Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Probably painted on a gloss base too, although some GW metallics can be pretty shiny when they're not washed. Though none of the silvers I think. It might be that Vallejo Metallic line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Like the others have said, it's likely to be Vallejo's Silver from the liquid gold line.

I've never used the silver, but there's no reason for it to be any different from the golds which are simply amazing. On the flip side, it's a bit of a pain to work with (thinning with alcohol instead of rather, dries insanely fast, need separate brushes).

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I also recommend trying AK Interactive True Metals, they're wax based and you can polish them to a mirror shine with a bit of cloth after letting them dry. A little messy, but the results are super.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Cataphract posted:

I didn't put the broken robots into my ghost ark. No Troublems.

Such cowardice.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Wow, those AK paints look boss judging from a few Youtube videos. I think I'll give them a whirl when my Boltgun and Mithril Silver pots finally run dry.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lord Twisted posted:

On the final picture for this http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Necrons/NECRON-TOMB-STALKER.html

How do they get such a metallic 'sheen'? Clearly isn't gw paints. Tamiya? Wouldn't mind seeing if there's a decent quality blue version.

Its a clear car lacquer over the top of a basic silver and then buffed up to a sheen. They do it from time to time. The Saim Haan Phantom has a very similar process in their modelling masterclass book if you want to look at it.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mango Polo posted:

Like the others have said, it's likely to be Vallejo's Silver from the liquid gold line.

I've never used the silver, but there's no reason for it to be any different from the golds which are simply amazing. On the flip side, it's a bit of a pain to work with (thinning with alcohol instead of rather, dries insanely fast, need separate brushes).

I use Vallejo 'liquid gold' silver on all my models- it's extremely shiny, great to add metallic effects to regular old acrylics, and is amazing for highlights. I can't recommend the stuff enough.

I prefer alcohol paints over acrylics in some ways since cleanup is easier, your paint never goes bad in your palette, and the fast drying time helps with drybrushing. Just make sure you use 90% alcohol and not 70%.

NTRabbit posted:

I also recommend trying AK Interactive True Metals, they're wax based and you can polish them to a mirror shine with a bit of cloth after letting them dry. A little messy, but the results are super.

Wow, and I thought I was the only person that tried wax metals. I tried them twice, but they were hard to work with. The end effect was cool though.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
My first necron warrior

Daylight bulbs arent the greatest for shining through a lightbox.

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Feb 1, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

BULBASAUR posted:

Wow, and I thought I was the only person that tried wax metals. I tried them twice, but they were hard to work with. The end effect was cool though.

I'm on my first tube, saw it in the store and thought I'd give it a try. Messy though, you almost need to paint just the metal and then varnish it before painting anything else, just to stop the spread of sparkles. Otherwise yeah, I love the Vallejo Liquid Golds, got three of them, the AK just had colours like Aluminium and Iron that aren't in the VLG.

Other news, the guy who makes the cool ebay tank tracks made two true scale Land Raiders, four Rhinos, two Whirlwinds, two Predators, and two Vindicators

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.833522410020542.1073741838.302835446422577&type=1

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
I want to add different coloured rods to my 'Crons, but haven't got hold of any Warrior models yet. Could anyone tell me how the rods are put in?

Essentially can I buy an ebay rescue squad, cut out the green rods, spray + paint and then reglue in new different coloured rods? I might have to do some shaving down of the new rods but just wanted to know if that sounds possible.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Lord Twisted posted:

I want to add different coloured rods to my 'Crons, but haven't got hold of any Warrior models yet. Could anyone tell me how the rods are put in?

Essentially can I buy an ebay rescue squad, cut out the green rods, spray + paint and then reglue in new different coloured rods? I might have to do some shaving down of the new rods but just wanted to know if that sounds possible.

They just pop in from the top into a socket on both sides. They're easy to swap in and out unless they're strongly glued in.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

PierreTheMime posted:

They just pop in from the top into a socket on both sides. They're easy to swap in and out unless they're strongly glued in.

Cheers. Got my eye on some 20 warrior lots, didn't want to drop the cash and then be cursing when it comes to customisation.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

AbusePuppy why did I have to hear from some raspy California man that you won TSHIFT? You don't love us enough?
Didn't you hear? According to internets it "didn't count" because there wasn't enough terrain on the tables, I was playing Eldar, I went first in some of my games, and the moon was in the third phase of Aquarius descending.

