Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Dieting Hippo posted:

i would be cool if they got rid of stupid pokemon lucario and like half the fire emblem people. dont even replace em. thats my story.

i'll destroy you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I should elaborate. In that post I was referring to Diddy Kong, one of the stars of the Donkey Kong Country games

hmmmm no

Waverhouse
Jun 8, 2009

A highly sophisticated simpleton.
In a match with Rosalina I always feel bad for the guy fighting her. She's such a frustrating character to play against.

Maleficent
May 26, 2014
did you mean: villager

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dieting Hippo posted:

i would be cool if they got rid of stupid pokemon lucario and like half the fire emblem people. dont even replace em. thats my story.

The actual most hosed up post in this thread

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

someone hook me up with recordings of cool smash 4 pool matches from today. i wasn't able to watch any of it

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

TheKingofSprings posted:

The actual most hosed up post in this thread

Agreed. It should say "all" instead of just "half"

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

sharrrk posted:

ice climbers were planned to be the game and were only removed because the 3ds couldn't Deal

roy is one of the least popular fire emblem protagonists

pichu did not take off in popularity like the other playable pokemon did

mewtwo is coming to smash 4 and there's evidence he was planned for brawl as well

Yeah Roy got like, the biggest break by being one of the first Fire Emblem related things in Smash and that's probably the only thing he's ever had going for him.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

sharrrk posted:

someone hook me up with recordings of cool smash 4 pool matches from today. i wasn't able to watch any of it

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/618731357

skip to 2:40:00 to watch sonic do something cool

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Agreed. It should say "all" instead of just "half"

A better idea would be to cut Bowser Jr., Mario's got too many loving reps anyways

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

They really should make a new Goemon game, imagine fighting giant robots aboard Impact in FULL 3D on the Nintendo 3DS and also have him and Ebisumaru, Yae an Sasuke in Smash. I think I'll email Sakurai about it.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

A better idea would be to cut Bowser Jr., Mario's got too many loving reps anyways

this man would remove the koopa kids before he removed rosalina smh

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

super mario will never have enough reps in smash bros

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/618731357

skip to 2:40:00 to watch sonic do something cool

thank you for this. sonic is my friend and i am glad to see he is doing well

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
I left the tournament hours ago but did anyone watch it and if so, can you tell me how my one friend and also one normal looking guy there named Chilling Dude did in the tournament

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
Ganondorf mirror in melee :stare:

He looks top tier compared to smash 4

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I like playing as sonic and dive kicking of the stage for a spike, double jumping and springing back up because if I land it it looks cool and if I gently caress it up and SD I just killed sonic

Edit: I just beat the poo poo out of my friend with Kirby in a few sets I want to pretend he's the toppest of tiers.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

TenaciousJ posted:

Ganondorf mirror in melee :stare:

He looks top tier compared to smash 4

GANONDOOOORRRRRF

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I came back from APEX.

I have no interesting stories. I wished I got to try Splatoon. I went because the new site was like 20 minutes away. It's sort of weird to know some people flew from Australia to be there.

I guess it's funny how so many people wanted their controllers autographed by M2K.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Echo Chamber posted:

I guess it's funny how so many people wanted their controllers autographed by M2K.

lucky fuckers

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Ruggington posted:

GANONDOOOORRRRRF

Seriously, I haven't played against a Ganondorf in Melee in probably 8 years and I can't believe Sakurai hosed him so hard.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

TenaciousJ posted:

Seriously, I haven't played against a Ganondorf in Melee in probably 8 years and I can't believe Sakurai hosed him so hard.

Sakurai's vision is Ganondorf as a grandpa

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Sakurai's vision is Ganondorf as a grandpa

Good.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

TenaciousJ posted:

it only makes the taste of success sweeter

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Ruggington posted:

it only makes the taste of success sweeter

Sounds to me like "I lose all the time and want to hide behind my character choice as the reason" :colbert:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I decided to look at the Salty Suite and it's really boring. Are these guys lower end of pro players or what because it's not hype at all :sigh:

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

I'm enjoying literally Fox/Falco FD salty suite.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

TenaciousJ posted:

Sounds to me like "I lose all the time and want to hide behind my character choice as the reason" :colbert:

my character choices are immaculate and I am a champion

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
I think Ganondorf in SSB4 is really fun. He's strong, and his speed is a nice balance. You're still slow, but you can hit people, and hitting people is satisfying as hell. They might slap you around, but one good read and you can murder them in short order. I think he's pretty well-balanced as a heavy character and is more unique than Melee Ganondorf.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Axe you are too much

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

KamikazePotato posted:

I think Ganondorf in SSB4 is really fun. He's strong, and his speed is a nice balance. You're still slow, but you can hit people, and hitting people is satisfying as hell. They might slap you around, but one good read and you can murder them in short order. I think he's pretty well-balanced as a heavy character and is more unique than Melee Ganondorf.

his numbers need some work but he's 100% more interesting to me than melee ganondorf ever will be. melee ganondorf is ok and i respect everyone who plays him but he's no grandpa

Ruggington posted:

Axe you are too much

pika pikaaa

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TenaciousJ posted:

Yeah, it sucks. The whole "slow but strong" character doesn't work in Smash at all, he was so much more satisfying to use in Melee because he didn't telegraph everything like a mother fucker and he was still a powerhouse that would gently caress your poo poo up.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
http://gfycat.com/GiddyGrossAxolotl

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

lmao

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
that was uhh something

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i feel like ive been owned

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

tbp posted:

I left the tournament hours ago but did anyone watch it and if so, can you tell me how my one friend and also one normal looking guy there named Chilling Dude did in the tournament

He's on stream in the salty suites right now. He's getting destroyed by Leffen.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

This must be retribution for that rap

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

tbp posted:

he got wrecked 0-5 by a swede

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
My boy completely wrecked Chillin and before that PC beat Ken.

It's a good day to be into smash.

• Locked thread