Malaysian movie, which is sort of about aliens.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0VMvVnEvl8

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

The MSJ posted:

I am in Asia. How many hours before the Super Bowl trailers start dropping?

Meanwhile, here is a trailer to the most successul film in the history of the Indian film industry. It has Aamir Khan playing an alien.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv3BHQhZEQo

Louis de Funès' spirit lives on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The MSJ posted:

Malaysian movie, which is sort of about aliens.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0VMvVnEvl8

drat Malay hipsters..... does look pretty decent though.

• Locked thread