Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

Bouchacha posted:

8.1.2 is still being signed. Hurry!

https://ipsw.me/all

Does this not include CDMA (Verizon)?
E: for the 5s that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Sunblood posted:

Does this not include CDMA (Verizon)?
E: for the 5s that is.

No clue. I doubt Apple would selectively stop signing based on your device carrier, but I have no idea how that poo poo works. Can't hurt to try

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
The CDMA and GSM devices get different versions of 8.12 or whatever so they COULD stop signing one earlier than the other. Who knows if they would.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Bouchacha posted:

8.1.2 is still being signed. Hurry!

https://ipsw.me/all

Do this, it's super effin easy.

Jailbreak groups are hinting that 8.1.3 jb will come out very soon though.

In other news, it's looking like BiteSMS is officially dead. iMessage+ is updated for 8 now but I'm not much a fan. Messageheads on the other hand does quick message and quick reply very similar to bitesms. I started using it yesterday, and it's really the next best thing.

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

Bouchacha posted:

No clue. I doubt Apple would selectively stop signing based on your device carrier, but I have no idea how that poo poo works. Can't hurt to try

I'm asking since the site just has downloads for GSM and Global for the 5s, is there no available ipsw for 8.1.2 CDMA?

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

VZW = 8.1.2 GSM IPSW

I just did it on my VZW 5S a few days ago after I heard 8.1.3 had dropped.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
Now that I'm finally jail broken again I'd like to get a better lock screen like LockInfo. My biggest problem with the stock setup is that only recent notifications appear on the lock screen, and I have to swipe down from the top of the screen to see the full notification center. It makes what should be a quick glance into ... not a quick glance.

LockInfo looks discontinued. What are my options?

Edit: also, is there any better way to browse Cydia? Filter out old poo poo? I've installed and uninstalled dozens of things with undated change logs and poor documentation after finding out they don't work.

An Open In Background Tab mod for Safari would be rad too. it's a core feature in Settings now. Huh. Good.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Feb 4, 2015

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Bummey posted:

Now that I'm finally jail broken again I'd like to get a better lock screen like LockInfo. My biggest problem with the stock setup is that only recent notifications appear on the lock screen, and I have to swipe down from the top of the screen to see the full notification center. It makes what should be a quick glance into ... not a quick glance.

LockInfo looks discontinued. What are my options?

LockInfo is not discontinued. In fact it's in release candidate stage now and a release is imminent.

It also looks and works great on iOS 8. You can add David Ashman's beta repo to try it.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

bobfather posted:

LockInfo is not discontinued. In fact it's in release candidate stage now and a release is imminent.

It also looks and works great on iOS 8. You can add David Ashman's beta repo to try it.

Beta repo! I forgot about the whole repository thing. Thanks. I just picked it up and bought the upgrade.

The weather is stuck and Mumbai for some reason and I can't get it to change. Oh well, I've got windows.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Here's a question that was probably asked years ago :smith: I have an OG iPad 1, the original one. I use it for light kindle reading, SiriusXm, these forums, and some sleep/relaxation apps at night before bed, Exchange Server, and note taking from time to time - works perfect for all of that Well being stuck on the OG 1 and therefore stuck on iOS 5.1.1, I can't download any of these newer sleep/guided relaxation apps off the itunes store that she or I want. Basically, is there an way to jailbreak this iPad v1 so I can grab a few of these low resource intensive apps (that require a higher iOS version) while spoofing what version I'm really on? Thanks :)

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

eightysixed posted:

Here's a question that was probably asked years ago :smith: I have an OG iPad 1, the original one. I use it for light kindle reading, SiriusXm, these forums, and some sleep/relaxation apps at night before bed, Exchange Server, and note taking from time to time - works perfect for all of that Well being stuck on the OG 1 and therefore stuck on iOS 5.1.1, I can't download any of these newer sleep/guided relaxation apps off the itunes store that she or I want. Basically, is there an way to jailbreak this iPad v1 so I can grab a few of these low resource intensive apps (that require a higher iOS version) while spoofing what version I'm really on? Thanks :)

I've seen people do this by editing a .plist file but it usually ended up with all sorts of bad results in other places and processes. I don't think there's any good way to go about it.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Forcing an app that's one version ahead onto a device might work, but anything modern that wants 8 will probably poo poo itself and die on 5.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
There is a custom iOS 5 ipsw called grayd00r which brings new version features to the ipad1 and can allow new app versions to run as well.

