Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

Ah neat, I'm leveling an archer right now.

Yeah, one of the things I really like about this game is that the localizers really seem to genuinely enjoy fleshing out and writing about the game's lore. There's tons of neat bits of information you can gather just from running around and talking to NPCs, and it really ties the world together.

And like you mentioned, being constantly at war with a hostile beast tribe faction probably doesn't leave you too much time to plan war against other nations. That being said, I can't imagine a nation founded on commerce and one founded on piracy of said commerce don't have some bad blood between them somewhere down the line. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Fister Roboto posted:

The price listed on the MB doesn't include taxes, so if you buy something listed in Limsa for 1000g and you're in Uldah, you'll pay 1050g total (and the 50g doesn't go to anyone, it just vanishes into the aether). You're correct that you'd still undercut by 1g. I was just pointing out that the first item listed doesn't always sell first, since there are plenty of people who are too lazy to teleport to get a better deal, or in some cases the cost of teleporting is more than what they'd save.

Another situation where the first item listed wouldn't sell first is for large stacks of items. This is particularly infuriating to me, because what usually ends up happening is people will put smaller stacks on the market for a lower price.

Weird way of doing it, but good point. And from my experience, you can usually get away with charging MORE than the list price for smaller stacks, since sometimes people just want one but there's a flood of 99 stacks. So, they go for the more expensive per-item one, but cheaper overall.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh yeah you can definitely do that. The problem is that the majority of players won't consider stack sizes when listing items, and will just undercut whatever is the lowest price. So you'll often see

Fire Crystal - 1 - 99gil
Fire Crystal - 10000 - 100gil

It's really hard to play the market smart when everyone else is playing it stupid!

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

fount of knowledge posted:

Yeah, one of the things I really like about this game is that the localizers really seem to genuinely enjoy fleshing out and writing about the game's lore. There's tons of neat bits of information you can gather just from running around and talking to NPCs, and it really ties the world together.

And like you mentioned, being constantly at war with a hostile beast tribe faction probably doesn't leave you too much time to plan war against other nations. That being said, I can't imagine a nation founded on commerce and one founded on piracy of said commerce don't have some bad blood between them somewhere down the line. :v:

The sultanate has nothing to lose in supporting Limsa and the Admiral since she outlawed outright piracy and moved to privateering imperial ships.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Oh yeah you can definitely do that. The problem is that the majority of players won't consider stack sizes when listing items, and will just undercut whatever is the lowest price. So you'll often see

Fire Crystal - 1 - 99gil

It's really hard to play the market smart when everyone else is playing it stupid!

I've been reminded this weekend why investing in high margin low volume items is a bad idea, so much undercutting.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Fister Roboto posted:

Fire Crystal - 1 - 99gil

I was actually doing that in the very beginning because I had no idea what items were valuable, so I basically just undercut everything by 1gil. Granted, it was mostly random drops I had gotten off enemies. I quickly realized what things at least moved regardless of whether I continued undercutting or not so now I just keep them at a reasonable price based on history.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

We have cracked the code, Lalafell are not divided by clans but cultivars.

Here we see a bunch of Dududes.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

fount of knowledge posted:

I looked at my Fishing Log for the first time today and noticed that the fish entries have different text than their tooltips in inventory.

I really don't want to catch them all...

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I haven't done much fishing in the game, but I have to ask: How do you find fish locations without google?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I haven't done much fishing in the game, but I have to ask: How do you find fish locations without google?
Ask other players who know, or fish everywhere with a variety of baits until the list of fish in the hole is completely full. If you can look at the inventory tooltip it might hint what sort of terrain you should be fishing in, or it might not.

Crusty Juggler
Mar 26, 2009

sunsweet posted:

What's even the point of this game if you can't be the gayest and prettiest you can possibly be

You have a point.

And for anyone on Leviathan, Flexington McMuscles is an ilvl 80 Paladin who's always looking for more folks to run instances with! Feel free to hit me up if anyone else is stuck on that server.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Eej posted:

I looked at my Fishing Log for the first time today and noticed that the fish entries have different text than their tooltips in inventory.

I really don't want to catch them all...

You know it's going to happen so why fight it

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

RuanGacho posted:

We have cracked the code, Lalafell are not divided by clans but cultivars.

Here we see a bunch of Dududes.

I think you need reeeaaaaaly fancy dirt to grow those.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I think I just completed the last of the 2.5 story quests for now...

I am presuming "In Memory of Moenbryda" is the last for now, right? Also, gently caress you Midgardsormr you lizard piece of poo poo :(

EDIT: Okay, I went back in the thread and read some of the speculation. I kind of read Midgardsormr's actions as an indirect 'gently caress YOU' (Though the stripping of the blessing of light still kinda was), rather than him watching over you in proxy to Hydeline. Still, he is a dick.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Feb 1, 2015

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Unlucky7 posted:

I think I just completed the last of the 2.5 story quests for now...

I am presuming "In Memory of Moenbryda" is the last for now, right? Also, gently caress you Midgardsormr you lizard piece of poo poo :(

EDIT: Okay, I went back in the thread and read some of the speculation. I kind of read Midgardsormr's actions as an indirect 'gently caress YOU' (Though the stripping of the blessing of light still kinda was), rather than him watching over you in proxy to Hydeline. Still, he is a dick.

