Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Is LCS going head to head with the super bowl today??????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I know what I'm watching.

(Gooooo C9!)

I wonder if Kalista's gonna get through at all today.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
The schedule is really good today because the best matches play before the Super Bowl. I don't think anyone is on the edge of their seat over Gravity vs. Coast.

At some point this split a team is gonna get their hands on Kalista and have one of the most embarrassing ADC performances. I can feel it.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Is LCS going head to head with the super bowl today??????

What's a Super Bowl? Is that that thing the Packers should've been in except they threw it away like idiots? :downs:

mistaya posted:

I know what I'm watching.

(Gooooo C9!)

I wonder if Kalista's gonna get through at all today.

If she does I guarantee it won't be for Sneaky/WildTurtle/Doublelift, at any rate.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
Apparently Nintendude just suffered another seizure. Fusion really can't catch a break can they, here's hoping he'll be ok. For what I know, stuff like this can be really hard to diagnose and treat properly :sigh:

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Savage Cracker posted:

Well I guess it was the same team that decided to get Edward so :v:

I'm not going to lie, I thought it was a good pick up then because Edward looked so drat good in the first half of season 3.

I'm kind of surprised that Faker and Piglet get so much love when they spent the second half of season 4 losing games and got to watch Worlds from home.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Uh, what? I don't think 30 health and 2 flat damage reduction would have stopped sneaky knocking 60% of his health off in one trade. It might have stopped him trading back well, maybe, but adc masteries don't mitigate much damage.

Not just you, but a lot of people in this discussion really underselling how huge it swings trades when you aren't outputting with 21 offense (as/ad/havoc/executioner) and mitigating with 9 defense (blocks, regen, hp, scaling hp).

That's like 8 points of mathematical deficit on every single traded auto attack with Sneaky, and there's probably other stuff I'm forgetting.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Libertine posted:

Not just you, but a lot of people in this discussion really underselling how huge it swings trades when you aren't outputting with 21 offense (as/ad/havoc/executioner) and mitigating with 9 defense (blocks, regen, hp, scaling hp).

That's like 8 points of mathematical deficit on every single traded auto attack with Sneaky, and there's probably other stuff I'm forgetting.

It's something like that at level 1, scaling to be much more later on with 10AD@18 and a bunch of %bonuses. Over the span of a single game it'll definitely average out to a more than 10% loss of damage output on autoattacks, and you'll add defensive masteries on top of that. That's close to a death sentence without a sizable skill disparity.

e:
CLG vs C9
DIG vs WFX
TSM vs TL :ohdear:
TIP vs T8 :w00t:
CST vs GV

Ihki fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Feb 1, 2015

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Anyone arguing that runes don't make a huge difference is crazy but I just don't get why he didn't call for a pause and at least ask to get the game remade, he had to have noticed the minute he started CS'ing if not before. :psyduck:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

mistaya posted:

Anyone arguing that runes don't make a huge difference is crazy but I just don't get why he didn't call for a pause and at least ask to get the game remade, he had to have noticed the minute he started CS'ing if not before. :psyduck:

His shocked tweets in response to the reddit post calling it out makes it pretty obvious he had no idea the entire time and was shocked that he was getting wrecked so hard.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Libertine posted:

His shocked tweets in response to the reddit post calling it out makes it pretty obvious he had no idea the entire time and was shocked that he was getting wrecked so hard.

this makes no sense how does he not notice the difference in autoattack damage and attackspeed?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Slaapaav posted:

this makes no sense how does he not notice the difference in autoattack damage and attackspeed?

Who knows.

Today's games starting in 10 minutes-

M1: CLG vs. Cloud 9
M2: Dignitas vs. Winterfox
M3: TSM vs. Liquid
M4: Impulse vs. Team 8
M5: Coast vs. Gravity

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Just before LCS starts:
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2uflib/blizer300_lied_to_you_guys_a_break_down_of_the/
~drama bomb~

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

everything about mym just seems like hitler

also i do definitely get the feeling that riot gave all the reddit mods little teemo hats for free and now they must do their bidding for all time

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Richard Lewis is probably the best person we've got reporting League news. He did a lovely thing by revealing a source once, but other than that he's usually right, he usually doesn't wildly speculate, and he doesn't say obscene, racist things.