Seriously, though, I try not to dump a buncha tournament stuff into the thread here, 'cause that's not really the main focus of it and I didn't get enough pretty pictures to make an interesting battle report. I figure anyone who particularly cares about that sort of thing will probably be reading 3++ anyways. But, to plug slightly, myself and several other folks are starting up a podcast that maybe you want to listen to if you care about how tournaments go and stuff. Aiming for doing weekly episodes, and got another one on the new Necron book coming up real soon here.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I stopped reading 3++ as the signal to noise ratio got too high a few years ago. Maybe I'll pick it up, as you an Matt seem to be writing a lot more.

Hopefully that podcast will fill the hole in my heart left by the Independent Characters.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
BATTLE REPORT
So I played and eventually won a very tense game today: my Imperial Guard vs Eldar, 1850 pts. Mission was from some tournament format, hammer&anvil deployment, 4 eternal war objectives were the primary obj, 6 (inc those 4) maelstrom objectives gave secondary objectives, and warlord/first/linebreaker were tertiary.

I fielded the same sort of list I have been doing recently - 2 blobs of 30, leman russes including Pask as a warlord. 1 manticore, an aegis. I skipped some more heavy support and went for an allies contingent of Militarum Tempestus - a comd squad with 4 plasma guns, and 2 squads with melta guns.

He had a pretty standard mechanised army, but included 3 forgeworld hornets (pulse lasers, natch) and a Lynx superheavy. Very scary, and he managed to roll invisibility in order to protect it. He had first turn unfortunately.

Essentially I got the poo poo shot out of me for 2 turns and then slowly turned it around from T3 onwards. Shooting war so a lot of luck was involved. Lots of plays on both sides fizzled out or succeeded in freakish ways. Highlights:

- Lynx killed about 30 infantry from various squads, Pask, and another leman russ throughout the game. Thing is a beast, god knows what it was like before D-weapons were brought down a bit.

- Hornets were pretty savage but not a real weak point for my army thankfully. He got 1 with LoS to my manticore but I was lucky on saves. He then forgot to move it next turn, I fired 4 flamers at his rear armour. Rolled 3 6s to glance. Boom.

- My blasts scattered hither and yon, missing their targets but often killing random things. His tended to hit.

- My drop units were sort of a weird success. 2/3 scattered badly, the comd squad mishapping and getting placed in a far corner.
- The hit squad did nothing to the Lynx (it wasn't invisible then), tried to assault his farseer, and got killed.
- One scattered squad, accidentally landing close to said farseer, managed to take him out despite invisibility, winning slay the warlord, linebreaker, and claiming an objective.
- The mishapped comd squad slogged it up the board, and as his lynx came forward to finish off my main force, they fired at it in turn 5 and whiffed, then fired and killed it stone dead in turn 6! Woo hoo for TL plasma guns!

So in the end I had 3 models from 1 blob (the other had died after taking out some fire dragons and wraithguard), the company command squad, 6 scions (in 2 squads), and an out of ammo manticore. My opponent had I think just 10 dire avengers sitting on an objective. Oh, and 1 damaged fire prism. I won handily on primary objectives, and tertiary, maelstrom obj had been pretty lackluster for both of us and were tied.

Very tight, cool game against a hard-rear end army. Sporting opponent. drat good day out. We played on a FW RoB board, it was pretty but completely impractical. Models often wobbled on over-elaborate surfaces, dice were impossible to roll. This was part of a team challenge and my lot creamed the opposition, so beers all round!

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
BAT REP - Nids and Eldar

I played a game in my escalation league versus a guy and his jetbike-heavy Eldar last night. The sheer amount of S6+ shots was a concern for all of my MCs, as well as his mobility so I opted to play for a wipe over objectives. We don't play in a super competitive group so lists are generally not hyper optimized. I've been playing around with the Swarmlord in a pod and this is the second game with him. We played at 1,250pts.

My list is a Winged Tyrant w/ BL Devourers, Swarmlord in Pod, 2 squads of warriors with a Strangler in each and Deathspitters, 2 Hive Guard, a Mawloc, a Biovore and an Exocrine.

He had three squads of bikes, one with a Warlock, a Wave Serpent with 5 Wraithguard and a Spiritseer, a small unit of Reapers, a big squad of Hawks with Exarch and a squadron of three Vypers. Brightlances ad S6 shuriken stuff everywhere (I don't know Eldar guns all that well).

Deployment was fairly standard, I kept my Warriors and Biovore back behind some 4+ cover barricades, hid my Hiveguard in a building (yay for homing shots), dropped the Exocrine in a crater and put my winged Tyrant out on a flank hoping for first turn.

He put his Wave Serpent w/ Wraightguard and Spiritseer opposite the Winged Tyrant, his Reapers in the middle holding an objective behind a barricade, and then all of his bikes and Vypers off to the other flank behind a building denying LOS to my Exocrine.