Just doing what Dragons do.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
tbh we should just let them fight it out because both sides are assholes except for a few dudes but you gotta break some eggs to make a cooked egg

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Cloud Strife outfit announced as a 720 day veteran reward. Get your dress up on, nerds.

(also a lot of stuff about Gold Saucer that'll be translated by the community team sometime next week maybe)

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Eight-Six posted:

Cloud Strife outfit announced as a 720 day veteran reward. Get your dress up on, nerds.

(also a lot of stuff about Gold Saucer that'll be translated by the community team sometime next week maybe)

feb. 24th confirmed

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I just want a Wind-Up Sephiroth who sneaks up on other minions and murders them.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Libi's rough live letter notes:

quote:

triple triad:
can challenge other players in triple triad
cards from gold saucer and as drops etc.

chocobo:
breeding
chocobo gains exp from racing, feed to increase attributes
chests that give some kind of items on the race track

G.A.T.E.:
Gold saucer Active Time Event
simon says
some kind of run in a circle thing with typhon
run and dodge bombs
JUMPING PUZZLES

cactpot:
lottery
jumbo cactpot one ticket per week
minicactpot one ticket per day
drawing might be at the peak time of your datacenter? (likely understood that completely wrong)

and various mini-games
claw game (moogle's paw)
strength test game (crystal tower striker)
basketball toss (monster toss)
punch game (cuff-a-cur)
most are "press butan at right time"

3 sets of clothing
turtle and fenrir mount

triple triad boards in your house?

Poultron
May 26, 2006

If there's one thing that would be really cool it would be being able to play Hearthstone inside of WoW, or at least being able to directly challenge people.

Being able to challenge people to Triple Triad will be extremely rad.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

If you don't think the best thing out of that list is a turtle mount, I don't want to know you.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

If the turtle mount spins to move the way the turtle minion does, it'll be the best mount ever. Bonus points if the lalafell mount animation for it is the cling-on-for-dear-life one.

e: Or better yet, if everything, even big hulking roes, got the lalafell cling-on-for-dear-life animation.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHKI6QWoIPA

Moogle suit makes everything better.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

Martman posted:

I just want a Wind-Up Sephiroth who sneaks up on other minions and murders them.

I want a outfit that makes your Chocobo look like Cloud.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
AAAAAAHHHHH

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Velthice posted:

AAAAAAHHHHH

E Z game

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2ue33n/pvp_how_to_deal_with_adders_as_flames_in/

Tunnel Snakes rule

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

Velthice posted:

AAAAAAHHHHH

Are you the one dressed as Lightning?

Poultron
May 26, 2006

That's us. And we rule.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Isn't "kill as many enemy players as possible" the objective of Slaughter? Seems like the snakes are performing the objectives quite well to me.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

quote:

chocobo:
breeding
chocobo gains exp from racing, feed to increase attributes

RIP the dreams of poors who wish to be able to breed racing chocobo

Spell_blade
Apr 8, 2009

MikeyLikesIt posted:

Salforis Mors. One of the dudes in the guild reiterated that he was a guy after someone hit on him or something over FC and he went apeshit and went on this "WAHWAH WHY YOU DUDES BEING GIRLS" crusade.

I'm in the same FC as you and yeah... He's weird as gently caress. I remember someone told a really stupid yo momma joke in mumble and he flipped the gently caress out and threatened to shut down the mumble until the other leader Super Mario had to talk him off the ledge.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

CoalforChristmas posted:

I'm in the same FC as you and yeah... He's weird as gently caress. I remember someone told a really stupid yo momma joke in mumble and he flipped the gently caress out and threatened to shut down the mumble until the other leader Super Mario had to talk him off the ledge.

Wait, "other leader". This weirdo is in charge? :gonk:

I'd find another FC myself.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

We over on Excalibur are a simple folk, with simple ideals, but that guy y'all are describing sounds like what we'd call a "shitlord". Generally you'll find the game much more enjoyable when you're not forced to interact with such people, particularly if they're say IN CHARGE OF YOUR GODDAMN FREE COMPANY. :shepicide:

Spell_blade
Apr 8, 2009

Rynn posted:

Wait, "other leader". This weirdo is in charge? :gonk:

I'd find another FC myself.

He's a higher up but he's not the actual leader. Super Mario's the official leader. Sal's just a higher up and pays for the mumble server. And I have many stories about his strange and weird behavior.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Beard EX DOWN, suck it bearddad.

4 goons and 4 pubbies, 6 of us were technically newbies and got our first clears. Now on to Shiva EX.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Alexander HM will be a higher difficuly spike than SCOB->Savage Coil, will drop it's own ilevel of gear

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2uecly/alexander_hard_will_be_harder_than_savage_coil/

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Rei_ posted:

Alexander HM will be a higher difficuly spike than SCOB->Savage Coil, will drop it's own ilevel of gear

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2uecly/alexander_hard_will_be_harder_than_savage_coil/

I'm interested to see that Pentamelded Crafted stuff wasn't what they wanted that stuff to be used for. As for harder than Savage Coil we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Ouhei posted:

Beard EX DOWN, suck it bearddad.

4 goons and 4 pubbies, 6 of us were technically newbies and got our first clears. Now on to Shiva EX.
The nightmare is over.

• Locked thread