Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Found this in a CBR thread. Don't know the source.

Seeing as how they spend most of their time at sea (hence the scientific name Ursus maritimus), it doesn't surprise me that Aquaman would be capable of commanding polar bears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

So, does that Aquaman comic predate Marvel's fastball special? :ohdear:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Zefiel posted:

So, does that Aquaman comic predate Marvel's fastball special? :ohdear:

I think we have to call it a fastbear special now.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Reminds me of this, that I am stealing from earlier in this thread.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Also, Punisher.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
House of M - Hulk 86

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
House of M Hulk ruled.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gaz-L posted:

House of M Hulk ruled.

Indeed.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Wait the President of the United States was Hulk?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
President of Australia.

The flag is a good clue, but the Aboriginal skin markings are pretty nice too.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Dr. Hurt posted:

Is Time-Traveling Abe Lincoln also the clothing bandit, or would that be played by pervazoid number one?

I don't care who plays him, just as long as Elliot retains the rights to Seven Pounds once all this is over.

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.

Hulk Smash political obstructionism!!!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Tales Designed to Thrizzle, Michael Kupperman.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Oh come on, no "HULK SMASH SYSTEM"? Or is that fruit hanging too low?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

goatface posted:

President of Australia.

The flag is a good clue, but the Aboriginal skin markings are pretty nice too.

As I recall, Banner had gone Walkabout to try and contain the Hulk.

It didn't work.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

goatface posted:

President of Australia.

Gene Hackman's gonna be pissed.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Jerusalem posted:

Gene Hackman's gonna be pissed.

Forget Hackman, what about Sheeva and the rest of the Shokan?

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Feb 1, 2015

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I think Hulk and the Shokan would get on pretty well.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Amazing X-Men #16: The X-Men have bailed out on Rockslide and left him to fight a big demon in the temple of Cyttorak while they go fight off guys that are trying to claim the ruby and become the new Juggernaut.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I might have to start reading Amazing X-Men if Rockslide is in it, love that kid.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wait.. how did Rocky blow himself up like that?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Say Nothing posted:

Wait.. how did Rocky blow himself up like that?

That's what he does. Rockslide doesn't actually have a physical body anymore; he forms one out of stone. If he feels like it, he can make the stones explode and go all shrapnel-y.

Interestingly, he forms his body from local stone, so if he detonates and reforms in someplace where the stones have unusual properties, he gains said properties, as he did when he and a bunch of the students were trapped in Limbo; being formed of Limbo-stone, he became immune to magic for a bit.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

404GoonNotFound posted:

Forget Hackman, what about Sheeva and the rest of the Shokan?

Beat me to it, but I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

That's what he does. Rockslide doesn't actually have a physical body anymore; he forms one out of stone. If he feels like it, he can make the stones explode and go all shrapnel-y.

Interestingly, he forms his body from local stone, so if he detonates and reforms in someplace where the stones have unusual properties, he gains said properties, as he did when he and a bunch of the students were trapped in Limbo; being formed of Limbo-stone, he became immune to magic for a bit.

I liked when they got back and Wolverine was like "When did we get a lava kid?"

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
So what am I looking at picking up if I want to read the adventures of Rockslide, the boy who can't take anything seriously and likes to blow himself up

Raife
Feb 2, 2004

willus posted:

So what am I looking at picking up if I want to read the adventures of Rockslide, the boy who can't take anything seriously and likes to blow himself up

He's been fairly regular in the current Amazing X-Men series. Older stuff he showed up in was Wolverine and the X-Men, New X-Men (not the Morrison run), and a mini series that I think was called Hellions.

Raife fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Feb 1, 2015

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I guess his secondary mutation is to grow pants as well (or he just blew up his torso).

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

IUG posted:

I guess his secondary mutation is to grow pants as well (or he just blew up his torso).

His secondary mutation is already well documented.

e: dunno source

KayTee fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Feb 1, 2015

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

KayTee posted:

His secondary mutation is already well documented.

e: dunno source

Generation Hope #12

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

TwoPair posted:

Amazing X-Men #16: The X-Men have bailed out on Rockslide and left him to fight a big demon in the temple of Cyttorak while they go fight off guys that are trying to claim the ruby and become the new Juggernaut.

Oh my god, it's smiling in the last panel. That's fantastic.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Please tell me that series actually ends with Rockslide becoming The Juggernaut. Every panel posted seems to be pushing that really hard, and I want it to be true. :v:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Captain Bravo posted:

Please tell me that series actually ends with Rockslide becoming The Juggernaut. Every panel posted seems to be pushing that really hard, and I want it to be true. :v:

Its still going but I am going to go with Cain getting it again since its the status quo. I am going to assume it will end with Piotr and Cain fighting over it, and Cain getting it.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Rockslide seems like the type to thumb his nose at being a servant.
He likes the idea of being the Juggernaught, but not the other bit, Id imagine.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Maybe Rockslide's youthful exuberance for destruction might remind Cyttorak of his own, younger days, back when Chaos meant something and it wasn't just a dozen plots within plots until you forget why you got into destruction in the first place.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
gently caress, I give up looking for the sex ed class panel where Rockslide asks why he still gets horny when he doesn't even have junk. Maybe I missed it while I was skimming the first year of WatX looking for it. One of you deviants has to have it saved, right?

edit: Christ, really? Cause my search terms were drat close to that. "Rockslide sex ed" "Rockslide has no junk" ... that's some bull poo poo. Thanks though.

Diet Poison fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Feb 2, 2015

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Diet Poison posted:

gently caress, I give up looking for the sex ed class panel where Rockslide asks why he still gets horny when he doesn't even have junk. Maybe I missed it while I was skimming the first year of WatX looking for it. One of you deviants has to have it saved, right?

First result of a Google Image Search for "Marvel Rockslide Doesn't Have Junk":

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Diet Poison posted:

Source: X-Men Legacy (1st series) #264

edit: beaten :negative:

Cousin Todd fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 1, 2015

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
If he's anything like most teachers who've had to do sex ed he probably thought 'thank christ' when the wall exploded.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

So that's his job at the school. Or maybe he just got the job nobody wants.

Wolverine & The X-Men #19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Ah, the Doubtfire technique.