I won first turn, and combined fire from the Warriors, Exocrine and Biovore killed the Reapers giving me first blood. The Tyrant flew in towards the Wave Serpent and plinked an HP off of it. The Wraithguard disembarked into a crater, and they fired against the Tyrant along with the Wave Serpent. Lack of Skyfire really hurt and they only managed a wound or two. The Vypers and bike fared better, taking the Exocrine down to one wound remaining.

On the second turn the Mawloc and Swarmlord dropped in. The Mawloc missed his targets and the Swarmlord failed to do much of anything. He managed to get of psychic scream but didn't put a single wound on any of the three affected squads. Shooting was better with the Exocrine popping a Vyper and a few bikes. The Tyrant flew over the Wave Serpent and plinked it's rear armour into oblivion. Other shooting was mostly ineffective, killing only a bike or two.

The Exocrine died swiftly to a combination of bright lances and Shuriken fire. The Swooping Hawks came in a killed off two Warriors with a mass of small arms fire. The Tyrant took another wound from the Wraithguard but was still in the fight.

The Mawloc reburied and the Swarmlord moved to charge the Warlock. Combined fire took the Swooping Hawks down to three models and thinned out the bikes to four remaining across the three squads. The Swarmlord then epically failed to accomplish anything with the Warlock successfully making his Invulnerables for three wounds from Psychic Shriek, a S10 AP2 Warp Lance, and then I rolled 4" for the Swarmlords assualt distance. The Hive Tyrant did manage to glance down the a second Vyper however.

In the bottom of the third round, the Warlock boosted away from the Swarmlord to try and regroup with the Wraithguard for some form of protection. The Jetbikes shot up and assaulted the second Warrior squad leaving only one model left. The remaining Vyper tried to ping the last wound off of the Winged Tyrant but rolled a one to wound.

We finished out turn four with the Warlock finally failing an invulnerable save and eating a S10 warp blast from the Swarmlord and suffering instant death. The last Vyper was shot down by the Tyrant and the Mawloc came up near the Wraithguard, but missed them with his Terror From the Deep attack. He survived the Wraithguard shooting in the Eldar turn and we called the game.

I had First Blood, Warlord and Linebreaker. My opponent had Linebreaker but objectives were pretty much split between the two and only I had units free to claim them.

My losses were two Warriors from each Squad and the Exocrine. He had lost his Reapers, Wave Serpent, Warlock, most of his Hawks and more than half his bikes. Victory to the great devourer!

TKIY fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Feb 1, 2015

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

AbusePuppy posted:

Aiming for doing weekly episodes, and got another one on the new Necron book coming up real soon here.

Looking forward to that. I'm swinging between an AV13 wall with Arks and Stalkers, or going for a fast assault with Wraiths, Preatorians and Arcanthrites. Though in neither case it will be able to deal cleanly with Eldar WS/Knights/Flying Tyrant fuckery :(
I actually don't really see any good defences against bunch of flying tyrants with this codex.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Wow, good job on winning so completely TKIY. Pods obviously make a big difference to deploying a unit like the swarmlord.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
The new codex has some great bits. Necrons are all about trolling everyone and each other.

quote:

873.M41 THE WIDOW’S SPIRAL
The feuding Rytak and Kayra Dynasties each dispatch Deathmarks to eradicate the other’s court. Such is their success, both worlds are left leaderless.

976.M41 THE FEAST OF STEEL
The Sautekh Dynasty expands into Tau space and invades the Kroot-held world of Caroch. Though the Kroot win the first engagements, their attempt to dine upon the living metal of their victims has hideous results as a nano-scarab plague sweeps through their ranks.

987.M41 WELL OF TIME
Orikan the Diviner devises a way to better study his enemies. Trapping the Obsidian Glaives 7th Company in a chrono-loop, the Cryptek sends warriors against them and observes the results with curiosity. For the Space Marines, it is a battle that rages on in a day that neither begins nor ends.

990.M41 THE MUSEUM OF DEATH
Trazyn the Infinite creates one of his largest collections to date, sparking the Tyranid invasion of the world of Vuros and then using a temporal cascade to immortalise the event. Even so, Trazyn finds the Tyranids troublesome museum exhibits and is forced to abandon the project after several full-scale battles in the vaults of Solemnace.

993.M41 A DARK EXPERIMENT
By chance, Illuminor Szeras captures a Culexus Assassin during a surprise incursion against a Chaos-held world. Szeras, fascinated by his subject and hungry for further specimens, ensures word reaches the Imperium of the event. The High Lords of Terra do not disappoint, and despatch an Execution Force to destroy the Cryptek.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
What's the best load out for a Wraithlord in a Wraith-only list? Dual BL + dual flamer? What about Wave Serpent load out for Wraithguard transport? I'd wondering if I can steal the Serpent BLs for my Wraithlords.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Genghis Cohen posted:

Wow, good job on winning so completely TKIY. Pods obviously make a big difference to deploying a unit like the swarmlord.

