Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anakha
Sep 16, 2009

3A. I've liked the Tetsuhara character since Wolves on the Border.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Gotta be 3A. Tetsuhara proposed sending the RTC so putting him in charge won't raise as many objections, and from the sounds of it he's the sort of person whose profile and prestige Hanse would want to cultivate - send a potential rival like Marcus and his success would only bolster the threat he presents while a failure would instead weaken Hanse.

It's almost tempting to send Sandoval so that a Fed Suns lord can clear the way for a liberation of Luthien and a Combine one can then lead the liberation, but the Sandovals are already trouble and Tetsuhara leading an attack on the orders of Hanse will be cooperation enough.

And I've been jonesin' to see the Draconis Suns take the field with the Goons since they became a thing, we've got to seize this chance to reverse the Clans' momentum.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

6 A

Also the Charger and Marauder for MVPs

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Political Theater Vote: 3) Warlord Minobu Tetsuhara

Combat Theater Vote: A) 1st Draconis Suns Regimental Combat Team

It's time for the Great Black Samurai to kick some Clanner rear end.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

anakha posted:

3A. I've liked the Tetsuhara character since Wolves on the Border.

Seconding this.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I love the scenarios we get, PTN.

Political Theater Vote: 3A

Player MVP: Blackjack
Opforce MVP: Dragon

Here's to hoping we get some hovercraft drifting in this scenario

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
3A Any chance for "Iron Man" Tetsuhara to kick rear end.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

PoptartsNinja posted:

People might've wanted to watch me go insane trying to counter 6+ players in 9/14 Eponas while they get to beat up on Marcus "I Ruin loving Everything" Kurita. :shrug:

Sold! 2B, plus the fact Eponas will be amazingly fun for people who've been waiting for years to play with giant stompy robots.

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.
Goon MVP: "Wall-O-Crits" Blackjack
Opforce MVP: that Great Dragon

Political Theater Vote: 3A

Great job as always, PTN.

Sparq fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Feb 2, 2015

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Defiance Industries posted:

3A. Better tell the Clans that Minobu Tetsuhara is coming for them and Chatham is ABOUT TO GET GOT.

Chatham is about to get loving got. 3b. The best opponent, the highest honor. :getin:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Hey Poptarts are we still working our way through the original pilot's list? And are you still going to rotate it back to the beginning once we're all the way through?

Edit: Also it's looking like the Jade Falcons might be kinda hosed. Is Rasalhague getting their poo poo pushed in by Burrock? The most recent vote map is different from the "how things currently stand" map in the OP so I'm not sure I'm reading it right.

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Feb 2, 2015

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Also just to add something to PTN's vehicle breakdown - vehicles with turreted weapons can swing them to hit any facing they want. Hull-mounted weapons however have fixed firing arcs. It sounds obvious, but it's worth keeping in mind.

Edit: Also, heat is absolutely not an issue. Feel free to spam any energy weapons you might have to your hearts content.

Scintilla fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Feb 2, 2015

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

3 B

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Mukaikubo posted:

Chatham is about to get loving got. 3b. The best opponent, the highest honor. :getin:

3B

Eponas are just waaaaaay too much fun. You all owe it to the players for this scenario to let them abuse Eponas to their fullest. IS tanks just can't compare to the hilarity that is an Epona zerg.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

3A

... because black samurai sounds awesome and gently caress the clans as always.

OpFor MVP: Marauder for bullshit Arrow hits
Player MVP: Charger because how could a mech that successfully piledrove another mech into the ground not be the goddamn MVP.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Scintilla posted:

Also just to add something to PTN's vehicle breakdown - vehicles with turreted weapons can swing them to hit any facing they want. Hull-mounted weapons however have fixed firing arcs. It sounds obvious, but it's worth keeping in mind.

Edit: Also, heat is absolutely not an issue. Feel free to spam any energy weapons you might have to your hearts content.

Heat is a titanic issue, at the design phase.

This is because vehicles (Vees) while vees completely ignore the heat from missile and ballistic weapons (which is why vees tend to have so many.) they must have enough heatsinks to compensate for the heat of all their energy weapon load out at once... and they do not get double heat sinks, and also need what amounts to capacitor systems if they do not use a fusion engine of some kind.

