Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

rotor posted:

y'all seem really fixated on how yosposters are mad all the time and whatever

if someone gets mad on the internet then i guess you win or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
it's actually funny to see a 35 yr old man QQing about sports+capitalism like a freshman on weed while also working in the most market-driven industry for that descent salary. gj pagancow

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

the fyad flamingo jif should be like 2 flamingos and an ad guy now

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
maybe the yospos gif should be a computer that wont shut the gently caress up about fyad lol

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

its rly a jpg

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Branded content: the content is the ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrGrOK8oZG8

Branded content for Adult Swim. Supposed to make you remember how crazy adult swim is and in the back of your head remind you to watch the station (to see the traditional ads they make money from)

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

that actually aired though

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

every television show is just branded content for the station it airs on, i guess

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

As a Millennial I posted:

every television show is just branded content for the station it airs on, i guess

Nope.mts

a show means that a crew and cast come together to make a product that people will watch, trying to build a community around it. Contracts are signed to keep people on since it's a long term plan to create content regardless of what or where it airs on.

Branded content is a one time splash, for a specific channel, with no plans to ever do more than that.

(OXFORD COMMA)

Sometime branded content DOES turn into a show, but it's incredibly rare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47SMBrviAO8

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

now here's some straight up branded content for your facehole http://www.timanderic.com/media.php?a=v%2824%29&vc=96

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

pagancow posted:

Branded content: the content is the ad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrGrOK8oZG8

Branded content for Adult Swim. Supposed to make you remember how crazy adult swim is and in the back of your head remind you to watch the station (to see the traditional ads they make money from)

this is dumb i miss the old "all kids out of the pool" mambo gallego spots

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

now here's some straight up branded content for your facehole http://www.timanderic.com/media.php?a=v%2824%29&vc=96

If it only aired during their show it's product placement

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

that one didn't air, adult swim had nothing to do with it

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

is Off the Air branded content? what about Icelandic Ultra Blue

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

*gasp* am... am I branded content

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

that one didn't air, adult swim had nothing to do with it

Branded content it is

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

ads don't work on me, i don't watch ads/tv, i use adblock, advertising is all bullshit smoke and mirrors, i pirate stuff

any other pagancow triggers i'm missing here

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

vlc, but your av's got it covered

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

One more day until adshed

untill then lets get some PSAs on the line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g032MPrSjFA

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

pagancow posted:

One more day until adshed

untill then lets get some PSAs on the line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g032MPrSjFA

that spot was spectacular in the way it missed the mark so utterly and completely.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

whenever I'm in restaraunts and they have TVs everywhere (annoying) I usually just flush out the programming because it's crap, but when the ads come on i cant resist and have to watch.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

There was this one ad that was on lifetime for some neutrogena wrinkle cream that was basically like "you're ugly, and your boyfriend is looking at other women, get him to look at you again with this wrinkle cream!!!"

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

I imagined the marketing director reluctantly approving the spot after being shown the purchase intent bump from focus testing lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

pagancow posted:

There was this one ad that was on lifetime for some neutrogena wrinkle cream that was basically like "you're ugly, and your boyfriend is looking at other women, get him to look at you again with this wrinkle cream!!!"

tbf this is true, if you're old enough to have wrinkles your boyfriend is fantasizing about someone younger.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

pagancow posted:

lol what were you watching on lifetime

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol I bet it was the grumpy cat christmas special

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Beeftweeter posted:

lol what were you watching on lifetime

Nothing it was just playing at some restaurant a few years back

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

lifetime is owned by ae networks

they are doing more dynamic ad decisioning/insertion on their on-demand content

so you can watch grumpy cat special and get ads tailored just for you

on your set-top box or ipad

it uses 'history' to do it!

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

personalized ads increases your inventory. Those who have a hard time justifying their cost will always search for this method to make up for it in volume

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

thing i heard an actual consumer say "I dont care about football i just want to watch the good ads"

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

pagancow posted:

personalized ads increases your inventory.

not always; constraining "who" should see the ad makes it harder for both sides (advertiser and content owner/distributor) to agree on "who" actually saw it

so you can get into an arbitrage situation

advertiser: only 5% of who I really wanted to see my ad saw it according to my data i wont show you, so not gonna pay (but really i know i got all those other views for free)

thats why currency is important (e.g. nielsen)

as flawed as ratings points are, everyone knew what to expect and could plan around it

this will be fixed in the brave new world of all content on all screens (or needs to be fixed before all content can be on all screens), but will take time

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

TODAY IS THE DAY

that all advertisers show their AAA game.

SOUP BOWL

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

man i am so loving hyped

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

i got up early just so i could express my excitement for watching the worlds best ads, some years in the making.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

I'm wondering how long it will be until there is an ad entertainment network that does nothing but show the best ads.

How would they even structure actual paid advertising into the program??? VH1 did this for a while and the engagement numbers on the paid advertising was super low because they just couldn't compete against the titans.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

24 hour advertising network, i might actually watch that.

ANN

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

or AAN?

Advertising AllTheTime Network?

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Jesus christ think of the branded content potential with a 24/7 advertising station

you could get suuuuuuuper meta

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

here is a good pre-game rundown of the Ads for this years Super Bowl:

http://adage.com/article/special-report-super-bowl/super-bowl-xlix-ad-chart-buying-big-game-commercials/295841/

Coke and GoDdady are only buying one spot this year instead of the usual two, but there are 15 rookies to the ad game this year. Should be exciting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Loctite
Buy: Loctite, the make of Super Glue, is spending the equivalent of nearly its usual annual ad budget to buy a Super Bowl slot at the beginning of the fourth quarter.
Creative: The ad will be the the latest installment of Loctite's less-than-a-year-old #WinAtGlue campaign.
Agency: Fallon, Minneapolis

• Locked thread