Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

jivjov posted:

I was banging my head against Darunia 3 for a week until I just had my housemate hop in in co-op and help me. The reduced number of enemies was a god-send.

As the co-op buddy, holy poo poo yeah. Being able to split up and tackle the forts before high-morale Moblins wreck everyone's poo poo is an amazing boon. Honestly, I think I'm just going to help out a lot more for the really bullshit maps because there's no way either of us are getting through on our own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really hope a sequel is able to have online play.Even lovely online play would be a wonder for the Adventure Mode maps.

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
It might be because I saved it as one of the last level 3's I got, but Darunia's level 3 wasn't that bad for me. It went much smoother once I realized the power of being able to completely reduce any weak point gauge with the power of rollin' though.

Also I managed to get Midna's level 3 on my first try. Then I had to re do it 4 more times for the second skulluta. I actually got the 1200 kills under 4 hearts damage on my 2nd and 3rd try, but couldn't find the stupid thing in time :shepicide:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Arbitrary Coin posted:

I actually got the 1200 kills under 4 hearts damage on my 2nd and 3rd try, but couldn't find the stupid thing in time :shepicide:

That poo poo loving infuriated me at first and I bookmarked this for that reason.

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/wiki/Hyrule_Warriors_Gold_Skulltulas

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

If Darunia's Level 3 is the one I think it is, seriously consider bringing an SP potion in. Having three get-out-of-clusterfuck-free buttons handy at all times is a HUGE help when you deal with the larger masses of enemies.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
I got this game a few days ago and I'm enjoying it so far. I got to one level in Legend Mode and my map suddenly started zooming itself in while I was running around. It'll zoom itself out and in and I'm not sure how to stop it or if I can. It really throws me off where I'm going and everything. Anyone know how to fix it so the map just stays zoomed out?

DoYouHasaRabbit fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Feb 1, 2015

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Stop pressing d-pad up, probably. Don't do that anymore.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
I just realized I don't think I fully understand the weapon system in this game. I haven't played all that much (still going through Legend Mode) but I'm not sure if like, a Knight's Sword with a few stars is better than a White Sword with no stars or not, assuming equal slots or whatever. Does the extra damage granted by the stars actually increase the damage number, and I should just pick the one with the highest number on it?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Paper Triangle posted:

Does the extra damage granted by the stars actually increase the damage number, and I should just pick the one with the highest number on it?
Yes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Paper Triangle posted:

I just realized I don't think I fully understand the weapon system in this game. I haven't played all that much (still going through Legend Mode) but I'm not sure if like, a Knight's Sword with a few stars is better than a White Sword with no stars or not, assuming equal slots or whatever. Does the extra damage granted by the stars actually increase the damage number, and I should just pick the one with the highest number on it?

Yes, go with the highest number. Stars and weapon tier directly correlate to damage, and your highest damage weapon is going to be your best one unless the lower one has really good skills and the damage difference is very minor.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Paper Triangle posted:

The stars denote attack power at a glance to make it easier when you're sorting weapons. Going over the weapon when selecting which to use will show you the exact value. However, there are different tiers of weapons, and higher tiers have better stats. For example, Link's Horse weapon. Epona of Twilight is Tier 2, Epona of Time is Tier 3.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ImpAtom posted:

I really hope a sequel is able to have online play.Even lovely online play would be a wonder for the Adventure Mode maps.

As someone who has played almost the entire game in coop, its really not as helpful as you'd think. It allows you to break certain types of missions but makes most of them harder since you share the damage ranking with your partner, so both of you need to be extremely careful. I tried the Ghiriam 8-bit weapon mission three times today and got 3 Bs because my brother kept loving it up.

Paper Triangle posted:

its actually very simple since the damage rating displayed takes stars into account. A weapon of a higher tier will always be better than one that's lower, regardless of how many stars they have. So a white sword with no stars will outperform a 5 star knight sword, albeit barely.

EDIT: I've got a question of my own actually. Are the 2000 kill skills always the VS stuff? That's all I can remember getting from them and I don't really plan on using any of those.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Feb 1, 2015

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
Awesome, thanks everyone. I figured that was how it worked but I wasn't actually sure if the damage number took the stars into account or not.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Hyrule Warriors is a game about getting the biggest number you can and then using that number to carve off like 4,000 moblin's faces. The closer to 500 the better.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Internet Kraken posted:

EDIT: I've got a question of my own actually. Are the 2000 kill skills always the VS stuff? That's all I can remember getting from them and I don't really plan on using any of those.

From what I remember, 1000 KO skills are always item boosts, 2000 KO skills are always VS skills, and 3000 KO skills are always neat stuff like Companion/No Healing/Defenseless.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Twelve by Pies posted:

From what I remember, 1000 KO skills are always item boosts, 2000 KO skills are always VS skills, and 3000 KO skills are always neat stuff like Companion/No Healing/Defenseless.