I've not used this but have seen it mentioned a lot over at r/jailbreak.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

I have the same package on two devices. It runs fine. I update it on one, and the update is a piece of poo poo. Is there any way to pull the package file off of the other one and install it on the one I updated?

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Is there really any reason to upgrade to 8.1.2 if you're already jailbroken on 8.1.1? I'm super lazy and even if it's easy I don't want to unless there's like a huge bug fix or something.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't buy shit. i don't know what the fuck is going on.

eightysixed posted:

see if you can get a version of flex to play nice with 5.1.1. i did some searching and i think it can be done.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

To anyone that dearly misses ManualCorrect, the dev posted a .deb file: https://twitter.com/aerialx/status/551113039353618432

It changes it so that the default assumption is that you don't want autocorrect to apply unless you tap the word suggestion. Probably 10% of why I jailbreak.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
So my 9 year old daughter has a first gen iPad and wants to hack blockheads so she can have unlimited time crystals. She figured out how to do this by jailbreaking but doesn't know how to do the jailbreak. I think it's fine, but I wanted to run it by people here in case there is some risk to jailbreaking that I'm not thinking of. It doesn't have a camera and doesn't have much personal info on it.

Am I missing anything? And you can skip the "you shouldn't teach your children to cheat" thing, it's a stupid video game.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

Nah, jailbreaking is safe. Flex has a tweak to do what you're after, too.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

GutBomb posted:

So my 9 year old daughter has a first gen iPad and wants to hack blockheads so she can have unlimited time crystals. She figured out how to do this by jailbreaking but doesn't know how to do the jailbreak. I think it's fine, but I wanted to run it by people here in case there is some risk to jailbreaking that I'm not thinking of. It doesn't have a camera and doesn't have much personal info on it.

Am I missing anything? And you can skip the "you shouldn't teach your children to cheat" thing, it's a stupid video game.

Cheating is a great way to enjoy some games that would otherwise be bogged down with tedium. The forum moderation staff isn't keen on us discussing piracy, though.

Jailbreaking is pretty easy. The current method on firmware 8.1.2 is done with TAiG and takes about 10 seconds. http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-jailbreak-ios-8.1.2-using-taig-guide/

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Oh I know how to do the jailbreaking. I've been doing it for years. I was just wondering if there were security implications in giving my kid a jailbroken iPad that I wasn't thinking of.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

GutBomb posted:

Oh I know how to do the jailbreaking. I've been doing it for years. I was just wondering if there were security implications in giving my kid a jailbroken iPad that I wasn't thinking of.

Only if she learns how to add sketchy repos on Cydia. There may be some normal Cydia tweaks that may open up absurd security holes but none come to mind immediately. You could download Springtomize (for example) and hide Cydia's icon if you're concerned.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

GutBomb posted:

Depending on the :filez: method used, there could be security issues. One of them spoofs IAP communications between your phone and apple and, if you don't log out of your app store account or make the right actions, it might send your account info somewhere unwanted. Apple might even notice. I don't know if there have been any cases of that happening but both are probably possible.

Bouchacha posted:

Only if she learns how to add sketchy repos on Cydia. There may be some normal Cydia tweaks that may open up absurd security holes but none come to mind immediately. You could download Springtomize (for example) and hide Cydia's icon if you're concerned.

That too.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Thanks. Won't be doing any piracy, and I'll hide cydia. Good idea.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

GutBomb posted:

Thanks. Won't be doing any piracy, and I'll hide cydia. Good idea.

Not that I give a poo poo, but that's exactly what you'll be doing if you're cheating a game for unlimited premium/IAP currency.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Bummey posted:

Not that I give a poo poo, but that's exactly what you'll be doing if you're cheating a game for unlimited premium/IAP currency.

Oh I didn't realize those could be purchased, I don't play that game. I was under the impression that it was in game money the way it is in things like simcity.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

GutBomb posted:

Oh I didn't realize those could be purchased, I don't play that game. I was under the impression that it was in game money the way it is in things like simcity.