Lovechop posted:

everything about mym just seems like hitler

also i do definitely get the feeling that riot gave all the reddit mods little teemo hats for free and now they must do their bidding for all time
I was working for the Support team and just from what I heard they were already trying to build a bridge between Riot and Reddit moderators. Not specifically bribing them, but Riot wanted a little more control over the lol Reddit through direct contact with moderators.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 1, 2015

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
C9, Dig, TSM, T8 and cst are my predictions, chosen mostly at random and based on favoritism. The only 2 I would bank on are C9 and TSM. I hate Dig and want them relegated but I have this feeling they are going to pull some random nonsense and sneak a win against wfx.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Flameingblack posted:

Richard Lewis is probably the best person we've got reporting League news. He did a lovely thing by revealing a source once, but other than that he's usually right, he usually doesn't wildly speculate, and he doesn't say obscene, racist things.

Without any exaggeration he's the biggest baby on the internet with regard to his social media behaviour and Reddit tantrums, but otherwise he does a bunch of good stuff and his heart is in the right place.

Failboattootoot posted:

C9, Dig, TSM, T8 and cst are my predictions, chosen mostly at random and based on favoritism. The only 2 I would bank on are C9 and TSM. I hate Dig and want them relegated but I have this feeling they are going to pull some random nonsense and sneak a win against wfx.
I'm ready for a Dignitas win stumbling in like a drunk baby.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Ihki posted:

Without any exaggeration he's the biggest baby on the internet with regard to his social media behaviour and Reddit tantrums, but otherwise he does a bunch of good stuff and his heart is in the right place.
He can't be the biggest baby as long as Thoorin is still pretending to be a reporter.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
CLG vs C9
DIG vs WFX
TSM vs TL
TIP vs T8
CST vs GV

Last two matches are tough to call. Too much of a derpy mishmash, so why not, let's guess.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Hmm, my guesses

M1: CLG vs. Cloud 9 (This one will be close - I love doublelift/aphromoo, but)
M2: Dignitas vs. Winterfox (Eh, this is a guess)
M3: TSM vs. Liquid
M4: Impulse vs. Team 8 (T8, I suppose)
M5: Coast vs. Gravity (No clue)

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

CLG give C9 Rek'sai and Gnar?? Uh ok.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

CLG vs C9
DIG vs WFX
TSM vs TL
TIP vs T8
CST vs GV

Ugh sorry C9 but I like CLG'S comp way more. :( That's just personal bias though, a lot of CLG's picks are my favorites. I like C9 a lot though so I'll be happy to be wrong.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

C9 gets Gnar, Reksai, & Janna. Then you throw LB & Corki on top of that. C9s back baby

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
I really hope aphromoo keeps these pixel-seeking skillshots coming all season. CLG used to be boring to watch.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
he keeps landing sick bindings all game too, a pity nobody can capitalize on them to highlight his skills

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Aphro is so good. I think only Lustboy is a better support in NA. Maybe Xpecial.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Still, I think the bindings and the threat of the picks are really giving CLG a leg up on pressure that's letting them take turrets and push.

Plus, as the analysts are saying, props to ZionSpartan for holding top so well.

EDIT: HAH. Binding + Zed = dead leblanc.

Arcturas fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Feb 1, 2015

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

Morg is my favorite champ so Aphromoo owning hard as her feels soooooo good to watch.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

DoubleLift is doing work. He really hates crits as a mechanic and often rails against it, but you can't argue with the results.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I love you Aphromoo, gimme dem fantasy points.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
aphro is a god

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I'm guessing Hai doesn't like Aphromoo that much right now.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
lol doublift sucks

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Aphro is trying so hard to win and double lift is trying to lose. hosed up bot lane, but completely true.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Aphro is trying so hard to win and double lift is trying to lose. hosed up bot lane, but completely true.

? Just because he got caught that one time?

Granted, I'm a doublelift fanboy, but I think he's been doing pretty well this game - his teamfight positioning has been pretty great. One or two errors, but he's usually managed to do decently.

Sushipants
Sep 8, 2010
Goddamn it, I think I'm a CLG fan now.

gently caress.

EDIT: loving APHRO

Sushipants fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 1, 2015

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Balls just is not effective on Gnar. I think it's just a mismatch between player style and character.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
CLG got increasingly sloppy after the 25 minute mark but overall they're looking like a team that does a lot of good things you only really expect of CLG for that two months of the year when they're strong. Start the clock.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
How can you get a draft like C9's and lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mashed Potato
Aug 29, 2008
aphro is a god

• Locked thread