He's such a huge threat that even a mobile army like Jetbike Eldar have to change their plans when he lands in their backfield.

That plus an 18" shadow in the warp really hurts.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster
Had lot's of free time this weekend, so I decided to paint up a handful of HQ models that were sitting around for my Black Templars:

New Marshal/grizzled as gently caress Terminator Sergeant.:

Good ol' eBay rescue:

This guy is probably my favourite Space Marine model:

He's magnetized for a jump pack as well!

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
TKIY: Yeah, assault armies are all about penning your opponent in with the threat radius of your units. A mucker of mine won big against his opponent today by using the '5 battlewagons with scout' formation, simply because there's no way to get away from those and it's not really feasible for a pure-shooty army to kill them all in 2 turns (his opponent was Tau).

Lungboy: as with almost all eldar heavy weapons, shuriken cannons if absolutely strapped for points, traditional choice is scatter lasers or bright lances depending on what your army needs. Absolutely take flamers, since you can only fire 2 weapons at a time, it will always be the heavies unless you are in some ideal flamer situation. Don't ever take 1 scatter laser + 1 other, it's a trap as the re-roll isn't worth the role mixing.

Wave serpents, always take TL scatter lasers in all circumstances. Most people take holofields and shuriken cannon but you can choose with them. I'd say they are both good upgrades on such a durable/flexible vehicle. Protip, always seek ways to get a cover save using LoS tricks, that your holofield will improve, then you don't have to jink.

EDITED for clarity.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TKIY posted:

He's such a huge threat that even a mobile army like Jetbike Eldar have to change their plans when he lands in their backfield.

That plus an 18" shadow in the warp really hurts.

Nope, Shadow is always 12". I don''t think there is any way of increasing it. Always always 12".

Synapse can increase, but synapse isn't Shadows and Shadows isn't synapse.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
"That guy causes so much drama," says the people that pollute the thread with annoying responses. GJ on getting a nerd probated for being a nerd, foul nerds.

Space Marine proportions are loving dumb. Hopefully the Space Marine kit gets a true update like the Dark Vengeance set. Since the retail Chaos Marine box still hasn't been updated and the Blood Angels kit was in line with the kit that's over a decade old, welp.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

LordAba posted:

Nope, Shadow is always 12". I don''t think there is any way of increasing it. Always always 12".

Synapse can increase, but synapse isn't Shadows and Shadows isn't synapse.

Maybe I misread, I thought Shadows range = Synapse range. I don't think it mattered in this game anyhow, but I'll be sure to clarify before my next game.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
How long do GW tend to keep new models in stock? I know they do the limited edition codices and army package deals that get 'sold out' within a few days of being on the webstore but if I want to pick up a box of the new Harlequins in six months time am I going to be able to get them retail or will I be forced to pay eBay markup prices?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They're not limited, so yes.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

AbusePuppy posted:

Didn't you hear? According to internets it "didn't count" because there wasn't enough terrain on the tables, I was playing Eldar, I went first in some of my games, and the moon was in the third phase of Aquarius descending.

Seriously, though, I try not to dump a buncha tournament stuff into the thread here, 'cause that's not really the main focus of it and I didn't get enough pretty pictures to make an interesting battle report. I figure anyone who particularly cares about that sort of thing will probably be reading 3++ anyways. But, to plug slightly, myself and several other folks are starting up a podcast that maybe you want to listen to if you care about how tournaments go and stuff. Aiming for doing weekly episodes, and got another one on the new Necron book coming up real soon here.

First of all - the Internet is full of poo poo. The armchair generals who aren't there playing always annoyed the crap out of me when the would contest something like this. You won. Congrats! Revel in it dude.

If you want any advice on the Podcast (I'm not super into competitive scene as many know but I'll be checking it out), just shoot me a message.

Carl

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Post 9-11 User posted:

"That guy causes so much drama," says the people that pollute the thread with annoying responses. GJ on getting a nerd probated for being a nerd, foul nerds.

Space Marine proportions are loving dumb. Hopefully the Space Marine kit gets a true update like the Dark Vengeance set. Since the retail Chaos Marine box still hasn't been updated and the Blood Angels kit was in line with the kit that's over a decade old, welp.