*cough*give me an aerospace fighter ptn*cough*

3A

Op force: King Crab For being an absolutely frightening boss mech to the players at least in their own mind.
Player force: Catapult For unleashing the Srming upon the enemies like a champ.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I hope to see vehicle flamers.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Forgot to quote this:

PoptartsNinja posted:

The `Mech’s fusion engine didn’t explode when it lost containment, the power simply died—and with it the machine died as well.

Et tu, Stackpole? :v:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Ice Fist posted:

3A

... because black samurai sounds awesome and gently caress the clans as always.

OpFor MVP: Marauder for bullshit Arrow hits
Player MVP: Charger because how could a mech that successfully piledrove another mech into the ground not be the goddamn MVP.

I'm gonna keep lobbying for playing as the clans on this one, because despite the normal clan hate knee jerk, Epona deathraces are just too awesome to pass up! Look, we passed on the hilarious death race scenario already, we shouldn't make the same mistake again!

GenericServices
Apr 28, 2010
Gotta go with 3B here. Zippy rides with massive firepower lets inexperienced players have a better chance of reaching useful positions and putting OpFor guys into the dirt. Fragility means hilarious explosions for the peanut gallery. What's not to like?

garland336
Feb 26, 2013
Blackjack - consistent, powerful, till literally the bitter end.
Dragon - Same, only less so and opfor.

3A.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

After watching the Blackjack at play, it seems like an MG boat isn't as terrible as you might expect.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Night10194 posted:

After watching the Blackjack at play, it seems like an MG boat isn't as terrible as you might expect.

MGs are still quite dubious in normal games, even when you have 20 of them, because at the end of the day it's a loadout whose maximum effective range is 1-2 hexes away from the target. The Blackjack got to shine because of circumstances specific to this scenario. The dense urban terrain was critical in letting it close range without getting blown apart, but most importantly was the fact that the players always win initiative. That mech needs to consistently end turns hugging its target, and it needs to be able to do so while limiting its exposure to other enemies since it's fairly fragile itself. That's a very tall order when most lines of sight are longer than ~5 hexes and the other side might get a chance to move after you do, since even a 3/5 assault mech can lumber out of MG range without breaking into a run. This was a Goldilocks mission for the Blackjack and it wouldn't do nearly as well in an ordinary round of megamek.

It was, of course, amazingly fun to drive.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Yeah if you want an example of how this mission could have gone for the Blackjack, look at the fate of the Jagerbomb.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It was cool as hell to watch it just melt guys with crits and chip damage, though.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:
Player MVP: Charger
Opfor MVP: Marauder

Vote: 3 A

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Vote: 3A please.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Honestly, getting the chance to derail any Davion's plans should be goons top priority!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

paragon1 posted:

Hey Poptarts are we still working our way through the original pilot's list?

Yup.

quote:

And are you still going to rotate it back to the beginning once we're all the way through?

Still the plan, yes.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Voting 3a. Edit:D'oh!

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Feb 2, 2015

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.
Putting my name in the queue after so long! A very, very long queue....

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

VolticSurge posted:

Voting 3a. The only good Davion is a dead Davion! :black101:

But you're voting to play as the Draconis Suns? :raise:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

AmyL posted:

Putting my name in the queue after so long! A very, very long queue....

Same. I thought I did it a while back, but whatevs. Now is fine.

UrbanUrsine
Oct 17, 2007

OptimusShr posted:

Player MVP: Charger
Opfor MVP: Marauder

Vote: 3 A

I'm down with all of this.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

VolticSurge posted:

Voting 3a. The only good Davion is a dead Davion! :black101:

Come now. 'First Lord Hanse Davion' has a nice ring to it, don't you think? :getin:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

PoptartsNinja posted:

But you're voting to play as the Draconis Suns? :raise:

D'oh!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Player MVP - Charger
OpFor MVP - Dragon

Political - 3
Combat - A

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Ice Fist posted:

Same. I thought I did it a while back, but whatevs. Now is fine.

I don't always update the pilot list right away :ssh:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Scintilla posted:

Come now. 'First Lord Hanse Davion' has a nice ring to it, don't you think? :getin:

Being proclaimed First Lord seems like a great way to ensure that House Liao makes your assassination their #1 priority. As such... yes. A fine ring indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

Don't feel too bad... Of the major fluff characters that goons have controlled thus far, I think maybe two have come through unscathed.

The rest all died or are MIA. Think of you voting to see Tetsuhara join other notables such as:

Paul Masters
Ilkhan Lair Seidman
Kemper Varas

• Locked thread