Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Do MBTs have cameras in the rear for when they are backing up or is it old man style blind reversing hope no ones there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Magres posted:

Lakeville and Malinovka also work really well, though they're both prone to yolo charges ruining your game. I did the first LT-15 on Lakeville.

Where do you do spotting on Lakeville, middle road? Honestly, besides spotting missions I'd normally just go town and shoot dudes in the butt in a light on Lakeville.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Thanks for posting that, I ended up watching the entire thing.

WitchFetish posted:

Eh, it looks good, at least

How is it? As a mediocre tanks player I have that in my sights as the best I can realistically hope for from the personal missions any time soon, the stats look good from what I've seen.

Maimgara
May 2, 2007
Chlorine for the Gene-pool.

Axetrain posted:

Do MBTs have cameras in the rear for when they are backing up or is it old man style blind reversing hope no ones there?
The german Leopard tanks have rear view mirrors, visible on the ingame model in their folded-up position. Not that you get actual good vision with those, I think the idea is to have someone guiding you, if you're doing maneuvers that are more precise then "through that wall and over that car"

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I've decided to stop drinking. I wonder how this will affect my tanking. For one, my damage dealt per game seems to have gone up...

I'm still terrible at tanks. Although now I've unlocked the Jagdtiger without using any freexp throughout the entire grind!

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Missing Name posted:

I've decided to stop drinking.
Hahahaha RIP.

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010

Axetrain posted:

nope. In fact, the driver enjoys a whopping 45 degree frontal view through narrow periscopes. Drivers take their commands from the tank commander, who backs them up, drives them forward, etc. trusting the commander to not drive them all into a ditch. In fact, the driver is usually the lowest ranking and least experienced person on the vehicle.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

SoUncool posted:

nope. In fact, the driver enjoys a whopping 45 degree frontal view through narrow periscopes. Drivers take their commands from the tank commander, who backs them up, drives them forward, etc. trusting the commander to not drive them all into a ditch. In fact, the driver is usually the lowest ranking and least experienced person on the vehicle.

From what I've heard he has the best seat in the house though.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Darkrenown posted:

Where do you do spotting on Lakeville, middle road? Honestly, besides spotting missions I'd normally just go town and shoot dudes in the butt in a light on Lakeville.

Yeah, that's exactly how I got my 4k spotting done. Got like 3k done by spotting the south team's crossing to the town (which had the side effect of pretty much winning us the game outright, they were down 2 tanks before the town fight even started), then got my last thousand by driving around their base like a crazy person and tracking fools

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Axetrain posted:

Some modenr ones do, others don't afaik.

Maimgara posted:

The german Leopard tanks have rear view mirrors, visible on the ingame model in their folded-up position. Not that you get actual good vision with those, I think the idea is to have someone guiding you, if you're doing maneuvers that are more precise then "through that wall and over that car"

It also had a rear-view camera for the driver since the 2A5 I think. The indigenously-upgraded variant of the 2A4 used by the Swiss IIRC also has one.

Magni fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Feb 2, 2015

Crash74
May 11, 2009

rockopete posted:

Thanks for posting that, I ended up watching the entire thing.

On the flip side of the big anime tits and rear end weirdness there is a legit good series called Zipang. It is a take on The Final Countdown (im a sucker for time travel movies). Premise is that a Maritime Self-Defense Force destroyer is on its way back from wargames gets sucked back to ww2, all these dudes grew up post ww2 and the nukes. Do they sink the american carriers and help the IJN or stay neutral?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNH5T1wQrgw&t=1083s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGihNrP-uGg&index=5&list=PLUHHCRpTzNxFZcHL6ruA4KZW4Nte2EEqK#t=20m59s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2ow7zf1Jl8&t=2717s
Cheezy but still good.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Having seen gameplay of Kancolle I think I will compare it to an idling game that rewards you with anime girls.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Missing Name posted:

I've decided to stop drinking.

Filthy casual!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Having seen gameplay of Kancolle I think I will compare it to an idling game that rewards you with anime girls.

Fun fact: they make nearly all of their money by selling virtual marriage certificates so you can enter holy matrimony with the waifu of your choice.

They get repeat customers because polygamy is a thing, and also because you can get your waifu perma-killed if you're not paying attention. It's like dating your best soldier in X-Com.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Vengarr posted:

Fun fact: they make nearly all of their money by selling virtual marriage certificates so you can enter holy matrimony with the waifu of your choice.

They get repeat customers because polygamy is a thing, and also because you can get your waifu perma-killed if you're not paying attention. It's like dating your best soldier in X-Com.

Goddamn I watched DBZ and now some goons associate me with these people.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

The Southern Dandy posted:

Goddamn I watched DBZ and now some goons associate me with these people.

I don't think that word applies there, tbh.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

xthetenth posted:

I don't think that word applies there, tbh.

People? I'm just guessing here.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

The Southern Dandy posted:

People? I'm just guessing here.

It is obvious in context that that's the case, yes.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

xthetenth posted:

It is obvious in context that that's the case, yes.

Well then let's agree on that, in that case.

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

WitchFetish posted:

That is sexy as hell.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Someone playing on the supertest, how bad are the dispersion changes really going to be?

Refried Noodle posted:

That is sexy as hell.

There are some replays of it on wotreplays.com and it looks pretty powerful in tier7 games.
There are also some replays of people with T-55As, which just shows that some people have no life.
I would expect none of these mission tanks to be that common, since only good players will actually manage to get the T28 Concept.

