Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The time has been set. I will buy Captain Toad this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Other M doesn't have anything.

It doesn't even have Ridley. Buff Ridley is a travesty of design and real bad even if his boss fight is mechanically one of the few good things in the game.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Like the Star Wars prequels, Other M doesn't exist in my brain anymore.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Green Puddin posted:

Like the Star Wars prequels, Other M doesn't exist in my brain anymore.

Like the Star Wars prequels, people act like Other M murdered their firstborn child

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Looper posted:

Like the Star Wars prequels, people act like Other M murdered their firstborn child

If anything, Other M is overrated. A lot of people think the only bad parts of it are the parts that went memetic like BABYBABYBABY or the Ridley scene, but there's so much more that's bad, inexplicable, or just poorly thought out.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

mycot posted:

If anything, Other M is overrated. A lot of people think the only bad parts of it are the parts that went memetic like BABYBABYBABY or the Ridley scene, but there's so much more that's bad, inexplicable, or just poorly thought out.

I think everyone knows exactly what is wrong with Other M

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i dunno i think someone should explain it to me, the topic really isn't covered that often

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
And regardless, unless another Metroid game is released, opinion of it isn't going to budge because people view it as the thing that killed the series. It would be hated for that even if it was a good game.

mycot fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Feb 2, 2015

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Looper posted:

I think everyone knows exactly what is wrong with Other M

It better not be the baby

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA dudes, here's are all the Wii U/Wii games from the final Club Nintendo digital rewards catalogue, with prices: https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do

quote:

Wii U Retail Downloads - 850 Coins each

Wii Party U

Wii U Retail Downloads - 600 Coins each

Game & Wario
The Wonderful 101
Wii Fit U

Wii U eShop Downloads - 300 Coins each

Dr. Luigi
NES Remix

Wii U VC - 250 Coins each

Earthbound

WII U VC - 200 Coins each

Balloon Fight
Baseball
Clu Clu Land
Donkey Kong 3
Donkey Kong Jr.
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
F-Zero
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Golden Sun
Golf
Ice Climber
Ice Hockey
Kid Icarus
Mario Bros.
Metroid
NES Open Tournament Golf
Pilotwings
Pinball
Punch-Out!!
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Punch-Out!!
Tennis
Urban Champion
Volleyball
Wario's Woods
Wrecking Crew
Yoshi
Yoshi's Island GBA
Zelda II: Adventure of Link

WiiWare - 250 Coins each

Doc Louis' Punch-Out!!
Excitebike World Rally
Fluidity
Eco-SHooter Plant 530
Snowpack Park
ThruSpace

WiiWare - 200 Coins each

Art Style: Cubello

Wii VC - 250 Coins each

1090 Snowboarding
F-Zero X
Mario Golf
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party 2
Paper Mario
Pilotwings
Starfox 64
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Kart
Super Metroid
Super Punch-Out!!
Super Smash Bros.
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Wii VC - 200 Coins each

Clu Clu Land
NES Play Actiion Football
Super Mario Bros. 2
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Zoda's Revenge: Startropics 2

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Feb 2, 2015

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Does Metroid Prime Trilogy not offer surround sound? I just got a receiver with HDMI in, so I can do surround sound on the Wii U now, but I can only seem to get 2.1, even with Dolby Pro Logic II (which I figured was surround because I'm a dumdum.)

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Oh man another set of Smash posters are up! But none of them are the awesome Robin one. :(

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
My Wii U Gamepad already died, we just bought the Wii U like 3 weeks ago. I don't know what is wrong with it, maybe it was dropped or stepped on (I don't see any physical damage though and it is always on the charger), or maybe it just decided to stop working. 99% of the touchpad doesn't work and neither do the YX BA buttons for some reasons. I am not sure if it is a software or hardware failure. It seems cheaply made though.

i'll send it in to Nintendo this week, but when I get it back are there any must-have screen protectors or anything for it?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

NA dudes, here's are all the Wii U/Wii games from the final Club Nintendo digital rewards catalogue, with prices: https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do

God dammit. I really wish we got these in the PAL Club Nintendo's, because then I could dump a bunch of my Stars on N64 games :sigh:.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Meta Ridley posted:

i'll send it in to Nintendo this week, but when I get it back are there any must-have screen protectors or anything for it?
I've had a Wii U since launch and the gamepad's always worked fine for me - I'm not even particularly careful with it. It sounds like you just got a defective unit.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

God dammit. I really wish we got these in the PAL Club Nintendo's, because then I could dump a bunch of my Stars on N64 games :sigh:.

PSSH, like those things beat mario golfballs, ds game cases and pikmin3 ringtones. :negative:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Argh, Club Nintendo is down now. I swear, I better not lose out on my last chance to get a game case.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth TNT posted:

PSSH, like those things beat mario golfballs, ds game cases and pikmin3 ringtones. :negative:

Don't forget the Pikmin Tote Bag!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I was tempted to get another game case, but the last one I got is still half empty because I've been downloading most of my games...