The thing is a huge number of GW kits are cross-compatible with each other based on the silly proportions of the basic template SM. Think of all the shoulderpads! Impossible to change now really. And since a huge % of total kits sold are reportedly SM of one type or another, people seem to like 'em.

Some photos of my game today, at setup:

Please not that bloody Lynx. Through the game it moved up his left flank until the lost and wandering Scions took it out. His farseer, hiding at the back there, fell victim to a similarly off-target deep strike.

Manticore rolled quite well for shots, very poorly for accuracy, but I think it actually killed 2 vehicles by going off-target, so every cloud.

I love the way my army looks, but holy hell is it a bitch to set up. Maybe I shouldn't get those 50 conscripts and 60 infantry after all . . .

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

AbusePuppy posted:

But, to plug slightly, myself and several other folks are starting up a podcast

Don't know what I was expecting here but as someone who looks forward to every post you make here and article you write for 3++, this is terrible. I'm 15 minutes in and it's three neckbeards without a script or direction smugly arguing about which army is the best.

Also, you sound like Judge Whitey in a fedora and I don't know how to deal with that.

Edit: Seriously you guys sound so angry.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Post 9-11 User posted:

I scrolled through this page and I have no idea what you're talking about.

E: Oh man Hollisman got probated? For what? poo poo this subforum/thread has gotten so toxic.

ijyt fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 1, 2015

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Genghis Cohen posted:

Some photos of my game today, at setup:

Please not that bloody Lynx. Through the game it moved up his left flank until the lost and wandering Scions took it out. His farseer, hiding at the back there, fell victim to a similarly off-target deep strike.

Manticore rolled quite well for shots, very poorly for accuracy, but I think it actually killed 2 vehicles by going off-target, so every cloud.

Somehow everything scattering poorly yet still managing to take everything out is very Imperial Guard to me.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I remember I once said "Centurion-star" following a tournament, real soon after the SM codex release, and AbusePuppy did everything short of calling me an idiot for thinking that, that was a real thing.

So...

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I played a game with a buddy of mine today, my Marines vs. his Orks. It started with a 4x4 terrain-packed table, where I had a small force go in and try and take out three objectives. He had a bunch of blips floating around that would reveal to be anything from 10 grots to 5 nobz with a klaw. We made up some rules kind of based on the 4th ed combat patrol rules in regards to sentries, but absolutely everything went tits up around turn 2. I was hugely overwhelmed by a buttload of Orks that I had no means of killing, my dice were crap and his were hot. We decided to have an Ultramarines elite rescue force come in to try and save the day, but that stopped short when my Terminators failed 5 armor saves in a row. My luck was about that bad the whole game, but we kept rolling in more units turn after turn (turns probably went up to the double digits) and just had a really good time with it. In the end, Sicarius himself (who overheated his plasma pistol two turns in a row) took out the second objective while a tactical squad took out the first, leaving the third target in Ork hands. It was at most a moral victory, but it was incredibly fun to just roll out a ton of toys and, well, forge a narrative. Wouldn't do every game like that, but any game where you spend half of it laughing at what's going wrong is a good one! Reminded me a lot of the convention games I used to run with my dad, or some of the wacky homebrew miniatures rulesets I played with my friends in high school.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I love the uncontrollable escalation from a small recon force all the way up to a company commander and terminators. Brilliant.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

spacegoat posted:

Don't know what I was expecting here but as someone who looks forward to every post you make here and article you write for 3++, this is terrible. I'm 15 minutes in and it's three neckbeards without a script or direction smugly arguing about which army is the best.

Also, you sound like Judge Whitey in a fedora and I don't know how to deal with that.

Edit: Seriously you guys sound so angry.

sometimes my wife looks at this thread over my shoulder and reads out posts in an exaggerated nasal voice... that voice sounds like the voices in this podcast.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

Boon posted:

I remember I once said "Centurion-star" following a tournament, real soon after the SM codex release, and AbusePuppy did everything short of calling me an idiot for thinking that, that was a real thing.

So...

I thought that was a different poster. AP is not an inflammatory poster like some we have had in the past.

I do remember someone said something like that. I too was confused because I knew centstar was a real list and I was surprised to hear a competitive poster not know about it.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

ineptmule posted:

I love the uncontrollable escalation from a small recon force all the way up to a company commander and terminators. Brilliant.
It was essentially Sicarius just saying "Come on, do I have to do this myself?" and doing the job the Marines on the ground couldn't.

I figured it was about 1800 points in total that I just drip fed in turn after turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

TKIY posted:

Maybe I misread, I thought Shadows range = Synapse range. I don't think it mattered in this game anyhow, but I'll be sure to clarify before my next game.

Yeah I was wrong, SitW is always 12".

• Locked thread