I got a few unique bonuses for 1K before, and I think 1Ks are themed around killing enemies. I've gotten one where you get healing when you kill enemies or getting a bigger special attack bonus you kill enemies.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
So I was thinking about what in this game needs fixing for a sequel, and I can only really come up with two things.

One is the camera. Specifically the lock-on. Seriously stop locking onto Giant Bosses three miles away behind me as opposed to the Morale Up'd captain in front of me that I'm fighting right now. It should just lock to whatever's closest to the center of the screen, and they need to fix the right stick lock-on toggle because it frequently just swaps between two targets I don't want over and over while ignoring the third that I do because it has some weird internal priority system.

Secondly, A Ranks damage rating needs to be relative to your max health. It makes heart containers useful and stops me tearing my hair out playing as slower people.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
If they make it so you can move and use items at the same time so I will at least consider using something other than upgraded bombs, that would also be nice.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Theta Zero posted:

If they make it so you can move and use items at the same time so I will at least consider using something other than upgraded bombs, that would also be nice.
I kind of want them to do away with the items, and make a character who has a bomb specific weapon, boomerang weapon, toon zelda with a bow weapon, etc. Hell, I want a hookshot weapon, and I don't even know what that would look like.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
What are these Rewards Maps that somebody was talking about recently? I'm like halfway through 4 illustrations, so I hope it's not ties to that. What are they like? Someone up thread said they were particularly good for farming?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Fritzler posted:

I kind of want them to do away with the items, and make a character who has a bomb specific weapon, boomerang weapon, toon zelda with a bow weapon, etc. Hell, I want a hookshot weapon, and I don't even know what that would look like.

Imagining a whip mixed with a hookshot now.

Popero posted:

What are these Rewards Maps that somebody was talking about recently? I'm like halfway through 4 illustrations, so I hope it's not ties to that. What are they like? Someone up thread said they were particularly good for farming?

That's exactly what they are. Complete a illustration and you can dive into it and fight all the characters in it. Gives a assload of rupee's and materials from said characters you beat up. First one you complete also gives link a blue tunic and if you finish all of them you get a red one.

For grinding get all of the ones in the story mode on normal difficulty, and the first two in hard difficulty.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

That's exactly what they are. Complete a illustration and you can dive into it and fight all the characters in it. Gives a assload of rupee's and materials from said characters you beat up. First one you complete also gives link a blue tunic and if you finish all of them you get a red one.

Since the DLC brings in new reward maps, you only have to beat any 5 to get the red tunic.

Which is good because the Boss Rush illustration is obscene and the one you get from Master Quest is much more manageable (if still long and ridiculous due to the 3 Imprisoned).

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

RC Cola posted:

So I just bought the game. Is any of the dlc worth buying?

The DLC is 20 bucks for all current and soon-to-be-released DLC packs. Each of those packs nearly doubles the amount of game content and has new characters and weapons to boot.

Just drop a 20 and enjoy playing this game for the next year.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

jivjov posted:

PAL and Japan have it already. US was a week later for no reason.

I have it because I bought the multi-pack thing a while ago, but the MM content isn't loading for some reason. What do I have to do to give me tingle? (PAL)

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

I have it because I bought the multi-pack thing a while ago, but the MM content isn't loading for some reason. What do I have to do to give me tingle? (PAL)

Restart the WiiU, load the WiiU's Main Menu, and restart the game from there. Don't access it from the startup quick menu.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Fritzler posted:

Please don't. I abuse the item power up potion for A-ranking bullshit missions and missions where I'm forced to use characters I don't like. I don't know how you're supposed to A-rank the first moon mission with Ganondorf without staying as far away from everything as possible while pelting everything with bombs and arrows.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Dastardly posted:

Please don't. I abuse the item power up potion for A-ranking bullshit missions and missions where I'm forced to use characters I don't like. I don't know how you're supposed to A-rank the first moon mission with Ganondorf without staying as far away from everything as possible while pelting everything with bombs and arrows.

I did it by using C6 at the edge of groups, away from captains. Your luck only needs to hold for 5 or 6 of those.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

When it comes to doing some of these maps this isn't an internet forum; it's a support group.

My name is Bruceski and I spent ten minutes trying to do noticeable damage to an Imprisoned.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Bruceski posted:

When it comes to doing some of these maps this isn't an internet forum; it's a support group.

My name is Bruceski and I spent ten minutes trying to do noticeable damage to an Imprisoned.

Hi, Bruce.

I'm Marquise and I just spent ten minutes killing a Dodongo with Agitha, in no less than 8 weak point smashes.

