Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Microsoft
Buy: Two 60-second ads, building on the one spot in 2014 that served as its Super Bowl debut
Creative: Not disclosed
Agency: Not disclosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

http://www.multichannel.com/news/tv-everywhere/nbcu-tees-super-stream-sunday/387049

quote:

NBCU said all Super Bowl content will be live streamed to desktops and tablets via NBC Sports Live Extra, while The Blacklist will also be streamed to browsers at NBC.com.

Update: NBCU will use different ad loads for its traditional TV and digital coverage, though all digital ad buyers have purchased TV ads. While some of the advertising reative will be the same, consumers watching the stream will not see the same commercial pattern.

literal dehumanization, machine will pick your ads for super bowl for first time

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

NO i must watch on broadcast TV

i WILL pad neilsons ratings. i am going to SEE what the directors vision of the original ad buy will be.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
excited for this! i'm doing a superbowl party with a bunch of brand managers for video games.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

just lmao

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Crusader posted:

http://www.multichannel.com/news/tv-everywhere/nbcu-tees-super-stream-sunday/387049

literal dehumanization, machine will pick your ads for super bowl for first time

lol i thought ms bought exclusive rights to stream nfl games or some poo poo

i dont care about football at all so i might be wrong though

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

I wonder who's paying who on these:

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/carls-lock/conference-championship-colts-vs-patriots/

funny football meta branded content for the NFL or licensed content for Adult swim

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

pagancow posted:

I wonder who's paying who on these:

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/carls-lock/conference-championship-colts-vs-patriots/

funny football meta branded content for the NFL or licensed content for Adult swim

at a glance, the initial revenue from advertising monetizing the clip should go to turner broadcasting, after that they might have a rev share with nfl

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
to celebrate this momentous soup bowl day i will be making chicken kale soup

i may also see if one of the american ota broadcast networks has the soup bowl

presumably nbc does right?

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

NBC

http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/engineering/dtvmaps/

OTA for the ~full ad experience~

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

oh you're canadian aren't you?

http://www.thestar.com/life/2015/01/28/why-canadians-wont-need-to-watch-the-super-bowl-to-watch-the-ads.html

lol

quote:

Canadians, go online
But you don’t have to wait until Sunday to watch the ads — many of them are already posted to YouTube. Almost 70 ads and teasers have been posted to the site, up 55 per cent from the year before, according to YouTube data. All commercials will be available on YouTube by Feb. 2.
That’s good news for vexed Canadians, who year-after-year are cruelly denied the big-budget, big-splash American ads that play south of the border.

no wonder why youre being all angry birds about this you dont get to see any of the pure, uncut, amazing, american ads

(OXFORD COMMA)

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

i get abc, nbc, cbs, fox, and pbs in ota hd here (i'm right on the lake). a couple other networks i've never heard of too that seem to do specialty programming.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:AD DISRUPTION ALERT:siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:

http://variety.com/2015/digital/news/super-bowl-halftime-katy-perry-to-pitch-merch-on-youtube-twitter-connected-tvs-1201418081/

Katy Perry is going to deliver ads directly to Youtube Twitter Roku , samsung and LG smart TVs during the halftime show. It will be LIMITED EDITION Katy Perry-branded items

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

DEHUMANIZE

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
superbowl XLIX?

more like superbowl EX LAX!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Chris Knight posted:

more like superbowl EX LAX!

it's just spraying out of my tv.

oh god. it's everywhere

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

pagancow posted:

oh you're canadian aren't you?

http://www.thestar.com/life/2015/01/28/why-canadians-wont-need-to-watch-the-super-bowl-to-watch-the-ads.html

lol

no wonder why youre being all angry birds about this you dont get to see any of the pure, uncut, amazing, american ads

(OXFORD COMMA)

ugh god i dont know why that article urging canadians to go on youtube to watch some loving ads bothers me so much but it does

oh wait i do know why. its stupid

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

ugh god i dont know why that article urging canadians to go on youtube to watch some loving ads bothers me so much but it does

oh wait i do know why. its stupid

no poo poo? now you're getting it!

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

canadians get to play the game : spot the advertisement that is region locked to america because of over zealous lawyers!!!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
that's easy: it'll all be ads from rogers or bell saying how great their plans are

that or futureshop wanting you to buy a new tv for the big game

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

pagancow posted:

canadians get to play the game : spot the advertisement that is region locked to america because of over zealous lawyers!!!

how exactly are they stopping the radio waves at the border?

because i'm fairly sure wgrz isn't dropping in a bell ad just for their friends across the lake

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Chris Knight posted:

that or futureshop wanting you to buy a new tv for the big game

this always stikes me as odd, it's already too late to get a new tv for the big game

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

infernal machines posted:

how exactly are they stopping the radio waves at the border?

because i'm fairly sure wgrz isn't dropping in a bell ad just for their friends across the lake

talking about Youtube content not available in your region

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

this always stikes me as odd, it's already too late to get a new tv for the big game

regret, fear, and happiness are used to sell things

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

put all the hashtags into tweet deck to get real time feedback on your 10 million spent

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

decided not to go out and watch the sportscup because i don't want to sit through 3 hours of advertising to see 20 minutes of game

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

nhl playoffs

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

THIRTY MINUTES

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

holy poo poo chevy just did a direct correlation between sex appeal and having a truck.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

like no cutsey script or anything it was like "take the pepsi challenge, heres the same guy same pose same everything but hes in front of a dinky 4 banger, and this HGUE gently caress OFF TRUCK" and they showed all these women being like 'yeah truck guy is sexier'

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
why is it impossible to create a good car ad?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Chris Knight posted:

nhl playoffs

the only reason to even have an HD tv

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

pagancow posted:

regret, fear, and happiness are used to sell things

advertising is manipulative? you are blowing my goddamned mind here dude

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Shaggar posted:

why is it impossible to create a good car ad?

why is it impossible for america to create a good car?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
these ads are so bad.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

why is it impossible for america to create a good car?

fords are ok.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
why don't they just have katy perry in all the ads. that would be good I think

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Shaggar posted:

fords are ok.

ford sync.

Shaggar posted:

why don't they just have katy perry in all the ads. that would be good I think

it would be better than whatever they're doing now.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
they had katy perry in one ad but I think it was an ad for the half time show so don't think that counts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

lol seattle

this storm blowing in from the southwest is loving with my signal a bit.

• Locked thread