Viperidae
Feb 7, 2007
Arf!
After meeting a dev ingame in botes and then messaging him on the official forums it seems they are going to let me keep the alpha access and just update my forum status to alpha tester.

Yay!

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

WitchFetish posted:

How many degrees does that gun traverse, 180+?

Also I'm excited to finally buy a discounted Object 140. Sold my WZ-120 to pay for it, but whatever, I already have a 121 and all that and I never play it anymore.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

AlmightyPants posted:

How many degrees does that gun traverse, 180+?

30° to each side for 60° total. Unfortunately you can't stick the breech out the side.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

WitchFetish posted:

Where do you shoot this thing from various angles? What are the weakspot and how much pen do you need for them?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Dunno-Lars posted:

Where do you shoot this thing from various angles? What are the weakspot and how much pen do you need for them?

Side armour is 100mm, roof armour is 0mm, usual spots work ie cupolas and side bubble turrets

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Dunno-Lars posted:

If you can get any kind of height advantage, the upper plate is really soft if you're shooting down onto it.

From head on, the weld seams are pennable, the gun bubbles are weak spots too if you hit them flush.

The recess behind the gun pivot is tougher than the rest of it from the side too.

kemikalkadet fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Feb 2, 2015

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Thank you. In case I meet Witch... Or other no-lifers.

In other news: 8bit mode is rather frustrating with teammates running in every direction, leaving you alone. But that crew experience, with the current special of double crew exp. Retrained my amx12t crew into the french thing, I want sixth on them asap. Worth the gold.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I watched Fury, I reinstalled the game. I have a tier 4 leopard fast light tank. I know I am terrible, useless and need a new tech tree to go down, but I am ready to play, if people will have me.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

xthetenth posted:

From what I've seen depressingly few compared to the numbers of people who want to drive the Bismarck, Prinz Eugen (How do you even like that class they didn't do anything special) and other horrid wastes of schiffbaustahl.

It looks cool + not even Amerikan nukes could sink it, it would still be in service if Amerikan sailors weren't so afraid of repairing it lest it mutate and become sentient due to the radiation.

(My favourite ship is the Deutschland class, because putting 11" guns on a cruiser is pretty rad.)

Also these missions are rather infuriating, you get some kind of cockblocker mission that relies way too much on the RNG or those games where both of your teams are just incompetent enough, then it follows up with "Deal 1000 damage!" or "Deal damage six times!" and you just wonder what the hell.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children

Scyron posted:

I watched Fury, I reinstalled the game. I have a tier 4 leopard fast light tank. I know I am terrible, useless and need a new tech tree to go down, but I am ready to play, if people will have me.

The tier iv luchs is one of the best tanks in the game for its tier

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Scyron posted:

North America or Europe? If Europe, pester the EU thread in PGS for an invite to 2PAC, the EU stronghold against the pubbies. If NA, gently caress if I know.

For lines to grind, KV-1 to IS7 is easy and good, US heavies and mediums are also good. Do the M6 before the T29 to get the 90mm, or everyone will laugh at your stock T29 with the 76mm.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

srb posted:

Also these missions are rather infuriating, you get some kind of cockblocker mission that relies way too much on the RNG or those games where both of your teams are just incompetent enough, then it follows up with "Deal 1000 damage!" or "Deal damage six times!" and you just wonder what the hell.

You finally set something on fire with a medium I see :v:

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I'm USA. I don't expect to be any help or much of a proactive player, but I got this game re-installed!

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Magni posted:

Some modenr ones do, others don't afaik.

It also had a rear-view camera for the driver since the 2A5 I think. The indigenously-upgraded variant of the 2A4 used by the Swiss IIRC also has one.

From what friends tell me RUAG added a rear cam because the army is full of dope heads. So yes the Swiss version comes with some extras that RUAG added to get some work hours out of it, there's also some sort of camera/joystick controlled MG that the German base model lacks. If you want a Leo2, I can tell you where 2/3rd or so of the Swiss tanks are mothballed. We can't sell them you know, in case Austria attacks us.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

You finally set something on fire with a medium I see :v:

I was torching right and left with heavy tanks, TDs and light tanks but I had a 30-game dry spell in mediums. I just don't know.

Light tank capping mission didn't finish because despite having capped the base the last enemy tank died within 5 seconds of the cap finishing. Fix your game, Wargaming.

Edit: There's something special about ramming heavy tanks to death in an E-50 and taking puny amounts of damage for it. Tiny compact IS, IS-3 and IS-6 tanks can't deal with 62 tons of steel!

srb fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Feb 2, 2015

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

The same thing happened to me, as anyone in TS with me for the span of about a week can attest to.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

rossmum posted:

The same thing happened to me, as anyone in TS with me for the span of about a week can attest to.

took me 70 games to set something in fire in a medium. played nothing but meds for days. also, gently caress whatever the missions did to this game. ive had a week of sub-50% wr and generally atrocious games now. was going steady at 60% for 12000 games before they introduced this loving poo poo

e: everyone should install the Advanced Aiming System mod, its excellent and done rather elegantly. it automatically adjusts aim distance for stuff for a second or two after you hover over a tank. if something gets despotted in teh distance right before you fire you won't shoot far above them. easier to lead shots in the distance too.

Truck Stop Daddy fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Feb 2, 2015

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Yeah, there was a sharp drop in my WR that mysteriously coincided with the beginning of the missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

srb
Jul 24, 2007
The first time a blood red JPE said "I have to do 1000 damage without being spotted" I laughed. The second time I started playing mid tiers.