Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

E: 57% kill, holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The sooner you realize every complaint about melee -> sm4sh is the same as the problems the sonic fanbase have with the recent games the sooner you will understand what you are dealing with.

This

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
RIP Hungrybox

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Actually I kind of agree with doctor what, with regards to melee, but he needs to stop posting immediately

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
JPN!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
so the nukes get fired if Amsa wins here right

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The rapid-fire eggs are hilarious.

e: wait does that dude have falco & fox tattoos?? Tell me they're drawn on with sharpies.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Your Computer posted:

e: wait does that dude have falco & fox tattoos?? Tell me they're drawn on with sharpies.

They're not...

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Your Computer posted:

Hes a well known celebrity in the Furry scene.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Your Computer posted:

:911:

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Your Computer posted:

oh honey...

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Your Computer posted:

you're just adorable.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The wrong country won

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
F

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

amsa is so fukken sweet i love amsa. :unsmith:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Amsa you were our last hope :(

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

:japan:

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

IronicDongz posted:

He was still trying to get in a lot more than the Rosalina was.

That's because Pac Man has zero ability to approach. None at all. As soon as Rosalina got a lead, the match gets a dozen times harder for Pac Man because he can't jump to approach anyone because all his air attacks are super-unsafe on shield, he can't run at anybody because anything he can do out of the dash is either slow to come out or really laggy on recovery, he can't walk at anybody because his limbs are stubby and he has no move that quickly can cover space, and he can't grab because have you seen Pac Man's grab. He's a really good defensive character and he can turn the stage into a befuddling maze of physics objects and flying fruit, but you cannot approach anyone to save your life. As we saw in the tournament.

Rosalina played the match that was dealt to her- she took a lead in the first ten seconds then sat on it and watched Pac Man flounder helplessly for five minutes and fifty seconds.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
It's time for our anime prince to save us from the tyranny of the swedish space animals.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
lmao that get-up spot dodge

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Leffen is a monster heel whose momentum cannot be stopped

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Oh my lord ppmd

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Marth combos are maybe my favorite thing to watch in melee. Those hitsounds. Slice em up.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

sluurrrp

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Wow, Armada's Fox is pretty real.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ShadeofBlue posted:

Wow, Armada's Fox is pretty real.

Its the best Fox

Aurra
Feb 3, 2006

It feels like Leffen broke down mentally after his loss to PPMD. It doesn't look like he is playing nearly as well as he has been throughout the tournament.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Get hosed Leffen

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Armada staying healthy with 2 gallons of orange juice.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
armada taking a swig of oj after, da juice is loose

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

EMP_CT_UGS_[A]rmada [L] VS. VGBC_EG_DR.PPMD [W] GGs.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
PPMD was a loving muse. He is a shining light in the community and the whole GF run was incredible. Amsa Vs. Mango was also incredibly, incredibly good and is a must watch for anyone who both 1.) likes smash and 2.) thinks spacies are unbeatable/melee has no diversity.

Seriously rivals TBH4 for the best Smash top 8 of all time.

Unfortunately the same can't be said about Zero and Smash 4 but there's always next year for some Japanese player to actually play somewhat interesting and then get beaten unceremoniously by a really lame rosaluma.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

That man is either incredibly tiny or that drink incredibly large.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
aMSa didn't win, still don't care about Melee, sorry everyone

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hey so smash 4's update for 8-player maps we got last week has a couple of streamlined amiibo stuff that I didn't see documented anywhere for those who care.

1. The name of your amiibo shows up on the Result screen if they come in 1st instead of the characters real name.
2. The memory wipe input is now in the top right corner when you select Amiibo off the main menu
3. When you select Amiibo from the menu and finish up tweaking the character instead of dumping you back to the main menu it asks if you have another one you want to scan first.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hey so smash 4's update for 8-player maps we got last week has a couple of streamlined amiibo stuff that I didn't see documented anywhere for those who care.

1. The name of your amiibo shows up on the Result screen if they come in 1st instead of the characters real name.
2. The memory wipe input is now in the top right corner when you select Amiibo off the main menu
3. When you select Amiibo from the menu and finish up tweaking the character instead of dumping you back to the main menu it asks if you have another one you want to scan first.

Huh, 1st wasn't there before? I bought my first amiibo after the update, so I thought having "MoveShower" show instead of CAPTAIN FALCON was normal. I guess not, then, that is a good change, makes it absolutely clear that your amiibo and not some random AI won.

I don't think it's ever asked me to scan another amiibo though, are you sure about 3 or am I missing something?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Blaze Dragon posted:

Huh, 1st wasn't there before? I bought my first amiibo after the update, so I thought having "MoveShower" show instead of CAPTAIN FALCON was normal. I guess not, then, that is a good change, makes it absolutely clear that your amiibo and not some random AI won.

I don't think it's ever asked me to scan another amiibo though, are you sure about 3 or am I missing something?

I'm pretty sure on 3 because I just did it. I finished tweaking Samus and instead of having to select Amiibo's again it went right back to the "Scan a Amiibo" screen.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Thank god for all of these, especially #3. Having your amiibo's name show up is a lovely little touch, and I appreciate the streamlining of having the delete button moved...but not being dumped out to the main menu after each amiibo scan is a godsend. Every so often I go through and collect all my amiibo rewards, and that just took FOREVER with 18 of the bastards. Now that my collection is in the mid 20s and growing...ugh.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

laplace posted:

melee has no diversity.

Yup, Melee's diverse because a single Yoshi got really high in the brackets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Sire Oblivion posted:

Yup, Melee's diverse because a single Yoshi got really high in the brackets.

There was Fox, Falco, Marth, Peach, Jigglypuff, Shiek, Yoshi, and there were notable Pikachu, Ice Climbers, and Samus players very near the top.

Even just looking solely at the Top 8 there was 7 different characters running around?

• Locked thread