Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Tracula posted:

The definition of :smugcat: (Why isn't this an emote?)

because we have :radcat: instead

Also in Service Dog Chat, Guide Dogs (in the UK at least) basically have Work Mode and Dog Mode, and when they're not on the job they just go back to being doofy dogs. But Harness On = Work Time.

Also also bats are great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

IslamoNazi posted:

My brother stole a cat once. Her name is Belle.

Tell your brother from me that he is the Robin Hood of cat stealing.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Some more fuzzy potatoes

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

If capy's do coke this hard why do they still look so chill?

Dove from Above posted:

Tell your brother from me that he is the Robin Hood of cat stealing.

Shall do, I'll see if I can get some more photos too but she's super camera shy.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

One of my angora rabbits was shedding faster than I could brush so she needed a haircut.

Before:

After:

Her name is Pink Lady and she was super relaxed the whole time she was getting trimmed. Everyone likes a spa day :3:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Bunnies love being groomed. :)

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

IslamoNazi posted:

My brother stole a cat once. Her name is Belle.

He was living with someone who did not have a good grasp on anger management and used to beat the cat, well kitten at the time, severely. Her voice box really doesn’t work anymore, she can’t cry out for help, she has a lot of trouble even just purring. Belle did not have a good start to her life. So my brother stole her.

5 years later and she is still scared of basically anything. If you win her trust though it’s probably impossible to find a cat that will give you more affection than Belle does. I lived with her for years, fed her daily, before she was cool with me. This is a cat that does not have a good reason to trust people.

Now days she lives in a little 3 room shack in the middle of nowhere and couldn’t be happier. There are a bucket load of birds that she’s way to scared to actually catch but absolutely loves stalking for a bit. She’ll go up and say hello the the kangaroos and it’s amazing trying to work out who is more scared of who.

There are two things she really likes in life. Chasing down cat biscuits and getting brushed. You can’t stroke, scritch, pat, rub her for more than 30 seconds before she’s had enough of your poo poo but if you bust out the brush she’ll basically overdose on happiness. It’s still the only way to make her purr. It’s also guaranteed cat drool. A lot of cat drool. She’s pretty cool about it though because she’ll lick it up to stop you from being coated in cat drool, well to smear it around a bit anyway.

She’s still pretty good at hiding if she doesn’t want to hang out. She’s also so good at not wanting to ride in a car that people get enlisted to house sit to stop her from having to get in one. That isn’t much of a problem though, the super cool Thai lady next door will feed her home made fish cakes day in and day out and it costs a bucket of limes when you can get them. Belle is doing the best out of the deal but it’s pretty easy to get everyone else to the table to make it happen. (Jossies fish cakes are amazing btw).

So I’m currently on house sitting duties and have a bit of time and thought I’d write this up.

edit: Spellings

I'm trying to figure out who is more awesome, Belle or your brother. :allears:

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib

ARE YOU NOT ANTERTAINED

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

When did Winnie the Pooh add an anteater character?

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.

:stare: Well that's unnerving.

The Monkey Man posted:

A pit bull/dachshund mix

It's nice to see people finding this dog cute and not screaming about it being a genetic abomination that should be put down.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

gently caress YOU I'M AN ANTEATER

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Is...Is it wearing a little coat? :kimchi:

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.

Seems like a good opportunity to (re)post this...

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Is that just a thing anteaters do?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

LateToTheParty posted:

It's nice to see people finding this dog cute and not screaming about it being a genetic abomination that should be put down.

To be honest it's probably healthier than either of the source breeds.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

LateToTheParty posted:

:stare: Well that's unnerving.

Oh come on he's just happy to see you.
Cat becomes slowly cuter over time
http://i.imgur.com/jlcAfFT.webm

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

McDragon posted:

because we have :radcat: instead

Also in Service Dog Chat, Guide Dogs (in the UK at least) basically have Work Mode and Dog Mode, and when they're not on the job they just go back to being doofy dogs. But Harness On = Work Time.