SuperHappy
Aug 22, 2004

feel the rhythm with your hands
I haven't seen this asked yet, but does the MM map contain any rewards for Young Link or Tingle... or Twili Midna, at least?

...and kudos to anyone who managed to get Shiek amiibo in the wild today. Those things are rare as gently caress apparently.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Well, all the DLC characters and weapons came with all three tiers unlocked from the get-go, so there's not a whole lot besides 8 bits and costumes to go on new maps.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Everyone is finally level 50 except for Cia and crew and Twili Midna. I still dread getting the three weapons I have left. I assume the fairy one is actually pretty easy if I practice a bit more with the fairy, but the summoning gate and Agitha are just going to wait until eveyone is some absurdly high level.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I kinda wish in a sequel they'd get rid of the rankings because that is the one with the game that's holding me back from putting hundreds of hours into it like the Dynasty Warrior Gundam games.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I really wish the Chain Chomp on the Power Glove would bite things or at least move a little.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lessail posted:

I kinda wish in a sequel they'd get rid of the rankings because that is the one with the game that's holding me back from putting hundreds of hours into it like the Dynasty Warrior Gundam games.

Yeah, same here.

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.
So I'm trying to pass time by playing this game until the game today but I'm getting stuck on the Goddess Fairy lvl 3 mission. Any tips?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Bicyclops posted:

I assume the fairy one is actually pretty easy if I practice a bit more with the fairy

I just tried it and missed the 15 minute by like 54 seconds with a level 100 link :(

The fairy feels like it moves so god damned slow and on top of that those stalmasters or whatever they're called just take way too long to kill. If you do it, i'd advise bum rushing the forts, killing the fortifying/sabotage units and ignoring everything else. Your forts should survive long enough for you to proceed to the bottom right and wipe out the final boss. Luckily there are so many enemies and all of the fairies attacks seem to be AOE so all you really need to worry about is damage taken (i think it's under 10k) and time.

It still feels like a lovely map though Anything that involves attacking units that are higher or lower than you in this game feels flimsy as gently caress.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

MarquiseMindfang posted:

So I was thinking about what in this game needs fixing for a sequel, and I can only really come up with two things.

One is the camera. Specifically the lock-on. Seriously stop locking onto Giant Bosses three miles away behind me as opposed to the Morale Up'd captain in front of me that I'm fighting right now. It should just lock to whatever's closest to the center of the screen, and they need to fix the right stick lock-on toggle because it frequently just swaps between two targets I don't want over and over while ignoring the third that I do because it has some weird internal priority system.

Secondly, A Ranks damage rating needs to be relative to your max health. It makes heart containers useful and stops me tearing my hair out playing as slower people.

I think there's some kind of forced hierarchy for lock-on target cycling/applying, with bosses obviously being at the top of the list. It's especially hilarious on a few of the "Kill 1000 enemies in 10 minutes!" maps, when it's full of Deku Babas and bosses, and... you can't target the Deku Babas, so watch your step!

Bicyclops posted:

Everyone is finally level 50 except for Cia and crew and Twili Midna. I still dread getting the three weapons I have left. I assume the fairy one is actually pretty easy if I practice a bit more with the fairy, but the summoning gate and Agitha are just going to wait until eveyone is some absurdly high level.

The level 3 fairy was one of the rough ones, for me, mainly because The Imprisoned shows up in numbers and does big damage. Your best bet (well, what worked for me) is to just spam B combo over and over to zoom around the map, and save your special for emergencies (like if you get pinned by The Imprisoned or are about to take big damage.) Don't use the special otherwise, because it wastes too much time. Ignore the named mobs and deal with the mobs being buffed, because it wastes too much time to kill any of them. My Link was in his 70's when I did it, using a 5-star rank 2 fairy, and I was really strapped for time.

enojy fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 1, 2015

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

enojy posted:

The level 3 fairy was one of the rough ones, for me, mainly because The Imprisoned shows up in numbers and does big damage. Your best bet (well, what worked for me) is to just spam B combo over and over to zoom around the map, and save your special for emergencies (like if you get pinned by The Imprisoned or are about to take big damage.) Don't use the special otherwise, because it wastes too much time. Ignore the named mobs and deal with the mobs being buffed, because it wastes too much time to kill any of them. My Link was in his 70's when I did it, using a 5-star rank 2 fairy, and I was really strapped for time.

Are you sure you're thinking of the right map? I just did the level 3 fairy one (the one in the top left) and there's no Imprisoned in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

Don't worry about Cia n' Friends' weapon missions, none of them come even close to the ones you've already done on the first adventure map. Volgas level 3 is probably the first one you do, even before his level 2. It's really, really easy :)

• Locked thread