I snapped up that sweet Majora's Mask messenger bag, though. That thing is slick.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Silver Falcon posted:

I was tempted to get another game case, but the last one I got is still half empty because I've been downloading most of my games...

I snapped up that sweet Majora's Mask messenger bag, though. That thing is slick.

You guys get what?! :rant:

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You guys get what?! :rant:

I'll tell you what we DON'T get, free games!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Meta Ridley posted:

My Wii U Gamepad already died, we just bought the Wii U like 3 weeks ago. I don't know what is wrong with it, maybe it was dropped or stepped on (I don't see any physical damage though and it is always on the charger), or maybe it just decided to stop working. 99% of the touchpad doesn't work and neither do the YX BA buttons for some reasons. I am not sure if it is a software or hardware failure. It seems cheaply made though.

That sounds like a hardware defect, as long as you're sure it's charged. I'd try plugging in the charger directly to the gamepad just to be certain. The Wii U is really strict about the quality of the signal going to the gamepad, so if it was a software issue, you'd sooner see an error on the screen ("connection to gamepad has been interrupted") than have it start malfunctioning.

As for screen protectors, any will do, and recommended since the screen is constantly exposed (leads to dust, leads to dirt, leads to you pushing dust and dirt around on the screen with the stylus/fingers.) You can probably find a HORI one in stores. I think I put a PDP brand on mine, and... they're all the same, but HORI is the Nintendo-licensed brand for accessories.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

No Captain Toad amiibo for Platinum prize. Phew

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Darth TNT posted:

I got some metal pin badges of the items from Mario Kart 8 and they own

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Xenoblade X Chronicles Presentation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr2R7t_wqlQ

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

enojy posted:

Does Metroid Prime Trilogy not offer surround sound? I just got a receiver with HDMI in, so I can do surround sound on the Wii U now, but I can only seem to get 2.1, even with Dolby Pro Logic II (which I figured was surround because I'm a dumdum.)

A lot of adventure GC games do this, they want you to perceive power ups and enemies as being either "near" or "far" because it would make the game too easy otherwise. Remake and other GC games with better sound support actually do the same thing with their enemies.

Personally I'd have prepared better sound options as Prime isn't a super punishing game in the first place.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

So, at this point, is there no reason to save coins? these are all the prizes we're gonna get, right?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is the more exciting news to wake up to, not the Club Nintendo update. Hoping we finally get a set in stone release date for Japan and North America. English voices would be nice too, but this looks like its going to focus squarely on the Japanese version.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Soooooo glad I saved my coins all of these months. Wonderful 101, Super Mario World and Super Metroid is my very likely picks for this. I'm gonna wait a little bit before I decide though. No reason to rush it when we have 4 more months to decide.

Edit:

mabels big day posted:

So, at this point, is there no reason to save coins? these are all the prizes we're gonna get, right?

I don't think Nintendo has said that yet, but with the sheer number and quality that they put up, I think it stands to reason we aren't getting anything more except maybe Gold and Platinum yearly rewards.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

mabels big day posted:

Well platinum rewards aren't up yet, so if you would be platinum, it's probable that some of the games like Wonderful 101 will be available as a platinum reward, so you could save those 600 coins and spend them on something else.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

greatn posted:

Well platinum rewards aren't up yet, so if you would be platinum, it's probable that some of the games like Wonderful 101 will be available as a platinum reward, so you could save those 600 coins and spend them on something else.

This is what i'm hoping for. Is that the platinum reward is going to be a real good selection of Wii U titles. I'm hoping Windwaker HD is one of them.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

If you're platinum and you want to buy a retail Wii U or 3DS game, just hold out until the Platinum/Gold rewards go up. There's bound to be some overlap and then you can get something for free and spend your coins on something else.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah that's what I'll probably do. I think I will go ahead and get Harmoknight and a few virtual console games though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I said come in! posted:

This is the more exciting news to wake up to, not the Club Nintendo update. Hoping we finally get a set in stone release date for Japan and North America. British voices would be nice too, but this looks like its going to focus squarely on the Japanese version.

Fixed it for you. :colbert:

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I want that gat dang messenger bag

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

I said come in! posted:

This is the more exciting news to wake up to, not the Club Nintendo update. Hoping we finally get a set in stone release date for Japan and North America. English voices would be nice too, but this looks like its going to focus squarely on the Japanese version.

The game already has a release date in Japan (April 29th) and we aren't getting dates for the rest of the world since it's a Japan-only presentation.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Doc V posted:

The game already has a release date in Japan (April 29th) and we aren't getting dates for the rest of the world since it's a Japan-only presentation.

Still gonna watch it for hopefully some giant anime robot action. :/

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Have they said when the Platinum rewards are going up?

Edit: Also, if one of the Platinum rewards is Wonderful 101, it'll literally be a Platinum reward. :v:

Fremry fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Feb 2, 2015

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I got the messenger bag hail yase!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Ugh, knew I should've saved up more of my coins.

I've been a registered club nintendo member since 2002. Hope they'll carry over seniority to the new program.

• Locked thread