To be fair the game is hard to play without a lot of IAP currency.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming
Whats a good app for cleaning out all the misc. data and OTHER stuff?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

icleaner

Sarah Problem
Sep 24, 2002

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Witten is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

I don't know if anyone has this issue often, but it took me a fair amount of research to figure out an issue I was having with binaries giving me a "illegal instructions: 4" error message in mobile terminal. Come to find out its a simple issue with ARM64 phones. You can fix it yourself right in mobile terminal with a sed and then a ldid command. You'll have download Saurik's Link Identity Editor from his repo.

code:
sed -i'' 's/\x00\x30\x93\xe4/\x00\x30\x93\xe5/g;s/\x00\x30\xd3\xe4/\x00\x30\xd3\xe5/g;' /usr/bin/binaryname 
ldid -s  /usr/bin/binaryname 

Just change binaryname to the binary you were receiving that error for. I got this from http://iphonesdkdev.blogspot.com/2013/02/illegal-instruction-4.html?m=1

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Are there any mods that remove toggles from the SBSettings-like panel that you drag up from the bottom? I'd like to get rid of the calculator, timer, flashlight, bluetooth, and DND. And maybe add a few toggles like Flux.

Sarah Problem
Sep 24, 2002

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Witten is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

Bummey posted:

Are there any mods that remove toggles from the SBSettings-like panel that you drag up from the bottom? I'd like to get rid of the calculator, timer, flashlight, bluetooth, and DND. And maybe add a few toggles like Flux.

Cccontrols lets you add toggles but I don't think it removes the bottom programs

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Bummey posted:

QuickActivator is the best I've seen for this. It's not free, but it can do everything you want it to, and then some.

JiUC
Aug 3, 2004

X-ray reflectivity is a technique used to study crystalline structures. Making use of Bragg's law, λ=2dsin(θ), one can assess the thickness of a thin film by measuring the angle of total reflection, and compar

Hey guys, it looks like I'm gonna have to unlock my Rogers (canada) iPhone since I'll be spending a few months in Asia and want to be able to use it on the carriers there. Will getting it unlocked remove my
Jailbreak? If so, what's the best way to handle that? Thanks for any advice.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

JiUC posted:

Hey guys, it looks like I'm gonna have to unlock my Rogers (canada) iPhone since I'll be spending a few months in Asia and want to be able to use it on the carriers there. Will getting it unlocked remove my
Jailbreak? If so, what's the best way to handle that? Thanks for any advice.

Which iPhone do you have? It will depend on that somewhat.

In order for a carrier unlock to take effect typically you will need to restore your device, thus removing the jailbreak. As far as I know 8.1.2 is still being signed by Apple, but that is subject to change at a moment's notice.

You can also sometimes trigger the unlock (without restoring) using a non-network SIM; or using the SAMPrefs tool. There might be another tool out there but I've never had to use any of them personally.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Earlier in the thread, I believe someone mentioned using iLEX R.A.T. to semi restore and trigger the unlock.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

just keep swimming
I got my friend an iPhone 4 on 7.1.2

Its ATT but he has Verizon, is their anyway he can jailbreak to use his Verizon number?

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

goodness posted:

I got my friend an iPhone 4 on 7.1.2

Its ATT but he has Verizon, is their anyway he can jailbreak to use his Verizon number?

No. Jail breaking does not "unlock" a phone to be used on a different carrier. Nor is there any jailbreak tweak or app that will unlock it for you. Your best bet, if it is originally your phone, is you can request an unlock through ATT's website, as long as the phone has been paid for (2 year contract is complete), and your account is in good standing. It costs nothing to unlock it this way. The only other way is buying an unlock through eBay.

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

Poala Bear posted:

No. Jail breaking does not "unlock" a phone to be used on a different carrier. Nor is there any jailbreak tweak or app that will unlock it for you. Your best bet, if it is originally your phone, is you can request an unlock through ATT's website, as long as the phone has been paid for (2 year contract is complete), and your account is in good standing. It costs nothing to unlock it this way. The only other way is buying an unlock through eBay.

They still won't be able to use an ATT iPhone 4 on Verizon though. It has no CDMA radio at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and burger
Jul 21, 2006
Never a greater duo
My 6+ crashes to safe mode like 1/8 times I use TouchID. Is this a known problem with any particular tweak? Can't seem to find any corroboration of this.

• Locked thread