Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, while the marketing was awfully handled, I kinda liked the Marvel Divas mini she was in. It had Hellcat, Firestar, Black Cat and... Monica Rambeau, I think? as galpals in NYC.

I think Patsy also popped up in the weird attempt, about five years ago, to bring Millie the Model and the rest of the characters from Patsy's original romance books into the main MU. Like, one of the models came out as a lesbian and also wanted to be a superhero, and they called in Johnny Storm to help them solve a murder. It was interesting, at least, even if it wasn't necessarily actually good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
From how they talked about her, I doubt Carol Danvers will appear in anything less than a film first. I could see her showing up in Agents of Shield though, unlikely though.

If Thanos doesn't say Drat at some point I'll be upset.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

twistedmentat posted:

From how they talked about her, I doubt Carol Danvers will appear in anything less than a film first. I could see her showing up in Agents of Shield though, unlikely though.

If Thanos doesn't say Drat at some point I'll be upset.

If Agents of SHIELD is still on the air after her first movie appearance, I wouldn't be surprised to see a cameo, but yeah, there's no way she shows up their first

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I saw someone elsewhere comment that it'd be a neat reference if the 'child TV star' means that she starred in some tween sitcom or something that's based on the old Patsy romance comics.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

This is incredibly relevant to my interests. Thank you!

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Hot drat, I've been waiting for so long for Marvel to make a Patsy Walker Rom-Com that seems totally normal then after several seasons/sequels make her series do a massive & sudden record-scratch tonal shift into superheroine, please make this happen Feige.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
David Tennant talked to the Radio Times (kinda the UK's TV Guide, for lack of a better comparison.

There's actually a pretty good photoshop at the bottom of the article of him, and if a magazine web-editor could do that in 10 minutes, Marvel Stuidos might be able to make the purple skin thing work.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Timely wimey//Grapey rapey

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.
So, does anyone know why ABC makes folks wait a full week before you can watch Agents of SHIELD/Agent Carter when this is a network that used to literally broadcast their poo poo over the airwaves for free? I'm all for supporting the show and watching it through official channels so that ABC is aware that Agent Carter is something they should be planning more of, but it's really frustrating to see all of DC's poo poo up the next day while ABC requires you to have a cable subscription if you want to watch it sooner than a week ahead of time.

Maybe this is just a dumb rant, and I know that the answer is "money," but still, this feels idiotic when you used to be able to literally tune your antenna to their signal.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

bairfanx posted:

So, does anyone know why ABC makes folks wait a full week before you can watch Agents of SHIELD/Agent Carter when this is a network that used to literally broadcast their poo poo over the airwaves for free? I'm all for supporting the show and watching it through official channels so that ABC is aware that Agent Carter is something they should be planning more of, but it's really frustrating to see all of DC's poo poo up the next day while ABC requires you to have a cable subscription if you want to watch it sooner than a week ahead of time.

Maybe this is just a dumb rant, and I know that the answer is "money," but still, this feels idiotic when you used to be able to literally tune your antenna to their signal.

Huh? I thought you could still get channels over the air?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Where are you going that you have to wait a week to see the episode?

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

XboxPants posted:

Huh? I thought you could still get channels over the air?

I was under the impression that the whole digital conversion changed this? Maybe I just imagined that, but I'm still confused as to why ABC would literally give their poo poo away as a broadcast network but then not toss it online at a reasonable amount of time. As of right now, if I want to stream Agent Carter episode 4 on ABC, I need to have a cable account.

JT Smiley posted:

Where are you going that you have to wait a week to see the episode?

I already said? ABC's site? I'm required to log in with an account from a cable company if I want to view it any sooner online. Pretty sure it's a week-long wait before they stream it there. I'm aware that there are loads of places you can watch it illegally, but I would actually like them to know that people like this show.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

bairfanx posted:

I was under the impression that the whole digital conversion changed this? Maybe I just imagined that, but I'm still confused as to why ABC would literally give their poo poo away as a broadcast network but then not toss it online at a reasonable amount of time. As of right now, if I want to stream Agent Carter episode 4 on ABC, I need to have a cable account.

I already said? ABC's site? I'm required to log in with an account from a cable company if I want to view it any sooner online. Pretty sure it's a week-long wait before they stream it there. I'm aware that there are loads of places you can watch it illegally, but I would actually like them to know that people like this show.

Download it now, have it play in the background on the offical site next week.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Surprised no one has mentioned this

Mehcad Brooks has been cast as Jimmy Olsen on CBS' Supergirl

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Thank you for posting that in about every conceivably relevant thread, especially in ones where it's already been posted and talked about!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Koalas March posted:

Mehcad Brooks has been cast as Jimmy Olsen in the Supergirl series.

I gotta say I'm digging DCTVs trend of mixing up the racial make up on their shows. Nothing will top the flawless casting that is Candice Patton, however. I can't help but feel this will benefit them a lot in the long run. I know a bunch of people excited for the vixen series, even.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Ah, I missed that.

