Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Craptacular! posted:

"Newbee in the Rosh pit, Navi is going to scout it out--WHOOAAA Many Goblak died to bring them this information."

Did Goblak even die in that fight? Plus Newbee was essentially double (or triple?) team wiped in about 3 minutes there, which is insane to think about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sub 20 minute gg from NewBee :lol:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Zurreco posted:

Did Goblak even die in that fight? Plus Newbee was essentially double (or triple?) team wiped in about 3 minutes there, which is insane to think about.

Goblak charged into the rosh pit and got destroyed in about a second. Not that it mattered, because Dendi and XBOCT were massive.

Only one GG, they tilted to the end.
Synd: "There was an irony in a team named 'newbie' winning TI4, but at this tournament they've lived up to it."

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

it was like watching one of those old NA tournaments where random open sign up teams would play against liquid or eg and just get circles run around them

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
It feels like EG is probably going to lose another one here.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Newbee disbanding as soon as DAC is over?

Cocoham
Dec 30, 2008

Defiant Sally posted:

Newbee disbanding as soon as DAC is over?

Iceiceice has said that one of the reasons the chinese teams are not doing that well is because most of them expect to make roster changes after Chinese New Year. We'll probably see a large eastern reshuffle after DAC is over.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Newbee's one of those teams owned by a stupid rich person. I think it might even be Hao's Dad, or else a similar family name. Hao's Dad is loving loaded, though.

Point is, they'll just put together another team during the upcoming New Year break. Xiao8 return is but one of the many possibilities.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
What kind of stupid retard takes a bounty rune when smoked when the TB has an illusion next to it?

*looks and sees it was C9*

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
OHHHHH THAT CRAGGY

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
zai came pretty close to getting a rampage via dunks at the end of that one.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
That :rolleyes: ending will be held up by fans of BallsDeepDota as evidence that Axe "has mana issues."

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

lol EE is so dumb

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Craptacular! posted:

That :rolleyes: ending will be held up by fans of BallsDeepDota as evidence that Axe "has mana issues."

wow being super farmed and with a gigantic lead mitigates a hero's weaknesses????

:vince:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Naw, even in my No Fun League certainly Secret was well farmed enough for :fuckoff: moves. I just laughed at the dunkfest being interrupted due to mana so abruptly that you could almost hear a record scratch.

Notail Wisp can only so so much for Tiny, who in turn can only do so much for EE. D:

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Why does it feel like bone7 is being deliberately thrown under a bus

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
C9 is so bad that even Notail's Wisp can't save them now, wasn't he nearly undefeated with it in the Secret days?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Majuju posted:

Why does it feel like bone7 is being deliberately thrown under a bus

Dude played like garbage, multiple attempts to solo gank and Alch with ult up, multiple failed attempts to zip kill the healing ward...

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Original_Z posted:

C9 is so bad that even Notail's Wisp can't save them now, wasn't he nearly undefeated with it in the Secret days?

It started falling from grace during The Summit, at least enough that it wasn't an instant slam pick regardless of Secret's draft. But for Tiny you won't find better.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Navi Draft: Two players on personal best heroes, two more on FOTM heroes, and Funnik bringing the utility.

LGD Draft: gently caress BUILDINGS. gently caress all structures! Burn them down!

It's not often a team decides that Tiny & Wisp aren't enough base-krush just by themselves.

EDIT: A weird moment where Tiny is relocated in to save his Tidehunter and tosses Tide, killing him with fall damage.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Feb 1, 2015

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Vanskor :vince:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Spudd posted:

Vanskor :vince:

5 Man Ravage...by a Rubick.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Vanskor what a loving player

Stole a ravage again that was on cooldown from the last time he stole and used it

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Goddamn Na'vi looked scary that match. It's nice to see them playing good again. Still not up to the top teams but way better than they have been.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
RIP LGD

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Vanskor Rubick is terrifying again. :catstare:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Lmao at envy having to carry jugg vs MVP just to try and get a win

I bet he's crying over the fact he can't use his anime jugg replacement

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

Craptacular! posted:

Navi Draft: Two players on personal best heroes, two more on FOTM heroes, and Funnik bringing the utility.

LGD Draft: gently caress BUILDINGS. gently caress all structures! Burn them down!

It's not often a team decides that Tiny & Wisp aren't enough base-krush just by themselves.

EDIT: A weird moment where Tiny is relocated in to save his Tidehunter and tosses Tide, killing him with fall damage.

Hi Zyori, just fyi allies don't take damage from toss

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Navi is back

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
This tournament is really good, except Perfect World, and I'm glad to see it.

JacksAngryBiome
Oct 23, 2014
There has been some great games and the hero pool seems pretty wide. Anyone know the stats on how many heroes have been picked?

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
Regardless of their win against MVP, I fear it won't be too long until we can change the thread title to "Pro Dota Season 6 - Eternal Envy is out, Secret Owns".

testsubject
Apr 18, 2006

JacksAngryBiome posted:

There has been some great games and the hero pool seems pretty wide. Anyone know the stats on how many heroes have been picked?

Looks like with EG picking tree right now, every hero has been picked? http://www.dotabuff.com/esports/events/17/heroes

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

testsubject posted:

Looks like with EG picking tree right now, every hero has been picked? http://www.dotabuff.com/esports/events/17/heroes

I'm pretty sure that there hasn't been a Kunka, Huskar, or Oracle. Pudge and Sven were only in wildcards. Could be wrong, though.

Also, Sumail on Storm is always fun to watch.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

testsubject posted:

Pretty sure meepo hasn't been picked.

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.
Goddamn it ehome

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Magical Zero posted:

Goddamn it ehome

Support Riki might not have been the best choice.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
hey "The Traitor" LD, it's "Zed" for literally everyone outside of North America you bloated ball of grease.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

E(go)HOME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zurreco posted:

I'm pretty sure that there hasn't been a Kunka, Huskar, or Oracle.

lol

• Locked thread