Also also bats are great.

It only takes a couple of times before the dogs associate the jacket with Work, it's like putting on a uniform. It works on even the wildest dogs.

Bats are great.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Khazar-khum posted:

It only takes a couple of times before the dogs associate the jacket with Work, it's like putting on a uniform. It works on even the wildest dogs.

Bats are great.

I work with bomb dogs sometimes and they switch modes instantly. It's really quite something. The head trainer will brig his eldest working dog to a new class to show how fast they get ready and the dog can shift back and forth all day without issues. All it takes are the right props (vest, tool belt, snack bag) and the right vocal tone.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Haruharuharuko posted:

Cute, but it looks like it's being terrified.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Haruharuharuko posted:

This just makes me nervous, because that cat looks like it's about to attack something.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kimmalah posted:

This just makes me nervous, because that cat looks like it's about to attack something.

No that cat is scared is as hell, its recoiling from something.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Alteisen posted:

Scared cats that backed into a corner very often lash out eventually, so I think it still applies. In any case, it's not very cute to anyone who can recognize that body language.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Alteisen posted:

Judging by the movement of the shadow on the left, I'm assuming the agressor is a common-or-garden trouser snake, getting ready to unleash its spit attack.

Poor cat.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Yeah, That is not a happy cat.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mmm, if the cat was getting ready to pounce the ears would be up and forward (preying) or back (pissed off). Totally flattened is scared, it's instinctively making itself smaller to hide.

MikeJF has a new favorite as of 10:43 on Feb 2, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Cats will get scared over nothing. This one is just reacting to a friend of the owner coming over.

No no no!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxRX6LXDpWs

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

MikeJF posted:

Mmm, if the cat was getting ready to pounce the ears would be up and forward (preying) or back (pissed off). Totally flattened is scared, it's instinctively making itself smaller to hide.

OK, I'll let all the cats I've ever had know they're doing it wrong.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

mycot posted:

Is that just a thing anteaters do?

It's a threat display, they might not look particularly big but those claws are powerful. There are stories of people finding jaguars that have been hugged to death by giant ant eaters. Unfortunately their reaction times aren't the greatest.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Say Nothing posted:

Cats will get scared over nothing. This one is just reacting to a friend of the owner coming over.

No no no!

https://vine.co/v/OOP9JLbJeLK

:ohdear:

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Say Nothing posted:

No no no!

The guy was probably wearing some wierd poo poo on his face/head for the cat to be oh-long-johnson'ing the gently caress out like that.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

The guy was probably wearing some wierd poo poo on his face/head for the cat to be oh-long-johnson'ing the gently caress out like that.

That could just mean a hat the cat has never seen before. My brother's idiot Maine Coon was terrified of his hat and would bolt whenever he saw it for several months.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Bertrand Hustle posted:

That could just mean a hat the cat has never seen before. My brother's idiot Maine Coon was terrified of his hat and would bolt whenever he saw it for several months.
This hat?

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Bertrand Hustle posted:

My parents old cat would yowl whenever my dad would wear a hat as soon as he took it off she would be all lovey dovey as usualy but goddamn she didn't like hats.

Uhh content:

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

Oh Don Piano!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkwiQmGWK4c

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

This is Loki. We adopted her from a shelter a few weeks ago.

They thought she might be some sort of Plott Hound/Boxer mix. Maybe.

She's a warm weather dog, and likes to be warm.

She was 2 months old when we got her. She's 3mo now. Like all puppies she's either going all out...

Or completely out cold.

We got a decent amount of snow yesterday and today, while it's not her first snowfall, it's one of the first major ones.

She loved exploring the yard and diving in to the snow.

She couldn't be outside for more than a few minutes at a time, but she loved most of it.

But after being outside, she always needs warm cuddles.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Your dogge is super cute! I love her little pink tongue. :3:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

This is our newest weirdo, Mindy. She sleeps in weird ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Which dog chewed through a box of tissues?
http://i.imgur.com/9gkNd5N.webm

• Locked thread