My bad.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

bairfanx posted:

You can still receive broadcast channels, you just need an HD antenna (unless your TV has one built in) to pick up the new format. As for Agent Carter, the episodes are always up on Hulu the day after broadcast so maybe try there? Same for A.O.S.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
The broadcasts are free and over the air, but ABC and other major networks have On Demand deals with cable networks which can lead to delays in free on demand services.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Yeah, after I posted it occurred to me that they probably delay their own streaming due to whatever deal they have with Hulu for immediate streaming of first run episodes.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
ABC like all the major networks makes more money from cable carriage/on demand fees at this point than they do from ads. You're lucky the shows are up on the website for free as fast as they are.

ToastyPotato posted:

I don't see what's so bad about the Fury Road trailer. None of the Mad Max films were masterpieces
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CjMgCOtJrs

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

bairfanx posted:

I watch it next day on hulu but I don't know if that requires plus or not.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

http://www.nerdist.com/vepisode/exclusive-which-dc-characters-will-be-on-tnts-the-titans/

The TV Teen Titans team is going to be Nightwing, Oracle, Starfire, Raven and Hawk & Dove

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Dacap posted:

http://www.nerdist.com/vepisode/exclusive-which-dc-characters-will-be-on-tnts-the-titans/

The TV Teen Titans team is going to be Nightwing, Oracle, Starfire, Raven and Hawk & Dove

Only one bird of prey?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Aka Team Cheap SFX.

However, I do really like that they included Oracle. BoP was a pretty good comic and they did a great job with Barbara as a disabled superhero. Better at least as the pretty blunt n52 version.

e X fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 2, 2015

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Only one bird of prey?

I believe Nightwing's sigil is also some sort of falcon or eagle, so that's two including Hawk! :v:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Who wants to bet that Starfire will not be orange.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Gaz-L posted:

I believe Nightwing's sigil is also some sort of falcon or eagle, so that's two including Hawk! :v:

... I think he meant Oracle.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Correct me if I'm wrong, but DC's doing the dumb thing where Batman and Superman can't show up in a show because they're in a movie and the fragile populace just CANNOT COMPREHEND two actors being Batman at the same time, aren't they? So are they just gonna have Nightwing and Oracle tiptoe around their relation to Batman? That'll be interesting/fun to watch.

e:

muscles like this? posted:

Who wants to bet the sky is blue.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Carrie Anne Moss is joining Jessica Jones as "Harper". No idea if that's a stealth character name hide or if she's someone new. I don't think they've been hiding anyone's characters though in all these casting notices so far:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/328665-carrie-anne-moss-joins-marvels-a-k-a-jessica-jones

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
Starfire will be the original Russian dude, you heard it here first, folks.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

WarLocke posted:

... I think he meant Oracle.

:thejoke:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

Sure she will! They'll just get Snooki, on RDJ-style lifts.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Teek posted:

Carrie Anne Moss is joining Jessica Jones as "Harper". No idea if that's a stealth character name hide or if she's someone new. I don't think they've been hiding anyone's characters though in all these casting notices so far:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/328665-carrie-anne-moss-joins-marvels-a-k-a-jessica-jones

Maybe a stand-in for Jessica Drew from the comic? Or a SHIELD agent doing the Quartermain stuff from the book?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

McSpanky posted:

Sure she will! They'll just get Snooki, on RDJ-style lifts.

I would be OK with this, she was surprisingly good in the WWE.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It will probably be super sexy "i'm bored lets gently caress" Starfire from the nu52 run.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

e X posted:

Aka Team Cheap SFX.

Seeing TNT style cheap CGI Beast Boy would be the most glorious train wreck.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Is the Nerdist a reliable news source? For a company that didn't even allow Ted Kord onto Arrow for god knows whatever editorial reason, I can't imagine DC Entertainment would allow a wheelchair-bound Barbara Gordon to be Oracle after the entire assfortress of fuss they kicked up to make her Batgirl again.

That is, of course, assuming that one hand of DC knows what the other is doing, which is always a risky assumption at best.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

BrianWilly posted:

Is the Nerdist a reliable news source? For a company that didn't even allow Ted Kord onto Arrow for god knows whatever editorial reason, I can't imagine DC Entertainment would allow a wheelchair-bound Barbara Gordon to be Oracle after the entire assfortress of fuss they kicked up to make her Batgirl again.

That is, of course, assuming that one hand of DC knows what the other is doing, which is always a risky assumption at best.

Is Ted Kord even in the comics? I feel like there was a brief Kord cameo in one of the Justice League comics, but I don't know if that spun off into anything. I actually am not sure what happened to Blue Beetle post New52. It could have been that they didn't want to completely and utterly different Blue Beetles out there or something.

Also, my guess is that she won't be Oracle forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
First Daredevil trailer will be released tomorrow:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/03/first-daredevil-footage-debuts-teaser-trailer-coming-wednesday-on-ign?abthid=54d108eb33c9e3d161000009

Small teaser released today.